[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Torterra - Fat neckbeards Infernape - Screaming autistic children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: 389.png (43KB, 536x493px) Image search: [Google]
389.png
43KB, 536x493px
Torterra - Fat neckbeards
Infernape - Screaming autistic children
Empoleon - People with good taste
>>
>>32352307
OP - Friendless autist
>>
Wrong, liking any one of the Sinnoh starters means you have good taste.
>>
>>32352314
Objectively wrong, I don't care if it is bait.
>>
File: 1472777998763.gif (16KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472777998763.gif
16KB, 598x450px
>>32352307
Everyone that doesn't box every starter after Gen 2 has shit taste.
>>
File: haruhi but thats wrong.png (643KB, 678x653px) Image search: [Google]
haruhi but thats wrong.png
643KB, 678x653px
>>32352307
>Empoleon - People with good taste
>>
>tfw I like all of Gen 4's starters
>>
>>32352307
I like all three of them. What does that make me?
>>
>>32352336
Then you're a fat screaming autistic underage neckbeard with good taste.
>>
>>32352307
I like Torterra, but if I'm asked WHAT I like about it, I wouldn't be able to answer. He looks comfy? I don't know why, but I just like him. I started liking Torterra simply because my brother and friend liked Empoleon and Infernape, to be just a contrarian to them, but I've grown attached to it.
>>
Torterra - Bros who like Grass types
Infernape - Bros who like Monkeys
Empoleon - Women
>>
>>32352341
Remove "good taste" part. There's two examples of bad taste, and one of good taste, so it gets his taste level at -1. He has bad taste.
>>
>>32352321
But gen 2 had the second worse starters in the series, only gen 5's is worse.
>>
Torterra - People with good taste
Infernape - People with good taste
Empoleon - People with good taste
>>
>>32352354
gen 3's starters are the worst, though. Nearly no redeeming qualities.

6 > 2 > 1 > 7 = 5 > 4 > 3
Objective starter rankings.
>>
>>32352357
this
>>
File: 1440137507333.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1440137507333.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>32352363
>>
>>32352376
That's actually my opinion. What are your rankings?
>>
>>32352363
What redeeming qualities do gen 2's starters have?
>>
>>32352307
Pokemon - Fat screaming autistic neckbeard manchildren

There are no people with good taste who play pokemon.
>>
It's amazing how fucking butthurt Torterrafags get over this. Every single fucking thread you see faggots like this >>32352357 making pathetic attempts and say how Torterra is good.
Here's a little piece of advise, you retards. Don't bite every bait. If you are going to bite, put in some actual argument and/or explain why you like your piece of literal shit turtle.

>>32352363
>>32352380
Your opinion is shit, then.

1 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 2
>>
>>32352385
They're solid designs despite their simplicity. Totodile's line is iffy, but Croconaw saves it. They all have something interesting about them.

As for gen 3, the only good designs are Grovyle and Blaziken. All of the others are awkward or way too simplified.
>>
>>32352385
>What redeeming qualities do gen 2's starters have?
The redeeming quality of being 17 years old, so anybody who played Gen2 was bound to be a stupid little fucker.
>>
>>32352389

The Anti-Torterra fags like yourself are more butthurt by its existence.
>>
>>32352389
>Kanto and Sinnoh above Kalos
Kalos games weren't great, but the starters were the most solid out of any of them. Only weak link is potentially Quilladin, though that's up to personal preference (I personally like all cocoon-style mons, so I like it despite how goofy it is.)

Gen 1 and gen 4 starters are all iffy. Venusaur is good and Blastoise is ok. Wartortle helps out. Similarly, Empoleon is good and Torterra is.... ok, I guess.

>>32352400
I started with gen 4, what I now believe to be the worst gen.
>>
>>32352397
>>32352410
These posts show us what pure contrarianism looks like. Bathe your eyes in this shit and use this for future reference if you ever feel like getting some (You)s.

>>32352408
>Anti-Torterra fags
>ranked Gen 4 as the third best
Great fucking observation skills. Fitting you posted Archer.
>>
>>32352307
Torterra - People with subjective taste
Infernape - People with subjective taste
Empoleon - People with subjective taste
>>
>>32352380
I think you need to look up the difference between objective and subjective.
>>
>>32352410
Greninja is the only good Kalos starter. I like Chesnaught, but it's an ugly fat fucker. There's a reason it's unpopular. And Delphox is shit. Pure shit. The color scheme, the design, minor features like the wand and ear hair, everything atrocious.
And Centaur is the ugliest and most overrated starter of all, period. Not just among the the Gen 1 starters. Blastoise and Zard have great and well thought out designs though, with all of their features blending together to make some of the most realistically detailed Pokemon.
>>
>>32352389
Shit taste
>>
>>32352433
It's not contrarianism, thanks. If it was I would have said something like "Gen 5's starters are the best and gen 1's are the worst"

I like some from both. Heck, I like some from all. I just prefer gen 6, where I believe they're the most consistently well designed, and I dislike gen 3, where I dislike the vast majority of them.
>>
>>32352454
Just meming there. Didn't realize everyone would takr it to heart.

