[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wait, so Ash knew about Marshadow, Incineroar , Lucario and Piplup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

File: poster1.jpg (133KB, 640x970px) Image search: [Google]
poster1.jpg
133KB, 640x970px
wait, so Ash knew about Marshadow, Incineroar , Lucario and Piplup BEFORE his 6 more gens of adventures?
>>
Ash said in XY that he knows a Piplup (which is the only continuity reference in XYZ), but he never said who it belonged to
>>
>>32277813
No. It's pretty obvious that the movie is in a AU.
>>
>>32277829
Australia? Straya cunt mate
>>
>>32277829
>>32277839
good, i want my kangaroomon. with boxing gloves
>>
>>32277827
So that means XY(&Z) and M20 take place in the megaverse?
>>
It's just the anime makers trying to cash in on 20th anniversary hype and genwunners, but without actually caring enough about what oldfags think to try and get all the old cast back fit all the old characters in there (I recall them outright saying once they expect kids to only watch the show for a couple years or so). So they're just using the half-assed nostalgia bait as a vehicle to push the new Pokemon and OCs they came up with.
>>
>>32277863
Probably. That's why, and except for BW (and that's because it was literally the immediate previous series), XY had zero references to previous series outside a vague "yeah, Satoshi has been traveling for a while now and has caught his share of mons".
>>
holy shit shut the fuck up about the megaverse

is it not obvious that they're just getting around to cashing in their "let's go meet Ho-oh someday" promise thus far in the series? They'll recap nostalgia factors in an updated animation style but it seems pretty clear that Marshadow is suddenly guiding them to Ho-oh's house
>>
>>32277872
Yeah it seems like it, they're pandering to genwunners but also throwing in Piplup and Lucario because they're popular along with Gen 7 Pokemon to promote that too. At least we finally get Ho-Oh properly I guess.
>>
>>32277882
XY literally starts with Ash arriving in Kalos with Alexa after entering a plane with her on the last episode of BW, though. And BW had explicit references to the previous seasons, with the same episode even having him reminiscing about all his previous companions and Gary.

So unless the plane he was on crossed another dimension or something, OS-AG-DP-BW-XY(-SM?) are all the same person, with M20 Ash being the only one who's really an AU version of him.
>>
>>32277882
In XY, Ash did mention that he and pikachu knew a powerful Piplup, but now we know it could've been the Piplup that's going to show up in M20.
>>
>>32277855
>good, i want my kangaroomon. with boxing gloves
just put some boxing gloves to your khangaskan m8
>>
File: SS037.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SS037.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>32277882
>XY had zero references to previous series outside a vague "yeah, Satoshi has been traveling for a while now and has caught his share of mons".
>implying

I know this was just a special but you can't pretend it didn't happen or isn't canon
>>
>>32277973

There was nothing as explicit as Ash mentioning all the Tauros he's caught in the first episode of SM
>>
it's a reboot not a remake
>>
>>32277990
Cilan literally had flashbacks of BW Ash in the same scene Clemont had flashbacks of XY Ash

It doesn't make any sense to claim that XY is in the "megaverse" and everything before it, including BW, isn't
>>
>>32277990
>Ash mentioning all the Tauros he's caught
M20 Ash could have also caught some Tauros tho
Until we see references to his previous companions I think it's valid to believe SM is also an AU, especially because of the different artstyle
>>
I just watched the trailer. Why the fuck would they put those nobodies with him as companions instead of Brock and Misty?
>>
Maybe it was a different BW. Alternate universes and stuff.
>>
>>32278149
I'm trying to think of a good reason to do that but the best I can come up with is:
a) these kids are going to appear in the next game so they're just using the movie to promote the games like always
b) they didn't want to pick Misty because MayDawnIrisSerenafags could get upset their waifus didn't get to appear
c) maybe they want to actually put Ash in the games, but to do that they had to completely separate his story from Red's, so they removed every game character with a different role/story in the anime, which includes Brock, Misty and Gary
d) they have no idea what they're doing and tried to appeal to both nostalgiafags and regular anime watchers at the same time
>>
>Origins was supposed to be an adaption of the games, but they shoved Mega Charizard X in to advertise XY

Same deal here

They put Lucario and Piplup in to advertise DP remakes, and Incineroar in to advertise Gen 7
>>
>>32278246
Considering this is the ashnime we're talking about, it's probably the last one.
>>
>yfw Cyrus is the one who forced the Ultra Beasts to flee to the normie world after conquering theirs

>we get Ultra Platinum and Prism Thunder instead of the basic remakes
>>
>>32278149
Because they're idiots, why should I care about a couple random characters who have never appeared in the games and are probably only going to be in this one movie, above characters we already know? Seriously don't understand the point of retconning 2 important anime characters.
>>
>>32278329
I don't get how this pleases anyone.
Genwunners who dropped the show probably wanted to see the old gang again.
Long-time viewers probably hate that they're tackling a long-lingering question of the show in a non-canon movie.
Kids wouldn't give a shit either way and they could just introduce Brock/Misty in the movie.
And people who just hate the anime...well, I guess they'll be pleased since they can shitpost about it.
>>
>>32277813
The only canon movies are the first three
>>
>>32278344
Yeah it really doesn't make sense from any perspective. Maybe this anon is right and they're advertising for the next game >>32278246 but I kind of doubt that.
>>
>>32278398
I mean, the advertising angle does make sense since it's what they've done with every single one of the last 19 movies.
>>
>Marshadow was in Ash's shadow the whole time for no apparent reason
This makes me think this movie is more like an illusion created by Marshadow than anything else
>>
>>32277813
I don't think anyone even fucking knows anymore
>>
This is the best thing that could have happened. It's how the experience of Ash's adventure would have actually gone, instead of just seeing Kanto only Pokémon. Other Pokémon exist and they have to acknowledge it
>>
>>32278474
That's what I like too. However I did wish to see Brock and Misty...
>>
I'm more hyped for the new mezase pokemon master remix than the movie to be honest
>>
>>32278240
Unless Misty is a literal liability, a new character is always going to be riskier, especially if they have no video game presence unlike every other companion.
>>
>>32278406
Well yeah they're obviously advertising Marshadow, but I doubt the human characters are going to appear in the next game. Has a character introduced in the anime ever appeared in the games (outside of Yellow, which was directly based on the anime)?
>>
>>32278246
>d) they have no idea what they're doing and tried to appeal to both nostalgiafags and regular anime watchers at the same time
Even this makes little sense, because anime fans are just as unfamiliar with these new characters.
>>
>>32278489
Sir Aaron/Riley kinda
>>
>>32278489
More importantly, movie exclusive characters, even ones centric to that movie, are almost always one offs.
>>
>>32278489
>Has a character introduced in the anime ever appeared in the games (outside of Yellow, which was directly based on the anime)?

