[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me the appeal of generation 1. Don't discuss anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 22

File: 250px-081Magnemite.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-081Magnemite.png
38KB, 250x250px
Tell me the appeal of generation 1. Don't discuss anything. Just tell me what makes generation 1 stand over other gens.
>>
>>32284425
Nostalgia
>>
desu i only play gen 1 if i want to mess around with glitches,
I don't have any nostalgia for it since my parents didn't buy me video games until the gba was out.
>>
Better designs that felt more like fictional creatures instead of anime versons of animals.

More emphasis on exploration. In gen 1 you could take multiple paths and still make progress, there's no handholding aside from the drunk guy teaching you to catch pokemon, and the legendaries were things you had to go out of your way to find through exploring instead of the story shoving them in your face.
>>
>>32284425
Klefki did not exist back then.
>>
>>32284431
This, I really like gen 1.
>>
>>32284425
No fairy types
>>
>>32284425
Better designs.
>>
>>32284425
No-one can say it was worse than the previous generation because there wasn't one
>>
>>32284425
I could you even ask it?
Gen 1 defined what a Pokémon is. So it's normal that lot of us "Genwunners" keep saying that things they do now "don't like like Pokémon".
>>
>>32284425
The first, original, and most genuine generation of pokemon there is
>>
File: 1488676876263.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488676876263.png
9KB, 454x288px
>>32284474
>>32284457
well ya got me there
>>
>>32284456
>instead of anime versons of animals.
That's exactly what gen 1 designs are.
>>
>>32285040
Squirtle, Rattata, Vulpix, Meowth, Tauros, Goldeen, and so on aren't just cartoony version of real animals, they're original monsters, even keeping their simplicity.
>>
>>32285073
All of those except maybe Meowth which is just a generic japanese cartoon are real life animals with one or two characteristics attached.
This is why gen 1 is boring and gen 2 is the best.
>>
>>32285116
And that was made a Pokémon a Pokémon.

But i think that Gen 2 is amazing too.
>>
File: 1491484260160.jpg (88KB, 540x436px) Image search: [Google]
1491484260160.jpg
88KB, 540x436px
>>32284425

Some of us actually started with gen I. It was amazing for the nostalgia. Everyone on the school yard had red or blue and a set of the cards. It was the best of times.

A lot of you here didnt. So its hard to understand.

Gen I actually had some challenge to it. I say some. But it was a lot more than gen II or III. Mons were actually hard to catch without false swipe or mean look. Abra was a bitch. The safari zone was fucked. Mewtwo the legendary had recover making it actually hard without the masterball. There was no autistic shiny hunting. The tv show was just taking off. No breeeing meant that some pokemon were very hard to get. Ie. Cant breed starters and trade with friends.

I remember one day a kid on the play ground had a bunch of mews from his older brothers gameshark. He told us all to bring our gameboys on wednesday. Everyone did and he just handed the mews out for pidgeys. Everyone lost their minds. That was the happiest i have seen friends ever.

The game was harder too. Didnt hold your hand. And the surprise of beating the elite four only to have to beat ONE MORE at the end was the first time for the series. The rest you already know theres a champion too. Little stuff like that.

I miss those days. You kids will never understand.
>stopped playing at gen III tho before people freak out
>>
A lot of it is definitly nostalgia, but I feel the monster designs of Gen I also has a certain charming simplicity to it. Additionally, a lot of designs seem to be just nondescript monsters for the most part (Snorlax, Rhydon or Magmar for example). The monsters are also rendered with more complex shapes.

But then there's also a few designs like Dewgong, Krabby or Tauros that are just sort of boring.

So I can appreciate the older designs for their strong points, I'm also glad newer designs seem to have a lot more thought put into a theme they're supposed to represent.
>>
>>32285683
>gen 1
>hard

Stop posting any time.
>>
>>32285733

>nondescript
>Snorlax is clearly a bear
>Rhydon is clearly a rhinoceros

???
>>
File: 1402015011910.png (44KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1402015011910.png
44KB, 349x349px
>>32284425
Younger players can never understand. That's not meant as an insult, it's a basic truth. So much of what gen 1 was is wrapped up in the zeitgeist of the time, things that could never be reproduced even if Game Freak somehow managed to cause another wave of Pokemania.

There were so many myths. Bill's secret garden, the Pokegods, Mew under the truck. The internet was rudimentary and full of lies that only furthered the myths. What's more, the games themselves hinted at a bigger world- Mew's truck was real, and of the Pokegods Missingno and his variants actually did exist. Despite the limitations of the cartridges, Gen 1 felt boundless in the minds of the kids who played it.

It's also why oldfags love Mega Evolution. Mist Stones came true. Absolutely mindblowing for anyone who lived through Pokémania.
>>
>>32284425
nowadays mostly nostalgia, and also being the quickest games to replay. Back then there was also a huge social aspect to it, since almost every kid was into pokemon in a way or another
>>
I want the old art style to come back
>>
>>32285683
>>32285771
I love you guys, I finally feel that there's someone here who can actually understand how I feel.

And you're right - it's not their fault though, they've just born too late - but kids who didn't live in the PokéMania (basically those who weren't 10 in 1999-2000) will never understand us.

Gen 5 ruined everything by the way (just a reminder).
>>
>>32285116

Except Gen II was always meant to be a continuation of Gen I. It's the whole reason you got all those Gen II cameos in the first couple seasons of the anime (Up to and including Ho-Oh in *episode 1*.

That said, >>32285771, >>32285683
and >>32284601 pretty much hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>32285040
>Bulbasaur line
>both Nido line
>Mankey line
>Jigglypuff line
>Clefairy line
>Diglett line
>Abra line
>Machop line
>Slowpoke line
>Cubone line
>Magmar
>Hitmonlee
>Chansey
>Scyther
>Kangaskhan
>Eevee
>Snorlax
>Mewtwo

Nope.
>>
>>32284425
Best Pokémon designs, and the best development philosophy.
>>
>>32285758
>>Snorlax is clearly a bear
It's not "clearly" a bear. It has vague similarities to a bear but it's not very obviously just a cartoon bear like Ursaring or Beartic is.

