[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Game Freak's decreasing number of new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9100.png (74KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9100.png
74KB, 1136x640px
What do you think of Game Freak's decreasing number of new Pokemon each gen?
>>
>>32298617
I hope it gradually gets larger

or just gets larger in general

But make all of them be at least somewhat memorable
>>
File: Pokemon Numbers.png (383KB, 849x1315px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Numbers.png
383KB, 849x1315px
>>32298617
I'm fine with it. The pokedexes are shit though, we shouldnt have more Kanto mons than new mons, and Kalos was way too big
>>
>>32298655
They should just go full Unova and make the new dex the only avaliable until postgame where a few mons from other gens are throw in, would shake the meta pretty hard too
>>
File: IMG_9031.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9031.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>32298681
This is exactly what I want but sadly that strategy didn't generate enough hype among normies and nostalgiafags so odds are we'll just get more Gen 1 shilling.

>>32298655
The high amount of Gen 1 Pokemon in the past two gens is fucking disgusting
>>
File: nmagik_288.png (65KB, 158x190px) Image search: [Google]
nmagik_288.png
65KB, 158x190px
>>32298655
>Gen 7
>yfw Gen 1 mons outnumber Gen 7 mons in Gen 7
>>
>>32298709
>The high amount of Gen 1 Pokemon in the past two gens is fucking disgusting
Megas. Regional variants. What did you expect?
>>
>>32298655
>>32298758
>gen 1 has the most Poison types of any generation
>most of them are shitmons
>every other gen since has had a much smaller amount of new Poison types
I'm upset
>>
Fine if the Mons themselves are good. Gen 7 had a lot of strangely specific animal inspirations, which I liked.
>>
>>32298782
>frilled lizard
>weedy sea dragon
>pistol shrimp
>fennec fox
>Japanese robin that becomes a peregrine falcon on fire
>Amargasaurus
>lou carcolh (I know it's not real, but whatever)
you are right my friend

I also like how gen 7 did this
>>
One of the reasons gens 3 and 5 are my favorites, with Black being my favorite game, is because of the large dexes with mainly new mons, and especially BW's dex lock. Unova jad the eight idea, but people bitched hard and now we're screwed.

Also I'm the type of person who dislikes using old mons on their team in a new region. You can only imagine how my Kalos and Alola runs went since I don't count megas and alola forms as new mons.
>>
>>32298922
People have bitched that hard about every single generation since gen 3. There is no most hated gen. There are two kinds of people on this board: those that hate every generation except genwun, and those who simply hate every generation
>>
>>32298758
I expected them to give those to other Gens?

>>32298681
>>32298709
This would be a bit too much IMO, a good split like BW2 would be better this late in the game
>>
>>32298655
BUT CHARIZARD! AND MEWTWO! PLEASE GIVE US MONEY!!

Fuck off already, I'm sick and tired of genwun. Why are people so autistic about change?
>>
>>32298617
Maybe you just be grateful for the Pokemon you have instead of wanting more. Why, when I was a kid, we only had 151 pokemon and we were damn thankful to have them.
But in all seriousness, it's about slowing power creep and cutting down on the number of redundancies. You don't wanna just keep flooding a game with new characters if you want it to have a balanced competetitive experience. Look at mobas as an example of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>32299048
I don't think that's what he meant bro. He was talking about their actual dexes, not their new mons.
>>
For some reason, GameFreak really doesn't want to break 1000 Pokemon.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gen 8 only had 30-50 Pokemon but a fuckload of whatever the next gimmick is for older Pokemon.
>>
>>32299074
How does that not fit with what's being said?
>>
>>32299107
I thought you were telling him to fuck off already. I see now that it was a rhetorical suggestion for genwunners. oopsies.
>>
>>32299074
No it fit with what I said.. The actual dexes shouldnt have more kanto than new because Kanto has had too much
>>
>>32299130
Right, I thought the "BUT CHARIZARD! AND MEWTWO! PLEASE GIVE US MONEY!!"
was meant to be an impression of your post. My bad
>>
Bad. Do they not realise that the main reason people buy the new games is for the pokemon themselves? It's not even a matter of quality > quantity since gen 7's designs were very hit or miss.
>>
>>32299048
>BUT CHARIZARD! AND MEWTWO!
>Charizard and Mewtwo are not even in the Alola dex

Really makes you ponder.
>>
>>32298984
I'd definitely prefer regional dexes whose distribution of foreign mons is rather equal like they did with B2W2. Alola's bias towards Kanto was insane.
>>
>>32298617
>decreasing number of new Pokemon each gen?
What did you mean by this?
>151
>100
>135
>107
>156
>72
>81
>>
File: Pheromosa.png (463KB, 937x1280px)
Pheromosa.png
463KB, 937x1280px
>>32299059
It seemed like that this gen, right? And then they went full fucking ham and added this thing and Tapu Lele/Koko.
>>
>>32301359
I mean, the dropoff from gen 5 and under to gen 6 and 7 is fucking insane. It's obvious they're trying their fucking hardest to drag out their time before hitting 1000.
>>
File: 1485138923377.jpg (120KB, 850x805px)
1485138923377.jpg
120KB, 850x805px
>>32298617
>decreasing
Gen 7 had a total of 99 new Pokemon. That is just one less than Generation II, which introduced 100. And this does not include forms like Lycanroc or Oricorio. If the number of Pokemon that decreased by one in six Generations, then I don't give a single fuck and neither should you.
>>
>>32301392
Are you counting Alolan forms? Those aren't new pokemon. It should be more like this anon's post

