[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>These losers in the Kanto movie both have Sinnoh pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13

File: 0rrrrrrremakes.png (591KB, 801x427px) Image search: [Google]
0rrrrrrremakes.png
591KB, 801x427px
>These losers in the Kanto movie both have Sinnoh pokemon
Meet your new Protags for Red Pearl and Blue Diamond
>>
>>32272481
>Both are chicks
I'm okay with this
>>
Can they stop making the character look like Yokai Watch characters
>>
Sinnoh next remake not kanto
>>
>>32272517
It's both
>>
>>32272508
>Both are chicks

Anon, about the one on the right.
>>
>>32272561
She is a cute girl(male)
>>
>>32272512
The girl on the left reminds me of a Torchic
>>
>red pearl
but she doesn't exist. Can't wait for champion blue diamond though! I'm not sorry[/spoiler[
>>
>>32272537
>Both
>Turns out there's a new town/area in Sinnoh dubbed "Little Kanto"
>>
What's this?
>>
>>32272481
Worst girl, should have just redesigned Misty
>>
>>32272537
fine by me
>>
File: 1485643936130.png (420KB, 829x711px) Image search: [Google]
1485643936130.png
420KB, 829x711px
>>32272517
>>32272537
>story of Ultra Beast/Space will be expanded into the movie and upcoming game/remake
>>
I still don't understand it. If they wanna include gen 2-7 pokes, fine whatever. But why they gotta go and get rid of the old characters? What's the reasoning? Fans of the old series will be disappointed and for people who haven't seen the old series it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
They're just reusing all the old Lucario and Piplup animation from DP.
>>
>>32272862
Because they hate misty
>>
Why? Why do they include literal fucking whos for a supposed retelling of Gen I? Why do they have to add the new Pokemon? They're all shit, especially the Unova ones. Goddammit, everything after Gold and Silver was a fucking mistake.
>>
File: accusingstickman.jpg (20KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
accusingstickman.jpg
20KB, 328x396px
>>32272878
>Lucario
are you FUCKING SERIOUS
>>
>>32272894
I'm not even a Misty fag. She was annoying most of the time desu. But I am still sad that Brock and Misty won't be in it. It's lame af
>>
File: kunkka.png (61KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
kunkka.png
61KB, 256x144px
>Not just a retelling of the first season
>The "new" ideas already look like shit
this is why you can't trust nipponese with anything.
>>
>>32272911

One of the companions has a Lucario as his main Pokemon.
>>
>LOL LOOK AT ME IM JUST DAWN 2.0
>worse design, stupid hair, generic brown eyes
Is this the worst "main character" in Pokemon?
>>
I don't know about you guys, but I kind of like how they're actually using their own characters to tell this story. It always bothered me how indecisive the show's creators often are when adapting the games, so to see that they maybe finally decided to just tell their own story with their own characters is pretty neat.
>>
>These two replace Dawn and Lucas

I'd be okay with this. Diamond and Pearl have always had the most boring protagonists.
>>
>>32272481
>Retconning the origin story
I couldn't give 2 shits about Misty, but my nigga Brock tho
U can't do this to /ourguy/
>>
>>32272862
I saw some speculation that The Pokémon Company does not own the early anime characters (from when it was supposed to be one season) thus when a recurring character is dropped, they can't come back without a license renewal.
>>
>>32273710
They do though. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. What retard pushed that theory? They own the rights to everything. Even on the dub-front that wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>32273710
...are you legitimately retarded? Misty and Brock are in the games too.
>>
>>32273837
Misty had flashback scenes in BW, and Brock appeared in a BW special.

Plus both appeared in Origin, continue to appear in various manga, and seeing as Erika's gym fight was shown in the trailer they'll likely appear for brief scenes in the movie.
>>
>>32273710
I'd be more convinced that they were having issues getting the japanese voice actors back
>>
>>32273895
Misty's VA loves the character and has said before she'd like to reprise it.
>>
>>32273881
Using the anime renditions of Brock and Misty in the anime =/= using them in later movies or other mediums. Those characters and episodes were written by specific people who may or may not have given their legal consent for the characters to be used in the future. There are always legal issues with TV shows, movies, writers, creative property, etc.
>>
>>32272481
That's literally Haku from Spirited Away
>>
>>32273927
What's it like being so stupid your entire life? They don't own those fucking characters and those legal issues do not exist at all you idiot.

Certain american franchises, like Star Trek for example, have it in place where minor characters being used means royalties have to be paid to their creators but they're not owned by those people. They just get money when they're used. Shit doesn't fucking work like that in every case and it certainly doesn't work like that in Japan.
>>
>>32273923
And Brock's Japanese voice actor is still on the show and likely will be in the movie if Team Rocket has Wobbuffet with them. There should have been no problems getting them back at all.
>>
>>32272508
Actually neither are chicks. The one on the left is female, but she was designed to be masculine, so she might as well be a dude like the guy on the right.
>>
>>32272905
go to sleep anon, you're shitposting again.
>>
>>32273971
Sources?

