[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TCG/PTCGO General: Shitty Quads Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 61

File: shittyquadsmachgx.jpg (239KB, 791x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shittyquadsmachgx.jpg
239KB, 791x1080px
New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/AK9ZJksJ

TL:DR:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/
>https://pkmncards.com/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Trading companies will typically overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>ask for emails and send em individually
>Post your pulls unless you're a jew

Old: >>32316302
TotT: Whats better: Machamp GX or Kommo-o GX?
>>
First for Sylveon GX
>>
>>32334463
I heard that it's really good, is it?
It won tournaments in Japan, right?
>>
Should I play Volcanion, or it is just that boring?
>>
>>32334482
yeah, it's like a super talonflame that also searches itself as long as you have an eevee and fairy energy.

I'm going to trade for some Mawile/Mega Mawile when this card comes out and try a sylveon/victini/mawile deck. Prayer GX is a good way to absolutely fuck decks that depend on elixirs for energy acceleration.
>>
>go to B&N
>they're sold out of anything but boxes
>fuck it, get a second Lycanroc
>the promo is all bent where it was in the box

Why does TPCi do this?
>>
File: volcanion-ex-steam-siege-sts-26.jpg (960KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
volcanion-ex-steam-siege-sts-26.jpg
960KB, 700x990px
>>32334563
It's not boring once your get two Volcanion charged and equipped with Float Stones. Once you do that, you're firing off 130+ damage every turn.
>>
>>32335292

Because the way they package those promos are relatively secure but also a pain in the ass to remove without damaging them
>>
>>32335304
>boxes that are 3/4s packaging that destroy cards

There has to be a better way
>>
Can you review this quick deck I made
Its the new Blissey in Guardian Rising andthe eeveelutions that changes the type of Stage ! mons:

Blissey/Eeveelutions

Pokemon
4 x Chansey
4 x Blissey
1 x Shaymin EX
1 x Tapu Lele GX
2 x Eevee
1 x Vaporeon
1 x Flareon
1 x Jolteon
1 x Comfey
2 x Cutiefly
2 x Ribombee

Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Colress
1 x N
3 x Protection Cube
1 x Choice Band
4 x Fairy Drop
3 x Fairy Garden
3 x VS Seeker
1 x Devolution Spray
2 x Float Stone
3 x Level Ball
4 x Ultra Ball
1 x Super Rod

Energy
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
4 x Fairy Energy - Basic
>>
Got my second HoopaEX (N is in sight!). And I was hoping to make a deck with them, but don't really have more than one of any ex cards that would be good mains. Any advice?
>>
>>32335162
Nice, any list of it?
>>
a deck should have how much energy/special usually?
>>
File: 1094120.jpg (35KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
1094120.jpg
35KB, 324x450px
Need help to build this deck in stardard, I loved this deck in the las rotation, but without battle compressor can't find a way to make it work, any ideas
>>
>>32335744
Pretty much just try to get more packs/ex cards.
Alakazam Gengar is fun. I think the deck only uses 1 hoopa. It's relatively budget compared to mewtwo.
I recently got reverse versions of the gengar line so i can donate my regular gengar line to you if you want just post your username.
>>
>>32335811
Youll lose interest once you face a volcanion deck.
>>
>>32335796
Just read the special energy description. If it is something you want, add it. If you have shaymemes/orangurus I'd avoid just because you can't attach specials to stuff that isn't their type.
>>
>>32335814
Okay, that would be great, thanks. Ingame name is teabiskuit :^).
>>
>>32335839
sent :^)
>>
File: Sylveon-GX.png (619KB, 490x684px) Image search: [Google]
Sylveon-GX.png
619KB, 490x684px
>>32335769
http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/2017/20170224_000634.html#top8_a

translated:
Pokemon
4 Eevee
3 Sylveon GX

Trainers
4 vs seeker
4 max potion
4 puzzle of time
2 enhanced hammer
1 pal pad
1 startling megaphone
1 head ringer
1 captivating pokepuff
1 target whistle
2 Rockets Handiwork
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 N
4 Team Flare Grunt
2 Lysandre
1 Xerosic
3 Delinquent
4 Silent Lab
2 Parallel City

Energy
14 basic fairy
>>
>>32335964
How the absolute fuck is this clusterfuck of a deck supposed to work? Search Delinquents and stall out for 4 turns before attacking? And half of those cards are rotated in the meta that matters.
>>
>>32335822
I just want help, I'm not looking to win a major, just have fun
>>
>>32335980
Japan's standart is almost our expanded.
>>
How are you ladies going with your N progress? i just got the 1400point coin prize
>>
>How the absolute fuck is this clusterfuck of a deck supposed to work
Like Lapras/Hammers but more consistent.
>>
>>32336005
>he hasn't already got the N
casuals i swear...
>>
>>32335997
Which makes even less sense, since how does it even touch Owls or Trev? Seems like it relies on having turn after turn of disruption before the opponent runs out of options and it can just attack, but that seems way too inconsistent, especially against any form of lock.
>>
>>32336009
I already have a tradable N, but i have limited time to win 200 games
>>
>>32336022
>tradable N
>>
File: 616nields_01.jpg (185KB, 892x491px) Image search: [Google]
616nields_01.jpg
185KB, 892x491px
>>32336029
Pulled it myself because i live life on the edge
>>
>>32335980
Pretty straightforward resource denial. Ise Sylveons first attack to pull exactly what you need each turn to hamper your opponent while you build to the 2HKO attacks. If they do manage to get something set up, force it to the bench and push it all back to their hand.

>And half of those cards are rotated in the meta that matters.
Its the top 8 japanese list the other anon was asking for. So different format and meta.
>>
>>32336005
2 wins behind you. That will be my stopping point tonight.
>>
>>32335162
Dragons blown the fuck out
That and Rainbow Force will be the top decks after rotation. I even stacked 15 xerneas to sell for double the price.
>>
>>32336036
Nvm, you're a cool dude anon. I hope you get all the best pulls in the future too.
>>
>Playing Darkrai/Solgaleo some more
>Matched against Dragon's Wish Darkrai
I've never seen so much energy
>>
>>32336096
No, the best new deck will be Trev, Lurantis spam or Turt, with Koko a little behind. Lele also buffs Owls and Darkrai.
>>
>>32336115
> after rotation
>>
>>32336119
Even after rotation, Rainbow Force has no place without Sky Field and has no Shaymin to get anything set up. Post rotation really just looks like a haven for Lapras toolbox, Lurantis, Volcanion/Turt and Darkrai/Dark Head Darkrai.
>>
>>32336130
You dont need skyfield to swing 230 and only solgaleo is that bulky.
>>
>>32336139
Good luck setting up without it or Shaymin.
>>
Aqua Patch Primarina boy oh boy.
>>
File: list.jpg (226KB, 931x580px) Image search: [Google]
list.jpg
226KB, 931x580px
>>32336140
You dont need, pic related is what i run and "only" countered by item lock and mewtwo both dying later. Building around shay and volcanion is innefective.
>>
will cheat engine speed online battles too? like the animations of cards not your opponent thinking.
>>
>>32336200
That deck looks horrendous. So many ways to brick.
>>
File: 1475290628296.png (99KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1475290628296.png
99KB, 612x491px
Whats a post rotation Trev, Lurantis deck list look like? Also where is the info on these new cards ive been hearing about like in the OP pic?
>>
File: image.png (528KB, 533x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
528KB, 533x480px
Nice
>>
I remember playing this when Mewtwo EX cam out and was bullshit for years

