[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola is the best region. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: alola-region-e1464876207169.jpg (737KB, 3500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
alola-region-e1464876207169.jpg
737KB, 3500x1500px
Alola is the best region. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't. Why do I even bother with spoilers when you know what I'm going to say anyways?
>>
Alola is small and immensely lacking in complexity. It's streamlined to a fault and very boring.

The level design is indubitably the worst of any main game yet. The Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen alone have more dungeons, puzzles and even enterable buildings than the entire Alola region.
>>
File: 1478375338914.png (809KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478375338914.png
809KB, 1280x720px
>>32313357

Linear as fuck, no secrets, even things that look like they might be secret areas are either unexplorable (fuck that lighthouse) or are just a small room with an item.
Scenery is pretty good but that's all it is, there's no substance to it. One of the weakest Victory Roads, there's nothing but malasadas on TV, almost all towns have a big square of nothing as if they were too lazy to put a house there, and by the way there's like five towns, Po Town doesn't change in post-game. Divided in islands so you never feel like you've traveled far yourself with your Pokémon, instead you just took a boat and explored a bit then took another boat and repeat. Battle Maison 3, most new Pokémon are rare and you encounter mostly Kanto shit. No diving in fucking HAWAII. Why. No Bellossom.

Pretty sure I could go on but I think you got the point OP, Alola is a malasada that looks and probably smells good, but ultimately it tastes like shit.

And somehow, it's still better than Kalos. Fuck Kalos.
>>
one of the worst wild distributions in the series

>visit a set of islands expecting a lot of exotic mons
>find wingulls and kanto shit every other step
>>
File: low qulaity bait -.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
low qulaity bait -.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>32313470
>And somehow, it's still better than Kalos. Fuck Kalos.
(you)
>>
File: tumblr_mil86y8k2d1s1mxlko5_250.gif (10KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mil86y8k2d1s1mxlko5_250.gif
10KB, 160x160px
>>32313470
>Brings up good points
>Ruins it with one line
>>
File: 1480306110958.jpg (89KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480306110958.jpg
89KB, 360x360px
>>32313563
>>32313583
Sorry you got shit taste guys, I'm sure it can still be fixed.
>>
>>32313470
Nah, Kalos is way better
>>
>>32313598
No, anon. It is you who has shit taste. Everybody knows Alola is one of the smallest, most lazy regions ever. But I can't have you dissing my eastern Kalos routes because they're much better than any route in your tropical shithole.
>>
I can't and I won't.
Alola is GOAT region because hidden machines? wut dat is?
>>
File: 1481372441647.png (80KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1481372441647.png
80KB, 330x330px
>>32313629
Well, I'm French, so I think I know better than anyone else how much of a shithole Kalos is, though to be fair France isn't much better.

I'm joking around though, Kalos is probably a better region (not by much, because it's still pretty boring and doesn't have the scenery to go with it unlike Alola).
But I still think SM is a better game. Not a great game, still better.
>>
File: 1470793077715.jpg (33KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
1470793077715.jpg
33KB, 591x352px
>>32313673
>Well, I'm French,
BARBRA MANATEE
YOU ARE THE ONE FOR ME
SENT FROM UP ABOVE
YOU ARE THE ONE I LOVE
>>
I think XY are acceptable because they were the first 3D main games, so GF was still learning new stuff and had to do the models, customization, megas, Amie, PSS, etc., so comparing it to HGSS or BW / BW2 is unfair, being this the last and best of their generation.
SM, however, do feel rushed, as they had most things done (Pokemon models, mechanics, items) and they only had to do around 100 new models, customization is more like a recolor of everything, the islands feel really small, everything's just cutscnes, which make the game feel slow and short and don't let the story tell itself and, while they improved difficulty a bit from XY, it still feels empty with no trainer having over 4 Pokemon most of the time; also, the island challenge felt really simple, and only a few ones were fun to do.
Overall, SM had a lot of potential (specially with the whole UB stuff, the many islands possibilities, Aether Foundation, hell, even the Kanto cocksucking could have left some interesting things like Aether working on another Mewtwo, Alolan forms of other regions, more trainers in the battle tree, National Dex), but they finally fucked it up. Alola's only fun to explore (and only certain areas), but nothing else.
>>
Aethestic and style wise, it's probably the best.
Gameplay wise though...

>Claustophobic routes and little extra areas
>Small towns with no NPC houses
>Lots of water you cannot surf
>Lack of complex dungeons
>PokeRide is hardly used
>>
Hoenn > POWER GAP > Kanto > Sinnoh > Johto > POWER GAP > Kalos > Alola > Unova
>>
>>32313414
>>32313470
>>32313509
All correct

>>32313978
>half a region
>the best
>>
>>32313673
I think Kalos had nice scenery desu.
Laverre, Snowbelle, and Dendille or whatever it was were prettier than any Alola town
>>
Alola is literally the worst region and the low quality of the region itself is the main thing that drags the game down
>>
>>32313357
Well this thread was obviously made for you to attract "no alola is shit" posts, but it is genuinely one of my absolute favorite regions.

I can't go back to previous titles with the same vigor because I really like Alola.
>>
>>32313357
I actually checked the spoiler wondering if you said something else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.