[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I picked up Pokemon Sun last month after basically avoiding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-Pokemon.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-Pokemon.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
So, I picked up Pokemon Sun last month after basically avoiding /vp/ towards the end of the leaking season (I saw the starter evolutions and had a glance at the other new Pokemon but otherwise mostly forgot about them all until picking the game up) so I essentially played it without knowing much about it.

Good:
>They actually tried with the story
>Abandonment of HMs
>Region exclusive objective in the Island Challenge
>Aether Foundation plot twist
>Poke Pelago
>Being able to place a newly caught Pokemon in your party without the PC
>The removal of all battles other than single and double (I think, I haven't finished the game yet)
>Z moves
>Lana is cute af
>Other trainers use varying ball types
>No new trade evolutions

Bad:
>Cringey Z dances
>Hau being a beta as shit rival who chooses the starter that has a type disadvantage to yours
>Choice of clothes is terrible
>Male character cannot have a long haircut
>Rotom Dex
>Professor "Yeah! Woo!"
>Raising my male Salandit to level 30 before realising it won't evolve
>Golisopod's "Emergency Exit"
>No three-stage evolution lines outside of the starters, regional bird, regional bug, pseudo-legendary and box art legendary

So pretty good overall, might get Pokemon Moon next year for a second playthrough. Definitely the most memorable main games since Generation 3. Objectively speaking (not including remakes):

2>1>3>7>4>5>6 is the new order.
>>
>>32280215
>They actually tried with the story
This is not a positive. No narrative is preferable to a bad one. No narrative is preferable to a good one, even. It doesn't have any place in main Pokémon games.
>>
>>32280215

>No three-stage evolution lines outside of the starters, regional bird, regional bug, pseudo-legendary and box art legendary

Tsareena is the only one that isn't. Shame, I like three stage lines. Alola had too many single stagers.
>>
>>32280239
Not OP but I enjoyed that it had a story. The barebones excuse plots were wearing a little thin after so many gens with it.
>>
>>32280239
I disagree. The lore Pokemon is now adding to its story is actually pretty interesting and helps flesh out the world. No narrative would just be a repetitive stream of battles.
>>
>>32280266
Not OP either but this exactly.
Not that /vp/ would like any story anyway.
>>
>>32280215

>Cringey Z dances
They're supposed to be ridiculous and over the top.
>Hau being a beta as shit rival who chooses the starter that has a type disadvantage to yours
True.
>Choice of clothes is terrible
Fair enough.
>Male character cannot have a long haircut
The default hair is long enough. What are you, a faggot?
>Rotom Dex
What's wrong with it?
>Professor "Yeah! Woo!"
Yes, how dare they give us a cool Professor for once instead of generic and bland ones like every past gen?
>Raising my male Salandit to level 30 before realising it won't evolve
Well, that's what happens when you play blind. Might as well complain about Combee.
>Golisopod's "Emergency Exit"
That's a good ability.
>>
>>32280215
The male character got shafted for custom options dude, it's just like XY there.
I'm fine with it because I play as best girl but the girls have almost double the guy options.
>>
>>32280215
Hau isn't the rival actually, he serves more as the Bianca type character. The character with a theme titled "Rival Battle" is actually Gladion.

Also Lana is indeed cute af
>>
File: Ric Flair.gif (521KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ric Flair.gif
521KB, 200x200px
>>32280215

>Professor "Yeah!" Woo!"

Those are references to Macho Man and Ric Flair. Considering his alter ego, he's just referencing some of the greats.
>>
>>32280266

I would have enjoyed the story.

If 60% of it didn't primarily focus on giving a shit about the "please don't care about me even though you're forced to care about me either way now let me handhold you to the next meaningful event" Lillie and her dysfunctional family while having her appear every goddamn ten seconds.
>>
>>32280463
I enjoyed that it wasn't focused on the player character and used a different character as the main protagonist. It's certainly more refreshing rather than simply having the protag solo every part of the game as the chosen one, and it helps them care more for a character.
However I do think they should have let players who don't like it to skip it. Unskippable cutscenes and dialogue suck.
>>
>>32280215
instead of asking what gen 7 did better than gen 4 i am gonna ask what gen 4 did worse than gen 7.
>>
>>32280285
>They're supposed to be ridiculous and over the top.
I know, but that doesn't stop them from being cringey.
>The default hair is long enough. What are you, a faggot?
I have long/mid-length hair now, and used to have very long hair and am considering it again in the future. I can confirm that I have and always will be heterosexual.
>What's wrong with it?
Again, cringey dialogue.
>Yes, how dare they give us a cool Professor for once instead of generic and bland ones like every past gen?
How exactly is it cool?
>Well, that's what happens when you play blind. Might as well complain about Combee.
I do have complaints about that. It sucks to put time into raising a Pokemon that will forever be a shitmon because you wanted a fresh, research-less experience.
>That's a good ability.
It fucked me over 8 times out of 10.

>>32280340
This makes perfect sense now, but without context it's still cringey as hell.
>>
>>32280285
>defending nu-male professor
>defending salandit and combee
>actually defending an ability that makes evolving more difficult
>>
Play the romhack of sun with the expanded Dex. It's so much better and there's actually a challenge
>>
>>32280215
>>Hau being a beta as shit rival who chooses the starter that has a type disadvantage to yours
Thank god you have two rivals then.

>>32280589
>>actually defending an ability that makes evolving more difficult
But it doesn't. Magikarp can't possibly defeat an opponent.
>>
>>32280215
>someone with a reasonable opinion who addresses why they feel the way they do rather than insults and shitflinging
>someone who doesn't rate the game as either the absolute worst or absolute best and bases it on how they felt without using extremes
Get out while you can, you're out of your element dude. This place isn't for people like this.
>>
>>32280340
Kukui has an alter ego?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.