[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there will never be a pokemon game in which you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: ro5bn3v.png (161KB, 1001x938px) Image search: [Google]
ro5bn3v.png
161KB, 1001x938px
>there will never be a pokemon game in which you can visit every region
>>
Why

Why even is the point

GF couldnt even make visiting 2 regions compelling or interesting, nuGF can barely even manage one now
>>
>>32306499
>Sinnoh
>South of Hoenn
>literally confirmed to be north of Kanto and Jotho
>>
File: 1464824414004.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1464824414004.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
This is the most accurate game canon map
>>
File: 15453ae5220bc5d400700d8ed159bbf7.jpg (950KB, 2755x1000px) Image search: [Google]
15453ae5220bc5d400700d8ed159bbf7.jpg
950KB, 2755x1000px
>>32306499
Good. It would be a clusterfuck.

Though it does annoy me that there's no canon map. Even the anime has a map.
>>
If its mmo then I'd have no problem.
Make pokemon region & level locked.
Ex:If you catch Alola pokemon you can't use them in the other regions to battle the gym leaders.And once you enter another region you can only use certain level pokemon until you obtain the badges,but if you go back to the region were you have all badges then its fine.
>>
>>32306686
You know, I always wondered how the regions of the Pokemon world are laid out. All we know at this point is that Kanto and Johto are right next to each other, and that Kanto is a decent distance from Alola. How does the rest of it look?
>>
>>32307421
I suppose if you want to get down and dirty with theories, we did get a little easter egg in ORAS where the devs literally took Serebii's PokeEarth map and used it as a texture for a map on the wall in an NPC's house

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?637946-Serebii-net-Pok%E9mon-Omega-Ruby-amp-Alpha-Sapphire-Discovery-Thread&p=17524236#post17524236

I'd hardly call it "proof" that Serebii's map is "canon" but make of it what you will.
>>
>>32307421
Like earth.
There is literally a globe in S/M with our worlds geography on it but gives us the names of Pokemon regions instead.
>>
>>32307441
>tfw you make a theoretical Pokemon world map for Serebii and it ends up in a Pokemon game forever
must feel nice to be that guy
>>
What would be the point? Just play the games one after the other
>>
>>32307269
They could even use an excuse like, you can't bring your super powerful pokemon with you because you could let it escape and mess with the environment, so your only allowed to use what you can catch in that region until you have all your badges.
>>
>>32306499
>No Alola
Make it happen
>>
>>32307466
Those four islands south of Hoenn could definitely pass for Alola
>>
>>32307471
No, I meant make all regions but Alola happen.
>>
>>32307269
We know Kanto and Johto are next to each other
Sinnoh is north of Johto/Kanto
Hoenn is south of all other three
Unova is far away from the first four regions
And out of the six first regions, the closest one to Alola is Kanto

Basically just like their real-life locations
>>
>>32306499
>there will never be a pokemon game in which you can visit every region

>2nd generation
>just 2 regions
>GSC games
>you can travel from johto (1st region) to kanto (2nd region)
>all the available regions at this moment can be visit

So, fug you OP!
>>
File: autism.jpg (177KB, 1208x795px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
177KB, 1208x795px
>>32307492
>Basically just like their real-life locations
>the closest one to Alola is Kanto
It's actually Sinnoh
>>
>>32306499
>frozen wastes of north shinnoh
>Barely south of the equator.

This is the worst map.
>>
>>32306499
>No Humilau City in Unova
What autist made this?
>>
>>32307492
>the closest one to Alola is Kanto
stop justifying pointless kanto pandering.
>>
>>32308277
an autist that thought the northern part of sinnoh should be closest to the equator
>>
>>32306534
>orre near Ferrum
is it because of Shadow Mewtwo
>>
File: ferrovasion.jpg (210KB, 1940x876px) Image search: [Google]
ferrovasion.jpg
210KB, 1940x876px
>>32306499
everyone can make their own map :^)
>>
>>32307465
And you can't catch legendary pokemon but NPCs (like N,Giovanni & so on) can update your pokedex info on legendary pokemon by doing special tasks.
>>
>>32306534
>No Fiore
>Unova being that close to Kanto
It's shit.
>>
>>32307269
Just make outsider Pokémon follow the rules of traded Pokémon. They need badges in order to battle properly.
>>
>>32306499
Good, you'd only end up facing the same trainers and visiting places with the same purpose 7 times. That's boring.