>rhinos have dinosaur parts
Yeah ok
>>
>>32288488
>a rhino-looking creature called rhyhorn can't possibly be inspired by actual rhinoceroses
I know this is bait, but fuck, put some effort into it next time
>>
>>32288516
it's inspired by a rhinoceros. But it's not a cartoon rhinoceros as if they had designed it in a modern gen.
>>
>>32284425
Being a normie
>>
>>32285771
This is the best post.
>>
>>32284425
Nostalgia and pokemania. That's about it. It's why kids these days won't get why they're so overhyped and why genwunners can't really look at it objectively.
>>
>>32285683
my nigga.
It was the best of the times.
>>
>>32288428

Nidoran male distinctly resembles a rabbit and the female a mouse

Scyther is a praying mantis

Eevee is a fox.

It's almost like Pokemon have *always* been a mix of fantastic takes on regular animals alongside utterly outlandish designs.
>>
>>32285938

Ruined everything how? I mean I'd say Gen V was the least engaging for me to play through, but I'm curious what exactly you mean when you say "ruined everything"
>>
>>32290017
>Nidoran male distinctly resembles a rabbit and the female a mouse
rabbits don't have horns and poisonous spines. Their evolutions resemble rabbits even less.

>Scyther is a praying mantis
Yeah because of its coloration, scythes, and typing. Literally everything else about it looks nothing like a praying mantis.

>Eevee is a fox.
No. It's a fictional quadruped creature. It doesn't look any more like a fox than it does a cat or a dog.

>It's almost like Pokemon have *always* been a mix of fantastic takes on regular animals alongside utterly outlandish designs.
Right now Pokemon are cartoon animals. In gen 1 they were fictional creatures with vague similarities to real world animals.
>>
>>32290045
Because he's a genwunner with no real points
>>
>>32290046

Okay. Care to give me some examples of these recent Pokemon that are "just" cartoon animals?
>>
File: 733Toucannon[1].png (91KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
733Toucannon[1].png
91KB, 356x356px
>>32290076
ok
>>
>>32290076
Lurantis
Oranguru
Passimian
Toucannon
Mudsdale
Komala
Im sure im missing a few more thats off the top of my head
>>
>>32288458
What was even the development philosophy?
>>
>>32290084
What animal has an explosive burning cannon beak that it uses to fire off seeds?
>>
>>32290180
It looks like a generic toucan my dude. I'm not even a genwunner and I see this.
>>
>>32290186
Ok but >>32290180
>>
>>32290084
Toucannon is pretty cool if you ask me. He's in my main team.
>>
File: 1477105713058.jpg (129KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477105713058.jpg
129KB, 500x500px
>>32285683
I started with gen 1 and its generally one of my least favorite gens but not for hate or contrarian reasons. More because even with the nostlagia and fame the gen has, future ones to me have improved the gameplay and general fun to me more. It also helps I have several friends who never stopped playing each gen even during the "pokemon is uncool" phase.

If there is one thing from gen 1 I wish they would return its being able to choose what order some gyms/trials/whatever can be done.
>>
>>32290335
People don't like gen 1 for the gameplay, they like it for the nostalgia and everything else not related to the gameplay. And honestly that's retarded.
>>
>>32285938
As much as some people whine about kids getting into pokemon whether seriously or not. Not everyone was born before pokemon existed. Its the equivalent of a star wars or transformers fan whining that some person born in the 90s is becoming a fan of their franchise that existed before they were even concieved.
>>
>>32290370
People dont like it for the gameplay but theres always that asshole who says the new games battles are too hard and complicated despite none of the core mechanics being changed much when it comes to battles.
>>
>>32290398

I think it's less a case of having an issue with people becoming fans of the franchise late and more that there are some things that you really just had to *be* there for. To use Star Wars as an example, we all know Darth Vader is Luke's father now. People who aren't even Star Wars fans know that. But imagine when Empire Strikes Back first came out? That was a *huuuuge* deal. It doesn't mean that new fans can't still appreciate Star Wars, but I think it would be very difficult for "Luke, I am your father" to have the same ring for someone who grew up with it as essentially a tired meme compared to someone who heard it for the first time on the big screen with zero warning.
>>
>>32290335
>If there is one thing from gen 1 I wish they would return its being able to choose what order some gyms/trials/whatever can be done.
yeah I like how they did this in sinnoh too
>>
>>32285683
I distinctly remember legendaries in gen 3 knowing rest.

Whatever game is most challenging is the one you played when you were youngest and stupidest.
>>
>>32290472
I generally forget sinnoh let me do that too. Gen 4 I remember very little of sadly.
>>
>>32290180
we are talking about designs. not abilities. Its design is just literally a cartoon toucan.
>>
I like that gen 1 has a more sci-fi angle, while later ones are more fantasy feeling. Evolutionary stones were specifically "radioactive" and there was a lot more science-y stuff at the forefront.
Now things like fossil reanimation feels sorta out of place in the newer games.

>>32290169
I don't hold gen 1 on a pedestal or anything, and I don't think of this as a positive or negative, but the design has changed a lot. Back then, it was designed more like a traditional RPG in some ways. Onix is shit because it's made specifically to be an early game boss. Farfetch'd is a trap option as a joke. Notice how early game bugs have started evolving later? Back then, butterfree and beedrill were early peakers because that's a fine option when not everything is supposed to be more balanced. Mewtwo was clearly the Best Pokemon.
>>
>>32290046
>>32290094

So let me get this straight.

>Lurantis
>Has preying mantis features despite lacking the posture or a distinctly insectoid thorax or abdomen
>Totally just a cartoon mantis

>Scyther
>Has praying mantis features up to and including a clearly insectoid body frame
>Doesn't look *exactly* like a praying mantis
>TOTALLY ORIGINAL CREATURE

Good job. I actually fell for that. Enjoy your (you).

>>32290084
And going after Trumbeak is just lazy. Even the Pidgey line looked like generic-ass birds. Hell, the only early route bird Pokemon that *doesn't* suffer from that is Hoothoot since it had that metronome subtheme going on. All the others? *They're literally just fuckin' BIRDS*

And I also notice that we're ignoring such things as Skrelp, Minior, and Ralts, or even things like Vikavolt, which, based on earlier logic would count since despite being based on a stag beetle, has basically a railgun for mandibles and goddamn jet wings, Kriketune, which while insectoid resembles a cello more than any actual insect, or Excadrill, which despite being a mole can turn itself *into a fucking drill*.