Was there a power creep again? These new gimmick cards look like it
>>
>>32336429
Embrace the creep.
>>
>How are things at your LGS?
>Have you taught anyone to play recently?
>Any cards you want for your collection from SM2/Guardians?
>What is your current meme/FUN deck?
>What is your current meta/TRY HARD deck?
>do you play any other card games or online games like Hearthstone, Shadowverse, and so on?
>>
>>32336573
>>How are things at your LGS?
A large migration is happening from MtG to Pokemon.
>>Have you taught anyone to play recently?
No, but two or three people are learning ever Tuesday (league) and Wednesday (standard tourney)
>>Any cards you want for your collection from SM2/Guardians?
The one made of yarn, forget the name.
>>What is your current meme/FUN deck?
Noctowl
>>What is your current meta/TRY HARD deck?
Raikou, but it's tier 2 at best. Still wins the Wed tourneys.
>>do you play any other card games or online games like Hearthstone, Shadowverse, and so on?
MtG draft on Tuesday, psyched for Amonkhet, it's either the best set since Mirrodin or the worst since Kamigawa.
>>
File: 1489547570973.jpg (381KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
1489547570973.jpg
381KB, 500x698px
>>32336573
Pretty nice lately. I don't see this one bastard that I hate anymore, so that makes it better.
No, but I correct people on small stuff that they either didn't know or were doing wrong all the time.
So many. Lele, the ability A-Ninetales and the GX, Aqua Patch, Field Blower, Turtonator GX, etc. Probably more I'm forgetting. I'm excited, the set looks great.
The closest I have to that would be Volcanion.
Darkrai Turbo.
>do you play any other card games or online games like Hearthstone, Shadowverse, and so on?
I used to play Yugioh, but that game has turned to shit, even more than it already was. I quit right after Link Monsters were announced.
>>
File: 1491766642373.jpg (309KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491766642373.jpg
309KB, 768x768px
>>32334460
Good. I work at mine.
Yup, had some new kids at League.
Lele and Sylveon are the big ones.
Quad Lap
Owlplume
>>do you play any other card games or online games like Hearthstone, Shadowverse, and so on?
Right now just Final Fantasy TCG.
>>
File: 1483477968757.png (144KB, 431x319px) Image search: [Google]
1483477968757.png
144KB, 431x319px
>>32336573
Don't have one. Australia is shit for pokemon. If you don't play magic you don't play
Going to teach a friend so he can come to the guardians pre-release
Full art metagross GX
>Having fun
Volcanion
Nope
>>
>>32336573
Don't play the pauper game.
I had two friends start to play PTCGO, but they learned themselves.
None
Greninja BREAK. I haven't given up.
Lurantis-GX in expanded.
Mostly Magic the Gathering.
>>
>>32336573

Fine though it's mostly kids, A majority of the good adult players only show up for league challenges, the lead up to league challenges and big challenges and pre releases.

My little sister because she was forced to come along with me to the LGS recently

Tapu Lele for one, also looking foward to the tool and stadium removal

Probably slowking malamar mill, trying to build a houndoom/Gumshoos Gx

Solgaleo/Lurantis and Greninja Break

Hearthstone
>>
So I bought the fucking Incineroar deck and have next 500 tokens to spend. I'm playing mainly theme but want to jump into standard with something budget - a second Incineroar deck would be useful? Or should I stick to theme and buy a Primarina one?
>>
>>32337071
With a second one you can have a playset of Passimian and start to build that budget deck. My friend uses it with Mew and it's good. Not great but viable.
>>
>>32336605
baby ninetales will be in SM3, not 2.
>>
>>32336573
It's going alright. Only joined up in December as a player but now I help out the league owner. We are hoping to run pre release tourney for SM3.
Yes, both friends and kids at the league.
Sylveon-GX for a Fairy deck and Tapu Koko-GX for a Elecdeck.
Primarina and soon to be Lapras water deck.
Nothing cause I'm not going to spend money for shaymemes.
Hearthstone for sure. I base the rarity system for pokemon on Hearthstone to help out with my trades at the LGS. (Rare=Rare, Holo-Rare=Epic, EX/GX=Legendary)
>>
>>32337071
Don't buy more than one themedeck for the purpose of playing in theme. Only buy themedecks after the first one for playsets of cards you need.
>>
File: 1446567348662.jpg (17KB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
1446567348662.jpg
17KB, 200x254px
I'm fairly new to PTCG (only been playing for a week or so) but my friend reccomended me this Vespiquen deck and I've been slowly building it. How long is this deck going to stay relevant? I know nothing about deck building and I've already spent a decent amount of money on it.

POKEMON

Combee - 4 [X]
Vespiquen - 4 [X]
Zorua - 2
Zoroark - 2
Blitzle - 2 [X]
Zebstrika - 2 [X]
Unown - 4 [X]
Klefki - 2 [X]
Oranguru - 1 [X]
Eevee - 1 [X]
Vaporeon - 1 [X]
Taurus GX - 1

TRAINER

VS Seeker - 4
Acro Bike - 4
Ultra Ball - 4 [X]
Float Stone - 2
Special Charge - 2 [X]
Buddy Buddy Rescue - 1
Revitalizer - 1
Sycamore - 4
Forest of Giant Plants - 2 [X]
N - 2
Lysandre - 2

ENERGY

Double Colorless - 4 [X]
There's no Shaymin in there because I can't afford any.
>>
File: pokeman.png (969KB, 1300x892px) Image search: [Google]
pokeman.png
969KB, 1300x892px
What deck should I use boys?
>>
>>32337414
>How long is this deck going to stay relevant?
It is already kind of fading from relevancy. Vespiquen has always had a high skill cap since you needed to use so many resources to reach OHKO levels on 180HP EXs. It has Klefki to help keep the prize trade in your favour versus Mega decks, but now as more and more decks have 250HP GX cards, Vespiquen is dropping down the tiers.

You can still hit hard and fast and stay on the right side of the prize trade, but it's becoming even harder to play and is going to need much tweaking as GX deck become more and more popular. Perhaps some kind of Vespiquen/Golispod deck might become a thing when that card drops.
>>
>>32337579
All of them, fill those bars up
>>
WTF deck can I build that's not trash without Shaymin? I feel like I can't play anything but theme decks until I get some :(
>>
>>32337691

just keep playing theme deck challenges and theme deck tournaments until you have cards + your house for a playset of Shaymemes.
>>
>>32337691
Shaymeme make decks better, but don't fall for the trash meme. You're not playing worlds, the ladder is full of children and other less than competitive decks. Just fucking do it already.
>>
>>32337738
I've got a bunch of packs from autistically buying collections on eBay. Around 40-50 evolutions and furious fists packs, then handfuls of others. ~only 10 roaring skies :( Are there any worthwhile decks to try and make without Shaymin?
>>
>>32338044
Mk I'll give it a go. I didn't know how competitive it is lol.
>>
>>32337414
vespiquen without shaymin is fucking garbage btw.
>>
>>32338115
should elaborate on that by saying there are other decks that manage better without shaymin. Vespiquen is a deck that needs a lot of shit to come together pretty quickly to start flowing so you can't reliably run it without shaymin.

typically, water decks are the best things to run without shaymins since they have dive ball + octillery which is a tolerable substitute.
>>
decided to revisit tcg after seeing a couple packs on sale for easter. nothing good (holo machamp from evolutions, maybe).

anyway, i found my way into my trainer account and there seems to be a bunch of random cards in it? like some thundurus full art and an articuno with a "plus" thing on it (extra prize card when knocked out?). and some of them are shown in the collection, but have locks and a number next to them? i also started with 400 and some odd token things.
so i guess i'm kinda wondering- what am i looking at? i can provide pictures if they would help.
>>
>>32338348
the articuno is from roaring skies, idk where thudurus came from, probably a loyalty rewar d or something.