Riley is clearly based on Sir Aaron
Ash-Greninja
Ash cameo in the Mimikyu trial
>>
>>32278496
The autists who have been watching Pokemon non-stop for 15+ years? They don't give a shit about them, this movie was made with the intent of showing Ash's origins to the 10yo children that are currently watching the anime.
>>
So is he just not collecting gym badges? Or are the gyms gonna me different? Because they will have to at least encounter Brock otherwise.
>>
>>32278489
BURASTO man was referenced by Steven
>>
>>32278518
But why would the kids watching SM care about a movie without Lillie, Kiawe, Comedy Relief Owl or any of the SM characters they see on TV besides Ash and Pikachu?
>>
>>32277813
Pokemon anime past Suzuran conference is not canon. This makes no exception.
This is a spin-off/what if, while OS01 is still the canon depiction of Ash's journey begining.
>>
>>32278569
>Pokemon anime past Suzuran conference is not canon.

Show me an official statement, otherwise you're talking out your ass
>>
File: 1462057837024.png (127KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
1462057837024.png
127KB, 400x551px
>ITT people that don't know what a retcon is
>>
>>32277863
>>32277882
Let's fucking not
>>
File: worse than ghetsis.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
worse than ghetsis.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>32277863
doNT
DONT DO THSI
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic more than anything. The reboot concept is interesting. Featuring Pokémon from all gens feels more fair as an anniversary celebration than only Kanto mons and Ho-Oh.

That said, at worst the movie seems to be going in the direction of "shallow marketing vehicle disguised as a nostalgia trip", and I really hope it isn't the case.
>>
Ash is now a separate character from Red instead of just his anime counterpart.

This is the story of Gameverse Ash.
>>
>>32278951
Oh, all gens feels nice, no doubt of that.
I'd love to throw out the "Pokemon and things like eggs are still being discovered! Totally nothing like entire creation myths that would've spread worldwide." that plagues the anime (or possibly, buy into it way harder).
But if you're going to do an Ash origin story, stick to Brock and Misty.
It's weird, I feel like I've been betrayed on a personal level somehow.
>>
>>32279148
Still, at least there were almost no hints of Brock and Misty returning, unlike with the Femtwo fiasco 4 years ago.
>>
>>32277945
Probably. It's not like any of his companions ever had a Piplup so far.
>>
>>32279200
>almost no hints
>a movie about the start of Kanto
>misty appears in EP02 during the Spearow attack
>>
>>32279410
As far as we knew it up until this trailer landed the movie was just an extended version of EP01, meaning it was too early for Brock and Misty would have at best a cameo role to fish Ash out and lose her bike.
>>
>>32277813
his completely retcons the entire anime though.
>>
File: BAIT Lana.png (92KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BAIT Lana.png
92KB, 625x626px
>>32279612
Ho-Oh appeared after the Spearow incident.
It was in the rainbow after the thunderstorm.
>>
>>32277855
>what is Breloom
>>
>>32278149
Because the only people who like Misty are dubfags
>>
>>32278103
But M20 Ash is clearly in the old style.

>>32278486
>especially if they have no video game presence
What if they do?
>>
Why is everything making this more complicated than it needs to be? The anime series is a linear continuity. SM is a continuation of XY, which is a sequel to BW. BW takes place after DP and so forth.

The movie isn't connected to the anime besides Ash. The gameverse theory is probably the most reasonable thing I've heard so far.
>>
>>32282132
Because 911 really fucked up people in terms of always trying to overthink simple things.
>>
>>32278617 #
People understand the general idea you imbecile, the issue is that it's a liability as it doesn't serve any logical purpose, either writing-wise or marketing-wise.

Don't be intentionally obtuse.
>>
>>32282712
It kind of works Marketing wise, it'll sell more toys for kids.
>>
>>32277829
Did he have to run 12 hours to get there?
>>
>>32282743
Wouldn't making toys of Misty and Brock accomplish just that?

In fact, wouldn't it sell MORE toys as their merchandise would also appeal to the oldfag crowd, as well?
>>
I'm more worried about Ash not even making it to the first Gym in this movie, since it looks like they are desperate to work around Brock and Misty.
>>32282743
Trainers really rarely get toys. Even super popular ones like Dawn hardly have a couple in existence to this day. Unless these guys are in the next games somehow, this doesn't seem like it will have payoff.
>>
>>32282029
Is her Japanese voice really shitty or something?
>>
>>32282936
The movie is titled like the first episode of the anime so it makes sense no gym no shit.
>>
Theories:
- Marshadow has fucked up the continuity. This theory makes no sense because nothing about Marshadow implies it's some spacetime-bending behemoth.
- Megaverse theory. Makes no sense, nothing in the anime series has suggested or otherwise implied that there's been a distortion in its timeline.
- GF/TPCi no longer has rights to the original scenario of the first few seasons. Seems really probable, and explains various decisions that have been made the last few years – XY being a very continuity-averse story, the new Mewtwo that completely sidesteps the original Mewtwo without so much as alluding to it, etc. Not a great theory because if they were in this situation, the easiest way around it would be to do what XYZ did and effectively ignore everything that came before, not do the opposite and go head-first into it and messily retcon everything and raise more questions than anything it might answer.
- Self-contained movie theory. Simplest explanation, also the most likely one. The series almost never references the events of movies anyways, so trying to tie it in is providing headcanon answers to a question that's never really asked.
>>
>>32278344
>>32278550
These, it's just weird. It's meant to primarily appeal to genwunners who'd want to see the old gang, but then they boot them to shoehorn in 2 popular later gen pokemon and 2 current gen for promotion, which is something genwunners wouldn't care for at all and put them off watching. And kids don't have any attachment to gen 1 and are are currently watching SM, but this has none of their fave SM exclusive characters either. It's like a strange grab-bag of appealing to past fans while marketing new shit.
>>
>>32283003
>time space fuckery
Sinnoh confirmed.
>>
>>32277863
That old man they revealed yesterday clearly has a mega ring/bracelet so I would say yes
>>
>>32283158
Or a Z ring?
>>
>>32278103
the art-style is different because the XY team was handpicked for the anniversary movie since it's a bigger deal than the S/M cartoon ad.
>>
>>32278486
>Unless Misty is a literal liability, a new character is always going to be riskier, especially if they have no video game presence unlike every other companion.