One could also point out that in addition to Pidgey, Rattata is basically a rat with a purple tail, Sandslash is just a pangolin with a shorter tail, and Caterpie? Why don't you google the Swallowtail Caterpillar.

I'm not saying there aren't some lazy ass designs in later generations, but my point has always been that Pokemon, from day one, has mixed more traditional animal designs with some that are more out there. Later gens have had their hits and misses, but the overall design philosophy hasn't changed as drastically as people seem to want to believe. It's definitely different and there is a distinct... wonder, we'll call it, to Gen 1's design philosphy because, as >>32284601 put it, Gen 1 is what defined what a Pokemon *is*. It's the base against which everything that came after was inevitably going to be compared to.
>>
OP here. Thanks for all the information.
Bump.
>>
>>32288428
>Bulbasaur line
Toads
>nido lines
Godzilla
>mankey
monkeys
>abra machop hitmonlee
humans
>slowpoke
hippopotamus
>scyther
Praying mantis
>kangaskhan
Kangaroo
>eevee
fox
>snorlax
bear

Majority of those you mentioned are based off of animals.
>>
>>32290686
>Even the Pidgey line looked like generic-ass birds
No they don't. Show me a bird that looks exactly like Pidgey. I'll wait.

> ignoring such things as Skrelp
Cartoon weedy seadragon

>has basically a railgun for mandibles
They're still very obviously mandibles though. Railgun is the inspiration for them but they're still just mandibles.

>and goddamn jet wings
???

it's just a flying stag beetle dude.

> which despite being a mole can turn itself *into a fucking drill*.
But it's still just a cartoon mole. Compared to Diglett which looks like an actual fictional creature.

>Sandslash is just a pangolin with a shorter tail,
Pangolin has scales. Sandslash has spines.

>Has praying mantis features up to and including a clearly insectoid body frame
I didn't know insects had claws and dinosaur heads. Lurantis looks a lot more like a praying mantis than Scyther does because it has the insect eyes, the antennae, and the longer stretched out abdomen.
>>
>>32291297
>Toads

toads don't have claws and ears. Also it's called BulbaSAUR for fuck's sake.

>Godzilla
godzilla doesn't have rodent-like ears or poisonous spines or a horn. Do you think every dinosaur looking fictional monster must be based on godzilla?

>monkeys
barely look like monkeys.

>humans
barely look like humans.

>hippopotamus
Hippos don't have lizard tails or parasitic hermit crab features

>Kangaroo
barely looks like a kangaroo.

>fox
Nothing about it is specifically based on a fox. You could just as easily say it's based on a cat or a dog. That's how ambiguous it is. It's just a fictional furry quadruped creature.

>bear
barely looks like a bear

being vaguely inspired by something doesn't mean the design is just a cartoon version of that thing. CHIMCHAR is a cartoon monkey. GOTHITELLE is a cartoon human. URSARING is a cartoon bear. Those gen 1 Pokemon are just fictional monsters with vague similarities.
>>
>>32284425
It represented Pokemon's original vision, free of intrusive cutscenes and characters who distracted from the gameplay.
>>
>>32290547
Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>32290472
What? No they didn't. I distinctly remember being railroaded in Platinum.
>>
File: 노랑턱멧새사본 -IMG_4545.jpg (174KB, 800x515px) Image search: [Google]
노랑턱멧새사본 -IMG_4545.jpg
174KB, 800x515px
>>32291317
I think Pidgey is based on the bunting.
>>
File: RusticBunting_jgh01.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
RusticBunting_jgh01.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>32291717
A rustic bunting. Not a complete match, but it's something.
>>
File: goldeen_seaking.jpg (144KB, 600x761px) Image search: [Google]
goldeen_seaking.jpg
144KB, 600x761px
>>32285073
I think Butterfree is the best looking butterfly mon. Always a favorite.

And Goldeen... I can't really explain, it fascinates me. Back as a kid it felt like having a mini-mermaid. Like Ponyo, I don't know.
>>
>>32284425
Remember all of the promo videos for Sun and Moon where all of the kids in Hawaii play Pokemon and the new Asian kid befriends them because of it? That's what Gen 1 was when it came out. All of your friends, enemies and general peers all playing or collecting. When was the last time you played Pokemon with someone in the same room as you? It was once a social experience where you were any outlier if you weren't playing. It was unlike anything else at the time and there was a significant challenge that the era provided the games that isn't seen today. The fact that Sun and Moon literally have a map with your next goal point on it and for whatever you don't already know about the game is a mouse click away is the exact opposite of the Gen 1 experience. There was beauty in their simplicity that remains now as well. Compared to the more modern games it's minimalist, you have the bare essentials of what Pokemon is now to work with.

I think the modern appeal of Gen 1 would be how laidback it is without having to deal without it telling you where you go next after every little event. Sure they didn't leave you blind but it wasn't like "Hey you're on route 1, next you'll have to go straight ahead to Veridian city, I'll see you there and explain more to you."

Going back to replay them when you're used to how things work can either be tedious or challenging depending on how you look at it too. It's slow and you probably know exactly how to progress already but certain things may fuck with you like lack of abilities and types not being effective against each other the same way and you have to recall how things used to work especially if it's been a number of years since you last played a Gen 1 game.

Post to long...
>>
>>32285758
>snorlax is clearly a bear

I've never seen or thought this or ever heard someone say it but I mean I guess it's got claws
>>
>>32291865
Too sum it up I'd say the appeal for Gen 1 in the current day would be
Nostalgia
Simplicity
And refreshment

Honestly I think Pokemon in general has become a shell of its former self. Satoshi Tajiri created it to be a game about collecting competing and sharing with friends and that's what it was, Gen 2 gets a lot of the same praise as 1 because they were originally supposed to be sequels and (if I'm not mistaken) the final games. After that it was more focused on as a franchise and its lost a lot of the soul it once had. Things that were once special in the series were reduced to common occurrences and made easier and or more marketable. That said I still love Pokemon and will continue to support it (hell the gen 1 games aren't even my favorite games) but I do believe its been slowly going down hill in some aspects.
>>
>>32285740
He stated he played it when he was 10 anon. Take your high sense of entitlement for being good at a children's game to some other thread
>>
>>32284425
It's not linear. You can take on Gyms in different order, and the story is what you make of it, not what you're forced to be in S&M and such.

