[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 35cipi0.jpg (67KB, 509x325px) Image search: [Google]
35cipi0.jpg
67KB, 509x325px
>"We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging."

Why exclude the Battle Frontier from games for being too "demanding/challenging" but still include the Battle Maison, Battle Tree, and Battle Royal that are just as challenging if not more so? If battle facilities were/are too challenging for players and no one would take the time to appreciate them, then why not get rid of battle facilities altogether? This doesn't make any sense.

Even before ORAS was released, we've had references to Hoenn's Battle Frontier.

>Pyramid King Brandon was mentioned in the Volcanion event in X and Y.
>"The Battle Frontier Project has started!"
>"Scouting the Pike Queen-done. Are there any trainers who measure up to Scott's expectations?"

Why have these references to the original Battle Frontier if no one would appreciate it? I refuse to believe that these are all just nods to the original Battle Frontier.

I want the Battle Frontier and I will fucking meme the Battle Frontier in to existence if I have to
>>
>>32328406
Meme magic is more /pol/'s thing.
Go make a case and see if you can win them over, I hear they are a quite reasonable and accepting community.
>>
>>32328406
Man, that interview was full of contradiction.

>b-but dedicated players can go through the difficult postgame if they find the main game too easy!
>xy, oras and sm combined have less postgame than platinum, hgss or b2w2
>>
File: 1430417694961.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430417694961.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>32328442
Masuda was lying out of his ass in that interview. Battle Frontier is coming.
>>
>>32328448
If only, anon. If only. Masuda and Ohmori are killing the fun parts of the franchise, and yet it will continue to sell. And we'll continue to buy the games in the false hopes that maybe they'll stop going downhill at some point and continually get disappointed.
>>
>>32328448
>>32328459
>>32328406

I think it is actually coming back as well. All of you are forgetting something very critical.

ORAS was not the only game with heavy references to the Battle Frontier.

Sun & Moon has heavy references too... You got the Anabel from the Emerald dimension working with Looker. She is mentioned to come from a tower in Hoenn. Then you got the original Frontier Brains theme as her theme.

Also, lets not forget those three mysterious empty building spots on the first three islands. Didn't Hoenn have three Battle Tents?
>>
>>32328502
They're just setting us up for nothing.
>>
>>32328508
Maybe if they only referenced it in ORAS. But two games in a row?
>>
>>32328406
It's true. It's unnecessary effort that would not have paid off. Most of their target audience would have stopped playing after finishing the main story due to the large amount of other games to play.
>>
>>32328406
CPing the Maison would save so much time compared to making a BF with 7 facilities. Imagine how much time this would make, imagine how little players would use it. Be honest, how much did you play Gen 3's BF? Gen 4's? Enough for the programmers to think their hard work paid off? Sure, it is definitely lazy of them to not put it in, but sometimes game developers need to be lazy, cause that shit is hard, y'know? It takes a lot of time and energy to create a Pokemon game, they aren't just worked on when the game before it is released.

Also fuck the Battle Palace and the Battle Arena, they are god awful facilities. The Battle Pike and Pyramid kinda suck, especially in getting the Gold Symbols.
>>
>>32328406
There are three types of Pokemon games.

Core Pairs then Remakes then Regional Revisits (3rd V and Direct Sequels)

Let me break down the demographics for each game.

Core pairs are bought by everyone including long time fans, professionals, casuals, and children. The main selling points are the new Pokemon and the new region.

Remakes are bought by everyone as well aside from some small children. Just the region and legendaries they have never seen before is enough for casuals and some children to buy remakes.

Last, you have Regional Revisits (3rd versions and direct sequels). Most of the people willing to revisit a region with zero new Pokemon are professionals and long time fans. That is why this type of game has THE GOODS. Battle Frontier, PWT, gym leader rematches, hard mode, every single one of this type of game has these goodies. It's simply putting the hardcore shit in the game purchased mostly by hardcore players.

BF in HGSS is an exception because Platinum was before. I think that failed with casuals and kid players...
>>
>>32328592
Proof? Sales figures for all types of Pokemon games right here.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=pokemon
>>
It is Gamefreak. They are so out of touch with their fan base. Masuda even said that the reason Pokemon snap 2 never happened was because they thought no one wanted it. They don't know anything about what their audience wants
>>
>>32328587
>Be honest, how much did you play Gen 3's BF?

