[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In 5-10 years, when Sun and Moon develop a fandom of overzealous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: golisopod.jpg (46KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod.jpg
46KB, 360x361px
In 5-10 years, when Sun and Moon develop a fandom of overzealous contrarian hipsters who declare them to be better than Gen IX in every way, this thing will be their patron saint. Prove me wrong.
>>
Probably will be, actually.
>>
They don't use good pokemon as their scapegoats. It's always stupid shit like Blastoise or Feraligatr. If they do end up existing, they'll use Primarina or something random like Oranguru.
>>
>>32262777
>Primarina
That's not how you spell "Decidueye"

>Oranguru
Why?
>>
File: worst starter.png (18KB, 265x398px) Image search: [Google]
worst starter.png
18KB, 265x398px
>>32262777
>Blastoise and Feraligatr

You mean Venusaur and Meganium? Those were the least popular starters of those two generations and thusly are usually used by the hipster contrarians OP speaks of.
>>
>>32262757
Everyone but a small percentange of people thought SM was a good game. It had it's problems like cutscenes, framerate, and postgame. Are pretending SM is a bad game now?
>>
>>32262801
In Venusaur's case, most Gen I fans are genwunners to some extent, and therefore unironically love Charizard and are responsible for its hype backlash in the first place. A trend I noticed is that fans of other generations (especially Unovabortions) are the ones who prefer Venusaur.

In Feraligatr's case, it and Typhlosion seem to get a lot of love from Johtoddlers, and neither of them is insanely hyped by GF or the general fanbase, so contrarian hipsters have no problem latching onto them (and, in some cases, claiming the Johto starters are the best in the series because it's socially unacceptable to claim that the Unova ones are).

>>32262828
None of the Pokémon games are "bad", not even XY. The fanbase just inflates the relative perceived quality of each game to claim that some are masterpieces (i.e. the ones they grew up with) and some are absolute garbage (i.e. the ones most dissimilar to what they grew up with).
>>
>>32262828
where the fuck have you been the last few months
/vp/ has been spamming that it's bad for quite a while

I love the game but I don't even bother trying to post about it anymore. Pretty much play only with actual contacts now because while the huge amount of normalfag and other forums like it I kind of want to avoid them, but I can't talk about it on /vp/ until the next gen comes out.
>>
>>32262854
I disliked SM until I got to the Ultra Space part. Not only was the endgame absolutely fantastic, but it looks like the game will have a long life ahead of it with all the prep for breeding and training I need to do, and that's even leaving things alone like the various endgame sidequests and the Looker/Ultra Beasts plot.
>>
File: 1 saying.png (157KB, 249x275px) Image search: [Google]
1 saying.png
157KB, 249x275px
>>32262916
>SM
>Having endgame content or even any sort of continued playability beyond online

Have we entered fucking bizarro world?
>>
>>32262854
I hear you. I liked SM and ORAS but I stopped talking about them too.
>>
>>32262854
And your opinion is worth dog shit. Literally no one cares. You are not the authority on anything.
>>
>>32262959
Errr...that was directed at this stupid board, not you.
>>
File: 1490100829132.jpg (134KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1490100829132.jpg
134KB, 496x496px
>>32262959
>>
>>32262955
Pretty much. I didn't like ORAS as much but it was still decent and the secret bases were fun.
>>32262971
I see. Kind of confusing but at least you clarified a bit.
>>
>>32262954
That's what the Golisopod-worshipping Alolasomes will be claiming with time, and comparing Gen IX's postgame content unfavorably with it
>>
If it's Golisopod for Gen 7, who is it for the rest of the gens? It's certainly not the starters, it's always something random.
>>
>>32262916
>tfw the Eevium quest
I also enjoyed the ending. I more play simply because I love the new Pokemon.
>>
>>32263009
Gen 1: Charizard(most boring kanto starter but was shilled)
Gen 5: Volcarona

I don't know the rest
>>
>>32263009
>Kanto - Charizard (obviously), keep in mind that Gen I fans ARE the mainstream so a starter makes sense. Probably Gengar for the more hipstery fans.

>Johto - Typhlosion and Feraligatr, the Johto starters are underappreciated so hipsters don't mind latching onto them.

>Hoenn - Flygon, every Hoenn fan ever wanted it to get buffs and a Mega and would rage when it didn't.

>Sinnoh - Probably Garchomp (Lucario is too mainstream), possibly Torterra (the Sinnoh starters are often passed over)

>Unova - Volcarona, as discussed multiple times on this board

>Kalos - Unclear, possibly Greninja just like GF intended
>>
>>32263009
Gen 2: Crobat, Scizor
Gen 3: Milotic, Flygon, Metagross
Gen 4: Maybe Porygon-Z I dunno
Gen 5: VOLCARONA, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Reuniclus
Gen 6: Aegislash, Mega Charizards y an x, Tyrantrum
>>
>>32263085
>Mega Charizards y an x
No, by proxy they're worshipped by the genwunners
>>
>>32263085
Also you forgot Sceptile for Gen 3 and Golurk for Gen 5
>>
>>32263104
Yeah and the starters for gen 2 as anon above me said. On a side note I love all of these pokemon, I think its not a coincidence they are generations emblem
>>
>>32262854
Remember when 4chan shit over Black and White???
Look now.
>>
>>32263138
I can't tell if you mean the amount of people who love it here now or the amount of complaining and falseflagging about it.
But yeah I remember.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.