Locks represent no-trade cards. Basically the system is set up so only packs obtained from challenges at high levels, tournaments and redeemed from RL product codes can be traded. Packs granted from log-in rewards, bonus wheel and token purchases, and any cards obtained from them are non-tradable.
>>
>>32338089
it's really not competitive at all. because of how the match-making system works it is quite difficult to fall below a 50% win rate as mathematically impossible as that sounds.

Just build what you can and start the long climb to your first Shaymin. It'll be worth it just to get the fuck out of theme more quickly.
>>
>>32338487
it's also preferable to play a slightly janky non-theme deck in standard than it is to play a theme deck since games play out much faster in standard.

theme is a janky retard slapfight format.
>>
>>32337312
I was told here a while ago that our SM2 will be a combination of Japan's SM2 and the SM2+ set.
>>
>>32338578

Well whoever told you didn't pay attention since the announcement for Guardians Rising specifically mentioned cards from SM1+
>>
>>32338578
No, our SM2 is most likely their SM1+ and SM2. Our SM3 will be their SM2+ and SM3.

Granted we don't have a set list for the international product yet, but the set would be rather large if it included SM1+, SM2 and SM2+.
>>
5ban killed the game
>>
>>32338673
You mean you don't like cluttered, busy, super close-up artwork with tacky special effects covering most of the character?
>>
>>32338745
>meme foreign language characters

never got this shit, it's super annoying that every single mega has its attack written in the art.
>>
>>32337691
Octillery
>>
File: ToxapexGXStrengthExpansionPack26.jpg (241KB, 748x1044px) Image search: [Google]
ToxapexGXStrengthExpansionPack26.jpg
241KB, 748x1044px
>Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 10 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.
>"switch out or die"
This seems fun
>>
File: tauros-gx-sun-moon-100.jpg (949KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
tauros-gx-sun-moon-100.jpg
949KB, 700x990px
>>32338745
I just think their CG looks weird
>chrome horns
>>
>>32338885
eh, it'll end up being shitty, I guarantee it. There are too many cards devoted to switching that literally every deck runs multiples of, escape ropes, float stones, plain old switch, olympia, ect.

Expanded's even worse for that card with Keldeo. You'll just end up doing 100 damage for 3P which is abysmal compared to much more consistent stage 1 cards like Espeon and Mewtwo.
>>
got two packs of roaring skies for ptcgo, guess i'll open them and get absolutely nothing.
>>
File: HazorettheFervent.png (186KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
HazorettheFervent.png
186KB, 265x370px
>>32338673
>>32338745
>>32338889
>>32338833

If you think this shit's tacky, just be glad you don't play Magic.
>>
>>32338997

So those any reprints that appeared in the subset are not Standard legal right?
>>
>>32338997
>hazoret the pervert
>>
>>32339010
They aren't Standard legal, they're just a desperate gimmick to get people to buy their shitty underpowered new sets in bulk.

>>32339018
When it was pointed out to the lead designer (on his Tumblr, because of course he has one) that these cards are fucking illegible, his response was something to the effect of "that means we did our job right :)"
>>
>>32338997
This is a God now? Jesus christ, I know Theros Gods were strong, but you didn't have to reverse power creep this hard.
>>
>>32339037
>our job is to fill our sets with ugly ass illegible to the point that they are LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE cards that hypothetically might have collector's value instead of designing actually good cards

I thought Amonkhet was supposedly a good new set though
>>
>>32338493
I was looking at Lapras GX toolbox decks, seem cool and not too hard to build
>>
>>32339110
stop calling shit toolboxes, i hate how every new player assembles some janky ass shit then calls it a toolbox.

lapras isn't a toolbox either, it's a water box, dubbed as such because it uses a lot of exclusive water support options like manaphy, palkia, dive balls and soon aqua patch. toolbox decks are usually stuff that contains some obnoxious lock like garbodor or vileplume then a variety of cards designed to lock every different deck out of its ability to play the game (ie vileplume/jolteon/glaceon).
>>
>>32337316
>Don't buy more than one themedeck for the purpose of playing in theme
I know. That's why I asked if two Incineroar decks would be a good start for budget standard. If not I'm gonna buy a Primarina deck and still farm versus theme
>>
>>32339361
That not what a tool box. Tool box is a deck that has the answer for anything

Lapras is a Water Box because its a Water TOOL Box
>>
>>32339361
I mean I looked at decklists and that was the name of the deck....As a new player with no formal deckbuilding or meta knowledge I sincerely apologize for my discrepancy.

>REEEEEEEE LABELS TRIGGERED
>>
>>32338997
Well the whole point of these cards is to be tacky, so it works.
All of them are avaiable in regular border, something EX and GX aren't.
>>
>>32339037
>Desperate gimmick
I'm sure you know the whole "hundred dollars bills in packs" saying and you're proving it's true.
Amonkhet is not out yet, let's wait before calling it shit.
>Fucking Illegible
The idea is good, but I think the border is worse than th text. It takes 0,4 seconds to realize their names are in english.
>>32339058
See the comment about the dollar bill in the packs. They don't change anything of what the set is except for being an extra that happens once in a while.
>>
>>32339361
Where the fuck do you think the "box" part of "Water Box" comes from? Like >>32339605 said.
>>
File: cedricjuniper.jpg (85KB, 429x599px) Image search: [Google]
cedricjuniper.jpg
85KB, 429x599px
Is this playable online? What happens?

And will we ever get any more "fun" cards?
>>
Traded a vs seeker for a scoop up cyclone.
>>
Why is this game packed full of slow fucking retards?
>>
>>32340198
free to play
>>
>>32340178
It is, it gives you 4 potential answers and you have to pick one. Think the latest batch of "fun" cards are Imakuni? and Illima.
>>
>>32340198
I like to play when I am on the train. Gets mighty slow.
>>
>>32340249
>Imakuni? and Illima
Imakuni is unplayable and Illima is the same

Thanks for letting me know
>>
>>32340415
>Not using the Literally Legendary Imakuni? + Machamp-EX combo
>>
>>32340458
>Thinks a coin flip is better than Ariados
You know machamp gets rid of the confusion *after* the attack hits, right?
>>
>>32340548
Yes, I'm aware, I was just shitposting. But that's the only situation I can think of where a self-confuse might be useful, and even then there are superior options.
>>
>>32340178
Do you really like this stuff, anon? I think these effects are so inelegant. Imakuni?, even if it can be classified as "fun", is still an usual effect.

A quiz is something totally out of scope, the outcome is decided based on something that otherwise is irrelevant to the game. (I have this small rant since the Blaine's Quiz cards debuted...)
>>
>>32340576
Well, yeah, in that case, I have to admit there are almost no situation where it would be useful.

You could use it to get cured of paralysis instead of any of the other cards that do that with no drawback...
>>
>>32340198
People like to think their moves, I think its fine sometimes but a lot of the time people take forever like theyre almost waiting for the counter timer to pop up and then they make their move where theyre half expecting you to just rage quit.

Most of the time im not sure why, its not that hard to think on the move as things happen. If you knw whats in your deck you can tell what is prized unless youre a noob. Use cards to draw more and get something going. They should be planning their moved during the opponents turn. I saw some of yellowswellows videos and that fat fuck takes so god dam long. You know what deck youre running and the effects/attacks the pokemon have and what the item+supporter cards do. Theres no need to drag the game to a grinding halt.

