[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game keeps the same battle system but changes slight mechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Pokémon_Colosseum_Coverart.png (180KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Colosseum_Coverart.png
180KB, 256x363px
>Game keeps the same battle system but changes slight mechanics of story telling and capturing Pokemon
>Gets declared not a true Pokemon game and never talked about again
I hate Pokemon fans so much. This is why every single Pokemon game is the same.
>>
>>32277419

>You can only catch the Pokemon we tell you to catch
>>
>>32277433
Put me in the screencap
>>
File: 1472940806088.png (272KB, 408x469px) Image search: [Google]
1472940806088.png
272KB, 408x469px
So 7th gen games aren't true pokemon games?
>>
Hey, guess what?
Even if the game plays kind of like the main series, it's not developed by Game Freak, so will never be considered to belong to main series by definition, and will never be acknowledged by Game Freak themselves.
Nintendo just gave some other company the permission to use the IP, which makes it a spinoff.
That doesn't mean it's any worse than the main series: In a lot of cases spin-offs have surpassed the main games for a lot of people.
>>
Anybody with half a working brain knows that Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were good games, everything else is just the same old shit
>>
>>32277419
>XD

>>>/r/eddit is that way
>>
>>32277419
I thought veep generally loves colosseum
>>
>>32277419
I will continue to say that the same problem with these continues to exist in the Battle facilities, only more bullshit. They were designed for competitive players and no one else. I never cared for it and never will.

The true crime is when the fandom rejects other spinoffs for having gameplay that is different from the main series, even as they cry about wanting the main series to change.
>>
>32277460
Learn to meme properly
>>
File: descarga.jpg (22KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
22KB, 292x172px
Nobody cares spin off
>>
>>32277516
God I'm so mad that we'll probably never see a Conquest sequel
>>
Oh, and also that MD doesn't sell well despite also having the same mechanics as the main series, only more like other RPGs in having multi fights of all varieties and actually having a plot. True, I will say that a roguelike is not for everyone and it does get stale really quickly, but most of the complaints about the main series are solved. Why, just why?

Finally, there is the matter that they just don't accept spinoffs in general. NO OTHER FANDOM DOES THIS AT ALL. Mario was in fact REVITALIZED by having spinoffs. Why are we the only ones that hate spinoffs?
>>
i just played through this game, its fucking horrendous and bland.
>>
>>32277419

It's not a true Pokemon game because (1) it's a fucking spinoff (2) it's not developed by GF
>>
>>32277548
>Finally, there is the matter that they just don't accept spinoffs in general. NO OTHER FANDOM DOES THIS AT ALL. Mario was in fact REVITALIZED by having spinoffs. Why are we the only ones that hate spinoffs?
Pretty much this. This fandom doesn't accept anything that isn't the same old fucking thing, neither spin-offs or fangames.
>>
File: 045496961466_l.jpg (85KB, 339x480px) Image search: [Google]
045496961466_l.jpg
85KB, 339x480px
this was a better game
>>
Japan dont like Pokemon spin off,
>>
>>32277606
I actually don't blame them on the fangames, they're all garbage.
>>
>>32277626
Well, that's just the majority, just like any form of fan-generated content, such as the posts on this board. However, there's a few good ones and people just shit on them as well just for being fangames, as well as shit on any kind of effort to make a better game, while shitting on the main games as well.
>>
They should try more spin-offs like PMD, PokePark, and Pokken, i.e. games that focus more on the Pokemon themselves rather than the Pokemon just being tools/weapons used by human characters
>>
>>32277655
Pokemon fans prefer human characters than pokemon
>>
>>32277649
Well, that may be true. For example, I don't exactly disagree with changing the types of some pokemon to be more consistent or even to make more sense. A lot hate that simply because it is not how the pokemon are in the main games. At least a couple had fun ideas like adapting the anime into game form. I will not argue the matter of trying to put in a plot. I just disagree with what a lot of people consider to be a better plot: full of killing, swearing, and a lot of adult themes. JUST HAVE A GOOD PLOT, DAGGIT.
>>
>>32277692
Then don't play a game where all the fighting is done by monsters.
>>
>>32277419
>Here are 20 or so pokemon you can catch.
>Good luck.

Yea fuck you too Colosseum.
>>
>>32278610
>Final boss has Skill Swap Slowking and Slaking combo
I fucking hated this, had to retry the whole ending. XD is by far superior. Also:
>Pokémon that can use fly have a special idle animation for while they're in the air
>They don't use this animation
Why? I know they corrected it in XD, but how did this happen?
>>
File: evice.png (148KB, 978x613px) Image search: [Google]
evice.png
148KB, 978x613px
>>32278651
I was lucky enough to snag his Tyranitar and lose the fight then I regretted it immediately, Fuck this guy.
>>
File: 1470726938182.jpg (34KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
1470726938182.jpg
34KB, 591x352px
>>32278651
>challenge
>I hated this
>>
>>32277460
You aren't funny in the slightest.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.