They are the new Green and Blue.

Red will be revealed once the RBG-Tri are officially announced.
>>
>>32283215
>Red will be revealed once the RBG-Tri are officially announced.
Please no.

Please do not exist.
>>
>>32283003
>GF/TPCi no longer has rights to the original scenario of the first few seasons. Seems really probable
>explains the new Mewtwo that completely sidesteps the original Mewtwo without so much as alluding to it
But if that was the case then was did Best Wishes have an entire episode full of redrawn flashbacks focusing on Charizard, from the first season, as well as Orange Islands, Johto and Battle Frontier? The last season of BW also had a similar episode regarding Ash's Butterfree.

The theory that they lose the rights to the first season doesn't make any sense. Things like Femtwo and this movie were completely deliberate choices.
>>
>>32278489
Other than Ash-Greninja, none. Riley is based on Aaron, clearly, but who knows which one was made first. It's just as likely that they made Riley first, had Aaron appear to promote Lucario.
>>
>>32277863
The anime takes place in its own fucked up universe. There's no "Oldverse" and "Megaverse", those things only exist in the games.
>>
>>32277942
>SM?
When the XY&Z anime ended, it didn't go all "Until next time" as every single other season has done. It literally said "The end" or something like that. And then the SM season begins and acts like Ash has never been anywhere else in the world before. So I'd say the "anime universes" go like:

OG to XY&Z

SM

M20
>>
>>32284542
>those things only exist in the games
Do they even?
>>
>>32278489
Butler and Diane from the 6th movie appear in I think Platinum, but the translators missed it and turned them into random nobodies.
>>
>>32282944
No, but most of her western fans are either obsessed with the romance "subplot" the dub made up or "muh stronk feminist that doesn't wear no skirts" cancer that Japan doesn't really have.
>>
>>32284582
In reality an archetype that even back then was old.
>>
>>32284586
Most genwunner dubfags don't watch anime.
>>
>>32284582
That doesn't mean she doesn't have a sizable japanese fanbase. The main anime girls are literally the most entry-level poké waifus someone could have.

And marketing-wise, replacing well-established characters with literal nobodies makes absolutely no sense, unless the two kids from the movie appear in the next game.
>>
>>32284614
>the two kids don't appear in the next game
How mad would nostalgiafaggots be?
>>
Ash really IS in a coma during the events of this movie.
>>
>the Pokemon anime writers are so incompetent they can't even do nostalgiabait right
Jesus I knew they were talentless hacks but you'd think they would be able to do what even the writers of the shitty live action Transformers movies knew how to do.
>>
>>32284621
If they don't appear then I at least hope the movie or the next games confirm the theory that M20 Ash is Gameverse Ash. Otherwise I'll be eternally confused about the writers' decision to replace the 3/5 of the main cast with irrelevant cotds.
>>
>>32277829
please please please be true
I beg you
>>
>>32284637
Movie characters tend(not always) to be one offs.
>>
>>32284656
What difference does it make really?
>>
>>32282029
I am positive there is a nonzero amount of fans of Misty (and more importantly, Brock) in the Japanese fanbase, so replacing them has almost no upside, other than that it allows the writers to continue being lazy shits because they can't be assed to remember their continuity or whatever. It pisses off old viewers and new viewers probably don't give a shit either way.
>>
>>32277813
He either gets his memory erased at the end or it's a completely different universe (the latter seems more like as the trailer showed Ash vs. Erika and we've never seen it happen like that)
>>
>>32284665
Maybe they just don't really like the older series.
>>
>>32284660
Yeah, they're played by celebrities who get cast for the roles so they can be used in marketing. The entire point is for them to only appear in the movie, since they can't keep their VAs around for a TV show.
>>
>>32284670
You mean the writers? That might make some sense yeah.

If you mean the audience though, I don't think that would matter. As long as there is a nonzero fanbase for the old characters it makes sense to try to grab those nostalgiabux because it's more common for the fanboy autists outnumber the autists who are going to swear off the movie just because they're in it.

But maybe the whole "celebrity as voice actors" thing outweighs the nostalgiabux. One wonders why they wouldn't just do both though, if that was the case.
>>
>>32284663
Do you really wanna see your childhood wiped out, bit by bit like this?
>>
>>32284696
They are. They're getting the nostalgiabux from retelling how Ash and Pikachu met. That's the big nostalgia story nips are attached to, not some side characters that stood around doing nothing a lot.
"This movie has a main character played by Kanata Hongo" is going to get more people into the theater than "This movie has Brock in it", and the former is something they can use to market it to EVERYONE.
>>
Between removing OS characters and the kiddy-centered new season of the show, I really wonder how the anime fans continue to watch the show when it seems like the staff go out of their way to show that they not only don't care about you, it's quite possible they actively despise you. This isn't even the first time they've done this.
>>
>>32284713
Brock was in the show for like a full decade or some shit and I think in part it was because he was popular. Cutting Misty I'd get what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure people will be salty that at least that guy's not in.
>>
File: Marshadow.jpg (175KB, 1695x854px) Image search: [Google]
Marshadow.jpg
175KB, 1695x854px
>>32277813
Marshadow was living in Ash's shadow all time along.

Pic related
>>
>>32284737
Maybe salty, but not so salty they refuse to go see it.
>>
>>32284743
Eh...you might be right, I think they're betting on the fact that if someone is autistic enough to watch this show continuously for like 10+ years, there's just about nothing that would make them stop watching.
>>
>>32284704
My childhood is in the past, they can't wipe that regardless.
>>
>>32284713
Wait, do you seriously believe nostalgiafags don't care about Misty, Brock and Gary?

Sure they might not be the main nostalgia factor for most, or at least not compared to Ash and Pikachu themselves, but you're completely deluded if you don't think the older japanese fanbase for the show doesn't care about them or wouldn't appreciate seeing them again.