I did rage quit recently in the theme tournament final for tickets, didnt matter if I got 1 more ticket but I wasnt gonna wait for that idiot to make his move after 2 rounds.
>>
>>32340739
Not gonna lie, I've had times where I've literally asleep in the middle of a game and was woken up by the timer
>>
>>32340825
Fallen asleep that is. Seems I'm still half asleep now
>>
>>32339994
Hard to read is not the same as illegible. And you don't need to read the cards all the time. After you know what they do, the text can be ignored. If anything, it will be more of a problem to your opponents.
>>
>>32340739
My boyfriend does that when he plays online. He gets nervous because he knows there is a timer and ends up taking longer that he does IRL.

I know there are some jerks that do that on purpose, but that's not everybody.
>>
File: en_N5j6uXu3CF.png (199KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_N5j6uXu3CF.png
199KB, 265x370px
>>32339037
>shitty underpowered new set
This is the best fucking set since Mirrodin.
>>
File: fuck.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Why does this keep happening?
>>
>>32342168
because you can't attack in the first turn
>>
>>32342168
Hi! Few things to start off with =] 1. Yes I replied to you because you're a female Pokéfan, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen =D.
>>
>>32342168
When you attach electric energy, the Pokémon gets stunned.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
How do I get a fourth deck so I can get 4 stars for one trainer, and then get the boosters?
>>
>>32342910
Read the OP.
>>
>>32335980
That would be implying most people actually play the tcg IRL and don't just collect binders of cards as a hobby or for fun. Or to hoard rares and sell them at markup later on because of autistic 100% collection faggots.
>>
File: fyFxr5QhVB3B.jpg (41KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
fyFxr5QhVB3B.jpg
41KB, 373x521px
Why do these cards exist? I google search for real cards on images to see what they do, and see shit like this at 5-6, I don't get how they even get up that far, or how somebody can have such little understanding of the cards.

>>32335964
>14 fairy energy
>4 max potions in a deck reliant on attaching 3 energies
>no shaymin/octillery/anything
>no alternative attacker
>4-3 line of your only attacker
>No sycamore, 1 N
>most of the deck isn't in standard
>random mill cards
>pokepuff in something other than lucario meme
>2 Parallels with a different main stadium
Once you fix these issues, the deck needs a decent few staples such as ultra ball, probably acro bike and trainer's mail
>>
>>32343141
Anon, I'd say these are made by kids. But I also don't understand why the hell google consider this stuff relevant...
>>
>>32343141
Don't search them on google: pkmncards.com

You're welcome.
>>
>>32343391
>pkmncards.com
I know stuff like this exists but I'd rather just google it, I get what I want quickly enough
>>
>>32343085
I know how to play but only do it on the TCGO.

The real life cards I just keep in a binder.
>>
>>32342168
Hes not proud of its power.
>>
>>32343141
>Mega Machamp EX
>Does not tell you to take 2 prizes
>Don't need no Spirit Link
>Is a Pokémon prime
>Simple 200 for 4 energy which can easily be supplied
>Fair HP

We need this. Machamp needs this kind of respect.
>>
>jank solgaleo deck with ferrothorn
>Enemy well played spams me after I use solgaleos GX
>Then proceeds to waste as much time per turn as possible
Why
>>
>>32343639
It's far more balanced card than the vast majority of fakemons. It's actually sub-par for a mega and probably even stage 1 GXs.

Its weakness and resistances bug me, but I can't get over Shaymin EX's electric weakness either.
>>
File: 492-s.png (5KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
492-s.png
5KB, 120x120px
>>32343726
>but I can't get over Shaymin EX's electric weakness either
I think they saw that Sky Forme is Grass/Flying and assumed it would be weak to Electric, even though the Grass typing neutralizes it. If anything, Shaymin EX should be weak to Fire.
>>
>>32343748
Yeah, I realise that they saw it as being mostly a flying-type (hence "Sky") and that the TCG is its own game and doesn't have to follow any of the VG's mechanics, it just feels weird that it has so many weaknesses in the VG and they chose one it doesn't have.
>>
how many sets SM will have?
>>
>>32344036
We literally have no way of knowing that, but my estimate would be at the absolute least 10 sets. BW had 12 sets, and XY had 15.
>>
File: tauros.png (1MB, 1277x701px) Image search: [Google]
tauros.png
1MB, 1277x701px
Always pulling the best cards from free packs
>>
>>32344052

so I will start saving coins, if only they were fair enough to drop coins more fair for winning
>>
>>32336009
Why would I rush to get N when I can easily complete it while getting my daily coin bonuses.
>>
>>32343085
I thought I was UNIQUEEEE
>>
>>32344052
I hope to Jesus that the retarded number of secret rares isn't a thing for the whole SM series
>>
>>32343726
There are worse things
>fighting mons weak to grass even if resistant to bug
>blastoise suddenly weak to grass instead of lighting
>dragons hurt nobody for weakness despite being worse colress, will disappear without DD, could be better back to colress
>>
>>32343141
you don't understand the deck, clearly. Or even the post for that matter. Some anon asked for the Sylveon-GX deck that finished Top 8 in Japan recently, there it is.
>>
>>32344861
Of course they will and my prediction for Guardians Rising is that they will include 15 Hyper Rares and 9 Secret Rares for the set. HR/SR share the same pull rate so if you buy a booster box there could be a chance you pull one HR or SR. Or none if you got an unlucky box. :(
>>
>>32344967

It is "only" 12 Hyper Rares, you are thinking of the 15 regular Full Art Rares (12 Pokemon GX + 3 Supporters) which the pull rates seems to be lowered a bit with the introduction of Hyper Rares
>>
>>32344984
Decidueye-GX, Incineroar-GX and Primarina-GX will be included in Guardians Rising as FA and HR cards.
>>
File: 1710957-volkner_raichu.0.png (478KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1710957-volkner_raichu.0.png
478KB, 1280x720px
>>32345006
that annoys me. i know when i buy my boxes ima get those two pieces of shit in them.
>>
>>32344967
>15 Hyper Rares and 9 Secret Rares for the set.
>maybe 1 of them per box
Artificially creating valuable sets like this is cancer.
>>
>>32345043
As opposed to creating worthless sets like Fates and Evolution that clog up shelves because no one would ever sink money on their physical product.
>>
>>32345006

We might actually not get those IFF the following comes with actual Full Arts as promos, we will find out soon enough when Prerelease hits next week

http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/02/decidueye-gx-incineroar-gx-primarina-gx-premium-collections-in-june

>>32345053

>Evolutions
>Clog up shelves

You underestimate the power of suckering people with MUH NOSTALGIA and ZOMG CHARIZARD
>>
>>32345043
Yeah it's really bad. I remember one anon here noting down what he pulled from buying 3 cases of Sun and Moon. (18 booster boxes)