What's wrong with wanting a NEW region instead?
>>
>>32307586
So, Sinnoh confirmed?
Nah.
>>
I always thought a game with all regions could start with you choosing where to start your journey in the beginning. Once you beat the E4 you get trip to a new region, and a new HM or something that lets you fly /teleport from one region you've been to to another.
The HM is very difficult for the Pokemon to use so you need to leave all your items and other team members in a pc / at home in that region to make it easy enough for the Pokemon to use the hm.
Every region (aside from Kan/Joh) have different PC servers so your pc changes based on region too. If you return to the previous region, your stuff will still be there. Meaning the only thing you keep from one region to the next is 1 Pokemon and your money. It's a new adventure from there to win a trip to another region.

That way each region is basically it's own game, with its own "save" in a way. Trading is still encouraged because someone playing in one region could trade a Pokemon to someone in another region where it's impossible to obtain the Pokemon there (you can't catch a Scraggy in Hoenn, and you can't bring over from Unova on your own, so you'd need to trade one)
>>
>>32306534

Unova isn't on the same continent as Kanto. Its on the other side of the world.
>>
>>32311741
>>32308842
Both of you are quite incorrect about Unova. We know Sinnoh is north of Kanto and Johto, and we know Unova is to the southeast of Sinnoh via land. This also is the only rational explanation for the invasive species in postgame/BW2
>>
>>32307492
I think:
Kanto and Johto are next to each other
Sinnoh is north of Johto / Kanto
Hoenn is south of all other three, I think it's more in the southeast coast, closer to Kanto (not really sources, but the anime and FR/LG point many Kanto-Hoenn references, as well as some events and stuff, but I might be wrong)
Unova is far away from the first four regions
Kalos isn't really far away from Hoenn, as there are, too, many references, the most notable one is that guy who went swimming from Hoenn to Kalos, and how Mr. Bonding only appears in those two regions (althought this isn't really relevant).
Alola is relatively close from Kanto, but we can't be really sure about that.
>>
>>32307492
>>32313403
Wrong. See >>32313251
>>
>>32306534
>Unova and Kalos being that close to the rest of the world
>>
>>32313417
Sinnoh is north of Kanto and Johto, and we know Unova is to the southeast of Sinnoh via land. This also is the only rational explanation for the invasive species in postgame/BW2

Kalos is confirmed to be connected to Sinnoh because of the train the professor takes from Sinnoh to Kalos. And since we know Kalos shares its coast with Hoenn, it puts it right next to Jotho, which geographically makes sense as well.
>>
>>32313411
Sorry for the stupid question, but... source? I haven't seen anywhere claiming Sinnoh and Unova are kinda close.
>>
>>32313421
>because of the train the professor takes from Sinnoh to Kalos
What?
>>
>>32313427
The Cave of Being in BW2.
>>
>>32313421
Also
>since we know Kalos shares its coast with Hoenn
What?
>>
>>32313435
Oh, now I remember. I only played BW2 once, so I barely remember some stuff, but now I remember this one. Yep, this counts as a reference.

>>32313434
>>32313441
I only remember Kalos and Hoenn not being really far thanks to that swimming dude who claims traveling between both regions, but maybe the train one is true, too.
>>
>>32313434
>>32313458
processor sycamore postgame.
ingame says that he used to work in sinnoh with rowan, than took train to kalos
>>
>>32313463
I think that does count. Maybe Kalos is between most regions?
>>
>>32306534
Shouldn't Alola be on the left side? When you check the globe in your room it mentions that even on such a tiny globe Kanto and Alola look awfully apart. Seems like they're almost at opposite ends.
>>
i just wish they make a region based on norway or denmark

or scandinavia in general
>>
File: XY_Professor_Sycamore.png (485KB, 814x1280px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Professor_Sycamore.png
485KB, 814x1280px
>>32313463
does he have hyperthreading?
>>
>>32307269
Also you can start your adventure at any region,have a secret hideout/house,pokemon contests make a return,pal park or have a pokemon walk with you everywhere.
>>
>>32306499

Good
>>
Sinnoh is Hokkaido you imbecile, should be north. It's Japan's Alaska.
>>
>>32306499
Start collecting ribbons from orre to alola it turns all the games into one big game

This is why i don' see the need for a game like that
>>
If there was a Pokemon game where you can visit every region, it should be an MMO.
>>
>>32314288
That would be a nice change of pace.
>>
>he doesn't own a game from every region and do this anyway
>>
>>32313251
>>32313435
The Cave of Being isn't evidence that Sinnoh and Unova are geographically close. It only proves that there's a cave system that goes from one to the other, but the sheer size and length of that cave system is unknown to us. Sinnoh and Unova may as well be on the opposite side of the planet to each other and still be connected by the Cave of Being. Also

>we know Unova is to the southeast of Sinnoh via land
This is absolutely bullshit.
>>
It's true that we'll never see a Pokémon game that has every region in it, but you can't deny that the series already has the foundation to make one.

