[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I have never played a fourth generation Pokémon game I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6569.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6569.png
118KB, 250x224px
>I have never played a fourth generation Pokémon game

I am curious about Platinum because I have heard that it's actually good.

What is the verdict on this game?
>>
it's good
>>
Fucking play it. It's another fucking genwar thread, end yourself.
>>
File: 1369525177704.png (227KB, 793x736px) Image search: [Google]
1369525177704.png
227KB, 793x736px
>asking /vp/ on their opinion on anything
>>
>>32279000
Kinda slow, but good enough.
>>
>>32279000
It sux
>>
>>32279000
Up there in the trinity of best games along with Emerald and B2W2.
>>
>>32279000
regional dex is garbage aside from the good gen4 mons, but it has alot of content
>>
>>32279000
Not may favourite but it was definitely memorable.
>>
It's good. You might as well play this over Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>32279000
I tried it for the first time a while back and I thought it was pretty bad.
>>
just finished replaying it this week
I still love it
>>
playing it on an emulator with speed up is the best gen 4 experience desu.
>>
Play Platinum then proceed on to HG/SS. D/P are to damn slow and poorly paced and almost the reason I dropped Pokemon.
>>
Platinum is a little slow, but it's a damn good Pokémon game. One of the best. Unfortunately though you'll need to keep a Bibarel with you the whole way for the HMs that are trash in battle.
>>
>>32279000
Yep, it's good. A bit slow now compared to newer games, but it can entertain you for a long time.
>>
Good, but the need for HMs frequently may deter you at times. Platinum's got a bit of an increased difficulty as well, which is nice (speaking purely from nuzlocking experience), and it balances out some of the regional dex problems present in DP.
Also, no more crawling across water while surfing.
>>
File: MDSky_EP1.png (502KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
MDSky_EP1.png
502KB, 510x383px
>>32283082
HM's were never a problem to me thanks to all the bidoof. I caught 2 early on along with a staravia for fly/defog, kept them in the PC, and swapped them for my strongest pokemon when i needed to use an HM. Helped keep the team well leveled and HM free.
>>
>>32279000
Playing it right now as a matter of fact.

It's tougher than I remember.
>>
>>32281363
>Bibarel
Don't forget Defog, the worst HM move in the entire series.
>>
>>32281363
>you'll need to keep a Bibarel with you the whole way for the HMs
Only HMs you need are rock smash, rock climb, surf, and waterfall.
The only shit one is rock smash. Waterfall is only needed at victory road.
Why do you need HM slaves at all post RBY?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.