If this were in America (not sure if Japan is different), Pokemon would potentially have to pay the writers who made the characters what they are. If their contracts were not set up to allow their ideas to be used outside of the TV show, this could easily explain why Pokemon isn't using them. So they would not have to pay them.
>>
>>32273697
he might appear as a gym leader tho, kinda like in Origins.
>>
File: 59514520.jpg (223KB, 700x860px) Image search: [Google]
59514520.jpg
223KB, 700x860px
>>32272481

Why do green haired boy always make the best girls?
>>
>>32273927
That's stupid

Even if you were remotely right, then Gamefreak and Nintendo could go around and say, "These are characters from the Pokemon games so fuck you TPCi is allowed to use them and if you really want to fight this then we will see you in court over your attempting to steal our characters"
>>
>>32274105
It's more like you're understanding of it is stupid.
>>
>>32274063
My source is I'm not retarded. Brock and Misty wouldn't have been created by those writers, so they'd receive no royalties for them ever even if it worked like that in Japan. Which it does not.

It also only like that in America because of the writers unions and it only happens if the writer creates the character themselves for a one-off episode.
>>
If TPC doesn't own the OS characters, then why did Brock stay on for as long as he did? You'd think they'd want to cut him right when they did Misty if having him on cost more than just creating a new character, which they ended up doing anyways.
>>
>>32274098
Why do so many artists have so much trouble with Sceptile's face holy shit
>>
>>32274063
That only happens if contracts are utter shit. You know damn well that's not the case for Pokemon.
>>
>>32274174
Misty came back multiple times after she left.

She has more specials than any other former cast member too.
>>
>>32274206
And Gary was a reoccurring character in DP. They clearly don't have a problem with accessing the characters.

The lead people working on the movie generally give interviews leading up to its release as marketing for the movie. Hopefully we get an answer as to why Misty/Brock/Gary weren't included in this.
>>
>>32274174
>If TPC doesn't own the OS characters

They do. The other anon is just retarded. They added new characters because they want to shill other Pokemon and the kids they're marketing to won't remember the old characters. Nothing more or less.
>>
>>32274231
This should have been easy money. A nostalgia pandering movie to cash in on the general nostalgia pandering trends.

It's not like Pokemon is immune to nostalgia pandering. They understand how it works. They do it every chance they get. I expected this to get limited theatrical showings and a big US push but it certainly isn't getting that shit now.

I'm fine with changes and using new Pokemon too. Just not the lack of Gary, Brock and Misty.
>>
>>32274242
They only did it because of marketing?
Kind of sucks, but I'm still happy about it!
>>
>>32274281
I wouldn't say he's right there at all. You can shill newer Pokemon with Brock and Misty if you want to.

And between repeats, streaming, and kid variety shows like whatever Pokemon Sunday is called right now kids are likely to know Brock, Misty, and the other former companions. Piplup and Dawn are still both really popular in Japan for example despite not having been a part of the show since 2011.

Plus as a 20th anniversary movie Brock and Misty make things more marketable because your target audience is more than just kids. It's the adults and teenagers that grew up on the earlier years.

From a marketing stand point these two are the absolute worst choice imaginable. It's really confusing.
>>
>>32274316
Silly anon, the people who make the anime don't care about older fans. They never have and never will.
>>
>>32272481
That girl is ugly as sin, the guy has a better female design, but by his voice I guess he's some Sasuke try hard trainer.
>>
>>32274157
>I'm not retarded
[citation needed]

I'm not the previous anon, I just wanted to say that
>>
>>32274348
On a day to day basis that's all well and good.

When making a 20th anniversary movie that's initial marketing was purely nostalgia-driven replacing two recognizable characters with two nobodies is really, really stupid move.
>>
>>32274316
>You can shill newer Pokemon with Brock and Misty if you want to.

It would be even more jarring if they used Misty and Brock and Gary because they never had those Pokemon. If they're just going to shoehorn a bunch of other Pokemon using entirely different characters is better.

>Plus as a 20th anniversary movie Brock and Misty make things more marketable because your target audience is more than just kids
If they wanted to bark up this tree they shouldn't have added all the new shit in the first place. They clearly only care about shilling new shit with slight homages to gen 1.
>>
>>32274370
Well, the anime is made by really, really stupid people.
>>
>>32272481
They're just Sun and Chicken-chan genderbent or not? I mean even the palette is similar.
>>
>>32274447
Given they art style and the fact that they're literally whos put into the movie over two popular characters and the fact that SM has nothing left to offer I'm going to guess they're protagonists to an unannounced game.
>>
>>32274461
A spin-off maybe, but a mainline game? They definitely don't have the type of look the main characters usually have.
>>
Will pokeshippers ever recover?
>>
>>32274474
That's Omori's artstyle though. Especially the girl. And it's awkward becuase they're incredibly different from Ash.

And modern protagonists have all been a bit on the bland side due to customization. Even the ORAS duo was a bit bland. And they're both shilling Sinnoh their very hardest.
>>
>>32274474
You don't think so? I think they both look a lot like mainline protag types, just not in typical protag clothing colors.
>>
>>32272512
this is the first time they've done that
and it's fucking awful
>>
>>32272862
They've already pandered enough to genwunners during the 20th anniversary. If this is spitting on their face, that's fine by me
>>
These are the worst character designs fuck
>>
>>32272512
Yokai Watch has far better human design than Pokemon has had for the past five generations so if they choose to ape anything from it I'd be glad it's that.

