[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8th generation main change is that now you can have seven Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

8th generation main change is that now you can have seven Pokemon in the team.

How would the metagame change?
>>
>>32347133
You're still only allowed to choose 4 in VGC so who cares?
>>
>>32347188
>VGC
>>
>>32347188
Because there's no way that seven Pokemon slots will give VGC players more variety in the Pokemon they can choose for their battles or anything like that.
>>
I feel like it would help stall above anything else.
>>
Zoroark becomes slightly better
LO sweepers become slightly worse
Volt-turn is happy
>>
>>32347133
>still not enough for an all eeveelution team
Who cares
>>
>>32347133
Games are essentially as long as a pokemon's health bar. You can lengthen a pokemon's health bar through recovery or minimizing damage. Seven health bars to switch from will mean that games in general will last a lot longer. Teams can prepare for more switchins, making normal and super-effective hits even less common. With defense buffed so hard, people may end up compensating by using more wallbreakers, but then it would be easier to make an "air-tight" team that cannot be broken as long as predictions are good.

Balance, Stall, and Semi-Staill would be a lot easier to play, what with more health bars to juggle between and spread the incoming damage as thin as you can. Having played stall for a while, I can say that having an extra wall or a backup defogger would open up a lot of possibilities.

Hazards in general would probably mean less as well. With seven pokemon, you can squeeze a defog or rapid-spin man onto any team. Hyper-Offense would suffer in particular because with hazards meaning less and teams being able to prepare for more varied threats, damage flow in general would go a lot slower. You'd have to rely on outwitting your opponent and playing unpredictable in order to accomplish anything.

The consequence would be that PP stall would be more difficult. More pokemon to a team means more PP, and in those PP, there's more likely to be a move that can potentially break the wall.

The main thing is that there's a finite amount of resources invested in each pokemon. With more resources available, strategies that take advantage of these resources (Balance, Stall, Semistall) would flourish, while strategies that take advantage of limitations (PP stall, hyper-offense) would weaken.

tldr; A seventh pokemon would buff defense the most and make games a lot longer.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.