[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mega Tyranitar the most worthless Mega? Nobody likes to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: tyranitar-mega.jpg (27KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
tyranitar-mega.jpg
27KB, 300x278px
Is Mega Tyranitar the most worthless Mega? Nobody likes to use it for some reason despise having better stats than Tyranitar in everything.
>>
>>32268490

Opportunity cost

The only thing it can do better than regular Tyranitar is a Dragon Dance set, and it keeps you from using another Mega like Metagross.
>>
it doesn't do anything Tyranitar doesn't already and it doesn't compete with baseline Tyranitar, it competes with every other mega out there for that precious slot and that's where he comes up short
>>
The most worthless Megas would be Garchomp and Latios, as they're the only ones that are outright worse than their base forms
>>
That's not entirely true. Tyranitar's combination of bulk, typing, and power allows it to check prominent threats such as Latios, Mega Charizard Y, Gengar, and Talonflame. In addition to this, its access to Sand Stream and Stealth Rock makes it a great support threat, as it assists Sand Rush Excadrill and Sand Force Mega Garchomp. Sand Stream itself boosts Tyranitar's Special Defense, meaning it can tank Latios's Draco Meteor with ease. Its great movepool allows it to lure in common switch-ins such as Mega Scizor and Landorus-T and KO them with a coverage move. Tyranitar can also take a role of a sweeper through its Mega Evolution, making it an unpredictable threat. All in all, Mega Tyranitar is quite useful on various occasions
>>
>>32268490
I think you forgot that a certain Dragon/Ground pseudo has a more useless Mega. Also nevar forget:
>exploding your mega exists
>>
Mega tyranitar should've btfo mega xard in the mega special
>>
>>32268519
>mega tyranitar
>mega garchomp
unless we're talking multis this is not possible.
>>
>>32268519
I always wanted to use a Tyranitar but that Sand Stream ability prevents me to use it on regular teams. I might do a Sand team but any Water-type defeats it without any problem.

>>32268530
>Exploding your Mega
>Exploding your Alolan Variation
>>
>>32268562
You could try Gastrodon or Cradily, both have Storm Drain which absorb all water attacks, are immune to sandstorm, and the latter gets a Sp. Def boost from it.
>>
>>32268490
Tyranitar is great without it, you might as well give your mega slot to something else
>>
>>32268513
MegaChomp has absurd damage output when in the Sand at least. I'd also nominate Blaziken, unless the +20 speed increase would make much of a difference while losing the KOs the Life Orb set would accomplish.
>>
>>32268655
>m-blaziken
uhhhhhhh
>>
>>32268668
No, he's right. M-Blaziken is weaker than standard Blaziken with LO. As he mentioned, you'd only use it for the extra speed which lets you do things like outspeed Deoxys after only one boost.
>>
>>32268490
Are you serious? Tyranitar is amazing without a Mega and his mega is objectively better. There are megas that are actually just as useless as its regular form. Have you heard of Camerupt and Abomasnow? There are Megas that legitimately belong in NU.
>>
>>32268729

As shit as M-Abomasnow and M-Camerupt are, they're still better than the regular forms

M-Tyranitar can only do one set, Dragon Dance. Base Tyranitar can do Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Stealth Rock set with Chople Berry.
>>
>>32268751
>they're still better than the regular forms
I would argue that in a realistic setting, no they aren't. Being useless means they will get used just as little as their baselines which is never and neither can function in OU. M-TTar is better than its non-mega AND it can still function in OU effectively.

It is kind of pointless to say they are technically better when realistically they are just as useless.
>>
>>32268513
>>32268530

Mega Chomp is more useful than Mega Tyranitar. These Sand Force powered Earthquakes and Stone Edges by a 180 attack monster hurt. Also, thanks to its huge special attack, Mega Chomp laughs at Skarm

Mega Chomp would be more used than Chomp if the 100 speed remained. The day it gets Dragon Dance, this thing will be sent straight to ubers
>>
Thing is, I've seen some ORAS team with Tyranitar and with no Mega. They could have then used the mega slot in Tyranitar, didn't do it.

I think Mega Tyranitar isn't used because is one of the Megas most affected with the ''you can't use items'' situation. Still, it would be interesting to see Mega Tyranitar in teams
>>
>>32268849
I agree, I think the fact that it is a hard counter to Ferrohorn when regular Garchomp gets laughed at means it is useful.
>>
>>32268849
>The day it gets Dragon Dance
NEVER EVER
>>
Glalie it hurts
Audino
Garchomp
>>
>>32268849

Mega-Garchomp is one of the most underrated stallbreakers.

>Chansey: destroyed
>Skarmory: destroyed
>Ferrothorn: destroyed
>Toxapex: destroyed
>Clefable: Mega-Chomp is faster and bulky to survive more than 2 Moonblasts. Can't be paralyzed, and Sand Force Earthquakes aren't affected by Unaware sets, so it's 2HKO. If Chomp runs Iron Head, destroyed
>Mega-Sableye: the only stall Pokemon that can give problems 'cause WoW. Still, it's 2HKO by Earthquake, and if Garchomp is burnt, Draco Meteor can kill it after the first EQ
>>
>>32268890

I forgot:

>Amoonguss: destroyed
>Tangrowth: 2HKO'd by Fire Blast, can't OHKO Chomp with HP Ice
>Slowbro: 2HKO'd, but these Scalds can be problematic
>>
>>32268490
Audino exists
>>
File: Pokemon-fandoms-bookmark-1652550.jpg (440KB, 700x4216px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-fandoms-bookmark-1652550.jpg
440KB, 700x4216px
>>32268562
>252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 204-242 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 210-248 (61.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 140-168 (41 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>+3 252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 350-414 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Rain: 212-252 (62.1 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 96-114 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

It takes hits surprisingly well, even uninvested. Not that it had any chance to hit back, but it takes these hits surprisingly well.
Invested, btw:
>252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
It lets you use Unnerve but still have sand if you want.
>>
>>32268685
>M-Blaziken is weaker than standard Blaziken with LO
There was no significant calc difference therefore you are essentially running the adamant and jolly LO in one set. The Mega was well more used than the standard.
>>
>>32268490
Mega Tyranitar isn't that bad. It'd just that the only reason to run it would be if you wanted to use DDTar, which hasn't really been a thing for a while.

I've used it to some success in early XY
>>
>>32268499
>>32268510
Isn't this also true for Scizor? And yet that still sees usage.
>>
>>32271728

Mega Scizor completely outclasses its base form though, it's not even comparable to Tyranitar

There is no reason at all to use base Scizor in OU
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.