" 0-1 Hyper Rare/Secret Rares in each box. In all 18 boxes only 10 were Hyper Rares and 6 Secret Rares. One of the three cases had one HR/SR in every booster box while the other two cases had 1 booster box that had none."
>>
>>32345053
The real thing to compare is roaring skies. That set is valuable because the cards are good, fates had a similar rarity of cards but it was worthless because the cards weren't good. Guardians rising set value is artificially inflated by having a so many cards - good or not - that they just don't print. It's like them saying there is 1 card in the set that they won't tell anyone what it is or what it does but will only print 1 ever, then it turns out to be something as ratshit as frog hop venusaur ex
>>
>>32345065
But those are promos anon. I am sure they will use different art and will include the black star promo logo at the bottom. Much like they did for the Red and Blue Collections for the starters and Pikachu in Generations.
>>
>>32345083
I personally bought a case too. I got 2 hyper rares and a secret rare metal energy
>>
>>32345130
Ouch. Was it worth it anon?
I'm seriously considering buying a case for Guardians Rising but that $550 price tag. I dunno...
>>
>>32345143
It was not in the least worth it. I decided after that if the rest of the sets go that way I'm only going to buy the secret rares singles and not bother with the rest of the set
>>
>>32345179
Yeah. One Booster box seems fine, then singles...reasonably priced singles. HR/SR are still a bit too much for me.
>>
File: HRtittymonster.png (61KB, 180x224px) Image search: [Google]
HRtittymonster.png
61KB, 180x224px
>>
File: lol.jpg (8KB, 213x121px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
8KB, 213x121px
>>
File: XY8_EN_151.png (124KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY8_EN_151.png
124KB, 245x342px
What is the best card to get back the special energy from discard?
>>
I'm gay
>>
File: seaking.png (627KB, 898x676px) Image search: [Google]
seaking.png
627KB, 898x676px
Seaking is a fucking beast.
>>
shrek is love fuckers!
>>
>>32345243
Special Charge and Puzzle of Time are kind of the only ones. Carbink BREAK too I guess, but that's an attack.
>>
shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love shrek is love fuckers! shrek is love fuckers!shrek is love fuckers!
>>
File: rotate mee.jpg (20KB, 196x24px) Image search: [Google]
rotate mee.jpg
20KB, 196x24px
>>
have fun nerds
P99-PGJP-6BN-BX6
>>
File: dapull.png (854KB, 1016x494px) Image search: [Google]
dapull.png
854KB, 1016x494px
>>32345418
Woop, thanks anon.
>>
File: thanks.png (1014KB, 1274x696px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
1014KB, 1274x696px
>>32345420
Thanks
>>
>>32336200
How can I make a list-screen like this? Is there any prewiev option?
>>
File: a list.png (583KB, 933x458px) Image search: [Google]
a list.png
583KB, 933x458px
>>32345454
Welp, I found it.

Is there any cheap way to improve this piece of shit? Actually I was lucky enough to win 3 of 4 games I have played but I know it was just a luck. Don't really like Sycamore - is there any good draw to change him?
>>
>>32338673
5ban is pretty good nowadays, i think.
>>
>>32345471
Learn to like Sycamore. Add two N. Choose whether you want to build your deck around Passimian, Palossand, or Incineroar, not all three at once.
>>
>>32345471
Yeah don't use so much special energy. Just take out anything that isn't passimian add revives and call it a day
>>
>>32345471
incineroar and pallosand are shitmons. What you should do with this deck is focus 100% on passimian's team play attack.

Get 4 of the Mew from Fates Collide with 0 retreat cost, use only 4 DCE for energy, then get swarm deck cards like puzzle of time, buddy buddy rescue, teammates, a few sky field, ect. Get 4 nest balls, an Oranguru or two wouldn't hurt either. Ultras aren't very useful in this deck due to a lack of shaymemes, the ultras synergize with shaymin so well because you discard the 2 least useful cards, and your ultra so Shaymin gets at least 3 more cards than it otherwise would have.
>>
>>32345664
also the only quasi-substitute for sycamore is N, but it has the issue of drawing less cards as the game goes on in, though it does constantly disrupt your opponent's hand.
>>
File: team.png (610KB, 860x507px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
610KB, 860x507px
>>32345664
>>32345645
Something like pic related? I left 4 spec energy because fling was pretty helpful in some cases but will drop them if there is something more useful
>>
Okay I still don't understand. I have unlocked the Mental Might and the Rallying Cry decks, but they don't show up in the "decks" for the trainer challenges.

If I only get one star each for beating a trainer with a theme deck, and I only have three decks, how do I get four stars?
>>
>>32345965
By buying a theme deck in store
>>
So is there a full list of cards from Guardians Rising yet?
>>
>>32345965
Mental Might and Rallying Cry can't be used in the trainer challenges for some arbitrary reason. You have to buy a 500 token theme deck from the shop.
>>
Having no more cards results in an instant lose. Instead of losing one card from your prize pool per turn.

Well, I'm done with this game.
>>
>>32345805
Drop fan clubs and get bridget instead. Only use one Bridget. Drop the max revives and just add more revives. Add some nest balls and acro bike. Get trainers mail and 2 more vs seekers ASAP. Drop the 4th mew. Less skylas. Get 1 escape rope and two switches. Way too many supporters in general. Remember you can only play one supporter a turn. Too many will lead to bricked hands.
>>
>>32345999
not the english set list, but there are lists from sm2/sm1+ on pokebeach and there's a 99% probability guardians is just those sets wrapped up together

>>32346185
uh no shit? why would you lose prize cards from your prize pool?

the deck out loss condition is the only thing that stops people from blindly sycamoring through their deck and even then, lategame Ns can be used to restore your decksize and draw the game out a few extra turns.
>>
>that full art Karen

all right

my dick can handle no more
>>
File: skyla fa.jpg (310KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
skyla fa.jpg
310KB, 324x450px
>>32346411
ptcg has the best girls

it is known.
>>
>>32346420
>skyla

That's not bridgette or teammates.
>>
>>32342910
>>32345965
I don't understand. Back in my day you used to get 6 decks when starting (I have the three unova starters decks)

and I'm pretty sure a hell lot of other people got the XY starters decks as well. It's really weird.
>>
>>32346185
Is that such a big deal? It could be like you said, but it would be just different.

Right now, the game has so many other issues than that.

>There is no limit to the number of EX/GX per deck. If you are not playing for some specific meme (Rainbow Road, Night March, Greninja), a deck becomes worthless without an EX/GX attacker, despite there being hundreds of other Pokémon
>Inducing a 7 prize game is possible and has no drawback
>The lack of lost zone combined with cards that search on the discard turns discarding costs into benefits (ultra ball -> vs seeker)
>There is no limit in how many pokémon you bench per turn (which could make cards like Shaymin have some sort of limitation)
>The game encorages fast KOs but has cards with 4 (or even 5) energy attack costs, automatically making most of them unplayable
>Weakness is almost an auto loss for some types, but it stays like that because it is used as a safety net for unbalanced Pokémon.

And then, there are still players who manage to draw their entire deck in 3 turns and find it unfair to lose for decking themselves out.
>>
>>32346507
I love decking out, and Lysandre's Trump card ban was needed.
>>
>>32346507
>There is no limit to the number of EX/GX per deck. If you are not playing for some specific meme (Rainbow Road, Night March, Greninja), a deck becomes worthless without an EX/GX attacker, despite there being hundreds of other Pokémon

Those decks aren't memes. Those are legitimate decks that function well, winning tournaments, and do not attack with 2 prize attackers. There isn't much wrong here, especially given all the benefits that 2 prize attackers have for the format.

>Inducing a 7 prize game is possible and has no drawback

Why should it? It's smart play. There is nothing wrong with this.

>The lack of lost zone combined with cards that search on the discard turns discarding costs into benefits (ultra ball -> vs seeker)

It would be interesting to have a lost zone again, absolutely. Discarding things from your hand/deck being beneficial will always be an important aspect to the game, though, and a lost zone would not effect that greatly since much of it had to do with disruption from the opponent.

>There is no limit in how many pokémon you bench per turn (which could make cards like Shaymin have some sort of limitation)

There shouldn't be. That'd be limiting the design space of cards significantly just to nerf some abilities that don't need nerfing.

