[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest. Do you really think they're above remaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: Kanto.png (353KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.png
353KB, 1280x720px
Be honest.

Do you really think they're above remaking Kanto again?
>>
>>32272249
Probably, but I'll be ok with this as long as it's a new story, with improvements on the region.
>>
I would like to see Kanto again, but no as remake.
I mean, look back at ORAS, is just the original Ruby and Sapphire but with a XY reskin. Still exists just up, down, left and right.
If they are gonna make Kanto again, I want they make it right.
>GameFreak
>making thing right
Yeah, dreaming is free.
>>
Would be stupid of they dont. Kanto prints money
>>
>>32272249
>remaking Kanto
They'll be flat out sequels. Gen 2 isn't canon, hence why there weren't any Johto characters in the Battle Tree.
>>
>>32272430
>gen 2 isnt cannon
how can someone be this stupid.
>>
As long as they don't limit the dex to 151 because muh iconic Pokedex and actually include all crossgen evos and prevos pre-National Dex, I'm alright with that decision.
>>
New 10 year olds are born all the time, of course they will remake it.
But your nostalgia magic won't come back still.
>>
>32272430
>Gen 2 isn't canon
(you) don't deserve a (you)
>>
I hope you aren't implying remaking Kanto again would be a bad thing when it needs a remake the most
>>
>>32274867
>I hope you aren't implying remaking Kanto again would be a bad thing

It is. If I want Kanto I can replay older games.
>>
>>32274867
>it needs a remake the most
what are virtual console re-releases?
>>
>>32272249
It would be cool if they did some sort of sequel, but I know it's never gonna happen.
>>
>>32272249
Yes. At least for now.
Gen 1 Starters got all. The shilling they'd get in a remake in XY.
If they were gonna make another epic Kanto remake, it'd have been for the 20th anniversary. Releasing it the 21st or 22nd year would just be awkward.
Plus the virtual console re-releases kinda prove GF never planned to remake it for the anniversary. They still wanted fans to be able to play the first gen, so coming out with the same gen right after we get VC RBY makes the whole thing feel redundant.

We might get remakes/sequels for the 25th or 30th anniversary.
>>
>>32275113
>so coming out with the same gen right after we get VC RBY makes the whole thing feel redundant.
finally an anon who has a common sense.
>>
>>32272249
There are teens that weren't born when FRLG released, I'd actually be more surprised if they didn't
>>
>>32272249
We need a gen 2 remake
>>
>>32274940
>>32274928
Kanto is the only gen that doesn't have a game with special/physical split though, doesn't it?

I'd play a Kanto remake for that alone.
>>
>>32275335
>Kanto is the only gen that doesn't have a game with special/physical split
is HGSS not enough?

it has both johto and kanto and it has physical/special split.
>>
>>32275347
Playing through gen 2 Kanto is very different from gen 1 Kanto.
Not saying it has to happen, but the physical/special split alone would be enough to make me appreciate a new gen 1 remake.
>>
>>32275363
this fanbase is more unpleaseable than sonic fanbase.
>>
>>32275113
>muh random anniversaries
Seriously Zelda got like some amiibo for it's 30th and a skyward sword release on VC. Companies don't give a shit if they miss that shit.
>>
No.
>>
>>32272249
I don't understand why this is even considered a topic of discussion. Kanto is what people like. Kanto is outdated. There is no reason not to remake Kanto in near future. Most people don't give a single shit about what region gets attention. Only on /vp/ do I see people go REEEEEEEEEEEEE KANTO all the time.
>>
>>32272249

unless it's Yellow version Pass.

That said, if they do a sequel game, I would not object to it.

Basically if you could have a post G/S/C era Kanto, with modern mechanics and the option to do Johto as post-game. It'd be pretty cool.

also make sure there's a lot of variety in the dex, basically no original 150 only. I'd be cool if Kanto has the Johto mons since technically in the GSC games most Gen 2 mons were found in Kanto.
>>
>>32275363
Why? Why would a Kanto remake with phys/spec split be worth it? It really doesn't matter too much during a normal play-through against the AI, anyway. It's hardly reason enough to remake RB again when it already got remakes and other gens still haven't gotten theirs. I would rather see DP get remade than see RB get re-remade
>>
>>32272477
I don't even know.
>>
Kanto had RBY and FRLG.
Johto had GSC and HGSS.
Hoenn has RSE and ORAS.
Kalos and Alola are still new.
That leaves Sinnoh, which only had DPPt, and is due for a remake.

(Personally I'd like a new plot that spans both Johto and Sinnoh. Beat one region, then travel through an expanded Sinjoh Ruins area to reach the other one. Instead of being a tacked-on post-game area like Kanto was in GSC, they could both play a role in the legendary plot, aside from your personal quest to beat the League.)
>>
>>32272249
It's more likely than the Sinnoh remakes.
>>
No. They released the vc versions instead of doing a remake.
>>
Yeah! It could be Sinnoh League, then plot important stuff in Johto.
>>
>>32275954
>It's hardly reason enough to remake RB again when it already got remakes and other gens still haven't gotten theirs.

That's a terrible point because the RB remakes are older than any gen that didn't get a remake yet, anon.
>>
>>32275954
>I would rather see DP get remade
Why? Would a diamond/pearl remake with fairy type added really be worth it?
>>
>>32276345
>Kanto had RBY and FRLG.
and VC re-releases.
>>32276506
someone is ignoring re-releases, again.
>>
>>32276533
Re-realeases should be ignored. They're fine for nostalgia but the point of a remake is an updated game with modern technical standards. VC re-releases do not fill those criteria.
>>
>>32272249
They should do a pan-region game just to shut up all the fucking idiots who keep going on about it.

Basically put all the Japan-based regions together, but set it in the future. They can market it as "open world" like Zelda (even though it won't really be open world at all) because you can travel the entire continent. You would probably need to get a ferry or plane to cross to Hoenn or Sinnoh but besides that, fill in the Kansai-Chigoku-Shikoku region and Tohoku-region and put the past regions in as the GSC postgame level of quality for the rest. Not ideal but it'd shut everybody up.
>>
>>32276633

Open world is out. Sun and Moon put an end to that. We'll never had a Pokemon game where you can go out of the main storyline again.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.