And the VAs could simply be used for minor roles like they've been doing for over a decade now.
>>
>>32284696
I'm talking about the writers, yes.

>>32284737
Honestly, considering the whole "retelling of the first episode" although this kind of a different approach, meant Brock didn't really have much of a chance to begin with.
>>
>>32284754
If you look at the commentary from the VAs, they're aiming this at current fans and "adults that watched the show as kids". The latter group is getting their nostalgia from the "Ash and Pikachu's first meeting" thing.
>>
>>32284761
That's one way of looking at it.
It just doesn't sit right with me one bit to have this shit happen though
And even more, think of the consequences it will have on the board. You think the tumblr and reddit fags we're getting now is bad? Wait until another generation comes along that thinks that Gary, Brock, all the good bits of the anime, hell, any of it prior to their retconning, didn't even exist!
>>
U1
>Kanto Johto OG
>Hoenn
>Sinnoh
>???

U2 (Current)
>Movie 20
>BW
>XY/Z
>Sun/Moon
>>
>>32284743
I think if this happened to a show I followed I'd be pretty ticked off, enough that I wouldn't go see it in the theater. They're answering a decades-long question about the character established in the first episode of the show in what looks to be a non-canon movie.

Though hardcore fans like that are the minority to be sure. It does say a lot about what they think of their audience though. I mean, I think I know soap operas that respect their audiences more.
>>
>>32284778
Your memories are yours anon, a retcon in a piece of a fictional story can't change that.

>And even more, think of the consequences it will have on the board
Don't care, I guess I'll just laugh at it as I usually do.
>>
>part of the movie needs to be used to retell the first episode of the anime
>then the rest has to focus on Ash chasing Ho-Oh
>but it also has to introduce his new companions and develop them through the movie
>and apparently there'll also include some gym battles
>and there's also a mysterious old man also chasing Ho-OH
>and also a new edgy rival
>on top of that, Marshadow is there for some reason
>maybe even Necrozma could appear because of that TCG set, who the fuck knows
>all this in more or less 90 minutes

This movie is going to be a total clusterfuck.
>>
>>32284786
I follow the series, and you know what? I'm fine with this, why? Because at any rate the series that preceded OS(except for BW) were actually better.
>>
>>32284791
The gym battles and captures are probably just going to be a montage.
>>
>>32284791
Pretty much all the Pokemon movies have been clusterfucks for a long time now. They always shoehorn in like 4 different legendaries/mythicals.
>>
>>32284791
The first three things yes, the rest is up in air and the second one got to see how far they go. The companions will get as much development as usual movie characters get and that's it.
>>
>>32284783
>U2 (Current)
>Movie 20
>BW
>XY/Z
>Sun/Moon
Dawn and Brock appear in BW
Every past companion and Gary appear in a flashback in BW
Cialn appears in XY

Movie 20 doesn't fit with any part of the anime continuity. Just treat it as its own thing.
>>
>>32284786
Most people that currently follow the series don't care all THAT much or Misty and Brock, since they were kinda shitty in comparison to the companions that followed. It's the people that HAVEN'T followed it for ages that are mad. You know, the genwunners.
>>
>>32284795
>>32284803
Eh, well, good to know you anons will enjoy it then. I dunno, I guess for me something comparable was One More Day from the Spiderman comics. It's infamous at this point, but it sounds like this is kinda similar to that where they fucked decades of the character's history because they thought it would earn them more money in the long run.

For someone who sticks by a character for a long time through all the good stories and the bad stories, to throw it all out just seems like an insult to your fans.
>>
>>32284812
Sure it could turn out bad but eh for starters the idea is interesting.
>>
>>32284812
It's more comparable to the non-existent people that rage about how all the modern material about high school Peter Parker has Mary Jane instead of Betty Brant.
>>
>>32278511
>Riley is clearly based on Sir Aaron
It's probably the other way around
>>
>>32284818
Eh...I guess I see what you're saying, because there's nothing indicating that this is a retcon or just an alternative universe. If it's the former I think I'd relate to a lot of the nerd rage. The problem with One More Day is that it deleted a lot of the fictional history of what was a contiguous character, which was a big problem (that and the whole "deal with the devil" thing). People usually don't complain about Mary Jane being with high school Peter because those stories are pretty much always an alternate Peter Parker somehow.
>>
>>32284834
This movie is very, very, VERY clearly a one-time-deal alternate universe thing.
>>
>>32284783
BW is in the same universe as OS (or Kanto Johto OG) as you liked to call it because of Charizard, the flashbacks, the opening showing Oak's lab etc. This means XY(Z) is inthe same universe because of Cilan meeting Bonnie and Clemont.

Only Movie 20 is AU
>>
>>32284790
Ask /tg/ about Matt Ward

That's the sort of thing I'm worried about here
or even worse, it turning into yet another sjw cash grab shit, like what happened to the powerpuff girls or something

At least Samurai Jack turned out well enough, so its not impossible for things to go to shit.
>>
>>32284919
>or even worse, it turning into yet another sjw cash grab shit
Not sure if Japan cares.
>>
>>32284922
Nintendo of America tho...
>>
>>32284941
They've already proven that they'll just censor what Japan releases out rather than tell Japan they CAN'T release it, so I'm not sure why that matters
>>
>>32284941
I highly doubt they have any say on this. At most they'll shit up the localization but I'm not sure they even have a call on that.
>>
>>32277863
>XY(&Z) and M20 take place in the megaverse?
>Alexa
>>
File: 1477186559012.jpg (110KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
1477186559012.jpg
110KB, 1000x746px
>>32277813
Ash is nothing. At this point, he isn't a person, rather a concept. An idea. A phantom, one who exists, yet lacks a form. He is nothing. He is everything.
>>
>>32284551
But in SM Ash says that he has caught the Tauros
>>
>>32285042
Not to mention the flashback shows Ash giving Oak his Pokémon from Kalos to store
>>
>>32285108
Eh, for the sake of argument, he actually he gives Oak 5 Pokéballs when he had 3 Pokémon left from Kalos, plus it was never stated to be his Kalos Pokémon. Regardless it doesn't make sense he had them with him in first place if he was to leave them when next time he went away.
>>
>>32284797
I doubt they are going to make Charmander's capture a montage.
>>
It's obvious that the new "Misty" and "Brock" will be the new respective gym leaders at the Kanto remakes (sequels?) coming this year or the next one. They did it with Origins, and they will do it again.
>>
>>32285160
He still had Greninja and Goodra's Poke Balls they were just empty.
>>
>>32286448
>completely new Kanto gym leaders

I'm okay with this, but only if a complete redesign of the region comes with it.
>>
>>32286474
>>32286448
We already saw Pikachu battling Tangela in what looks like Erika's gym though
>>
>>32284742
And slowing sapping away ashes experience and growth, thus making him young forever.

