[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't regular Blaziken OU again? I mean, Seed Boost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 257.png (30KB, 361x410px) Image search: [Google]
257.png
30KB, 361x410px
Why isn't regular Blaziken OU again? I mean, Seed Boost on something with 80 speed isn't THAT dangerous, and Chicken Boo's pretty frail and doesn't hit that hard anymore, meaning it has to protect, but it will die next turn anyway because it won't be able to kill the other Pokemon or because it set up SD.
>>
is it more OU than greninja I ponder
>>
I wonder all the time why pokemon are banned, even though they're not broken in the slightest. Even if they can take out a pokemon in one hit with a NVE attack, if you just gang up on it, it'll die easily. The only real things that are actually broken are Extreme Evoboost and Magearna.

And then I realize these are people who actually play singles. The fools.
>>
>>32348946

>Tapu Lele blocking priority
>Talonflame is dead

Pretty obvious why desu

The previous arguments against its ban no longer apply
>>
>>32348946
Because of the stress it puts against teams. Blaziken's main point of contention is that it can either use the Speed Boost itself to sweep, or pass it to someone. There is a very narrow list of things that can safely deal with both possibilities.

Now, I'm not sure if this is as much of a problem in current OU as it used to be, but that was the reasoning before, to the best of my knowledge.
>>
Not only can it set up and sweep, it can also Baton Pass its boosts to another Pokemon
>>
>Why isn't regular Blaziken OU again?
>People talk about why Speed Boost Blaziken is banned
>>
>>32348946
Blaziken has few all-around counters. Beating it usually comes down to priority, and being able to go mixed with that 110 SpA stat means it can easily adapt to whatever the common switch-ins become, e.g. HP Ice or Overheat for Lando-T.
>>
>>32349031
By regular, OP probably meant non-Mega.
>>
>>32349034
Anon,
>I mean, Speed Boost on something with 80 speed isn't THAT dangerous
Is literally the second phrase in OP's post.
>>
>>32349038
Probably, my bad if so
>>
>>32349034
Sorry,i was trying to reply to >>32349031
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.