[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This........thing Costs more than $200 on Ebay. https://yout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 2017-04-14.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-14.png
2MB, 1600x900px
This........thing
Costs more than $200 on Ebay.
https://youtu.be/jqRw-yZXZmw?t=5m21s

I lost all hope in humanity.
Serena's a good character, but how is she THIS popular in Japan!?
>>
>>32324255
All human pokemon character merch sells out in Japan quick and goes for a lot of money, it's not just Serena. The Dawn figure from 2007 also goes for insanely high prices now.

I'm also willing to bet the current GEM anime toys, and the new figures based on Red, ORAS May, Game Serena, and the upcoming Hilda/Rosa will also be sold out fast
>>
That's what happens when a girl wins.
>>
>>32324292
citation needed

Iv'e never seen Misty or May this popular
>>
>>32324297
I hope this is bait. Serena just recently left the show, Misty and May have been gone for decades. Of course right now a recent character like Serena is going to have a lot of sold out toy merch over characters from a decade and a half ago.

As said, May's GEM anime figure just came out, and her ORAS one comes out at the end of this month. Her figures will be sold out too in a few months after release.
>>
>>32324304
This isn't.

Nobody in Japan wanted Misty back after she left.

Misty was never popular in Japan to begin with, but May had been popular but nowhere to Serena's level
>>
>>32324293
>Implying that serena really win something
>>
>>32324313
I hope this is also bait. Misty was popular but as said, that was over 15-17 years ago. Most of those fans moved on and became adults. Since Japan doesn't cling to old characters they move on.

Serena's popular now because of the hype of the ship and being a recent character, overall she has nowhere as large a viewership, following, etc. that the first 3 girls (Misty/May/Dawn) had in the early 2000's.
>>
>>32324326
>Misty was popular but as said, that was over 15-17 years ago.

CITATION NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32324333
It's hard to believe Misty was popular at the time she was the only female character on the show for 5 years? Of course nowadays she's nowhere as popular as she once was, but it's easy to forget she was the only female character for a long time when the anime originally started. Back then we didn't have any other girls to compare Misty to.

All the girls also lose a bit of popularity after they leave. For example you don't see as much Dawn hype in the Japanese fandom as you used to since Serena was introduced, and as Serena gets too old you'll see people move on from her as well.
>>
File: ugh-shirt.gif (4KB, 617x435px) Image search: [Google]
ugh-shirt.gif
4KB, 617x435px
>>32324341
>still no citation

Begone you imbecilic nuissance.
>>
>>32324333

You must be 18 to browse here, come back in 10 years. Get a diagnosis for your autism while you're at it, too.
>>
File: 1473611427875.png (393KB, 684x693px) Image search: [Google]
1473611427875.png
393KB, 684x693px
>>32324255
>THIS popular in among Japanese animefags
FTFY
She gets just as much shit in Japan from those who don't care about ashnime. She was extremely popular even on this very board among the animefags. As for why it was expensive, because it'll sell. Those who like her, like her enough to buy her shit.
>>
>>32324358
I hope this has just been bait all along. Nobody can possibly be this ignorant. The pokemon anime itself was also tremendously popular in the late 90's and early 2000's, far more than at any later time. It's common sense to think the earliest girls of the anime who were the most viewed/exposed would wind up with the largest followings in the fandom. Serena was introduced in 2013, long after the anime had dwindled in the peak of its popularity.
>>
>>32324255
Amourfags will still buy it IF they even have the money for it.
>>
>>32324385
show me a Misty toy that costs as much as Serena
>>
>>32324404
You do realize Misty had figures during the 90's/early 2000's right? There's also the recent Misty GEM figure, as well as the Gym leader one with her in her blue swimsuit that just came out.

This Serena wind up toy was also printed in very limited quanities and they never make more once they're sold out. The GEM figures likely have higher production rates.
>>
>>32324418
No shit she did,

but they costed no where near as much as this.
>>
>>32324438
This Serena figure especially was produced in limited quanities. It's the same thing with high end collector statues released her in America for comic book figures like Batman, Superman, X-men, etc.

Of course a limited run figure like this Serena one is going to sell for a lot once it's sold out. As I said, Serena also just recently left the show. She's still on the minds of Japanese fans over girls who have been long gone for decades.
>>
>>32324255
qt
>>
>>32324293
>that's what happens when human kind lost
ftfy
>>
nobody gives a fuck about that bitch misty
>>
>>32324583
My nigga.
>>
>>32324438
>Emperor palpitoad
Oh shit, please tell me you're just an imitator
>>
These things are made to order and it was only just released a few weeks ago. The price will go down eventually when more are available second hand. At the moment the only way to get one is from the few people reselling so they'll try to get retarded prices while they can. The pre-order price was under $60 and Japanese second hand places have them at under $150 right now.
>>
>thread made by an amourfag implying a figurine that sells high like almost every other means that character is most popular
>amourfag proceeds to be delusional that shitrena is somehow more popular than May/Dawn in Japan
>amourfag forgets Dawn and May won the big polls asking for which character people wanted a new figurine of not too long ago

Nothing new here lads, juts the usual salty amouretards
>>
>>32324389
>>32324380
>>32324767
I'm an amourfag who WOULDN'T buy this shit.
>>
>>32324255
>why does this cost $200?
who doesn't want to cum on a qt 3.14 serena figure?
>>
>>32324255
I want one of those...
>>
>>32324292
>>32324304
>>32324326
>>32324341
>>32324385
>>32324418
>>32324450
Jesus Christ, Scott. You're such a fucking moron.
>>
>>32324255
Because she just is. She had a story/character/personality/design combination that a lot of people really liked. Not really sure why that needs explaining.
>>
File: 89786756.jpg (48KB, 495x369px) Image search: [Google]
89786756.jpg
48KB, 495x369px
>>32324255
>Rare collectable item
>Costs money
Truly a revelation.
>>
>>32329438
It's true though. It's limited quantity merch, and Serena being a recent character and on the minds of Japanese fans is why it sold out so quickly. It's the same reason the Dawn figure back in 2007 sold out so fast, because DP was a new series at the time and Dawn was becoming really popular in her first year in the show.
>>
File: 15 million dollars.jpg (40KB, 742x392px) Image search: [Google]
15 million dollars.jpg
40KB, 742x392px
You are like little baby
Watch this
>>
>>32329438
Incoming 13y old "fuck you scott, muh serena, muh amour" edgelord, you faggots are hilarious sometimes
>>
>>32329691
wtf is gohan doing
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.