Yes, it's all coming together.
>>
>>32284802
>on't care about Misty, Brock and Gary?
>Sure they might not be the main nostalgia factor for most, or at least not compared to Ash and Pikachu themselves, but you're completely deluded if you don't think the older japanese fanbase for the show doesn't care about them or wouldn't appreciate seeing them again.
>And the VAs could simply be used for minor roles like they've been doing for
>>32284848
Explain SM then
>>
>>32284742
>Marshadow
>Mar-Sha-Dow
>Sha
>Ash

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER ASH IS MARSHADOWS TRUE FORM MY GOD
>>
>>32286585
The only way SM and XY are connected so far is that Ash is seen giving his pokeball to Oak before leaving for Alola
>>
>>32284791
>20 minute retelling of Ash's first day as a trainer and introducing his companions
>Montage with catchy music showing Ash's journey throughout Kanto
>Main plot takes place post Kanto league with Ash searching for Ho-Oh and discovering Marshadow

Is it that hard to do that? hell its a pretty hyped up movie so I am sure it will be around 120 minutes long so dedicating like 30 minutes to Ash's friends and journey in Kanto wouldn't hurt the Ho-Oh and Marshadow story at all.
>>
File: 1429203559272.png (515KB, 902x380px) Image search: [Google]
1429203559272.png
515KB, 902x380px
>>32284798
>tfw we were lied to
>>
File: 1491636488408.jpg (286KB, 1041x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491636488408.jpg
286KB, 1041x1500px
>>32282947
We see that Ash is battling in a gym arena in the second trailer. Assuming that the larger pokemon outside of the circle are Ash's captures, he'll get six badges in this movie since it would make sense for him to have Gengar and Charizard by that time.

>Ash meets Pikachu
>Ash tries to save Pikachu from Spearow flock. Ho-oh flies by them and hands them his feather. Duo makes their vow, and they meet Bonji.
>Ash and Pikachu work together to capture Caterpie.
>Ash meets Team Rocket and Makoto in Viridian City.
>Ash defeats Misty and Brock. Caterpie evolves into Metapod and into Butterfree. Marshadow begins stalking Ash.
>Ash meets the Lucario trainer.
>Ash captures Charmander.
>Montage of Ash defeating gym leader while the theme song is playing with more focus on the battle against Lt.Surge to emphasize Pikachu's growth. Ash captures Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Charmander becomes Charizard. He also catches a Lapras.
>After defeating Sabrina, Ash gets a Haunter who then evolves into Gengar.
>Badge quest is put on the sideline once Ash meets up with Bonji, Makoto and the Lucario trainer.
>Main Ho-oh plot begins.
>Ash is unable to find Ho-oh and is challenged by Cross, who is also on the badge hunt.
>Loses to Cross and gets injured by his Incineroar. Ho-oh intervenes.
>Ash and Pikachu make their dream to Ho-oh. To be the very best.
>Movie ends

The second movie could focus on Team Rocket, the Viridian City Gym, a true Giovanni battle, and Mewtwo. Next year is the 20th anniversary of the first movie afterall. 2019 would be the anniversary of the Orange Islands, which is the only league that Ash won, so a potential third movie could focus on the Indigo League.

The title "I Choose You" is a reference to the first episode, but in the case of M20, what if they choose that title to mark the beginning of a movie series? A trilogy seems viablea because three movies per generation seems to be the standard.
>>
>>32284553
Depending on how you define them yes or no, but generally, the people who use the term megaverse are wrong.
>>
This movie is going to be a bad fanfic
>>
>>32277813
We'll probably get the full story.

I'm betting on the idea that Ash and Pikachu's origins being retold was more or less a framing device to justify Ho-Oh. The rest of the events could very well be something like post-Kalos or pre-Johto or a glorified retcon to say those Pokemon existed day 1 like Mega Evolution in The Origin.
>>
>>32283003
>- Marshadow has fucked up the continuity. This theory makes no sense because nothing about Marshadow implies it's some spacetime-bending behemoth.
This is what I believe, except instead of bending spacetime, it's more likely bringing Ash/Satoshi into some alternate shadow world. Probably so it could be his friend or something silly like that.
>>
>>32278580
Ash being resetted after DP.
And, like the said above, only vague references to older episodes but nothing definite.
Probabily after DP those are just alternative universes, unlike OS, AG and DP which have a strict continuity.
>>
>>32278344
>I don't get how this pleases anyone.

I don't know, but I like it. The trailer screams adventure. It's the reason I fell in love with this series back then, that feeling of leaving on a journey to explore the vast wilderness, and this movie seems to get this right.
>>
>>32288008

Dawn and Brock appear in BW. Cilan appears in the XYZ special with Clemont.

I think M20 is the only AU. I think the movie is gonna be ignored in the long run in regard to continuity. Especially with the past seasons being viewable online, etc.
>>
>>32285042
>>32285108
>>32285160

For all we know, the M20 AU could have him catching Tauros as well on or offscreen. You could also make the argument that the 5 pokeballs werent from Kalos, and they could be from Post-M20 instead.

I'm wondering if they will try to fit M20 in the current timeline or make it an actual AU.
>>
>>32278522
It shows him fighting in Erika's gym. They probably will be there, but only as part of some gym montage sequence.
>>
>>32290025
>It shows him fighting in Erika's gym
Is it really just that?

If Ash is simply challenging the Kanto gyms why didn't they show Erika herself? Is he challenging her HGSS version? Does the movie actually take place in a post-HGSS Kanto? Is that why they have only showed anime-only characters so far?
>>
File: 1466059173242.gif (908KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1466059173242.gif
908KB, 499x374px
>>32278149
Real talk is gary gonna be in it?
>>
>>32288772

Well, the writer is Yonemura, and if you look at movies he wrote for other franchises (Like Lupin Episode Zero or Smile Precure movie) he has written before movies that show a past different from the established one but that still seemingly lead to the same present.