The designs are also simpler and carry a nostalgic fondness to them.

There's also decent variety in topography, from Cinnabar to Vermilion to Saffron to Lavender town
>>
I'm curious, as a fan of all of them from dual decades in the past...

Who has the worst genwunners?
Pokemon, Digimon, or Yu-Gi-Oh! ?
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
51KB, 250x250px
>>32285938
>Gen 5 ruined everything by the way (just a reminder).

Love how you just had to slap this unnecessary bit there. Have a pity (You).
>>
>>32291908
>expecting any remotely intelligent posts in a genwar thread
>>
>>32284456
>you could take multiple paths and still make progress
There are are only two points in the game that allow the player to take more than one path. When you go to Fuchsia city, you can take Route 12 or Cycling road. And when you go to Cinnabar Island, you can surf from either Pallet town or Fuchsia. Other than that the entire game is linear. The only way to have options in terms of what order you do things in is to glitch or to trade for a pokemon that already knows HMs so you can use them as soon as you get the badge but before the HM would have normally been available. Then the game opens up a little bit.
>>
>>32290547
>gen 1 has a more sci-fi angle, while later ones are more fantasy feeling.
This is a point I don't think I've ever seen made but I completely agree.

>Back then, it was designed more like a traditional RPG in some ways.
This is also very true and a great point. You'd have it pretty rough trying to take Butterfree all the way to the end of the game whereas Vikavolt can't even be gotten until the later portion of the game.
>>
>>32285771
>Younger players can never understand
I'm 30. I'm just not wearing rose-colored glasses. I loved RB when I was a kid, don't get me wrong. But to imply that the series hasn't gotten better with time is stupid.
>>
>>32291893
Pokemon has people who dismiss the whole franchise or gens because they don't like anything after the first or can't recapture an impossible to recreate feeling.
Digimon has a lot of bad games and choices but most of them I hear are anime related gripes, so Idk for them
YGO is mostly just people who dislike the large amounts of text or can't understand the mechanics of non-fusion special summons.

I'd say Pokemon.
>>
>>32291931
You can beat Sabrina before koga as well, without glitches. And Erika can pretty much be ignored for as long as you don't need strength or to fight the viridian gym
>>
>>32291957
>I'm 30. I'm just not wearing rose-colored glasses

If you were 30 you wouldn't have been a little kid when RB came out, because I was a first grader when it did and I'm 23

You're just a lying faggot trying to win an internet argument
>>
>>32284425
I am seeing discussion here.
>>
>>32291969
yeah that's true. Forgot about that. I was thinking more about exploration and multiple paths. But yeah that is something that you have an option on.
>>
>>32291981
I was 10 years old in 1996 math wiz
>>
>>32291931
No, anywhere after getting Cut you can do whatever the fuck you want. You don't even have to battle Lt Surge and you can just fuck off and do your own exploring. Saffron City is almost entirely optional and you can either go straight to Celadon City or you can check out more of the stuff in Lavender Town and see what's in the tower first.

In a modern Pokemon game you would be railroaded the fuck into one path.
>>
>>32291969
Like skipping Erika, you can also choose not to grab the drinks while you're in Celedon. Skipping things in Celedon doesn't really make the game less linear, it just means you have to make an extra trip later.
>>
>>32292003

The Pokemon wave was for kids born IN the 90's
>>
>>32292027
Pokemon was popular with middle schoolers before it trickled down to the younger bunch.
>>
>>32292008
The point remains that i could choose to ignore one gym leader over another if i wanted to there's nothing stopping you from making those choices. I honestly can't think of a similar instance in any game since where i don't have to follow a specific order for gym leaders
>>
>>32291981
>lies while calling someone else a liar
you must have been a prodigy to be in 1st grade when you were 3. Most 3 year olds can barely speak
>tfw you realize you played RB years after it came out
>>
>>32292005
The fact there are optional things to do in Saffron city does not make the game less linear. There are optional things to do in the cities from the new games too

>check out more of the stuff in Lavender Town
there's only pokemon tower and you can't do it until you go to celadon and get the silph scope. setting yourself up for needless backtracking does not equal open ended exploration
You literally cant do anything in lavender until you go to celadon
>>
>>32292039
I wasn't even in middle school. I was in 4th grade
>>
>>32290547
Excellent responses on both. You have summed up everything I thought about gen 1, but couldn't put into words. The original world of Pokemon was way different. Everyone from trainers to gym leaders seemed meaner and more rough around the edges. There was a bigger focus on the technology aspects of their world too. Technology like the link-traders and the storage PC were a huge focus of the game. One of the most critical points of the game is storming a tech research company, and obtaining a prototype pokeball. Pokemon in gen 1 were pretty much sub servant to all the technology in Kanto, and seemed less godlike in a way.
>>
>>32292072
>there's only pokemon tower and you can't do it until you go to celadon and get the silph scope
Yes you can. You just can't go to the top.

>The fact there are optional things to do in Saffron city does not make the game less linear.
Yes it does. In modern Pokemon games you're forced to go through every town in a linear fashion. You don't even have to enter Saffron City until late game.
>>
>>32292148
>makes his way to the top of the tower only to have to do it again
Boy that really is brilliant how they encourage exploration.
>>
>>32292178
Ok I'll bite. What do the newer games do too encourage exploration?
>>
>>32292178
Yes it does. You get to the top, see a weird creature is blocking you, and it makes you want to discover ways to get past the ghost. In newer games that would be replaced by a NPC telling you you're going the wrong way or "we're le dancing for no reason xDDD"
>>
>>32292249
Nothing. But neither does the first game. Making the player backtrack all the time isn't what I call exploration. And the fact that you don't have to fight the gym leaders the first time you arrive at a city doesn't really impress me. I'm not sure but I feel like you might even be able to do that in some of the later games. I really haven't tried to do that in most of the pokemon games because why would I? What's the point of leaving a gym battle for later and how does that enhance your experience?
>>
>>32291965
YGO has the worst genwunners by far. Normal monsters were inherently terrible and because of the way the game was played, 99% of them were worthless. There was literally no reason to run a level 3 monster with 1100/800 over a level 4 beater with 1900 attack. The game was garbage until effect monsters started becoming the norm and archetype synergy became more prevalent.
>>
>>32292326
>Making the player backtrack all the time isn't what I call exploration.
Neither would I, giving the player the option to backtrack or flat out skip certain parts for some time in favor of sobering else is what I'd call exploring
>>
>>32292326
It may not inherently enhance your experience but it allied you too pay the game differently or uniquely from others or your own previous play throughs. It leaves thing a little more open ended and doesn't force you to stick yup one single linear path with only one option of how to take that path. Sure I could do all the gyms in order or i could fuck off from the numerical order and mix things up or just leave and go to a new area and see what that has too offer.
>>
File: vikavolt.jpg (34KB, 360x345px) Image search: [Google]
vikavolt.jpg
34KB, 360x345px
>>32291317

