[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vp/ what makes a good designed trainer? Asking about protagonists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1491095576819.jpg (72KB, 1024x546px) Image search: [Google]
1491095576819.jpg
72KB, 1024x546px
So /vp/ what makes a good designed trainer? Asking about protagonists and npc designs
>>
They're all shit
>>
>>32263518
This
>>
>>32263508
>Protagonists
Outfits aren't totally retarded, don't be like Nate and put your boy in pantyhose or Lyra and her Mario Cosplay
Girls gotta be more on the cute and spunky side. Boys should look serious and adventurous.
Unwritten rule: protags always wear hats. Not wearing a hat makes them cursed.
I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but protags look best when they conform to traditional gender roles. Only sick degenerates want femboy protags and pretty much no one wants to play as a butch little girl.

>NPCs
Everything I said about protags goes out the window for these guys. The more stupid nad eccentric the better. Bonus points if they dress sorta like the pokemon they train, like bird trainers wearing biker jackets with those little leather pieces hanging down that look sorta like feathers, or fishermen wearing orange shirts to resemble Magikarp. Don't go too overboard with that, though, except maybe pokemaniacs, they're like furfag, let them literally wear Charizard and Pikachu costumes.
>>
>>32263744
>pretty much no one wants to play as a butch little girl
I want to, but that's why we have customization. This gen's protag designs definitely felt more generic than usual.
>>
It's good to think "practical" when you're coming up with an outfit - the protagonist is someone who's going to be running around outside, spelunking in caves, climbing trees and mountains and all that shit - make sure the outfit can reasonably stand up to it.

That's why they all wear hats. Nobody wants a sunburnt scalp.

Personally, I don't mind girls with short hair or even pixiecuts, but the designers generally go for longer hairstyles because it makes a more distinctive silhouette.

Also, before you go crazy getting into any fine details, make sure the silhouette reads clearly. Black out any of the forms in your OP and you should be able to tell who's who.
>>
>>32263744
>Girls gotta be more on the cute and spunky side. Boys should look serious and adventurous.
So, with this, female protagonists like Leaf or Hilda that look more serious and adventurous are shit, while male protagonists like Ethan, Brendan, Calem and Sun who look cute and spunky are also shit?
Just confirming. I didn't understand exactly where you draw the line. For example, Brendan and Sun both look serious and adventurous, having light clothing for their region, actual backpacks etc, but they're both pretty darn spunky and cute. So does it disqualify them? What about Brendan's hat? Does that count as a hat?
>>
>>32263854
You don't have to go "Oh, she has to be pink princess and the guy needs angry eyebrows!" I'm just talking generalizations. And that doesn't mean the guys and girls can't overlap in cuteness/seriousness. Cute guys is okay as long as they aren't cuter than the girls.

Also, yes, Hilda and Calem are shit, but those other guys you mentioned aren't. Leaf, Brendan, Sun, et cetera are all fine. Hilda looks too slutty and hooker-like with those booty shorts, any girl wearing those unsupervised is bound to get raped. And no, having pokemon doesn't make you immune to rape, rapists in pokemon-land have pokemon too. Hell, I'd rape Hilda if she were real. She dresses like she wants to be raped. Calem is simply boring and dull as dishwater. Hilbert is superior in ever way.
>>
>>32263970
>slutty
>not punky
k.
>>
>>32263970

okey-dokey, dude.
>>
>>32263970
I agree with this. I, too, would rape Calem if I could. A boy shouldn't be looking pretty like a girl.
>>
>>32263970
Holy shit this comment
My sides
>>
>>32263970
You need help. Or a girlfriend. But you're more likely to get help.
>>
File: big juicy asses.jpg (587KB, 3883x1240px) Image search: [Google]
big juicy asses.jpg
587KB, 3883x1240px
>>32263508
i want the girl's to have a nice big juicy butt's!
>>
>>32263970
Hey, there's at least one anon who doesn't just worship Hilda's shit design on /vp/. Who knew.
>>
>>32266765
>tfw there's no gym leader version
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.