>>32352458
The Kalos ones are all unique, follow their themes, and mix it up at the right times. People who dislike them have the right to, but they've got a lot more going for them on a tangible basis than some others. Not going to touch the gen 1 starters though.
>>
File: shellwarrior.jpg (156KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shellwarrior.jpg
156KB, 1024x1024px
>>32352321
Sorry, but Samurott is the best Water type in Unova. Bite me.
>>
Coming in with the most objective ranking of starters there is. 1>2>>>>>>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7
>>
>>32352489
>
>>
>>32352476
Combining more themes, having more details or even being unique is irrelevant if the Pokemon doesn't look good. There's a reason the most popular Kalos starter is yet another Water-type frog, one with no real gimmicky or unique details other than the tongue scarf.
>>
>>32352497
I'm just saying that the lines did an excellent job of distinguishing their unique stages and accomplishing the themes they set out to do. They capture the essence of what was intended and look good doing it. I know that last bit is subjective, but it baffles me that someone thinks Chesnaught or Delphox are ugly.
>>
>>32352357
>Infernape - People with good taste
lolno
>>
File: 250px-655Delphox.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-655Delphox.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>32352510
>Delphox are ugly
It's only the 3D model. It looks much better with a hunched posture as expected from a fox.
>>
>>32352307
Primarina - Fat neckbeards
Incineroar - Screaming autistic children
Decidueye - People with good taste
>>
File: Aria_Delphox.png (653KB, 530x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aria_Delphox.png
653KB, 530x720px
>>32352510
If it baffles you so much, maybe it will help if I explain my perspective, as someone who hates Delphox.

Let's start from the top. The most obvious thing to hate, the huge ear with huge hair growing out of them. They're unique. No other Pokemon has hair growing out of their ear. But they're disgusting. I hope I don't have to explain why hair growing out of ear is disgusting, but I can if you want me to. Their color doesn't help either. The hair is larger than the face and the red color makes it stand out even more as a piece stuck on face, rather than a part of it.

Then there's the face and chest. Honestly, I'm fine with it. It looks good. The white and yellow color go together well, and there's no unnecessary detail.

Moving to the arms. The fucking color. The dark red. It comes out of nowhere when it becomes a Delphox and covers most of the body. Why? For what purpose? The dark red fur is also too long. The hands look like they're just slapped on top of the fur, rather than being connected to the body.
The body has this color too, for no reason. Then there's those flame marks near the knees. I can understand "why" they're there, unlike the color, but I hate them. They look like patches in clothes and that's ugly. This is the very definition of unnecessary detail.

The entire Fennekin like is a trainwreck. It starts out as a cute baby fox, then it becomes bipedal and curvy. Why? What are they trying to appeal here? And then again, it changes completely in color and shape. It goes from being a curvy fox to a triangle with a head. Instead of following a consistent design, it changes completely with every evolution. It starts out a fox, and becomes a human. More human than Gardevoir, for fucks sake.

I'll ask you. Why do you like it? Fuck the theme. I'm talking about the design. I can explain what part every detail on Blastoise play, aesthetically and in the Pokemon's anatomy. There's no unnecessary detail, just meant to "look good".
>>
>>32352478
Oshawott and Dewott are better.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (67KB, 501x266px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
67KB, 501x266px
>torterra - people that choose grass starters
>infernape - people that choose fire starters
>empoleon - people that choose water starters
>>
>>32353763
>Need to fully evolve to get Megahorn
Not even.
>>
>>32352719
fucking this, I swear they designed chesnaught and delphox to be intentionally ugly to force everyone to pick greninja
>>
>>32352314
Objectively correct
>>
File: IMG_9191.png (118KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9191.png
118KB, 540x304px
>>32352533
>implying taste isn't subjective

Stop
>>
>>32353888
Yes, and your subjective taste happens to be shit.
>>
>>32353794
Stronger != better
Keldeo is stronger than any of them.
>>
>>32354772
>Stronger != better
So failing to heavily dent things with pathetic NFE stats and inferior coverage is okay? You have questionable logic.
Also:
>Event pokemon
>Being accessible ingame
>>
>>32352389
>Johto is last
>Muh Kanto Starters
Now for the good parts
>Gens 3 and 4 are respected
>Not shitting on Gen 7

True order:
3>4>7>6=1>2>5
>>
>>32354892
Swap 2 and 5 and its spot on.
>>
>>32352314
Correct
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.