Considering the obvious similarity between his hat and Sun & Moon's, I wouldn't be surprised if this movie ended with some kind of flashforward tying it to Sun & Moon. It wouldn't necessarily mean that they'd be retconning the past (unless this movie is successful and gets sequels), but I could see him writing it like that.
>>
>>32277813
It's really confusing why they did this.

The whole putting in late gen pokemon I understand.

But dumping Brock, Misty, and Gary, and replacing them with nobodies we'll never see again is head turning? Who is this movie foing to appeal to if it wont nostalgiafags?
>>
>>32286792
Well I'd actually be ok with this.
>>
>>32290054
>Considering the obvious similarity between his hat and Sun & Moon's, I wouldn't be surprised if this movie ended with some kind of flashforward tying it to Sun & Moon. It wouldn't necessarily mean that they'd be retconning the past (unless this movie is successful and gets sequels), but I could see him writing it like that.

something like: M20 trilogy (like another anon said before) retconning all the OS saga so they could start over?
>>
You do realize that this movie was made for the children that won't bother to torrent Ep. 1 can learn how Ash and Pikachu met, plus your usual movie adventure with the designated mythical shilling, and that won't add a thing to the ashinmie "continuity"?
>>
>>32290078
I guess it's not supposed to appeal to anyone but the kids who watch SM. Doesn't really make sense why they'd make a movie set in Kanto if that's the case but...
>>
>>32290255
They've been so successful pandering to genwun fags. This is just headscratching.
>>
>>32290421
Genwun pandering works with the games, but the anime's target are japanese children who haven't seen anything before XY. If they were willing to pander to the autists who watch Pokemon in their adult age (/padt/ for example), Ash would've already won a league.
>>
>>32290463
>but the anime's target are japanese children who haven't seen anything before XY
Which is retarded because why bother doing this shit at all? Most of the genwun fanbase in the US are also animefags.
>>
>>32290474
Easy: children that haven't seen the first episodes, and aren't going to torrent or stream it, will probably want to know about how Ash started his adventure, and the PokeJews do a movie about it, while adding a movie story about one of this gen' mythical mons, and they charge a ticket for it.

>Most of the genwun fanbase in the US are also animefags
Yes, genwun animefags who probably only watched until Hoenn, and are twice the age of the anime's target audience. Thus, this movie isn't for them.
>>
>>32290553
So they replace the supporting cast with literal whos we will literally never see again because?

Shit, Misty and Brock have made cameos in later seasons.
>>
>>32290565
Exactly, because they're literal who's who will never appear again. This isn't about canon or continuity, which the anime doesn't give a shit about it (so neither should anyone), it's about shilling the anime (which itself is basically a commercial ad) to the new generation of viewers, shilling Marshadow and its event, and selling tickets.
>>
>>32290044
I expect an older Gary to be Viridian's gym leader
>>
File: PokemonAAMLcomic.jpg (146KB, 678x900px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonAAMLcomic.jpg
146KB, 678x900px
>>32290894
>in the movie AU Ash travels through Gen 2 Kanto, where everyone from Gen 1 is now older
>everyone except Ash, who's still 10
>>
>>32290972
They just need to admit ash is a mutant or some midget or something by now
>>
I believe this movie definitely involves some inter-dimensional travel. It just has to.

Here is a theory, at the point where Ash and Pikachu catch a glimpse of Ho-Oh; somehow, they are taken to an alternate dimension and end up with those two girls in a quest to find Ho-Oh.

Then once Ho-Oh is found, Ash and Pikachu resume their Kanto adventure.
>>
>>32286793
The existence of Fallers proves you wrong though.
>>
>>32277855
>Des Kangaroo.
>>
>>32291023
This shit reads like something you would find at a WMG in TvTropes.
>>
>>32278511
Alain is also mentioned by Steven in the Delta Episode of ORAS.
>>
>>32291023
There is another piece to the puzzle of this movie.

If I am right, this movie will need a Pokemon capable of taking Ash and Pikachu to an alternate dimension. Solgaleo and Lunala can do that. Why can't Necrozma?

If true, you could rename this movie "It All Comes Together: The Movie."
>>
File: figure-016712_08__large.jpg (200KB, 744x800px) Image search: [Google]
figure-016712_08__large.jpg
200KB, 744x800px
>>32282911
... I mean, they are making OG figurines and such. Pretty sure they're doing a Brock and Vulpix, too.
>>
File: cia blimp.png (371KB, 571x393px) Image search: [Google]
cia blimp.png
371KB, 571x393px
>rewatching Orange Islands
>see this

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>32291125
Considering that Necrozma is set to feature alongside Ho-Oh in this Summer's TCG set (which releases a month before the movie releases), this actually isn't that big of a stretch. Also, keep in mind that Necrozma is referred to as "leftover debris" from Ultra Wormholes.
>>
>>32291197
If this is all true, it's pointing hard at a new game for 2017.
>>
>>32291197
>Ho-Oh finally gets its chance to star in a movie after 20 years
>has to share the spotlight with random OCs, Marshadow and maybe even Necrozma
It's not fair
>>
Stop getting your hopes up, it's just a regular movie. The OS stuff we saw is just part of a small recap at the start of the movie, that's why Brock and Misty aren't there: it's not a retelling of the gen 1 anime. Just a regular Pokémon movie. Since it's the 20th anniversary they just dropped Kanto and Ho-Oh in there so that you get autistic.
>>
>>32291211
It is, but it's incredibly difficult to pinpoint what it's going to be.

On one hand, you have Sinnoh being pushed blatantly, considering that Ash's Litten is going to be exactly like Chimchar was, both of the new companions having a Piplup and a Lucario (perhaps the two most iconic Gen 4 Pokemon aside from Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus), as well as the many references to Sinnoh in Sun/Moon altogether.

However, there are references to a sequel to Sun/Moon as well, considering the Ultra Beast plot is left open, as well as Lillie vowing to come back to Alola after her travels in Kanto, and Necrozma needing have some form of recognition lest they pull another Zygarde, which would drive most of us insane, I believe.

It's annoying, really.
>>
>>32291279
That is true, it is very difficult to pinpoint what is the game. It should involve Necrozma, but there could be Kalos, or even Kanto in the game.