>The game encorages fast KOs but has cards with 4 (or even 5) energy attack costs, automatically making most of them unplayable

True, there are a lot of shitty filler cards.

>Weakness is almost an auto loss for some types, but it stays like that because it is used as a safety net for unbalanced Pokémon.

Yea, it makes tournaments more about what you believe will be played and not as skill based it could be. To be fair, metagame prediction is just a different skill. But weakness has been a huge factor in allowing tech cards to make an impact and has been great for the game in that respect.
>>
>>32346576
>Those are legitimate decks (...) There isn't much wrong here, especially given all the benefits that 2 prize attackers have for the format.
What is wrong is not that they are some of the few options of non-EX/GX decks. The game is centered around 2 prize cards because overall they are better. They have more HP than stage 2s, and cause more damage. Even if they cost 2 prizes, it's not an equivalent trade.

Sure, the game would become way slower without them. The thing is that there is no incentive to play anything else.

>It's smart play. There is nothing wrong with this.

It basically allows you to have a 1 prize EX by the end of the game. Yes, it is smart play, but it just makes EXs a bit better than they already are.

>Discarding things from your hand/deck being beneficial will always be an important aspect to the game
I agree. The game needs this kind of mechanic to stay interesting. But when I talk about lost zone, I meant we need an "out of play" zone to account for some undesired side effects. Battle Compressor, for example, is clearly meant to just thin your deck and increase the odds of getting what you need. But being able to reuse cards in the discard pile makes it broken. Even if it discarded only 2, it would still see a lot of play.

If Lysandre's Trump Card went out of play instead of the discard, there would be no way to use it again with VS Seeker.

>That'd be limiting the design space of cards significantly
Well, yeah, limiting putting pokémon on your bench is too much. But when a card becomes almost mandatory like Shaymin did, it's because it is too powerful, it does need some sort of nerfing.

>But weakness has been a huge factor in allowing tech cards to make an impact and has been great for the game in that respect
We would still have tech cards without weakness. Now, choosing a fire deck to counter Decidueye, for example, is not just teching, it is the meta forcing you to play a whole different deck.
>>
>>32346185
I don't even understand how you think this could work the other way.
>burn through entire deck
>win game six turns later by collecting all prizes
>>
Physical players,
What deck do you run?
What kind of sleeves do you use?
What color are they?
>>
File: 1483802791367.jpg (53KB, 960x957px) Image search: [Google]
1483802791367.jpg
53KB, 960x957px
>>32347413
lycanroc/carbink break deck
lycanroc sleeves with kmc mat and clear oversleeves
lycanroc colors
also i use the lycanroc deck box
>>
>>32347413

Had a M Blastoise deck, currently building Lurantis/Plume.

I have the Solgaleo elite box sleeves and the Pokemon center grass starter sleeves and box.
>>
>>32346507
Please never make a card game.
>>
>>32346185

When youre introduced to PTCGO it tells you the three win/lose conditions. Your fault for not reading.

>>32346507

Shaymin has a limitation, you get two cards for killing it. It would be more broke if it wasnt EX.

Thats such a vague comment that ignores abilities, deck engines and DCE/DDE. There are some shitmons out there, sure but its not a write-off. Lean how to deck-build properly.

Weakness rarely matters in tourneys.

Clearly you are new. Lurk more.
>>
>>32346185
Burning out your deck is always listed, in all circumstances, as a loss condition. It's also one which frequently comes up in competitive games, has decks specifically designed to take advantage of it as a game mechanic, and has cards specifically designed to stop you backing yourself into a corner

It's one of those mechanics that new players constantly complain about as "cheating" because it doesn't fit into their incredibly simplistic view of how the game is "meant" to be played.
See also: Stacking your bench with 40HP basics when your opponent can deal bench damage
>>
>>32347413
Previous TCGO warrior. Building turbo dark as my first deck.
Red card sleeves
>>
>>32346185
dumb frogposter
>>
>Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Is this a meme or good advice?
>>
>>32338997
It looks like a fake. Like literally bought at my mom's flea market
>>
>>32348173

Tragically they are not fake and are apparently foil cards too Force of Will is already having a pre-sale price of $250+ on TCGPlayer
>>
>>32348147
The cards all look solid, I guess it's not meme advice.
>>
>>32347622
>Weakness rarely matters in tourneys.
>Clearly you are new
Anon, weakness defines the meta. Whenever a deck sees too much play, it's counter type also does. Pokémon has this rock-paper-scissors mechanic to mimic the games but also to give an answer to any dominating strategy.

In a tournament players make choices based on what other people play. Weakness can then make no difference in the game itself, but that's only because the guy who plays Scizor was forced to play something else when Volcanion was released, not because the mechanic itself doesn't matter.
>>
>>32347413
>What deck do you run?
Yveltal/Garb and Volcanion
>What kind of sleeves do you use?
Dragon Shield Mattes
>What color are they?
Both decks are in the purple, for the aesthetic. Shiny Yveltal EX has purple effects, Volcanion is two-toned red and blue.
>>
>>32348147
Its not an incineroar decks its a torkoal deck.
>>
>>32345805
Strong energy won't make Fling stronger.
>>
>>32348147
It's the best of the decks available in the store overall and one of the best theme decks in memory.
>>
>>32348147
you need one bought theme deck to max out the trainer challenges. this is the best right now. buy this one only, then build to standard.
>>
File: 1479129324626.gif (982KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1479129324626.gif
982KB, 500x377px
Whats a post rotation Trev, Lurantis deck list look like? Also where is the info on these new cards ive been hearing about like in the OP pic?
>>
>>32348866
>what's a post-rotation X look like

We don't know because no one knows what the rotation is

Stop asking
>>
>>32348866
pokebeach.com
>>
>>32348334

Its more the deck archtype than the element type. For instance Greninja Break vs Lurantis is about who draws a better starting hand.
>>
>>32348934

I got some insider info that says Roaring Skies is the cutoff.
>>
>>32349068
No way they would keep AOR in Standard. At the very least it'll be from Breakthrough on.
>>
>>32349068
I heard the same thing.
Sauce: My mom works at the Sony store where they print the games.
>>
>>32349068
I got some insider info your mom regrets having you born.
Were 5 months from rotation settle down.
>>
>>32347413
I run an Umbreon/Zoroark/Eeveelutions.

It's not that good but it performs somehow. It takes a ton of skill to make it work though... I'm not sure why I went with this deck at all.

KMC Hyper Meme Black
>>
File: 20170417_212356.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_212356.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Just bought my first pack in a couple years and got this. How much is it worth?
I know a whole lot because I got a full art registeel
holo and it was worth about $20-40 at the time
>>
>>32349506
Around eight dollars
>>
>>32345143
I was wondering, where do you guys usually buy your booster cases?
>>
>>32349548
I buy from Derium's
>>
New to game, do people have sideboards in this game?
>>
>>32349624

>Pokemon
>Sideboards

Never had and probably never will
>>
>>32349638
ok thanks
>>
>>32349624
I live by their shop and they are cancer.
>>
>>32349705
Are they as obnoxious as they are in their videos in real life? Or are they fraudsters?
>>
>>32347413
Metagross GX in waifu sleeves and Garb/Garb in green Eclipse.

Eclipse are nice but fuck non-glare fronts. They dull the foils.
>>
>>32349705
I know Kevin back from my MTG days, managed to get a set of Power 9 from him for a reasonable price. Then the fucking SJWs took over and I've had to switch to playing Pokemon instead.
>>
>>32349778

>Power Nine
>Reasonable Price

Depending on the time frame, is that even possible?

