[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i put a nidoran M and a nidoran F in daycare the girl says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1466039382819.jpg (8KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
1466039382819.jpg
8KB, 200x196px
if i put a nidoran M and a nidoran F in daycare the girl says "They don't seem to like each other very much, though.", even though the wiki says they are same species.

Why?
>>
>>32302861
Are you sure it's Nidoran F and not one of its evolutions? Only the former can breed for some reason
>>
>>32302878
pretty sure, they are even giving eggs, but it takes forever
>>
>>32302894
It's an unfavorable matchup. Breeding will indeed still work, but it takes forever. This happens when their natures do not agree with each other. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>32302915
i dont know man, they are both timid.
its exasperating, i have already bred a full box and seems i have a long way to go
>>
File: 1472744438210.png (260KB, 433x408px) Image search: [Google]
1472744438210.png
260KB, 433x408px
>>32302925
>>32302915
could that be? beign timid they take longer to know each other or what?
fucking GF
>>
>>32302915
OH MY FUCK
I had heard that misinformation spreads like the plague around here by people that actually think shit is true without looking it up, but until today I hadn't seen it for myself.
Don't listen to this guy, OP >>32302861 He has no fucking idea what he's talking about.
LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH NATURES!

The point of the matter is that 'Species' is basically determined in pokemon by 'Pokedex Number'.
From Nido's Bulbapedo page;
>Despite the addition of genders in all Pokémon starting in Generation II, the two variations of Nidoran remained separate species, rather than a singular species that splits down different evolution paths based on gender.
>When an Egg is produced from Nidoran and Ditto parents, the gender ratio of the Egg favors the gender of the non-Ditto parent by an unknown margin.
>A Nidoran Egg has a chance of hatching into a Nidoran when bred with a non-Nidoran compatible father.

Which means a nidoran male + female still technically counts as separate species, and since (I assume) they're both the same OT, that's why you end up with the 20% (40% with oval charm!) chance.
>>
>>32302941
still fuck GF
>>
>>32302941
i though the species was the category next to the name in the pokedex.
in wich both nidoran are Poison Pin Pokémon
>>
>>32302950
>doesn't understand mechanics
>does their own thing anyway
>spreads wrong information
>gets told the correct information
>"still fuck GF"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Yeah, the game mechanics consider them separate species when everything else says they're not.

Do not expect sense to be made of this. There are countless flaws just like this one.
>>
>>32302957
Damn TCG.
Causing this confusion since 1998, i fucking swear.

According to Bulbapedo, those descriptors are simply called the Pokemon's "Category"
"Species" used to be what the category was listed as, on the cards.
I honestly thought the same thing for a long time.
But when the breeding page says 'same species' they mean blubasaur + bulbasaur, NOT bulbasaur + ivysaur.
Hope that clears things up.

Further reading:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_category
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_(species)
>>
>>32302964
i did not spread wrong information, im the OP xd
>>
>>32302965
>There are countless flaws just like this one.
Why is this a flaw?
Also, Like what? What other flaws are there?
and nice try on the samefaggotry, but we all know you're >>32302950 too >_>
>>
>>32302861
I'm the same species as you, that doesn't mean I have to like you chucklefuck.
>>
>>32302987
I admitted I was wrong, what do you want from me!?

