[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest, nobody really hates Charizard. I bet even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 23

File: 145850872846.jpg (97KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
145850872846.jpg
97KB, 800x450px
Let's be honest, nobody really hates Charizard.

I bet even contrarianfags couldn't resist his usefulness of flight and fire if given the choice
>>
Man, Charizard's looking buff there with those pecs and guns.
>>
Most gen 1 haters want his dick.
>>
>>32281036
>his
Wtf I hate Charizard now
>>
You couldn't get it past being a Charmander because everyone is a pansy.
>>
>breathes fire
>grows wings
>is tough

Charmander is the ideal partner for a Pokemon adventure. Or would you rather your main form of protection blow bubbles at your enemies?
>>
>>32281036
To be honest, before I knew how popular it was, I hated Charizard for its fat belly.
>>
>>32281136
This

Or a fat frog abomination that shoots leaves. Charizard is the best gen 1 starter.
>>
I don't hate it, but would never have to use it since my favorites from gen 1 are Arcanine and Pidgeot
>>
File: Jackie Chan plays Dead Souls.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jackie Chan plays Dead Souls.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>When you were a big Charizard fan but now can't even bear to see him again due to how overbearing the shilling has gotten

>Seeing him again and again whenever I feel like flying practically anywhere in Sun and Moon
>Can't skip the animation at all
>>
File: Pokken Back.jpg (75KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pokken Back.jpg
75KB, 800x450px
>>32281036
It is a fine Pokemon.

>>32281047
I think that the Pokken incarnation is its definitive appearance
>>
So I'm the only one who likes this sort of thing, huh?
>>
File: Sunny Day Team.png (553KB, 768x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Sunny Day Team.png
553KB, 768x1023px
>>32281517
Venu is pretty cool, it is better for a comfier ride. Charizard is faster.
>>
>>32281036
I think Charizard is and always was a really boring, non-interesting design. I like its megas, though, those are way better.
>>
Does "overrated" really equal to "hate"
>>
File: 1629782-flygon_by_seiryuuden.png (482KB, 900x497px) Image search: [Google]
1629782-flygon_by_seiryuuden.png
482KB, 900x497px
>>32281036
>I bet even contrarianfags couldn't resist his usefulness of flight and fire if given the choice
Charizard can come in handy at times, but its still a painfully generic design. I can teach a Flygon Fire moves and get the same results alongside being able to navigate a desert better. Flygon is not even a Flying type and laughs at pebbles rather than getting annihilated by them, which makes it even more special.

Flygon > Charizard
>>
>>32281565
Don't know anymore honestly. People throw that word around so often nowadays. Literally anything popular and liked, and people will call it overrated.

And I honestly believe that there really is no pokemon that anyone really hates. I mean, you can be disappointed by it, dislike it's design but to actually hate it? Idk? It's one thing to say you hate it but you do you really mean it?
>>
>>32281721
Did you actually type this with out cracking a smirk?
>>
I actually cannot choose between Venusaur and Charizard, not even for their Megas. I like them both.
>>
>>32281036
I actually dont feel hatred to any pokemon in particular
/vp/ just told me to
>>
Charizard sux
>>
File: 1434962597205.jpg (462KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1434962597205.jpg
462KB, 960x1200px
>>32281721
Funny that you mention that, my Garchomp does all of that but it is 10 times better than flygon
>>
>>32281721
>>32281994
When will flycucks learn?
>>
>>32281963

This
>>
File: Garchomp_Gliding.png (140KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Garchomp_Gliding.png
140KB, 320x240px
>>32281994
Is Garchomp even a reliable flyer? I can see it glide, but how the hell does it propel itself when it its in the air?
>>
File: bruce.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>32282228
the power of OU magic, my friend

OU Magic and a dash of Game Freak going "fuck it, let's make a flying draconic landshark jet"
>>
>>32282253
>OU magic
>Can't even learn the most basic Flying move
I'll stick to my Green Antlion thanks.
>>
File: garchump.png (3KB, 478x100px) Image search: [Google]
garchump.png
3KB, 478x100px
>>32282308
forgot pic
>>
File: 1488375300819.jpg (83KB, 348x447px) Image search: [Google]
1488375300819.jpg
83KB, 348x447px
>>32282308
anon it ain't exactly a bird

it's more like it's gliding at low altitude

>tfw you're a sinnohfetus who can't justify the fact that one of his favorite mons can't learn fly
>>
File: 1489521557606.jpg (108KB, 400x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1489521557606.jpg
108KB, 400x1015px
>>
>>32282404
Well it learns surf at least. Not that it means anything really. But hey, if GF says that it can fly then it can fly.