I bet on Sinnoh remakes for Gen 8 though. The nostalgia will be at a breaking point by then. Also, nostalgia will help sell Switch consoles. For Nintendo's sake, it's much more beneficial to have Sinnoh remakes on Switch.
>>
>>32284542
>inb4 real fish, moose, cross, etc
pls anon
>>
>>32291279
Yeah, BW had """"hints"""" to hoenn remakes as well.
You also forgot Eternal Floette being an event next year could actually hint at a return to Kalos
>>
>>32277933
I really expect a gloria ball regenerator ho-oh soon
>>
>>32291235
Autists here love to overanalyze every single thing they can, that's how they spend their time after the novelty of a game wears off. If tomorrow Satoshi Tajiri posted a picture of him shopping for underwear, we would have 5+ threads filled with autists discussing the new hints about the next games: Pokemon Brief and Boxer. And of course, the third version, Pokemon Thong.
>>
>>32277813
Something tells me theres something more than just a simple re-telling of the first few episodes. I think it will have a link with Marshadow's role. Maybe this is a case of ''false memories'' or something and Marshadow is fucking up with Ash and other people's memories?

This is all but wishful thinking, but it's probably just a dumb reboot/alternate AU bullshit movie
>>
>>32291389
It's a recap of OS followed by a timeskip to pre-Alola
>>
>>32291368
>You also forgot Eternal Floette being an event next year could actually hint at a return to Kalos
Proof or it didn't happen
>>
>>32291445
>gens are 3 year longs
>floette is the only important enough event left
>we get an event each year
>next year is the third year
It would have only been reasonable to think Floette wasn't getting released if they waited 2018 to show Marshadow. That's not the case, so we get Floette. It's not hard to figure out.
By itself it isn't enough for a return to Kalos though.
>>
>>32291472
And if it doesn't happen, what do we do? Laugh at you?
>>
>>32291197
>Necrozma is referred to as "leftover debris" from Ultra Wormholes.
sauce? i've never heard or read anything like that anywhere and google gives me nothing.

i'm betting on necrozma being the enemy they encounter that's mentioned in the plot summary but they pull the "not evil, just misunderstood " thing again
>>
>>32291492
Yes.
It is going to happen though, so taking that case in consideration is pretty much pointless.
>>
>>32291472
That's a big "what if," professor.
>>
>>32291522
It's a list of acts that brings up to a simple, factual conclusion that makes sense, not a "what if".
>>
>>32291531
*facts
*us
>>
>>32291505
Ah, my mistake. I had thought that the Pokedex mentioned it, but it just said it's reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts. Still, my point stands.
>>
>>32284551

In the flashback of Oak giving him an egg to take to Alola, it shows Ash handing over his current Pokemon team to him in return. The anime even references Ash's ability to battle during his battle with Kiawe and Team Skull - So yes, he has traveled before.
The ending was vague but I think it was more because Ash didn't have a new place to go to at the end of XYZ, he didn't meet any Alolan Characters to convince him to go there, he spent time in Pallet Town before going to Alola, even when he gets there, he knows nothing about it or that there are 'new' Pokemon there.

The 20th Movie is a RE-TELLING of the first season, meaning it's being told in a different way, it won't have anything to do with the anime or characters we know, this movie takes place in an alternate universe, one where he didn't meet Misty and Brock but these 2 new characters and a universe where Pokemon are more varied and spread out compared to being regional.
>>
>>32291531
No. It is a what if. You merely assume that because Marshadow was revealed so early that the next movie's distribution must be Eternal Floette, as it's the only thing somewhat important left to be distributed, and I say somewhat because Eternal Floette had every opportunity to be distributed in Gen 6 (when it was relevant, fyi), but it wasn't. It still exists in the coding of Gen 7 because it likely was meant to be distributed at some point, and allowed to be carried over. But it didn't. There is nothing to show that it's obviously the next movie's distribution aside from the fact that it's still unreleased.

You made an assumption, and now you look like a fool.
>>
>>32291562
>The 20th Movie is a RE-TELLING of the first season, meaning it's being told in a different way, it won't have anything to do with the anime or characters we know, this movie takes place in an alternate universe, one where he didn't meet Misty and Brock but these 2 new characters and a universe where Pokemon are more varied and spread out compared to being regional.
hahahaha
It's just what happened between Kalos and Alola
>>
>>32277863
sure man, anything can happen in Pokemon
>>
>>32291586
No, I don't. AS you said, it is the only thing left to be distributed that could be distributed. Add to that that it even got a new animation this gen and it basically confirms it's going to be relevant again. It's the only thing left, nothing else could take its place.
So no, it isn't a "what if", it's a fact derived from actual evidence.
>>
>>32291618
Just because it's the only important thing left to be distributed, doesn't mean it will be. AGAIN, it had every opportunity to be distributed in Gen 6. But it wasn't. A new animation is grasping at straws, too. I'm not saying it won't be distributed ever, I'm certain that it will. I just don't think it's smart to assume that it will be NEXT because literally nothing points in that direction.
>>
>>32291645
>AGAIN, it had every opportunity to be distributed in Gen 6. But it wasn't.
That reason doesn't work anymore, BECAUSE it's the only event left. This means they were planning for it to be an important event distributed in gen7 (which means they couldn't distribute it in gen6, because it already had 3 events).

>nothing points in that direction.
Everything does.

Just remember about me when it gets announced next year.
>>
File: received_1200971206613825.gif (1MB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
received_1200971206613825.gif
1MB, 480x246px
>>32291679
>Everything does
Please explain. We're all listening. I fail to see what is pointing in it's direction. Everything you've suggested so far is subjective.
>>
>>32291705
It isn't. Also, I just want to point out that the fact that it wasn't distributed in gen6 just proves they're going to give it attention. If they were to randomly release it when it was relevant in 2013 without making a huge deal about it, they would have done it. They haven't, and now it's the only one left. There's just no other way around it.
>>
>>32291705
>We
>>
>>32290972
kek, poor Misty
>>
>>32291718
That doesn't mean its next, though. For all we know, we could get nothing this year and Gen 8 come next year on the Switch, meaning the movie could have new Pokemon from Gen 8 in it, and the movie distribution is just a normal Gen 7 Pokemon we already have access to, but with something special about it (like it being Shiny or something). The idea that Generations have to be three years long is subjective, and the ONLY thing supporting you is the fact that it's still unreleased.