Anyway, Gameplay and Story Segregation. I don't think I need to explain it, pokemon is pretty much Gameplay and Story Segregation: the Series.
>>
>>32302976
I don't understand why 'fuck GF' then.
I will be the first to admit that the way that they present mechanics fucking sucks (they STILL haven't even acknowledged IVs exist outside the 'stats judges', as an example) but I don't understand why you not understanding the mechanics = fuck GF.
>>
>>32302987
yes, this >>32302950 is me, but this >>32302915 is not me. On the other hand , all this >>32302861
>>32302894
>>32302925
>>32302940
>>32302950
>>32302957
>>32302976
is me
>>
>>32303008
fuck GF because even though they should clearly be same species they are not, and that makes them have eggs 0.04% per step
>>
>>32303033
While this could be fixed using alternate form logic, it would mean rewriting the dex list entirely. They refuse to do this because legacy. I could even make an argument for all things related by evolution are also the same species, as evidenced by the matter that what hatches from their eggs regardless of evo state is the base form. They are all considered separate by the game's mechanics. True, I know this would be highly controversial, but I'd rather have consistency than to maintain an arbitrary number count that NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO ANYMORE. I'm pretty dag sure Digimon stopped caring about numbers FAR before this!
>>
>>32303001
>I admitted I was wrong
You did? I missed that. ;p
>pokemon is pretty much Gameplay and Story Segregation: the Series.
I concur; but I do have to devil's-advocate by saying that the Anime technically is a separate 'story' so taking anything from that and applying it to gameplay elements won't work.

>>32303033
>>32303015 et al
I mean, I agree with the central point you're making.
I honestly think that tauros + miltank should be the same species, as well (connected via a baby pokemon).
But the breeding mechanics is basically going off of pokedex number, and tweaking that to make the nidoran thing 'fit' seems like way more trouble than it's worth.
Rather than saying 'fuck GF' while trudging through the low percent chance; I- personally- would like to get to know the mechanics well enough so that I can force higher percent chances more frequently (easy examples; have someone hatch a nidoran for you to breed with, or use a different OT ditto. Either would bump you up to 50% (80%) chance for an egg, up from 20% (40%).
(parenthesis numbers are with oval charm)
>>
>>32303110
I didn't say the anime was the story. The mechanics go against things that are stated by the game itself.
>>
They are considered different species by the game, and that's a penalty for egg production speed.

The Nidos are prime examples that Game Freak should retcon old shit. How does Meowstic get to be one species, but Nidos can't.
>>
>>32303139
Sauce?
Don't take me as being (TOO MUCH OF) a douche, but where in the game does it ever say that a male and a female nidoran need to be able to punch out eggs as fast as a male and a female shinx?

Point me to an example of in-game dialogue directly contradicting a gameplay mechanic and I will gladly relent, but right now I'm just not seeing it.
>>
>>32303169
Simple. There are dex entries directly stating that they are opposite gender counterparts to each other.
>>
File: 1484409166824.png (341KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484409166824.png
341KB, 800x800px
>>32302997
Kek
Can we still be friends though, anon?
>>
>>32303151
Because pokedex numbers.
Not even just the hectic cluster-fuck that would be transferring pokemon between generations where their index number changed; but I know there are a lot of literal autists out there that would scream because 'MEW ISN'T FUCKING 151 ANYMORE I GOT THAT TATTOO FUCK YOU REEEEE' or some such bullshit that I honestly don't see it ever happening.
>>
>>32303175
so are volbeat and illusmise.

In the exact same way; either could come out of an egg.
But they are different enough to have different names and abilities, not simply different pokedex numbers.

But again; none of this has absolutely any-fucking-thing to do with the rate a pokemon lays eggs.
>>
Male nidorans are soo girly looking. I don't know why they were designed with pink as their primary color.
>>
>>32303110
while its true i can get a nidoran from other trainer that has perfect stats, getting just the first one was crazy difficult, i will guess because i dont mostly have anything people want
>>
>>32303250
and the one i got doesnt have the stats, just the HA
>>
>>32303151
That Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed but the Nidorans, Nidorino and Nidoking can just speaks of GF being awful.
>>
>>32303209
If you want to split hairs, no, no part of the game explains this, ever. In fact, I'm not sure if ANY part of breeding is directly explained by the game. It's just something we know the game mechanics to do. I guess it's a technicality, but it also means that while breeding does exist according to lore, there is no explanation for any part of it.
>>
>>32303272
It's not splitting hairs- it's literally the point I've been trying to make the entire time.
Breeding mechanics haven't ever been explicitly stated, in game.
We are all applying unofficial terms to things that GF probably doesn't even want us knowing the math to, and then arguing about what does or does not sit right via the lore.
What I've been trying to say is that there literally is no relevant lore.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.