Point the first: show me any stag beetle that has wings like pic related. They're more like jet wings with veins than actual insect wings.

Point the second:

>Show me a bird that looks exactly like Pidgey. I'll wait.

After you show me a horse that looks exactly like Mudsdale. I'll wait.

>Lurantis looks a lot more like a praying mantis than Scyther does because it has the insect eyes, the antennae, and the longer stretched out abdomen.

It has larger eyes but they still have distinct pupils, and it doesn't have an abdomen. It has upright legs and what appear to be petals or petal-like wings on its back. Try again.
>>
>>32292379
We've already been over this. The only parts that it lets you skip for some time are certain gym leaders
the game goes like this:
Pallet > Viridian > Pewter > Cerulean > Vermilion (via underground path) > Viridian (via Diglett tunnel) > Lavender (via rock tunnel) > Celadon (via underground path) > lavender > fuchsia (via either cycling road or route 13, first option in the game) > Cinnabar (via route 21 or Seafoam island, 2nd option) > Saffron > Viridian > Indigo
You MUST do all of those thing and you MUST do them in that order
>>
>>32292454
And yes you can visit Saffron much earlier in the game if you want, but rocket grunts are blocking every important building except Mr Psychic's House. So you can pick up the TM for Psychic earlier on if you want. Awesome.
>>
>>32292371
YGO genwunners aren't against standard effect monsters though, they basically follow the series until the start of GX, and rag on 5Ds and up for having huge amounts of card text plus the synchro/xyz/pendulum/link monster being too hard for them to understand somehow.

YGO genwunners basically want to pull off Exodia wins and BEWD decks 90% of the time, and accept Fusions.
>>
>>32292454
>Vermilion (via underground path) > Viridian (via Diglett tunnel)
I mean you don't really go to Viridian just route 2, and you can skip this and just do rock tunnel without flash, i did it plenty as a kid.

>fuchsia (via either cycling road or route 13, first option in the game) > Cinnabar (via route 21 or Seafoam island, 2nd option) > Saffron

Considering Cinnabar has the seventh gym and Saffron has the sixth you're allay wrong. I could go explore seafoam after Fuchsia them go to cinnabar then Saffron our go to saffron then Fuchsia then cinnabar completely ignoring the optional seafoam islands, just like i could go back and EXPLORE the previously unavailable, yet optional power plant any time after Fuchsia neither of which are pointless.
>>
>>32291985
I do as well. After all, this is 4chan.
>>
>>32292529
shit yeah i fucked that up, saffron comes before cinnabar
and yeah I know you don't actually enter Viridian proper, I just figured you knew what I meant
Not getting flash on your first play through of the game would be pretty agonizing imo, but I suppose you could do it.
My point is that outside of which way you decide to take during the two splits, the only "exploration" the game offers is backtracking
>>
>>32292529
and don't give me the power plant or seafoam island
There are plenty of optional caves and dungeons containing optional legendaries in the later games
>>
>>32292111
To build on this a bit, this helped to create a vaguely unsettling air that permeated the game. You used technology in order to identify actual ghosts. You save a scientist who was horrifically merged with a Pokemon due to an experiment gone wrong. The ultimate Pokemon is a science experiment, an unnatural strongly implied to have run amock, destroying the location of its creation. You were enslaving Pokemon not to make friends for life (as the anime and some later games espouse) but because that was the only way you could survive leaving your tiny hamlet of a town without getting savaged by wild beasts.

This atmosphere is unique to the first gen games, and was amplified with the limitations of the technology at the time. The sprites were very different from the anime and the official artwork, sometimes jarring and bizzare. This, combined with how iconic they were, allowed for every kid back then to have their own "image" of how the Pokemon really looked and moved. This applies to their cries, and especially to the battle animations. Essentially, there were a lot more cracks for our imaginations to fill in, which made for a different (arguably more intimate) experience.

So overall, the tone was very different. Much less saccharine than later games. Others have already mentioned the rumours and the glitches. They added to the weird sci-fi tone, and that they were stupidly easy to encounter. I still remember having a link battle with another kid when something imperceptible screwed up and a different command from the one he picked was sent to my gameboy, while his original command played out on his. Instead of being stopped by a failsafe, we were battling glitches, oblivious until I knocked out his Pokemon, and the next one he sent out was a garbled mess of sprites. That kind of thing really gave a child this eldritch horror sense that the game was alive, incomprehensible, possibly insane, and not always on your side.
>>
And I just wanna reiterate that I do like RB. I love RB. I just don't agree with the sentiment that the subsequent games pale in comparison.
>>
>>32292554
But that's my point your options aren't limited to cycle road or route 12 if i can choose that plus choose to go to saffron or cinnabar after that, or before that in saffron's case

>>32292568
That's fair i suppose i really only included them because seafoam is on the way to cinnabar from fuchsia and that reminded me of the power plant
>>
>>32292585
Holy shit can you post in every thread like this from now on. You're essentially encapsulating the whole essence of what made gen 1 great
>>
>>32292596
Yeah I suppose you can go to Cinnabar island anyway and do the pokemon mansion before you fight sabrina
I guess I'm gonna have to concede that the game is slightly more open ended than the later ones. But not by enough to redeem its many flaws when compared to the later games, imo.
>let's have phys vs spec be decided by type
>but won't that make a whole slew of moves and pokemon useless? (see hitmonchan)
>uhhhh who cares let's just finish so we can go home
>>
File: tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o2_500.gif (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o2_500.gif
8KB, 500x500px
>>32291957
I'm not implying that at all. I think gen 6 is the best generation and gen 7 could be on track to unseat it. With few exceptions, I feel the Pokemon series has been a linear increase in quality generation to generation.

