[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this used on anything that was actually designed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: eviolite.png (301B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
eviolite.png
301B, 24x24px
Is this used on anything that was actually designed with an evolution in mind?
>>
>>32287059

Nope
>>
>>32287059
Chansey and that's just about it.
>>
>>32287059
Chansey and Porygon 2, thats it
>>
>>32287368

Chansey was originally a single stage pokemon so not even that.

The only thing I see it used on that wasn't a fully-evolved pokemon when it debuted was Ferroseed. You see it on some second stage starters like Wartortle / Marshtomp / Quilladin in the basement tiers as well but as far as anything above RU I can't think of anything else.
>>
Numel
>>
>>32287391

Actually scratch that, there's also Doublade and Gurdurr. Still not high-tier examples but they're probably worth mentioning.
>>
Clefairy used to run it in doubles, because of Friend Guard and Follow Me. I doubt it still sees use.
>>
What are Doublade and Combusken? 'mons who's final evolution are in ubers. Also Little Cup is still a thing. Or Trumbeak if you want SPEED
>>
>>32287059
I'm fairly sure its original design was "something useful to have ingame while you have lots of middle stage pokemon, and so if you like the middle stage more than the final you can keep using it late game"

game freak can't design competitively so I doubt they had any thoughts in mind for that

>>32287439
you see it in VGC every now and again
>>
>>32287439
Clefairy is on most Extreme Evoboost teams but not much else.
>>
>>32287059
Slowbro
>>
>>32287059
I always felt it was for people mid-game so they could have bulkier pokemon. I don't think they thought this would get much use, and they blatantly did not realize that gross-gen evos would be now a thing of the past because of it.
>>
Scyther occasionally gets usage with eviolite but the 4x Rock weakness hurts him.Scizor is partially present in the coding for red and blue so there was an evolution in mind :)
>>
Doublade in UU.
>>
Give me 1 good reason why eviolite doesn't also stop evolution like everstone

Why not merge the two items into one
>>
>>32291079
Passing on natures when breeding? Or would you just roll that into Eviolite as well?
>>
>>32288826
>Scizor is partially present in the coding for red and blue
Missingnos turning into gen 2 Pokemon that have the same internal number when traded over to GSC doesn't mean they were intended to be those Pokemon.
>>
Dusclops
>>
>>32287059
Piloswine in PU/NU
>>
؜>>32287059
Doublade
>>
>>32287059
Could be done on type:null assuming it gets recover via tutor.
>>
>>32287380
We're once final stages.

>>32291378
While you're correct, some were obviously planned but not finalized. The like 9leg hitmontop for instance. Or marill.
>>
>>32293492
Are you Porygon 2 or Chansey?
>>
>>32291290
That might be nice, actually.
>>
>>32288805
They made it in gen 5 which was right after the gen that was heavily criticized for it's cross gen evos so I think it was on purpose. Their way of saying "ok we're sorry we'll stop". Would shelgon be ok with it? I don't play competitive.
>>
>>32287059
Depends on how far down in tiers you go.

Arguably chansey since most of gen 2 are just gen 1 rejects.
Duoblade.
Golbat, I suppose. Same reason as chansey.
Ferroseed, Gurrdurr are blights on NU (in gen 6 anyway)
Machoke and Vigoroth are both banned from PU in gen 6.
>>
>>32287059
Only Doublade. Showderp likes to use Golbat which had its evo at the time Eviolite was made.
>>
File: image.png (178KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
178KB, 400x300px
in game i like using it on my poliwhirl
>>
>>32294159
Everything that has a cross gen evo had it's evo when eviolite was made.
>>
>>32287059
Doublade, Service, and Ferroseed. Type: Null maybe if it finds its niche in PU or whatever when the tiers solidify.
>>
>>32287059
bayleef
>>
>>32294296
>Doublade, Service, and Ferroseed.
>Service

which pokemon is this?
>>
>>32296469
The dumb phoneposter you replied to probably means Servine.
>>
>>32294293
This. I feel like it was made for cross gen evos.
>>
Doublade is a pretty good eviolite user.

Wartortle and Quiladin saw some use in PU and NU. Combusken was even banned for having too much synergy with Xatu.

Ferroseed's always been a good eviolite user too. I once tried eviolite Pawniard and it was surprisingly effective.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.