[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think about the worst designed pokemon in your personal opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 455Carnivine.png (727KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
455Carnivine.png
727KB, 1280x1280px
think about the worst designed pokemon in your personal opinion
got it?
are you sure?
now that pokemon is a digimon instead, how do you feel about it now?
>>
>>32291909
>garbodor
there won't be any designs in pokemon that I genuinely hate then
>>
>>32291909
Watchog makes a pretty ugly digimon, but not in a good way like Numemon.
That or Jynx, which would be a pretty unremarkable digimon.
>>32291932
What's wrong with Garbodor? Solid member to complete the trash trio.
>>
>Aromatisse
...To be honest, it actually does fit in a little better over there, if only because they can get away with more, and such a drastic change from its first stage to this isn't unheard of.
>>
>>32291940
it just looks bad, even the aromatisse line looks better
>>
>>32291909
>metagross
It could work
>>
>>32291909
Lucario

everything is better forever and Pokemon as a whole is improved by at least 45%
>>
>>32291944
But what about it looks bad? It's the solid member of the liquid and gas pollution trio, and has a strange trash bear aesthetic.
>>
>>32291973
>Muk is liquid
>Weezing is gas
>Garbodor is solid
where's my astronomical plasma space junk Pokemon
>>
>>32291980
gen 8
Actually I don't think that they'll revisit the concept of pollution based creatures after the backlash Garbodor caused. The best you'll get is oil slick A-muk.
>>
>Heatran
Makes sense. It looks more like an Adult though that would eventually become Volcdramon or Volcanicramon.
Or hell, it already looks like a fire-type Raremon.
>>
>>32292010
Raremon is a good boy
>>
>Incineroar
heh
>>
File: eh.jpg (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
136KB, 500x500px
>>
>>32292016
I do like Raremon.
>>
File: Devimon_b.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Devimon_b.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
>>32292025
That really makes me wonder, why do so many digimon have extensive veining or hyperdetailing?
>>
>>32292026
you're a good boy then
>>
>>32292041
It's just that artist's form of stylization. You'll also notice that shaded areas and objects set back a certain distance become shaded fully black. It's a particular technique used to evoke a more "90's extreme" or comic book style. But they don't have to be there; when they appear animated by Toei in the 90's cartoon you can tell they're the same character; that artist simply chose to make the defining character art stand out a bit more.
>>
>>32291953
even by 200%
>>
>>32292065
I just find the amount of belts amusing in addition to it, man did Digimon love belts back in the day, I have no idea what modern Digimon is like.

I only really noticed this style of art in the cards though. Okuwamon was one of my favorites in this regard about the wrinkles and pockmarks.
>>
>>32291909
>fennekin
Well... at least I can pretend it's part pf a franchise I don't care about
>>
>>32292127
I actually think that was the artist trying to emulate Tetsuya Nomura. Characters like Devimon suit having shittons of belts (being restrained/fallen, etc) but then you get characters like Bearmon who have belts on them for no reason at all. I think it was just a late 90's early 2000's thing. But the more "extreme" art style played a part in making Digimon the more "grown up" of the two franchises for the short time they were proper rivals.
>>
>>32292164
Huh, I never thought about it that way. I am happy that Digimon is still alive though, it's one of the few old monster collector franchises to survive to the modern era. It has an unforgettable artstyle for that first generation of it, belts and all. Come to think of it, Yu-Gi-Oh used fuckloads of belts too so I think you're onto something there.
>>
File: Fairy-Grass Type.jpg (34KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy-Grass Type.jpg
34KB, 500x583px
>>32292041
>>32292065
There's also a common factor among digimon: opposed to (some) pokémon, normally the more powerful they get, the more humanoid-looking they become. A pretty good way to tell if a digimon's reached their perfect or ultimate form is by how human they look.
>>
>>32291909
>shitting on carnivine
you tasteless fuck, he's perfect
>>
>>32292495
They also get fancier clothing a lot of the time, or get guns/bigger guns.
I can't remember how it went, something-champion-ultimate-mega?
>>
>>32292534
I think it was, going Eng/Jap, something like Baby/Training - Training/Training 2 - Rookie/Child - Champion/Adult - Ultimate/Perfect - Mega/Ultimate - Mega 2/I have no idea
>>
File: 900px-776Turtonator.png (498KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
900px-776Turtonator.png
498KB, 900x900px
I can see it working.
>>
File: 250px-569Garbodor.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-569Garbodor.png
67KB, 250x250px
>>32291944
How can you not love that face? He's one of my favorites from gen 5
>>
File: tumblr_mqp6moTF5S1ruo4imo1_400.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqp6moTF5S1ruo4imo1_400.gif
2MB, 300x300px
Not too weird.
>>
>>32293089
I can't help but think this design would be better with more depth to the trash, rather than having a bunch of pink and blue rocks in it.
Maybe replace the "ears" with something like the pipes too.
>>
Lucario.

It's a perfect Digimon
>>
File: #.jpg (32KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
#.jpg
32KB, 543x405px
>"I don't like it because it's ugly so it's poorly designed"
>>
>>32293041
there was a mega 2?
>>
>>32293089
I really like Garbodor's garbage bag motif - the idea of the bag splitting from Trubbish is brilliant. But >>32293113 is right in that
>rather than having a bunch of pink and blue rocks in it.
The pink and blue shit looks fucking trash, no pun intended. They don't evoke "rubbish" at all, it just looks out of place and weird.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.