OP wanted to know why gen 1 is held in such high esteem, and I told him. In terms of gameplay, yes, it's outdated. In terms of the memories it created for those of us who lived through it, though, gen 1 is unlikely to be topped.
>>
>>32292638
Well then I agree whole-heartedly with everything you just said
>>
>>32290461
The pokemon equivalent is Giovanni a 8th gym leader, Rival is champion, and if going to gen II Red Gyarados and being able to go back to Kanto.
>>
File: m.jpg (17KB, 240x205px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
17KB, 240x205px
>>32284425
That is all.
>>
>>32284425
It was actually hard in some places, there wasn't any challenge in gen 7
>>
File: 1472330004674.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1472330004674.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>32284425
>This entire thread and almost every single comment in it
I'm getting tired of "muh Gen 1 best designs everr" meme. Go fuck your Jynx, Mr. Mime and Grimer if you love them THAT much. Nobody wants the fucking "it's just three of the same Pokémon" evolutions. And living Pokeball my ass.
>>
File: Alakazam420.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Alakazam420.png
1MB, 1174x881px
>>32284425
>Psychic being a God-tier type/move
>Special stat design
>Hyperbeam glitch
>High crit. chance
>No items

Here we go
>>
>>32284456
>>32285733
>>32285771
>>32290461
>>32290547
>>32291865
>>32292111
>>32292585
Wow, some actual responses. Thanks.
>>
>>32292523

See, I used to play Yugioh when it first came out and honestly? The simplicity was part of the appeal. Yeah, most of the Monster cards were garbage, but that was why you had Magic and Trap cards. To supplement your monsters. You had ways to pump your monsters or otherwise clear the way for them to do their thing and Effect monsters were peppered throughout with enough availability that they felt special without necessarily forcing you to play an entire deck full of them. Of course the game was subject to power creep as card games often are, but I think the issue here is less that new rules and card types are too complicated and more that they just invalidate such huge swaths of the original sets that it just doesn't feel like the same game anymore. I mean, I got off that ship a *long* time ago, but Hell, even here in Pokemon some of the Gen 1 mons have weathered time in both the casual and competitive scene quite well.

>>32292585
Fuck that's dark. I never thought about it that way, although that said, there is *some* semblance of the friendship theme going on there. Maybe not the "Let's be friends with Pokemon everybody!" type, but for example when you finally beat your rival at the end of the game as the Champion, iirc Oak basically states that the reason he lost to you was *because* he basically treated his Pokemon as the aforementioned slaves for holding other Pokemon at bay while you, the player character, formed more of a bond with your own Pokemon.

That said, thinking about what you said in hindsight does put a few more things in perspective. Oak doesn't necessarily say that there's anything inherently *wrong* with the way your rival treated his Pokemon and when you look at Team Rocket, people were outraged about them murdering Pokemon or being a general public nuisance, but they also did stuff like traffic rare Pokemon that weren't necessarily stolen with the express purpose of making money off it and people didn't seem to bat an eyelash
>>
>>32292638

Something like this. I've been on the Poketrain since day 1, and the original Red and Blue aren't at the top of my list, though they're in the top half I'd say, even then they'll always have a special place in my memories. I'd actually rank them

>Gen II
To this day playing through the original Silver version has been the single most enjoyable experience I've ever associated with Pokemon. I had enjoyed Red at the time as many of those of us swept up in Pokemania at the time were, and Silver built upon or improved just about everything I'd loved from the first game in a meaningful way, be it bug fixes or the introduction of the day/night system. Even if other generations did improve certain aspects, there's just nothing that matches up to that experience the first time around. Plus even in 8-bit Gen II had my favorite overall soundtrack.

>Gen I/Gen IV
Second and third place kinda fluctuate for me. Both original Red and Pearl were very fun to play through and while a good chunk of my fondness for Gens 1 and 2 does come from nostalgia an important thing to note I think is that that's not always a bad thing as part of the fun was the *experience*. Even if you can't replicate it, you still remember what it was like playing through that very first time, and many of those experiences were touched upon from the little schoolhouse rumors and battling with your friends to just... *discovering* everything for the first time. As for Gen IV, it's a little hard to describe but playing through it felt like a scaled back version of my Silver play through. I'd honestly found Gen III to be a bit disappointing. Not necessarily bad, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to the experience I had in Gen II. Regardless, Pearl felt very much like it improved upon much of what disappointed me in Ruby, and the introduction of a lot more evos or prevos to existing mons made it feel like it tied into the previous installments better. Minor, but again the soundtrack appeals to me
>>
>>32293061
>not liking Mr.Mime, Jynx and Grimer
>>
>>32284425
If you're asking why its popular its because its the first you could swap it with literally any other gen and that one would be the most popular.

As for good shit about it. Well, the usual, the designs, the region and whatever. It doesnt stand out much because its, well, the first. But something I liked was how it looks like it played with the usual champion and gym leader formula before those were a thing. Only gen 7 and arguably 5 comes close to doing something like this.
>>
>>32294230

To continue,it might just be me, but Gen IV also felt like it had more between the lines lore bits to discover the first time playing through it. They weren't explicitly mentioned in the aim story and finding them did nothing major plot wise, but they were still cool to come across.

Continuing...

>Gen VI
I'm sure you might be noticing a trend here, but this was also an interesting experience to play through the first time. Perhaps it was the portable games' foray into full 3-D or the fact that the world felt so much... grander. I'll admit it was actually kind of exciting getting lost in Lumiose the first time around. Honestly the region was probably about as big ad Sinnoh or the combined Johto and Kanto, but I guess it being fully rendered made it feel so much bigger. The story felt a bit out there unfortunately, though some of the previous gen callbacks were nice, like the obvious send up to Veridian Forest. Not to mention introducing the concept of Mega Evolution. In and of itself it's cute and has its ups and downs, but it definitely breathed some new life into some Pokemon that could use the boost and gives hope that some others that people would like to see in the spotlight may get a similar boon.