On a side note, I was extremely surprised to learn that fucking Drampa can fly. Like how the fuck?
>>
>>32281036
Wow, Charizard doesn't look like a dumpy fatass here. Impressive.
>>
>>32281036
>>32281438
She's beautiful
>>
File: Pokken.jpg (102KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pokken.jpg
102KB, 800x450px
>>32282511
Pokken did a madnificent job with the visuals
>>
>>32282541
Why can't Gamefreak give us models as good as this? I'm sick of all the fatass stumpy pokemon that are supposed to look "cool".
>>
>>32281993
you suck... dix
>>
>>32281036
Fuckin' contrarians just hate on it because it is popular. Thing is, hating on Charizard has become more popular than Charizard itself.
>>
File: Zard Pokken.png (132KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Zard Pokken.png
132KB, 850x850px
>>32282581
That is a screencap from a WiiU game, GF's models have really hight Polygon count. They are just have shitty animations
>>
Charizard also has the best Megas.
>>
>>32282665
Did you even read my post? When did high poly count mean they're designed well?
>>
>>32281036
My dad mocked me for picking the dragon over the "cannon turtle"
>>
>>32281721
Mah nigga
>>
File: dragonair.jpg (176KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dragonair.jpg
176KB, 640x480px
>>32282467
Same way that Dragonair does.
>>
File: 1488472497860.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488472497860.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>32281036
Yeah, let's make a thread stating the most obvious thing you can about any Pokemon. There's a reason it's stayed pretty much the most popular Pokemon for 20 years. I would hard-pressed to find a more iconic dragon. That also means it gets more attention, which will make some people dislike it. That's the case with quite literally everything. The more popular something is, the more haters it gets. So stop being butthurt about it and go on to make threads like this every time your precious little feelings are hurt when you see someone calling Charizard shit.
>>
File: 1462768065458.png (121KB, 509x442px) Image search: [Google]
1462768065458.png
121KB, 509x442px
>always chose grass types
>they never get anything
>consistently overshadowed by fire types because 9 year olds like them
I want Grass starters to get some time in the spotlight. Decidueye is the closest grass has ever been to reaching that position and it's a good, new feeling.

I don't think it makes me a contrarian for disliking Charizard because it's pushed in everything, a lot of the spite is born from the fact that Grass starters are neglected. At the end of the day, I don't actually dislike Charizard, I just want Grass to be popular.
>>
>>32285034
venusaur is better in battle you nonce
>>
>>32285034
Sceptile, Serperior and Decidueye. Three out of seven Grass starters are pretty damn popular. That's better than what Water has, at least.

>fire types because 9 year olds like them
Just like how only retards who want to feel like special snowflakes like Grass, right?
>>
>>32285090
this

charizard was a total joke for 5 generations straight before the megas fixed him, he couldnt even learn fly in the original games

venusaur was at least decent since day 1, it was also very useful in-game thanks to sleep powder, and he got a baller mega to boot
>>
>>32281036
People 'hate' Charizard because GF started shoving it down everyone's throats and giving it preferential treatment. Shilling the fuck out of something is a good way to get under people's skins. At this point Charizard is nearly a special snowflake pokemon on par with Lucario, being one of two pokemon with two megas and otherwise being treated as a nigh-unbeatable legendary-level pokemon.

Also Charizard's fanbase is very obnoxious and throws a tantrum at the very idea that it could lose to anything. See the Death Battle thing.
>>
>>32281721
this guy knows whats up
>>
>>32285166
>5 generations straight
It was okay for the Gen 1, great in Gen 2, okay again in Gen 3. Total joke, still in the top percentage of Pokemon. It was, however, always inferior to Venusaur, in every Generation.
>>
File: IMG_8976.png (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8976.png
65KB, 250x250px
>>32281136
>breathes fire
>grows wings
>is tough
>is pseudo

Screw charizard, salamence is better
>>
There are quite a lot that are annoyed with and hate it for the shilling. Which is something I personally fail to understand. Speaking for myself, I don't think they've done anything offensive with the shilling, and not having been into Pokemon until 2010, I gave zero shits about it. Origins and the two Megas are what made me not only give a shit, but also like it, a lot. So I don't understand why would anyone hate that.

If there's anyone who can explain this, please do. What has been so offensive about the shilling that makes people downright hate it. They're just putting the popular character in front. I have never seen anyone complain about this sort of thing in any other series. No one complains about Master Sword always being special in Zelda. No one complains about seeing Falchion or Marth in Fire Emblem. No one complains about Bahamut or Cloud in Final Fantasy. This is literally the only place I've seen this happen and I don't understand this.

If this somehow went against the spirit of Pokemon, letting you choose whatever you want to use, I would understand. But it hasn't. You've never been forced to use Charizard, nor does it get any exclusive attention while ignoring others. You can ignore it entirely and it wouldn't affect your experience in any way or form. All that happens is that it gets put on the forefront, and I don't think there's anything offensive about that, so I fail to understand this entire thing. I've never cared about this, since everything popular gets hate in some way or form, but seeing as this is a thread about talking about it, I thought I'd ask.
>>
File: 1449509968224.gif (866KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1449509968224.gif
866KB, 500x281px
>>32281036
I tend to agree. People claiming they hate Charizard or Pikachu are just hipster hipping. They're solid designs and nothing about them is worthy of hate, regardless of shilling.