>>32301359
>>
>>32301397
Wait, why wouldn't you count Alolan forms? They are new Pokemon, with new design, new stats, new types and new everything. They're more new than cross-generation evolution, at least.
>>
File: rotom wash.jpg (33KB, 300x234px)
rotom wash.jpg
33KB, 300x234px
>>32301405
They're literally Kanto pokemon with new designs. Alolan Dugtrio is still Dugtrio, just a different form. Are we counting Rotom-Wash as a different pokemon because it has new stats, typing, moves and design, too?
>>
>>32298617
I don't really care much.

I'm not opposed to new Pokémon at all and am happy to pick up a few new favourites every gen, but it's never the main appeal and selling point to me. Far from it.

I'm always looking forward for new content to do with my old Pokémon. More ribbons to collect, fun minigames like the Pokéathlon and facilities like the White Treehollow. Those are the things I look forward to the most.
>>
>>32301405
>Alolan FORMS
That's why.
>>
>>32301411
No, because it requires the original Pokemon to exist. it's a form. It is connected to Rotom. That isn't the case with any of Alolan forms.
Okay, I won't count them. Just give me a good reason not to. Are you going to not consider the elemental monkeys different Pokemon, because they're "literally the same Pokemon with new design"? What about the Genies?
>>
>>32301420
The monkies have different names and pokedex numbers, they're separate pokemon. Same with the genies. Alolan Meowth is just a form, just like how Gastrodon-east and west are. They all have the same pokedex number and name, they are the same pokemon.
>>
>>32301431
Only the Pokedex number matters. Got it. Regardless of whether the Pokemon is a completely new one.

I won't call them new Pokemon in front of you, then. I still consider them new Pokemon, as they have almost zero connection to the Kanto Pokemon. Alolan Raichu is exactly the same thing as Bellossom was. A Pokemon that got a split evolution in a different Generation. The new evolution has different type, stats, moves, ability. Everything is different. To me, Alolan Raichu is as much of a new Pokemon as Bellossom. I got a new Pokemon to play with.

If your concern is the decreasing number of Pokemon that get new dex numbers, then I guess Generation 7 was pretty bad for you. If you just want new Pokemon to play with, then it wasn't. It was the same it's always been.
>>
>>32301452
That's a decent compromise. Objectively, they aren't new pokemon, but for gameplay purposes, they feel like them.
>>
File: 1484974796099.jpg (60KB, 450x425px)
1484974796099.jpg
60KB, 450x425px
>>32298617
I'm ok with getting less Pokemob as long as the designs are good. That said. I honestly feel like at 802 monsters and the fact we are starting to see Gamefreak limiting the amount of Pokemon needed to complete a Pokedex. I wouldn't be upset if the next generation didn't introduce any new Pokemon and just used the ones we have now. New region, new gyms, new plot, but just use the Pokemon we have now. Hell, make the starters different types than Fire, Grass, and Water or better yet just give the player an Eevee to start the game with like in XD:Gale of Darkness.

Pic mildly related.
>>
>>32301417
Too bad Sun and Moon had none of that. I collected all Ribbons last gen, but I can't be bothered to put up with Sun and Moon's bland and repetitive challenging
>>
>>32301544
Yeah, really. The amount of continued playability to that game was just pathetic. After you do the UB quest, there's basically nothing left to do or explore besides the standard catch the legendaries (this time without any real dungeons), finish the dex, play the shitty battle tower clone and the heavily gimped online.
>>
>>32301567
This. Could this be the end of good Pokemon postgames?
>>
File: IMG_1408.jpg (39KB, 602x757px)
IMG_1408.jpg
39KB, 602x757px
>mfw when I like gen 1 mons a lot, so I'm okay with the abundance of gen 1 mons

>inb4 genwunner
>>
>>32303219
genwunner
>>
>>32301452
>Only the Pokedex number matters
Yes, that literally is all that matters. ANything else is how you feel, but literally and officially, the dex number is what is important.

They have the same BST, same dex number, same name, are breedable with each other and you cant have the old one and new one on the same team because the game considers them the same pokemon.

Hell, not even all the alola forms have new stats.

And this has only arised in Gen 7 so that people can pretend the number is larger. We never had people trying to make Meostic multiple pokemon despite having different movesets and abilities, we never had people making the different forms of Burmy and Wormodan different, and I'm not going to consider these new either.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.