Gen III/VII
Both of these games were decent to play through and the definitely have their merits but they had the misfortune to follow games where they just seemed to fall flat. Don't get me wrong. Ruby and Sun were both fun to play through, it just feels like there was still room from the games before to build on and we just ended up with so much missed potential. Z-moves were a nice gameplay touch in Gen VII, and I appreciated that they tried to be a bit experimental, but it just didn't feel like it carried the momentum that X/Y had started building back up for me.

And finally...

>Gen V
Hoo boy. So both Black/White and it's sequels have probably been my least favorite to play through. Now this series
>>
File: 0026.jpg (77KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0026.jpg
77KB, 1000x1000px
>>32285683
>The game was harder too
>>
>>32294391
It was at the time, just not now
>>
>>32285683
>using the difficulty of a fucking Pokémon game to show why it's better than the other games
>>
>>32291352

Care to explain vulpix and fucking SEEL?????

caterpie also while you're at it.
>>
>>32292027
>The Pokemon wave was for kids born IN the 90's

1986 here. It was just as big for kids born in the mid 80's. Kids 6 and under typically weren't the target demo for a fucking RPG. It literally WASN'T intended for you.
>>
>>32294382

>Gen V
Hoo boy. So both Black/White and it's sequels have probably been my least favorite to play through. Now this series has brought me so much joy over the years that out of respect for the fun I have had with the others I'm not just going to indiscriminately shit on the game, but the play through I did felt very forgettable to me, even with a new world to explore. I think, though, that I know why, and that's that I don't think the game was made for "me". It was meant to be something like a soft reboot of the series, and playing through was supposed to feel like playing through a "new" Pokemon game for the first time, and hence you had, in the original Black/White access *only* to Unova Pokemon until post game and even in B/W2 it didn't feel like it had the level of diversity I wanted. Part of this was probably because as a veteran of four previous generations it was a very jarring shift and you really felt the absense of certain mons you loved adventuring with in the past. Now there were some new mons in Gen V that I liked, but in many cases I didn't get to appreciate them on their own merits since, as you were forced to use them in many cases they just came across feeling like cheap substitutions.

Sorry that was kind of rambly but I was just sort of trying to put into perspective the notion of just how initial play through experiences can shape one's evaluation of the game, and that's a big part of what made Gen I so great to a lot of "Genwunners". That very first experience of just going through the game for the very first time.

Also fuck this awful connection.
>>
>>32291981
>I was a first grader when it did and I'm 23

Pokemon just had it's 20's anniversary, boy. You were 3.

Someone who is 30 now was 10 when Pokemon came out in Japan, and no older than 12 when it came out elsewhere. How was he not a kid?
>>
>>32285683
>Gen I actually had some challenge to it. I say some.
A lot of it was fake difficulty though. The game isn't hard, they just gave you a real dull knife to cut into it with. The toughest opponents in the game have mons with shitmoves like Growl and Bubble, and why? Because that's basically all anyone had. The new games have the same level of difficulty, but they give you more tools to beat it down with, so the net is that the games feel easier when they're just as easy as they've always been.

>Mons were actually hard to catch without false swipe or mean look.
I could put a "you can just not use those" dismissal here, but we both know that's bullshit. Point conceded. Also, box legendaries of more recent titles have severely inflated catch rates. And Dusk Balls are OP as hell. Though the "you missed the Pokemon!" throws in Gen I were stupid, I'm glad they're not in the game anymore.

>Abra was a bitch.
It still is if you aren't prepared for it. Be salty about the ability to prepare at all if you want, but don't act like they completely neutered the concept. If you want to trap an Abra you'll need to take measures to first capture another Pokemon that can do the job.

>The safari zone was fucked.
Yes it was. You liked that?

>Mewtwo the legendary had recover making it actually hard without the masterball.
Conceded.

>There was no autistic shiny hunting.
Conceded.

>The tv show was just taking off.
This is more a comment on the culture of the times rather than the objective quality of the games themselves. It's true, but depending on what argument you're addressing, it's irrelevant.

>No breeeing meant that some pokemon were very hard to get.
Conceded.

>The game was harder too. Didnt hold your hand.
See first point. Harder? No. Less hand-holdy? Conceded.
>>
>>32293061
>this entire thread is bait
>but im going to post anyway falling for the bait that i so intelligently pointed out
>>
>>32294852
Pokemon were never hard to catch, just tedious. Whittling their health down and throwing a poke ball a million times isn't difficulty, it's tedium. Anyone who says otherwise is a retard. There's nothing else to really say about it.
>>
>>32294802
Pokemon came out in the US in '98 anon
Bye would've been about 5 and around first grade age.
Maybe know what the fuck you're talking about before trying to argue?
>>
>>32294852
>The new games have the same level of difficulty, but they give you more tools to beat it down wit
So they give you more to work with making it easier?
If you're given a task with few tools and then given the same task again with more and better tools isn't that easier?

>>The safari zone was fucked.
>Yes it was. You liked that?
You were given a step count so you had to really work to complete what you needed to do in there, it was challenging since you needed to make it far into a maze with limited moves. It's a puzzle.

>It's true, but depending on what argument you're addressing, it's irrelevant
Yeah why was this brought up? I mean the anime offers no real advantage to the games.
>>
>>32295241
I didn't say he wasn't in the first grade when he first played Pokemon. But the fact is that Pokemon came out in 1996. He was arguing that someone who is 30 now is lying saying he played Pokemon as a kid.
>>
>>32295298
>You were given a step count so you had to really work to complete what you needed to do in there, it was challenging since you needed to make it far into a maze with limited moves. It's a puzzle.
The Safari Zone was always like this. It was only in the recent few games that the step count (or the Zone in general) was removed. Why is that even being mentioned, it's not exclusive to gen 1 games. It's not even a hallmark of it.
>>
File: baragon.jpg (220KB, 1287x800px) Image search: [Google]
baragon.jpg
220KB, 1287x800px
>>32291352
Either the other anon typo'd or just heard someone say "nidoking is based off of something like godzilla" and got confused. But I'm pretty sure Nidoking was inspired by pic related
>>
>>32294088
They recently ripped the game apart in terms of special summons and now a ton of old tribute/normal summons just jacked up in viability.
>>
>>32295298
>If you're given a task with few tools and then given the same task again with more and better tools isn't that easier?
I suppose. I was primarily addressing the argument I sometimes hear about how the AI challenges are worse, when if anything they've gotten more advanced. So much so that the devs have to make movepools shittier on purpose so the AI doesn't steamroll the target playerbase. Your fancy new tools make it easier but the opponents have always been the same level of bad.