Got all 7 silver symbols and 2 or 3 Gold Symbols

>Gen 4's?
Too slow and prints are lame.
>>
>>32328587
>how much did you play Gen 3's BF?
a lot

>Gen 4's?
a lot

I played BF longer than I played the fucking main game. It's the only unique thing the game offers that I can't just get on a sim.
>>
>>32328587
I played both gen 3 and gen 4's battle facilities, especially factory, pyramid and castle.
>>
>>32328609
/thread
>>
>>32328613
And when I won those symbols, I had very, very little understanding of competitive battling at the time.
>>
File: image.png (341KB, 444x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
341KB, 444x414px
>>32328406
STOP REPOSTING THIS INTERVIEW REEEEEEE
>>
I bet they took out gym battles for this exact reason.
>>
>>32328644
What's weird is that they said gyms were going to be a mainstay in the interview and then ditched them in the very next game.
>>
Of course it's not the real reason, this is your standard PR talk. If every game developer spoke the truth when asked why X feature wasn't included in a game then they'd all look bad. Sometimes good business decisions need to be the priority and they obviously decided that the large effort and time to re-create the frontier was not worth it, especially when it would have sacrificed a christmas release.
>>
>>32328587
Let me just say that out of 500 hours I have in my only run of Emerald, only about 30 were spent on beating the main story.

So fuck off Masuda apologist
>>
>>32328502
My personal theory is that they're removing the Battle Frontier from both Hoenn and Sinnoh because they want to combine them in the future. That is also why they removed Anabel from the Battle Tower by including her in SM. Palmer will thus remain the Frontier Brain of the Battle Tower once it gets re-introduced. I predict the same will happen to either Noland or Thorton as happened to Anabel.
>>
>>32329526
Not a chance. The model they introduced in OR/AS is what they favor now. Win enough times to get a fight with your Favorite Characters™.
>>
They're wrong, the majority of people didn't give a fuck about it "back in the day" either. Most people also do not give a shit about the Tower and its ilk, but it's a simple enough bone to throw for the less than 1%.
>>
>>32329639
So I'm the only person who played Battle Factory/Pike for several hundred hours just because it was fun and interesting?
>>
>>32329669
There were several thousand others, but in the big picture, that's nothing.

>Pike

Shit taste and literally the most casual Facility, Pyramid was where it was at.
>>
Go back to your simulators.
>>
I wonder if there still would be any fun with BF now power creep becomes bigger and bigger? Imagine playing Battle Hall and Steel level 10 gives you a Megagross to fight.
>>
>>32328613
>>32328619
>>32328621
>>32328772
You guys are apart of the small percent of people that bothered with the battle frontier. Most players stoped playing the game after the Story, and quite a few
players don't like battle facilities in general.

barely anybody uses the battle Madison and the battle tree but gamefreak puts them in because it Easy to program

why should gamefreak code seven different facilities in there game when only a handfull of people will even bother. This is called smart business, they should put those man hours into something else, something that more people will actually enjoy.
>>
>>32330706
You cannot win. If it isn't competitive, these people aren't interested. I question why the Bullshit Tower means so much to them in that regard, though, since competitive is one of the reasons people don't play the games.
>>
This whole thread makes me sad because I spent maybe 60 hours plowing through my Emerald's story, and then got my play time up to almost 400 hours playing in the Battle Frontier. Platinum was similar. I just want some neat facilities. To be entirely honest I'd be content if they only gave us a handful of older facilities. Namely the Battle Arena, Battle Dome, Battle Pike from Emerald, maybe also the Pyramid, and then the Castle and Arcade from Platinum. The Hall would be an interesting addition as well and they'd likely keep one of the rental facilities since they already have all the Pokemon pre-programmed anyways from NPCs in the Battle Tree/Maison. The Frontier really is why Emerald is my favorite and I wish they'd do more with it.
>>
Frontier would be infinitely worse if they implemented the blatant input-reading, teambuilding AI that Battle Tower Expys have had since Gen 5.
>>
>>Pyramid King Brandon was mentioned in the Volcanion event in X and Y.
What
>>
>>32330706
>Most players stoped playing the game after the Story

Prove it.

>why should gamefreak code seven different facilities
They already did.
>>
I enjoyed the battle frontier far more than I'm trying to enjoy the Battle tree in SuMo. It just doesn't have....zazz.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>32328406
Want to know why I'm not getting a switch? Because I was extremely hyped for a new game that was free from Gamefreak's bullshit and Nintendo just had to c&d it because Sun and Moon looked bad in comparison.
>>
>>32329639
That's not what the Tree global mission said.
>>
>>32328587
>Be honest, how much did you play Gen 3's BF?
A shitload. I distinctly remember my team being the Sudowoodo you get at the BF, a Latias and a Flygon. I dumped a ton of hours into it, the Frontier Brain music was hype.
If the BF returned in a later game, I'd put even more hours into it since I actually know what I'm doing in terms of team composition and the like.
>>
>>32328632
I bet you didn't even sage, autistic screecher.
>>
>>32328725
This is what goes through my mind at times like this.

>good business decisions
That's always what they're after (with sometimes poor success), and so we can reduce this down to just unfortunate timing.
Unfortunate timing causes stuff to get crapped up.

However,
>>32328609
I suspect this, too.

Maybe it was a combination of both factors. Maybe they're just plain stupid up the ass.
>>
>>32332190
>Nintendo just had to c&d it because Sun and Moon looked bad in comparison.
They deserve it.
>>
>>32333244
I mean, Nintendo getting upstaged.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.