/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dark type means evil type >every rat that learns bite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Black_Hole_Eclipse.png (94KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Black_Hole_Eclipse.png
94KB, 300x180px
>dark type means evil type
>every rat that learns bite as coverage can perform pic related.
>pic related has nothing to do with evil but rather with darkness itself.

Tasks

a) defend this.
b) were z moves the biggest desaster of the franchise?
>>
>>32311037
>desaster
>>
>>32311037
>were z moves the biggest desaster of the franchise?
YES FUCKING YES ALL DAY LONG
>>
File: OwO.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
OwO.png
8KB, 300x300px
>Pikachu can use Nasty Plot
>Pikachu can use Knock Off
>Pikachu can use Black Hole Eclipse
Evil! Pikachu is evil!
>>
>>32311037

>The user gathers dark energy using its Z-Power and sucks the target into it. The power varies, depending on the original move.

Dark energy =/= darkness.
>>
>>32311065
>What is a black hole?
>>
>we have these gems that boost the damage of an attack with a matching type but only once
>we should leave these out of the next game except the normal type one
>people complained about not having gems, we should make z-crystals in the next game instead of just fucking giving people gems
>>
>>32311065
This.
ITS A BLACK HOLE... OF EVIL

OP, you're overthinking it. It's Pokémon.
>>
Why is it so hard for people to understand that dark type also incorporates literal darkness?

There's a reason why Night Daze, Umbreon, and Cacturne exist.

The English name fits the type better than the Jap name does.
>>
>>32311122
>Umbreon

>With its black fur, it blends into the darkness. It bides its time, and when prey appears, this Pokémon goes for its throat, and then eats it.

>Cacturne

>It becomes active at night, seeking prey that is exhausted from the day's desert heat.

The evil description fits them.

The only Dark type Pokemon with any connection to actual darkness is Darkrai.

The Dark type had no association with darkness until Gen 4's Physical/Special split.
>>
Here is what I don't understand, if Absol is a kind pokemon that is simply misunderstood, why is it dark type?
>>
>>32311173

For exactly that reason. It has a negative reputation among humans due to being mistaken as the cause of the disasters it tries to warn them about, so it's classified as a Dark (Evil) type.
>>
>>32311191
But it isn't really evil. Does it matter how human classified it for its stabs?

>strong knock offs because misunderstood.
>>
>>32311037
>were z moves the biggest desaster of the franchise?
No.
They're the second worst disaster after Mega-Evolution.
>>
>>32311037
He's a heel wrestler
>>
File: IMG_3551.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3551.png
109KB, 550x550px
>>32311122
No, it really doesn't. Darkness has always been associated with Ghost type.
Dark type is more associated with dirty tricks and cruelty.

Dark moves associated with darkness
>Night Daze
>Dark Void
>Black Hole Eclipse

Ghost moves/abilities associated with darkness
>Shadow Ball
>Shadow Sneak
>Shadow Punch
>Night Shade
>Shadow Force
>Shadow Claw
>Shadow Bone
>Moongeist Beam (Shadow Ray in JP)
>Shadow Shield
>Spectral Thief
>Never Ending Nightmare

I bet you're one of those idiots who thought MarSHADOW would be something like a Dark/Fairy type.
>>
>>32311286
No, they put some effort in a few of the Megas at least.

>a single z-move for special and physical damage.
>all out pummeling focus blast alakazam.
>>
>>32311071
Lots and lots of gravity.
>>
>>32311407
Gravity is evil. Why else would it kill me after jumping off of a building? I just needed to get to the ground floor quickly.
>>
>>32311080
No, what happened was:
>These gem things are pretty strong
>I have an idea! Just like Mega Evolution, we should have "Mega moves!"
>We can't really have them alongside gems, though. That's redundant.
>How about, since we're working on both of these gens at the same time, we add mega evolutions in gen 6 and remove gems, and add Z-moves in gen 7!
>brilliant, Masuda. No one will ever know.
>>
>>32311212
>HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN TO ME
Absol is emo, that explains its association with Dark.
>>
GF expanded the concept of dark type to include literal darkness or absence of light starting with Gen 4 and Darkrai, maybe inspired by the spin that took over the West already.
>>
Honestly the reason they went with a black hole is because they probably couldn't think of anything related to "fighting dirty" that would look cool as a Z-move. They probably could have gone with "user summons a bunch of nondescript monsters to dogpile the target, and the user lands the finishing blow.
>>
>>32311080
Don't forget that they lowered the boost for gems as well.
>>
>>32311786
How about an idea that combines the literal darkness and the fighting dirty?

>The user shrouds the target's vision in darkness, and throws a barrage of strikes while the opponent is blinded.
>>
>>32311037
>pic related have nothing to do with evil
>>
I'm surprised it took Pokemon this long to come up with Z-Moves. It's such a common anime fight trope, the "ultimate attack."
>>
>>32311037
>desaster

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32311384
Shadow != darkness
>>
>>32311143
>>32311384
Dumb fucking idiots
Dark type fucking CLEARLY incorporates both the evil aspect of Darkness and literal darkness like night time and shit.
How is this even a fucking discussion?
>>
>>32312032
Before anyone whines, there are other things with an "Evil" type in Japan and they are treated the same way. It was never pure malevolence.
>>
>>32311037
>>pic related has nothing to do with evil but rather with darkness itself
D A R K T Y P E
A
R
K
T
Y
P
E
>>
>>32311037
They probably made it with Guzzlord and Necrozma in mind.
>>
>>32311037
A black hole is uncaring, destructive, and like a cosmic sized Crunch.
>>
Toxapex can use Supersonic Skystrike, that's the real issue here.
>>
>>32311143
>hunting to survive is evil
>every predatory animal in the world is evil
Vegans get out!
>>
>>32311037

this move suits incineroar hahahaha
>>
>>32311143
>The evil description fits them.
Cacturne is literally only dark type because it's nocturnal. Umbreon is literally only dark type because it evolves at night and has moon/shadow themes. Being predators doesn't make them dark type. Otherwise half the fucking Pokedex may as well be dark type.

>The Dark type had no association with darkness until Gen 4's Physical/Special split.
So what? It still has an association with darkness. It's not like anything post-gen 3 magically doesn't count.

>>32311384
>Dark moves associated with darkness
>Night Daze
>Dark Void
>Black Hole Eclipse

ok thanks for proving me right

>>32312032
>How is this even a fucking discussion?

Autism and flat out ignoring things that say otherwise because it doesn't fit their headcanon.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.