You are making an assumption. There is no fact about it.
>>
>>32290054

Hmm so different backstory that leads to the same outcome. Could be interesting.

Though I wonder if it will end up with the same original team as Ash will get a Gengar like that movie poster was implying.
>>
>>32291801
>That doesn't mean its next
Yes, it does. Gen8 isn't coming until 2019 so they have an entire year literally dedicated to it.

>we could get nothing this year
We're already getting Marshadow.

>the fact that gen5 was 3 years long with its 3 events is subjective
>the fact that gen6 was 3 years long with its 3 events is subjective
>the fact that gen7 is 3 years long with its 3 events is subjective
Yeah ok

>and the ONLY thing supporting you is the fact that it's still unreleased.
I already explained everything but you just keep ignoring the evidence for some reason.
>>
File: 1475896699106.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1475896699106.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>32291829
>Patternfagging
>>
>>32291853
The only thing to break any pattern since gen3 is gen5, and gen5 established a new and even stronger pattern. GameFreak patternfags harder than anyone on /vp/ does.
>>
>>32277827
Don't you dare try to explain this bullshit with that gay ass excuse.
>>32277813
This guy >>32277829 is absolutely right.
>>
>>32291032
Fallers don't prove anything, even if they make it much more likely, because the details surrounding them are not detailed at all. You can have characters come from parallel dimensions without dividing the games up into different dimensions. There's nothing that actually, objectively proves that the Fallers came into the "new universe" from the old one. It's just a theory.
>>
>>32291599
>It's just what happened between Kalos and Alola
>Ash started his journey in Kanto again and got another Pikachu, Charmander, and Caterpie
>>
>>32294208
That's the introduction, followed by a timeskip.
>>
>>32284941
>Nintendo of America
has literally no control of the Pokemon brand
>>
File: Arceus.png (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Arceus.png
174KB, 600x600px
>>32291472
>floette is the only important enough event left
>implying they haven't abandoned events before
>>
>>32295874
Pic unrelated, by the way
>>
>>32295874
They haven't.
>>
File: Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png (376B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png
376B, 24x24px
>>32295899
don't hijack my post faggot.
>>
>>32295925
That's not an event, that's an unused item.
>>
>>32291003
His biology probably got fucked when he got turned to stone by Mewtwo
>>
>>32295933
>that's an unused item
it was a distribution item. the entire Arceus event is still in the games programming and accessible if an azure flute is hacked in. Quite a lot of detail for an 'unused item'.
>>
>>32295956
But Arceus was still legally distributed in another way with HGSS.
>>
>>32295956
It's an item initially intended to be distributed that went unused instead. They did distribute Arceus, which is what matters, not the fancy animation that lead to it.
>>
>>32295956
Your post was comparing Arceus with Eternal Floette, when they're two very different cases. All GF changed for Arceus was the method of getting the pokémon, whereas Floette literally can't get obtained at all unless you cheat.
>>
>>32295962
>>32295969
>>32295982
No official distribution for Arceus came until BW, and that was a vote, and then the next distribution came with the 20th anniversary. Neither of these are major events like Marshadow or Hoopa, the azure flute was and it never came out.
>>
>>32295991
>No official distribution for Arceus came until BW
I'm pretty sure it was distributed at least twice during gen 4.
>>
>>32295991
>No official distribution for Arceus came until BW
I fucking hate newfags who try to argue when they have no idea what they're talking about

Don't ever reply to me again
>>
>>32295991
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_English_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_IV
>>
>>32296039
>Toys R Us
I stand corrected. That's still not to my point that the major release Azure Flute never came and that they have abandoned events in the past.
>>
>>32296047
They dedicated an entire year to Arceus, with its own film and its own events. The Azure Flute was nothing more than an item that activated an animation and lead to a battle with Arceus. Platinum and HGSS actually gave Arceus in-game events if you had it in your team. So no, they haven't.
>>
>>32277813

Lucario and Piplup were always Kanto pokemon as was Incineroar.
>>
File: Pokemon event exclusive.png (45KB, 435x193px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon event exclusive.png
45KB, 435x193px
>>32296077
>So no, they haven't.
yeah they have anon
>>
>>32296117
Why do you keep comparing an unreleased item to an unreleased POKÉMON? I don't understand how can you not see the problem people have with your argument.
>>
>>32296136
>unreleased item
>unreleased POKÉMON
they were both UNRELEASED. That's the point.
>>
>>32296154
Arceus got released.
In gen 4

with or without the key item, it's not relevant
you were allowed to have it legally.
you could legally obtain it from people who had it or from events

and yet it's another game without floette getting uncanned
>>
>>32296175
>Arceus got released.
yes Arceus did, but the key item never was that's still a major event that exists in the games' data was cancelled. the point is something existing in the game's data, like AZ Floette, doesn't guarantee a release for it.
>>
>>32296278
but Floette got updated, while Azure flute lies around as legacy thing.
who the hell updates a thing he made only to not use it again
>>
>>32296278
Ok, let me spell it out for you: Pokémon (creatures) are way more fucking relevant than mere in-game items and some cutscenes. This whole franchise revolves around these creatures after all.

The main games have literally dozens of unreleased items, and even some events that never saw the light of day, like the Altering Cave, a couple events in Gen 3 that required the E-Reader, and some Crystal events that were not even released in Japan.

Now tell me what Pokémon, including forms, have existed in the main games but were never released to the public? Literally only ???-Arceus and Eternal Floette, and the former was just an anti-crash measure.

Items not being released and a fancy cutscene being replaced with an even fancier one are completely mundane and irrelevant things compared to a creature with its own lore, model, stats and signature move never being made available in a game revolving around fucking catching creatures.
>>
>>32296278
>major event
>literally just an animation
Stop.
>>
>>32296388
an alternate form for a non-legandary pokemon isn't even close to a pokemon unable to be received during normal play. the azure flute was an important item, it was the last in a series of distributions with the intention of catching pokemon that would only otherwise be available through future distributions. So fine AZ Floette and Azure Flute aren't the same, but really it isn't the same as Arceus either.
>>
>>32278246
Definitely option d.
>>
>>32295991

The level 80 was actually relevant since you couldn't EV train level 100s until gen 5.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.