[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when do you think the franchise will end. /vp/? When the Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1481002736880.gif (2MB, 1011x517px) Image search: [Google]
1481002736880.gif
2MB, 1011x517px
So when do you think the franchise will end. /vp/?
When the Pokemon count gets to 1,000 and no more designs can be produced without an obvious drop in quality?
Do you think they'd continue beyond that putting more focus into the region and story whilst using what they have?
Will we even be alive to see the end of the franchise?
Do you think at any point the mainseries would have a genre shift to maintain relevance?
>>
>>32322660

I don't see why they can't go over 1000 Pokemon? There's still so many more animals and ideas out there that they can base them off.
The franchise will die when people stop buying the games, GF would kill themselves if they started making games with no new Pokemon in them, that's something people want, look at the uproar at the last 2 gens and the low number of new Pokemon, inb4 "quality over quantity" majority of Gen 7's Pokemon are fan/furservice and not actually usable..
>>
File: dank kush sonic.jpg (71KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
dank kush sonic.jpg
71KB, 430x430px
>>32322660
>When [...] no more designs can be produced without an obvious drop in quality?
That already began at Gen 6.
>>
>>32322660
>Do you think they'd continue beyond that putting more focus into the region and story whilst using what they have?
You just answered your own thread with this question, they're already doing this, around 70~90 new pokemon per generation is the new pace they adopted, people complain that there's too few new pokemon but Pokemon is supposed to be a long lasting franchise, it's pretended to exist for decades beyond, they don't want to bloat the dex too fast.
>>
>>32322660
>no more designs can be produced without an obvious drop in quality?
like gen 5?
>>
>>32322681
No One says they cant, but since gen6 they are obviously doing whatever they Can to minimize the amount of new Pokémon by reusing old ones to not fill the Dex too much. I wouldnt be suprised if we'll have only 30 new Pokémon in the next gen alongside new Megas and regional forms plus a new gimmick (like merged Pokémon, Imagine genwunners go crazy about a Venustoise )
>>
>>32322693

Well memed.
>>
File: IMG_4797.png (195KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4797.png
195KB, 309x323px
>>32322703
>only 30 new Pokémon

That's fucking depressing to think about.
>>
>>32322660

gamefreak did say that the MIGHT carry on with regional forms in the future, if they're smart, they would give us a good number of new pokemon, say 70 new Pokemon, and 20-30 Regional forms, that's 90-100 New and Old-new Pokemon, which then would give that Gen a good sized dex and would keep people happy, there are other ways to keep the games going without actually ending new Pokemon.
>>
>>32322703
megas were a gen 6 gimmick
>>
>>32322682

LOL Gen 6 have some really good designs, whatchu talkin' bout?
>>
>>32322703

Exactly, no one says they can't but I see on so many threads, people saying "GF can't go over 1000 Pokemon" I mean, we're only 198 Pokemon from 1000, say 100 Pokemon for gen 8 and Gen 9, brings it to 1002,, if they wanted to squeeze 3 gens out of it, then 66 new Pokemon, there's no way they will go 30 New Pokemon, it will definitely be over 60 New Pokemon for the next 3 gens.
>>
>>32322710
Dont get me wrong, i dont care whatever Megas stay or dont, but I think its too "strong" as a gimmick to drop It completely
>>
>>32322703
But they make like 30 legend every fucking gen now- For them movie money. We only get legend now?
>>
>>32322703
They just aren't filling the dex. The number of new Pokemon we get hasn't declined much. As another anon pointed out last time, Alolan forms are new Pokemon in everything but name. They have new design, new stats, new types, new abilities, new moves, new everything but a new dex entry. They're not minimizing anything but the Pokedex. They don't have any reason to.
>>
>>32322660

when they put into this game all usable items and abilities and fix the competitive scene
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.