>Magic
>SJW

Am I missing something? I would always assume Magic is the least well ... non-neckbeard friendly hobby there is
>>
>>32349794
I'm assuming he's referring to the fucking up of the lore that's been going on for a while now. Between the Jace-tice League's shenanigans, Chandra turning into a socially awkward teenager lesbian who has the hots for Nissa, and Soren getting fucked from ten levels to hell, one might say that the lore's been on the decline.
>>
>>32349794
Considering I was able to make a profit when I sold out later on, yes, it was a very reasonable price at the time. WOTC has gone full Tumblr, with trannies and homos and non-binary and all that fruity nonsense.
>>
>>32349744
They are. Except Mike. I knew Mike from local events and worked staff with him a few times. He's a great guy.
>>32349778
Dude seems nuts (that whole Magic con fued.) and honestly their decision to drop everything for Pokémon raises a lot of questions. But they only care about youtube now, not the store.
>>
Getting sick of how predictable the shitty RNG is. Makes the whole game boring.
>>
>>32350241
Hoopa is always prized. You always start with Shaymin. There's never any draw supporters in sight even though you essentially run 12 of them.
>>
File: LaughingAchroma.gif (330KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingAchroma.gif
330KB, 500x400px
>Sky Return KO for game
>>
File: 1490651882112.png (7KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1490651882112.png
7KB, 245x245px
How many sun and moon packs is 1 guardians rising pack going to trade for? I think it will hit 3.
>>32350846
>Instead of conceding your opponent returns his shaymin to his hand while it is his only Pokemon in play
>>
>>32347413
Yveltal/Garbodor

Silver Dragon Shields
>>
>every fucking deck is psychic/dark

Fuck off
>>
File: 1483255187435.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483255187435.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>32351318
>>
>>32335964
I don't understand the Rocket's Handiworks.
>>
>>32347413
Was running Volcanion, now using a Lycanroc meme deck because idgaf right now.
I use plain black or green matte sleeves, depending on how I feel. No one makes cool designs for matte sleeves.
>>
>>32345083
>>32345065
>>32344984
>>32345043
How does rarity work in this game again?
HR/SR are just super-shiny cards which are already in a lower rarity, right?
>>
File: titus.png (412KB, 585x574px) Image search: [Google]
titus.png
412KB, 585x574px
Anyone else having login issues saying invalid user/pass? ive been trying since yesterday to get on
>>
>turbo dark gets another buff in sm2+

rofl what is their problem
>>
File: wish-baton-sm2plus.jpg (68KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
wish-baton-sm2plus.jpg
68KB, 496x693px
If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, choose up to 3 Basic Energy attached to that Pokemon and move them to one of your Benched Pokemon.
>>
>>32352124
A world where Darkness isn't the best type in the game is apparently simply unthinkable.
>>
File: LycanrocGXAlolanMoonlight27.jpg (469KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
LycanrocGXAlolanMoonlight27.jpg
469KB, 500x698px
Leave the Darkrais to me
>>
>>32351530
You have to reinstall the game. I had the same problem too.
>>
>Burning Shadows set in August

Fiery Battles and Deep Shadows!
What strange fires lurk in the shadows? Minions of Team Skull and a cavalcade of new Pokémon stand ready to battle in the dark of night and in the blazing sun! Slug it out with new titans like Necrozma-GX and Tapu Fini-GX, or battle with trusty allies from Machamp-GX and Charizard-GX to Darkrai-GX and Ho-Oh-GX. Fight for what’s right with the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Burning Shadows expansion!
Over 140 cards
12 new Pokémon-GX
6 new full-art Supporter cards featuring important human characters

It's happening!
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/04/augusts-english-tcg-set-burning-shadows
>>
>>32352360

>A minimum of 12 Hyper Rares and 18 Full Art cards

AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
>>
Are SM packs going to drop in value once GR is out? Should we convert them now to something with more stable value (eg. ROS packs, full art staple trainers, etc.)?
>>
>>32352360

So presuming marshadow gets a GX in this set it's going to have an absolutely disgusting ability right?
>>
>>32352404
they're not gonna lose value really but GUR packs will be very high value.
>>
>>32351466
1.Common
2.Uncommon
3.Rare
4.Rare Holo
5.Ultra Rare (Rarer Rare in JP)
6.Full Art (Super Rare in JP)
7.Rainbow Rare (Hyper Rare in JP)
8. Secret Rare (Ultra Rare in JP)
>>
Is there any penalty for going into verus, and conceeding if the oppoenent doesn't conceed within the first 30 seconds?

I just need lightning bolt points.
>>
File: Splendid.jpg (44KB, 180x237px) Image search: [Google]
Splendid.jpg
44KB, 180x237px
>>32352164
>>
>>32352124
So does Yveltal.
>Yveltal is almost dead
>Y Cyclone the DCE away to another Yveltal
>Wish Baton transfers all its Darkness to the new Yveltal when it dies
>lose nothing
>>
>>32353389
What is the deal with Dark and Psychic pandering in this game?
>>
>>32353509
It's Dark and Water.
Every other type gets one thing and then all pokemon of that type get balance around it. Then it rotates out and that type's shit because it's still balanced around it.
>>
>>32353356
They monitor this kind of activity. You will be warned, but I don't know about penalties
>>
>>32352235
Are they hiring edgelords?
>>
File: Darkrai-GX-SM2-1.jpg (444KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
Darkrai-GX-SM2-1.jpg
444KB, 500x698px
>>32353746
We're all trapped in Darkrai's eternal nightmare. That's why it keeps getting new cards.
>>
>>32353782
Darkraibox in expanded is going to become a thing and it's going to be scary
>>
>>32354020
>Implying it isn't already a thing

Between Max Elixir and Dark Patch and Shaymeme you can hit for ridiculous amounts of damage on the first attack.
>>
>>32353782

When will Darkmeme go away?

Easily, worse than Shaymin.
>>
Whoever grabs first, enjoy
>>
>>32354282
>didn't get anything good
>>
>>32352360
>Charizard GX hyper rare
>in a set with 11 other hyper rares and God knows how many secret rares
You know what, fuck this. I'm not collecting SM sets anymore. I'm just going to work on older sets
>>
>>32352905
>Rainbow Rare
Stop that
>>
File: Dcrisis.png (2MB, 1237x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Dcrisis.png
2MB, 1237x1044px
Should I open it?
>>
>game stops letting you select your cards
Why the fuck does this keep happening.
>>
>>32351530
I just click to login again and it works
>>
>>32354376
I wouldn't bother
>>
How should I start in Expanded. I've bought a few of the Donphan packs in the store, so I think I'll go with that
Should I use the Eeveelutions for max memeiness?
>>
>>32354536
Nice. Get any Mew EXes?
>>
>>32354600
I have one. How does it fit in?
>>
>>32354859
Buy all the pieces of Night March for 3 packs. Win .
>>
>>32354376
>that enamel pin
Yes
>>
>dead hand plus N
>use it
>get the exact same hand minus N
>>
>>32355330
That's what you get for having advantage. It's game balancing :^)
>>
I used to play back in Gen 1 and 2, then haven't had time to keep up due to life. Have the rules drastically changed, or same basic shit? Been collecting instead, so I got a lot of cards now and might want to play again
>>
>>32355420
You cant attack T1, no more coinflips to retreat a confused pokemon and burn's coinflip now is to remove the condition.
Other than that its just powercreep.
>>
>>32355420
They've added fairy and dragon types. Dragons don't have basic energy dedicated to them, instead their attacks require a random assortment of energy
>>
>>32355467
You could attack turn 1 in gens 1 and 2? That sounds cancer
>>
>>32355500
This rule came with XY...
>>
File: 1468386488520.jpg (32KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468386488520.jpg
32KB, 720x480px
>bought 3 of the worlds decks fully aware I can't use them for tournaments
>spent about 40 dollars in sleeves and a deck box to go with them
>mfw goldfishing with myself for a game I don't play
>mfw they come with a PTCGO QR code and I got my hopes up but it only came with gay ass coins and sleeves
What am I doing with my life?
>>
What pokemon would you like to see get cards that haven't seen print in years?
>>
>>32355864
Ditto GX
>>
>>32355864
Kadabra with Psychic Call
>>
File: M-Gyarados-EX.XY9.19.png (940KB, 570x790px) Image search: [Google]
M-Gyarados-EX.XY9.19.png
940KB, 570x790px
The english looks so lame to an english speaker. But the english cards have japanese on them and they look cool to us.
>>
Thoughts on Solgaleo GX deck? I'm trying to run one with Vikavolts at the moment.
>>
>>32355904
Oh cool. I kinda hate the Japanese on Megas. You should do a dump.
>>
>>32355380