FRLG has an entire mission revolving around how Pokémon Storage Systems are regional and cannot connect to others outside of their region. You have to help Celio and Bill finish their building-sized machine so that the Sevii Storage System and the Kanto Storage System can be accessed from both regions, a machine which requires huge gemstones to function.

By the time the Johto games takes place, the Kanto- and Johto Storage Systems have been connected too, just like the Sevii one. But no other systems in the rest of the world have been connected like this, which is evident with every region since having had an NPC who's the creator of their own region's Storage System.

In a Pokémon game with every region, all you have to do to solve all of the problems regarding levels, level-curves, Pokémon amount and being too OP too soon is to do exactly what FRLG did. Cut off inter-regional connection between the PCs and assign a mission to every region that connects their regional PC to an international one. That way every time the player travels to a new region, they'll be forced to leave their current Pokémon behind until they complete the region's PC mission (which would likely be around the 8th badge or right after the regional League).

And what about the player's party Pokémon? Just make inter-regional travel work by train/plane/ferry only and set up security rules mirroring how it would be in real life. Either no Pokémon allowed, or only Pokémon under a certain level/size/power allowed.

I'm not saying this to say that a game with all regions should be made, or would be perfect, or anything really. I'm just saying that the problematic around level-curves and players becoming too OP is solvable.
>>
>>32307509

Had orange islands at the time child.
>>
>>32308311
>everyone can make their own shitty map :^)
ftfy
>>
>>32306499
That would be a terrible fucking idea, for reasons that should be obvious to you
>>
File: 1486826649149.jpg (111KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
1486826649149.jpg
111KB, 800x558px
>>32313251
>This also is the only rational explanation for the invasive species in postgame/BW2

throwaway line as for why previous gen pokemon are now catchable in Unova. Same with the bullshit justification for all the previous gen pokemon flooding Hoenn after primal events in ORAS

They knew damn well they couldn't justify a sequel with the exact same pokedex, along with the theme of making nearly all pokemon catchable in a single gen. They'll probably do the same if XY were to ever get a remake years from now.

>The "radiation" caused from Lysandre's weapon almost going off has caused all kinds of foreign species to migrate to Kalos region, go fill that pokedex!

Just accept that GF doesn't give a single fuck about any real world building and would rather introduce garbage multiverse shit before even giving their fanbase a fucking world map.
>>
File: 39916.png (18KB, 506x296px) Image search: [Google]
39916.png
18KB, 506x296px
>>32314860
underrated post
>>
>>32315103
>Sinnoh and Unova may as well be on the opposite side of the planet to each other and still be connected by the Cave of Being.
Wrong
Very wrong
Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is the right one. By default, considering a cave connecting two nearby regions makes way more sense than a cave connecting opposite sides of the planet.
>>
>>32320360
Occam's Razor talks about the highest probability; it doesn't make categorical statements of right or wrong.
>>
alright what is this "sinnoh is north of kanto/johto" meme?
>>
>>32320427
Did you play the Sinjoh ruins event?

If you open the pokegear map, you are way up north
>>
>>32320444
doesn't it say you are just teleported there and it only gets the name from the connection between the 2 places? I don't think it implies they're bordering each other
>>
>>32320477
>>32320444
The Sinjoh Ruins (Japanese: シントいせき Shinto Ruins) are a location in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver that are not part of any known region.
>>
>>32320427
I'm assuming it's because the northern part of sinnoh is really fucking cold.
>>
>>32320506
but the most northern island (the post game content) is practically tropical, not to mention other parts of the region seem much more temperate or tropical compared to most of johto and kanto. In D/P anyway, but I see Platinum more as happening during the winter (whereas D/P any other season) rather than just being further north
>>
>>32320444
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinjoh_Ruins

>>32320427
>>32320477
They say the ruins are a blend of Johto & Sinnoh's cultures. It's possible because these are ruins that the cultures of Johto & Sinnoh stemmed from Sinjoh.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.