>You were given a step count so you had to really work to complete what you needed to do in there, it was challenging since you needed to make it far into a maze with limited moves. It's a puzzle.
I assumed anon was talking about the actual throwing rocks and bait part. The timed step thing was a neat puzzle, I enjoyed it. But struggling for Chansey, Scyther, Tauros, and Kangaskhan with the Safari Zone's shitty-ass luck-based system? Just kill me now.
>>
>>32296258
They were arguably the worst in gen 1 where the AI is programmed to use type advantage moves even if they do no damage. Anyone who seriously thinks gen 1 even approaches difficult relative to even the most handholdy games is an idiot.
>>
>>32295418
I'm late here but it was mentioned because in other games you didn't have to go into the safari zone to advance
>>
>>32296258
>But struggling for Chansey, Scyther, Tauros, and Kangaskhan with the Safari Zone's shitty-ass luck-based system? Just kill me now.

I'm still late here...
But that's kind of the whole point of the safari zone you see rare and hard to find Pokemon but if the whole zone was filled with them then how would you know they're rare species. And as far as difficulty catching them that's because you're not really battling them there's nothing stopping them from leaving at any time since your trainer can't physically oppose them.
>>
File: yme and mon.png (91KB, 711x519px) Image search: [Google]
yme and mon.png
91KB, 711x519px
it has kabutops
>>
>>32284425
>what makes generation 1 stand over other gens.
nothing other than being the first

>>32284456
>Better designs that felt more like fictional creatures instead of anime versons of animals.

also the opposite of that
>>
>>32299191
>also the opposite of that

nope
>>
>>32284431
fpbp
>>
>>32299191
Design is a stupid way of judging a generation because all it boils down to is my tastes vs your tastes

generations should be judged on the games they bring to the table
>>
Personally I think gen 1 had a good balance of designs. Cute, cool, silly, weird, it has something for everyone. While not my favorite I still think it is impressive how for 151 monsters there is actually quite little filler. My main problem is the dumb triangle eyes they added on nearly every fucking pokemon. I don't mind it on all, some look fitting for the pokemon, but holy shit is overused.

Interested, your guy's favorite kanto mon? Poliwhirl for me. It feels like such a well done design. It can be cool, cute, silly, it is simple but recognizable, and has a unique feature based on its inspiration.
>>
>>32284474
No dark or streel either.
>>
>>32299336
You mean dragonball eyes? Yeah, that's because Gamefreak models their shit after the current thing.
>>
>>32295241
Ah you're right. I just used 96 because I googled it real quick but didn't look close enough. So I would have been 12, not 10. Hardly too old to play pokemon. And although you wouldn't have been 3, 5 is still to young to be good at anything.
>>
>>32298161
>But that's kind of the whole point of the safari zone you see rare and hard to find Pokemon but if the whole zone was filled with them then how would you know they're rare species.
No shit, that's not the problem.

>And as far as difficulty catching them that's because you're not really battling them there's nothing stopping them from leaving at any time since your trainer can't physically oppose them.
THIS is the problem. It's one thing to have a low encounter rate gated behind a refreshing paywall in the game, but now you stack on the TERRIBLE system of throwing rocks and bait, and that thing you spent an hour shuffling in the grass for can just run away from you at any moment. It's lottery within a lottery within a lottery. You just wait for luck to bring you a target, bank on luck that it doesn't split, and then pray that your Poke Balls do the trick with no health reduction. There's no skill here. No agency. It's not fun.

I'm open to the idea of a special zone in the game where battles are conducted in some novel way that isn't the standard combat, but for fuck's sake at least let me PRETEND that I can actually raise my odds through some coordinate effort.
>>
>>32299486
I'm not a genwunner, but catching everything in the safari zone is easy af. Pro tip: NEVER throw rocks or bait.
If you want one with good DVs for some reason, then yeah you're gonna be spending all night looking for that good chansey or tauros, but if you just want one? If you can't get both of them within a few Safari Zone visits, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>32291717
>>32291768
oh wow, well done
>>
>>32291447
>pokemon 0.6beta
curu stori, aniki
crystal was 1.0
>>
>>32295593
now that I look up kaijus, Biollante looks like a "proto-Kraid" of sorts

sasuga nippon
>>
File: 1485291358917.jpg (69KB, 960x764px) Image search: [Google]
1485291358917.jpg
69KB, 960x764px
>tfw you missed pokemania because everyone in your hometown was some farmer's kid that didn't give a shit

A-At least I had dial up.
>>
File: raichu_sketch037a.jpg (29KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
raichu_sketch037a.jpg
29KB, 450x335px
>>32299336

Raibro has been my favorite since forever ago. Just something about the way it moves, plus I've long been a fan of many things lightning-based.
>>
Shit taste
>>
Generally feeling down to earth in setting and not going over the top with retarded anime bullshit in its story. Kanto is literally just Kanto.
>>
>>32284425

I think it may also be something akin to a sort of jaded apathy due to lack of novelty. Pokemon's on its seventh generation of games now, and while everyone enjoys things differently keep in mind that those of us that have been here since the beginning have played through this *seven times* now. Significantly more if you count all the spin-off titles. Even if there's always new stuff to do it's just not quite the same for Genwunners as when, for them, everything *was* fresh and new. They had nothing to compare their first play through of Red/Blue to, whereas now they've played through, while not the same game, the same basic formula enough times that a lot of the mystique has worn off. Hell, I have no illusions that any future Pokemon stories will be riveting to me, but I'll always enjoy the social experience it's tended to foster since back then and for someone who's really not a people person that's kind of a big deal.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.