[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still like Pokemon but I can't bring myself to play any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

I still like Pokemon but I can't bring myself to play any of the games.

Does anyone else feel this way?
>>
me. Ever since SM disappointed me i've kinda took a break from all the games. I haven't touched my copy of Sun since december.
>>
>>32327031
I feel the opposite way. I love Pokémon more than ever before despite the lack of post game and I can't stop playing it or thinking about it.
>>
>>32327049
this
>>
>>32327049
This for me too
Especially because of the new Pokemon designs
>>
>>32327031
same here. After all the hype, even after finishing the game, I think that I didn't enjoyed SM that much. I feel like GF is getting lazy with the lores and stories.
>>
>>32327031
I love all the designs, but I won't play any of the games.
They always seem lack luster in comparison to everything else
>>
>>32327031
I just play randomizers now during the lull between official games. I just beat a randomized Black 2, and now I'm going through Leaf Green. My starter was Weepinbell. Doing randomized runs really makes you realize which Pokemon you might like that you wouldn't have used otherwise.
>>
>>32327070

it's because ohimori is fucking shit
>>
>>32328611
Whom that
>>
>>32327031
Yep. it just doesn't feel as immersive anymore. It's all about the marketing. Theres no timeline, no lore.
I attempted a second playthrough of Sun but I still haven't managed to leave the first island.
It's always been for kids but the other games had something to offer for the older fans, but XY and SM are the most childish of them all and I don't think it'll recover.
>>
>>32327031
a lot of the new pokemon suck. most of them are slow, and the ones that are fast cant give/take a hit. i hate the starters too.
>>
Casual reminder this is not a gen war thread. OP is clearly not saying "I can't replay SM", but rather the series as a whole.
>>
>>32329234
What??
Childish, Sun and Moon?, more than the rest?, when the main history is more mature, have more hot characters and inuendos, edgy designs and a good lore. Mentions of death, sad story of a girl who lose his companion, the pokédex entries, Nanu...Po town...
Holy shit when i readed the type null attenps of creation was like heh this is still a pokémon game?
>>
>>32327031
XY disappointed me, ORAS disappointed me, SM disappointed me. I have little hope left.
>>
>>32329305
Trying too hard here, anon
>>
>>32329315
I know that this isn't the best to defend SM because is a blackhole of salty fans but I like SM at the same level of BW, who was my favourite game till now.
Fuck you all.
>>
>>32329325
>best to
The best thread to.
Sorry
>>
>>32327031
Same. I love pokemon but the most recent additions to the dex seem lackluster (I still have a few new favorites) and I'm honestly tired of GF paying my favorite dust for several gens now--it really kills my drive not being able to use my faves competitively. After I defeated the leaguein SM i just dropped it almost conpletely. I've taken month-long breaks from starting it around november
>>
>>32329325
Shit taste
>>
File: mewtwo_is_sad_by_wupar-d30wtqr.png (11KB, 347x326px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo_is_sad_by_wupar-d30wtqr.png
11KB, 347x326px
Well... I didn't play Moon since 4 weeks ago because I don't know which Pokemon I can breed next. I pretty much have most of what I want.

Not gonna breed Garchomp or Aegislash. Nope.
>>
>>32327070
I had the same feeling for ORAS. I'd recommend playing it again with some special rules. I wonderlocked OR when I replayed it, and I liked it a little better
>>
>>32327031
I feel the same way but this could be because I don't feel welcome in a Hawaii based region.
>>
>>32327031
I liked breeding eggs for shinies in Gen 6 while watching Netflix or something but I just don't feel motivated to do it in SM. Probably because you have to be more aware of what you're doing rather than just holding the d-pad in an infinite loop. Also, grinding stuff I want to use for competitive is a fucking chore without a good place to level up outside of Rare Kitchens. I really miss Blissey Bases, hopefully Secret Bases come back for the DP remakes.
inb4 >DP remakes
>>
No, I'm just too poor to afford to buy it and my car keeps eating up my savings
>>
>>32327031
Somewhat me
Right now, I think the only game I'd go back and play would be black 2, platinum and Explorers of Sky

I haven't even finished sun version yet. Battling with friends has gotten dull to me thanks to meta; So there's no appeal there either.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.