These are more Inazuma Eleven though. Especially Cross.

>>32274544
Ohmori is the director of ORAS and SM, you're thinking of Ohmura, who actually left Game Freak recently.
>>
>>32274771
I am actually my bad. I slipped up on my names.
>>
>>32273895
>they had issues getting the guy that was literally in the last episode of the show back
anon...
>>
>>32274063
>the writers who made the characters what they are
Kanto had 8 writers. One is dead and the 7 other are still writing for the show.
>>
>>32274806
Or the woman that tweets constantly about wanting Misty back.
>>
>>32274453
WOAH I SHOULD NOT BE STARING AT THIS ROFL
>>
>>32274806
>Ueda has played Wobbuffet in more episodes than he's played Brock in now
>>
this is obviously gonna lead to the next games taking place in the alt-universe

>inb4 Rainbow Thunder with Alt-Pikachu that's fully evolved because Raichu doesn't exist in Alt-Universe.
>>
>not wanting Based Brock and Based Misty as gym leaders instead of derp companions

I still don't like how Incineroar is the rival's main pokemon. It should have been Electabuzz or Raichu.
>>
File: 1b3.jpg (66KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
1b3.jpg
66KB, 680x671px
>>32272844
>>
File: 01349756.jpg (48KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
01349756.jpg
48KB, 500x486px
>tfw Brock and Serena will never come back
>>
File: Ss_dumpington.png (22KB, 361x397px) Image search: [Google]
Ss_dumpington.png
22KB, 361x397px
>>32275058
Isn't that great?
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>32275066
DELETE THIS
>>
Thought it said "profags" at first.
Nevermind that, this looks pretty cool.
>>
>>32272862
Cause fuck Misty and Brock!
>>
>>32273923
This makes me all the more mad that it isn't happening.
>>
>>32272481
But the chick has a French face. She should be from Kalos.
>>
File: Nathan_Adams.png (72KB, 150x402px) Image search: [Google]
Nathan_Adams.png
72KB, 150x402px
>>32274771
>Yokai Watch has far better human design than Pokemon has had for the past five generations so if they choose to ape anything from it I'd be glad it's that
Whaaaaaat the fuck are you retarded or what????! I'm fucking done i leave /vp/ for a big time i can't talk or read underages without kill my soul.
>>
File: 1418667767855.gif (16KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1418667767855.gif
16KB, 160x160px
>>32275058
>>
>>32272911
>Got its own movie in Gen 4
>Cost Ash the league in Gen 5
>Got an arc devoted to its mega form in Gen 6
>Gets a major part in another movie in Gen 7
When will they stop shilling this fucking thing?
>>
>>32276709
You forgot the bit in XY where you get given a Mega Lucario and have to have a fight against another Mega Lucario with it.
>>
>>32276732
I was only listing stuff from the anime, but if you include things from the games and other media then it becomes even clearer how out of hand the Lucario shilling is.
>>
>>32276709
Don't forget repeated arcs in Sinnoh featuring lucario or riolu and bringing up Ash's aura powers.
>>
>>32276709
>Gen 4
The movie was in Gen 3 you idiot.
>>
look like background characters.
>>
File: 1475610239721.png (73KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475610239721.png
73KB, 480x480px
>>32276709
Never.
>>
>>32274771
>Ohmura, who actually left Game Freak recently.
Really? I though he would have been Sugimori's successor. What happened?
>>
>>32277736
This one was cool at the time though, because D/P hadn't come out yet so stuff like the Weave Statue and Lucario Rank revealed new Pokemon before the games came out, as a reward for your effort at playing the game well.
>>
>>32278116
>Weave Statue
I mean weavile statue. It wasn't jynx or something
>>
>>32276353
>implying the final arc of SM won't have Misty showing up to save the day and give Ash the moral boost he needs to master Pikachu's Ultimate Z-Move
>>
>>32274771
>you're thinking of Ohmura, who actually left Game Freak recently.
[citation needed]
>>
>>32272481
That would be nice, they are kinda androgynous
>>
>>32272481
They are obviously the friends of the new Kanto game protag. Piplup girl has the same squirrel face of brown kalos slut.

Green hottie is calm and sexy like Cheren.
>>
I'd be fine with a diamond and pearl remake as long as:

-they keep the new HM system of calling helper mons.
-They keep it challenging. Gen 4 was the most challenging or gens for me.

They really went overboard with the HMs in gen 4:
-Cut
-Fly
-Surf
-Strength
-Defog
-Rocksmash
-Waterfall
-Rockclimb

Defog was literally just used on 1 road.
>>
>>32272481
In your dreams. GF is actually good at designing characters. The guy on the right looks okay, but the girl is atrociously bad. And both of them are still way below GF level.
>>
>>32278750
Now that I look into it.

Many gens had 8 HMs with 1 useless one: Flash, Defog

I'm glad they changed that system.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.