[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen IV >14 Legendaries Was this the point where they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: snuh.png (2MB, 1280x889px) Image search: [Google]
snuh.png
2MB, 1280x889px
>Gen IV
>14 Legendaries
Was this the point where they went too far?
>>
>>32347414

6 of them (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and the Lake trio) play significant roles in the plot, so those are fine. Arceus too in an indirect way, being their creator.

The only place they really overboard was with stuff like Regigigas and Heatran. Just there for the sake of it.
>>
>>32347414
Yes and no. I think it would be overlooked if fifth gen didn't do the same. But at the same time I would say that sixth gen also dropped the ball by only having six legendaries, with the cover legendaries being the only plot relevant ones and having three others be mythical events and not even activate anything in game.
>>
>Gen VI
>6 legendaries
Was this the point where they went too short?
>>
>>32347414
But isn't Sinnoh based on a japanese region that is best known for its legends?
>>
>>32347414

>Gen 6/7
>One boxcover legend
>One "third" legend (Zygarde, Necrozma)
>Three legends released through the lifecycle of the game (Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion etc)

Did XY have a trio? I know SM has the Tapus.
>>
>>32347524

No, XY didn't have a trio

Just Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde and the Mythicals
>>
>>32347414
>14 Legendaries
>they all have generic boring abilities and rehashed types or are literal Yugioh dragons

Gen 4 was where legends got out of control. Gen 5 was when they went to complete shit with no merit.
>>
>>32347524
Yeah, XY had Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde. And the Kanto birds for basically no reason.
>>
>>32347485
If anything that's the perfect amount.
>>
>>32347549
A mascot trio with one that can fuse with the other two, A quartet of quadruped fighting types, and a trio with a humanoid and beast form are 10x better than what Gen 4 shat out on the plate. Yes, not Arceus alone is enough to save Gen 4's dogshit legendary roster.
>>
Plot important legendaries

Gen 4:

>Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
>Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
>Arceus (not directly, but is the creator of the previous six)
>Heatran (postgame plot)

Gen 5:

>Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem

Gen 6:

>Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde

Gen 7:

>Tapu Koko
>Solgaleo/Lunala
>Nihilego

Gen 4 had a lot, but it had more plot-relevant ones than the later gens.

Among the Tapus and Ultra Beasts for example, only Koko and Nihilego have any story significance.
>>
>>32347599
>A mascot trio with one that can fuse with the other two
Yet more uninspired Yugioh dragons with rehashed abilities, this time not even with any cosmological significance. "Truth" and "Ideals" are terrible concepts for Pokemon and ones which Zekrom and Reshiram completely fail to embody. Not to mention that Taoism is an asian concept while Unova is meant to be New York.

>A quartet of quadruped fighting types
Based on the Three Musketeers, but as goats with Mega Man shoes. This is bad design in its purest form. Not to mention that the Musketeers are French while Unova is meant to be New York.

>and a trio with a humanoid and beast form
Literally copy/paste jobs with sub-Lake Trio designs. Not to mention that they're based on Japanese gods while Unova is meant to be New York.

Gen 4 is garbage but let's not pretend gen 5's legends are anything but an utter abortion.
>>
>>32347641

>Yin and Yang = Yu-Gi-Oh

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32347641
>Not to mention that Taoism is an asian concept while Unova is meant to be New York.
>Not to mention that the Musketeers are French while Unova is meant to be New York.
>Not to mention that they're based on Japanese gods while Unova is meant to be New York.
Does it matter?
>Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are Norse but Kalos is France
>>
>>32347641
>"Truth" and "Ideals" are terrible concepts for Pokemon and ones which Zekrom and Reshiram completely fail to embody
I think that they weren't really supposed to embody them, because they were the result of the brothers who separated them. If you look at the Pokedex entries the two don't represent truth and ideals, but they instead search for people that do. They represent yin and yang, which was done pretty well.

In contrast to Gen 4's Time and Space. Truth and Ideals was the theme in the entire game rather than just the theme of the legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>32347448
Heatran also has its sidequest.

>>32347502
>>32347615
These

>>32347485
Not when half of them are mythical and therefore, not found during actual gameplay.

>>32347550
Genwunners' dick sucking, that's the reason.

>>32347599
Yes, Gen 5 legendaries have their merits but most Gen 4 legendaries are better both in design and playability, so fuck off.

>>32347599
The garbage is where you shoud come back to cause that's where you and your opinion belong.

>>32347657
He's retarded. Don't mind him.
>>
>>32347485
>Not when half of them are mythical and therefore, not found during actual gameplay.
I meant to reply to this: >>32347555
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.