[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest here, the DP remakes hype doesn't match

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: possible.jpg (59KB, 451x385px) Image search: [Google]
possible.jpg
59KB, 451x385px
Let's be honest here, the DP remakes hype doesn't match the GS and RS remakes hype.

Remember when there were threads every day with people arguing about the possibility of these remakes?
>>
>>32317988
Sinnoh is a newer set of games on a different console. Different audience to get hyped over remakes than the gen 1/2 players who owned GB/C and the RS players who owned DS.
>>
>>32317988
because ORAS made everyone lose faith in remakes

gen 3 was riding off the HGSS reputation and also had the Hoenn confurrmd meme going for it
>>
>>32318009

Only reason I'd want a DP remake, is so I can use a Mega Lopunny in a game.

they only have it in ORAS but basically only catchable in Post Game.
>>
>>32317988
>Let's be honest here, the DP remakes hype doesn't match the GS and RS remakes hype.

Well GS and RS were actually somewhat decent games. RS a little less so.
>>
>>32318010
this
>>
>>32317988
>Let's be honest here, the DP remakes hype doesn't match the GS and RS remakes hype.
Maybe gs but that's only because nostalgiafags approve gen 2.

>Remember when there were threads every day with people arguing about the possibility of these remakes?
Like it happens now with retardedly similar arguments?
>>
>>32318010
Or maybe it's because remakes are pretty much a given at this point. Most people outside /vp/ liked or loved ORAS.

I have a feeling remake hype will be back in full swing with "UNOVA CONFIRMED", since:
a) those games were the first games since "Pokémania" to stir up a hype storm with the fandom, and
b) it'll give GF a chance to make a more nostalgiafag-friendly version of Unova rather than merely appealing to the cult that sticks to the "GEN V WAS THE PINNACLE OF THE SERIES BASED BUGS" meme.
>>
>>32318278
>b) it'll give GF a chance to make a more nostalgiafag-friendly version of Unova
Please no.

>rather than merely appealing to the cult that sticks to the "GEN V WAS THE PINNACLE OF THE SERIES BASED BUGS" meme.
The fuck are on about here, what bugs? I dont recall even gen 5 haters talking about bugs that much.

Also, gf wont appeal to anything that isnt nostalgiafags and maybe jap kids.
>>
File: 1374167867542.jpg (9KB, 238x180px) Image search: [Google]
1374167867542.jpg
9KB, 238x180px
>>32317988
>Let's be honest here, the DP remakes hype doesn't match the GS and RS remakes hype
DP remakes were announced?
>>
>>32318355
That's his point, we aren't being bombared with "SINNOH CONFIRMED" nearly as much as we were with Hoenn. It felt like people were confirming gen 3 remakes for years before ORAS.
>>
Because

Everyone are expecting remakes now
ORAS were so shit that people would rather not have the original games ruined now
>>
>>32318369
>original Diamond and Pearl
>ruined
>not even Game Freak could fuck up that bad
>top kek
>>
>>32318365
But there is no info about sinnoh remakes - I see no leaks, news etc. What kind of meta-bait is it?
>>
>>32318383
Do you have autism or are you retarded?
>>
>>32318365
Give it a year or two for the Sinnoh Confirmed posts to transpire
>>
>>32318387
I jst don't get the point of this whole thread at all. There is no info about remakes so what hype do you want? There was no hype before RS remakes either - just speculations.
>>
>>32318398
oo"
>>
Hoenn confirmed was as big as it was because of the uncertainty of how remakes were being handled. There are people who believed only Kanto and Johto got remakes just because you couldn't transfer anything from those generations up to current ones while you could still do this with RSE Pokemon. Now that ORAS became a thing, we can expect remakes to just be part of the status quo in the Pokémon release schedule. No reason to get excited over an inevitability
>>
>>32317988
the announcement in pokemon sunday was pretty good

I still have remorse of not buying the special edition with the figurine
>>
>>32318278
>Or maybe it's because remakes are pretty much a given at this point.

Yeah just like third versions or XY sequels right?

The remake meme needs to fucking end. We're at the point where fucking FRLG is closer in line for remakes than DP is. And after DP remakes remakefags will start begging for HGSS remakes. And then when you get to gen 5 you need BW1 and BW2 remakes. It's fucking retarded. Not everything in the franchise needs to be remade.
>>
>>32318010
Only on /vp/. Meanwhile in the real world its considered a great pair of remakes.
>>
>>32318398
>There was no hype before RS remakes eithe

There was, tho
>>
I enjoyed ORAS but I still don't think RSE should've been remade. It opened the floodgates for remaking every fucking game. Had they stopped at HGSS it would have made everything neat and tidy, you could transfer a Pokemon from RSE/FRLG all the way up to the current generation anyway.
>>
That's because DP feels newer, even if the time between original and remake will probably end up being the same as previous remakes. (2002/3-2014 vs 2006/7-20??)

Plus "that was my first gen" nostalgia is probably not in effect the way it was for the first 3 remakes.
>>
That's probably also due in part to the fact OR/AS sucked ass, along with Gen6 and Gen7, so no one has any hope that remakes of one of the worst gens could possibly be good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.