Newfag here, whats advantage?
>>
>>32355908
Unreliable, stage twos are basically completely unplayable, especially with 2 lines
>>
>>32355908
Solgaleo/Bronzong and Solgaleo/Lurantis are all youll ever want to build.
>>
>>32355904
Would look better if it was stylized instead of just being put though a gradient text filter and an outline.
>>
1670 boys. Nearly there.
>>
>>32352905
Wait, so all pokemon available at HR and SR are also available at UR and FA, right?
How does making a quick buck off blingfags make people here pissed?
Hell, this should make non-bling cards cheaper, making the game healthier.
>>
>>32356336

I think it annoys the collectors here and how it is another extra rarity of the same card to collect, a friend of mine who collects and split cases with me pretty much told me he won't bother with Secret / Hyper Rares since it just pushes prices for a whole set way up

>Hell, this should make non-bling cards cheaper

It doesn't really make them even cheaper since regular GXs so far are already cheap enough as is (except Decidueye since it only comes in regular version and Topu Meme since that will be a staple). Case openings seems to suggest Hyper Rares actually reduce the amount of Full Art cards you open

>Making the game healthier

Maybe TPCi should've put Shaymeme and Jirachi EXs in the Battle Arena decks instead of the Kyurems
>>
>>32356368
>shaymin in battle arena
Who cares, it leaves in September.
>>
>>32356377

As long as TPCi keeps shilling Expanded as a format they will have to reprint it at some point to keep it not costing an arm and a leg for potential new players
>>
>>32356398
Fuck that, buy the dip.
>>
>>32356297
1065, a while to go but I've upheld my 100 points per day quota so it should be fine.

Got to 1980 last time but I only decided to go for Giovanni when I had 1.5hr left and like 120 points to go or something.
>>
>>32356336
Because everyone wants to make money off blingfags, they buy can buy 4 of the same card for the sake if fuck measuring but collectors gotta pay that price too. You can't even get around it by buying boxes to possibly save money because they're so stupidly rare it's not worth it. I've got all of the EX series master sets and XY master sets with some more here and there but Sun and moon series is just not worth the money to me and I think there's other collectors in the same boat of deciding to work on a NM master set of first edition base or some autistic cash grab by making cards needlessly difficult to get without drug dealing. Buying a case of boosters should not leave me with $300 of singles to buy still
>>
>>32356650
Don't be a collectorfag if you don't want to pay absurd amounts of money. You can't willingly shoot yourself in the foot and then complain that you can't walk.
>>
>>32356750
He's right though, you shouldn't be swimming in mareanies and have like 5gx if you crack a booster box.
>>
>>32356787
That's how it is in any tcg and how they make money and move product. They know people are willing to put up with their ratios because people want the cards that they know have been purposely made ridiculously hard to get. They know you'll buy it anyway, so why not fuck pull rates to hell?
>>
>>32356869

And we are actually in a time where EX/GX cards are actually easier to pull from a box than before, I wonder if anyone here remembered a time when you usually get an average of 2 EXs and 1 Full Art per box and more if you were lucky.
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-19+at+01.20.49).jpg (142KB, 688x561px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-19+at+01.20.49).jpg
142KB, 688x561px
>hit the 820
>open chest
Naisu desu ne
>>
>>32356750
If they wanted to have my money, they should have given better ratios. 3 gx 1-2 full art and 1-2 hyper/secret per box. That's enough to still be difficult to complete a set but enough to keep me going back for more. Making the hyper/secrets maybe 1 per box is 10/10 cancer because you can potentially buy a case and not get any of them which im sure has happened
>>
>>32356998

>3 gx 1-2 full art and 1-2 hyper/secret per box

The 3 GX and 1~2 Full Art is pretty much guaranteed and you might get even more regular GXs. The only problem is that you get either Hyper or Secret Rares in a box speaking of which did anyone here ever pull both in one single box?

>You can potentially buy a case and not get any of them which im sure has happened

Unless you are really that unlucky, the chance of not opening any HR/ScR are astronomically low
>>
>>32357023
I bought a case and got 2 hyper and 1 secret. If it was at least one per box that's good. But 2 boxes I only had the obligatory 4 gx 1 full art. That is not worth the money in any shape or form
>>
>>32356998
They don't care about you getting what you want. You bought a box/case and they got their money, that's all that matters. They know you'll be back next set to do it all again.
>>
>>32357067
That's the thing. I'm not going to do the next set because I was dissatisfied with the value. I'll be buying what's necessary for a deck and that's it. This is literally the only other time aside from "base set 2" bullshit that I've complained about a set other than the occasional "no cards with competitive use"
>>
File: C9wPtXPUwAE9Kb5.jpg (116KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
C9wPtXPUwAE9Kb5.jpg
116KB, 800x559px
Nice.
>>
>>32357159
>full art sex maniac
It's our prayers answered
>>
File: TomokoOMG.png (67KB, 299x290px) Image search: [Google]
TomokoOMG.png
67KB, 299x290px
>>32357159
I need 50

Each
>>
>>32357159
Is that real? Don't toy with my heart!!
>>
>>32357159
>mind break eyes
N-NICE

>>32357177
it posted on Pokebeach just now
>>
>make a move that benefits your opponent in some way
>they use :D face

>They kill one of your mons
> :D

Anything more irritating in this game?
>>
>>32357352
every response in ptcgo is extremely maddening. Don't know what the devs were thinking with some of these default responses.
>>
File: N.png (11KB, 433x60px) Image search: [Google]
N.png
11KB, 433x60px
>>
>>32357395
he's such a faggot
>>
File: FuTVCykc_400x400.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FuTVCykc_400x400.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>32357395
>keeping N in standard
>>
File: N-SM2Plus.jpg (123KB, 688x950px) Image search: [Google]
N-SM2Plus.jpg
123KB, 688x950px
Here we go
>>
>>32357429
>XY
So it'll be expanded only right?
>>
New thread.

>>32357432
>>32357432
>>32357432
>>
>>32357431
Most of Best of XY probably won't be coming over but I suspect the full arts will be included in the burning shadows and/or the shiny Mew set that comes after it
>>
>>32357429
D-daddy...

>>32357435
Were not on page 10
>>
>>32357439
>Were not on page 10

We're not /sug/, anon.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.