Of course he's not the best lizard starter, but nobody tops ol' Leafy Greens.
>>
>>32281747
Omgggg I know right???
>>
>>32285328
Everytime I see those, I am reminded we will never have a good Pokemon anime. There will never be any anime with the protagonist having Sceptile as his main, having nice bromance between them as it slowly goes from being a weak Treecko to a reliable Sceptile, and Mega Evolving to be his ace. Instead, it'll always be Pikachu, it'll always be Ash. At least Origins and Mega Evolution Specials gave Charizard, but others will never be there.
>>
>>32285328
I honestly feel Pikachu is more justified since it can evolve and they won't let it.
>>
>>32285328
Oh no, Pikachu hate is completely justified. Zard was supposed to be a special thing, being the first version mascot. Pikachu, on the other hand, was just a random, middle stage Pokemon they took and made to be the most special thing, giving it all sorts of unique moves, 3 Z moves, unique forms, unique cry and everything you could imagine, simply because they felt like it. It wasn't even a particularly popular Pokemon. They forced it to become popular by making it the main character, for no reason. There's more than enough reasons to hate Pikachu.
>>
>>32285421
This is one reason why I feel it was a mistake for them to even feel like they needed a mascot at all. Every time one pokemon is showcased more than the others, it cheeses off everyone. Even the very nature of the series itself says that this should not be a thing. Then again, I am also talking about a series where there are clear pokemon that are supposed to be more powerful than the others. STOP TELLING US WHAT POKEMON TO USE AND LET US HAVE THE POKEMON WE WANT, DAMMIT!
>>
>>32285523
I think the only time they've forced you to use a Pokemon was with Lucario and Generation V Legendaries. And with demo Pokemon, like Greninja. And two out of these three are hated. But also ridiculously popular.

I agree on your point of not forcing people to use any Pokemon, but I will also stand by GF's side on promoting certain Pokemon more than others. You might be okay with no Pokemon getting attention, but without that, the series as a whole would suffer. Highlighting the best parts about their series is only a logical thing to do. If they force you to use certain Pokemon, they're doing it wrong. But if they recognize what fans like and put it in the spotlight every now and then, it gives the fans the impression that the developers care about them and their likes, which is overall a good thing for the series.
>>
>>32285551
>But if they recognize what fans like and put it in the spotlight every now and then, it gives the fans the impression that the developers care about them and their likes, which is overall a good thing for the series.

Just to add to this, I will say GF is not the best at doing this. They put Lucario, Blaziken and such Pokemon in spotlight before anyone cared about them. That was favoritism. They did that wrong. And while inclusion of Greninja in Smash was not a decision made by GameFreak, it had a similar effect. It put a Pokemon in the spotlight before anyone wanted it in the spotlight. I do not agree with handling the "shilling" this way. It is wrong and pretty much disrespectful towards the fans.
>>
>>32281438
Pokken is how you do realistic looking mons. Not the spooky gross shit I see so may artists doing.
>>
>>32285170
hipster fag
>>
>>32285216
Not a Fire-type.
>>
>>32281136
>implying doesn't know how much a force of funneled water would hurt
>>
>>32285421
Actually, you're wrong. Clefairy was supposed to be Ash's partner in the anime but they conducted a poll in Japan and Pikachu won.
>>
>>32286864
Give a source on this. I know about the Clefairy bit, but this is the first I've heard of a poll that Pikachu won. Pikachu was a relatively obscure Pokemon who people only knew him for being available early. That was it, at least where I lived. As far as I'm aware, Pikachu was picked on random. Please provide a source for that poll.
>>
>>32285216
Salamence looks like a retard though.
>>
>>32286771
to be fair, many still consider Pokken models to be repulsive

realism and Pokemon's cartoonish designs just don't mesh together very well
>>
>>32286881
he pulled it out of his ass

they considered several pokemon for ash's partner pokemon (including clefairy and cubone) but pikachu was picked in the end because they thought it was going to beappealing to both boys and girls alike
>>
I don't give a shit what anyone says, Typhlosion will always be my bro.
I love you, Backburner.
>>
>>32285302
>nor does it get any exclusive attention while ignoring others
>red's canon starter retconned
>2 (TWO) (1+3-2) megas
>BURASTO BAAN
>>
File: smugreaper.jpg (816KB, 1002x3246px) Image search: [Google]
smugreaper.jpg
816KB, 1002x3246px
>>32281036
Nah, I can't say I hate it. It just never felt as special to me, and sugimori himself hates my favorite out of the trio so felt kind of snubbed by Charizard.
It's a fair design though. Lovely contrast of colors and an expressive face with defined features that make it very endearing.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.