[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /vp/ think about poke pelago? Personally, I love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (405KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
405KB, 1280x720px
what does /vp/ think about poke pelago?

Personally, I love it. It streamlines the fuck out of grinding berries, evo stones and friendship. The only useless thing about it is the worthless wild pokemon on the first island
>>
>>32262254
Best fucking part of SM.
>>
Pretty good. It's nice being able to breed mons and just leave them getting EV trained so they're ready when you feel like using them.
>>
is the glitch even fixed yet
and every time i mention this some retard who can't google asks me about it
>>
>>32262254
It begs for "after league upgrades"

No boosted LVL UP drink or rare pokemon appearing was a mistake
>>
It's shit. The game just plays itself for you.
>>
the berries are nice, the evo stones are fine (but i preferred the precision of secret super training levels), the auto egg-hatcher is nice but pretty much only useful when breeding pokes with high base egg step requirements (tauros is efficient for most mons)

i've not found much use for island evelup yet
>>
File: berry doggo.png (536KB, 951x888px) Image search: [Google]
berry doggo.png
536KB, 951x888px
Lets see...

PC pokemon have stuff to do
Beans are plentiful
Easily the best berry farming in the series
Treasure hunting is cool
Passive EV/Level training is super convient
Hot springs are(normally) the least useful but not bad

With the time travel glitch?

Insta beans/berries/treasure hunting farming/
insta 252 evs and arguably the best way to level up in sun and moon...sadly
Hot springs become the fastest and most brainless hatching method

It literally did so much right that it makes one wonder how GF fucked up festival plaza so bad.
>>
>>32262360
To be fair, the parts of the game it affects weren't even enjoyable in the first place. I loved when XY put all berry fields in one place. It makes it more efficient
>>
>>32262382
>best way
Is there even a point to grind your pokes beyond lvl 50? Plus this game has the scaled exp gain so it's better most of the time. Shame they abolished the trainer bonus though
>>
>>32262443
Bottle caps/hyper training otherwise people wouldn't be so annoyed with the level 100 limit for it.
>>
>>32262349

No, it's not a big enough exploit for GF to care.
>>
>>32262443

Hyper training. Shit makes Hidden Power so much easier to deal with.
>>
Thematically, it was a good idea. Okay, so we are NOT sending pokemon to spend forever in Purgatory. HOWEVER, almost everything about them can be done more easily YOURSELF than to wait for however long it takes the Pelago to do it. The only two things it's really useful for is the Poke Beans, which you don't really need to do anything for, and the free evo stones, which you do have to have a certain amount of pokemon and beans for. It's no guarantee, though. Everything else was totally unnecessary.
>>
>>32262489
the point is that you don't have to bother with them
>>
>>32262489
Anon some players don't have that much time to spare to actually do most of that stuff so pelago is much more of an convenience for them than it is for you.
>>
>>32262525
Then you didn't really want to play a game, now, did you?
>>
>>32262254
poke pelago is slave labor, Mohn is a shitty asshole.
>>
>>32262452
I've only found hyper training useful for the UBs, Silvally ,mixed attackers and legendaries. You can lose those Atk or SpA IVs on most mons, and those mentioned above only have 3 perfect IVs
>>
>>32262840
Legends from past gens. Masuda shinies with that one fucked up stat. Hidden powers with 30 IVs

Everyone has their reasons and uses
>>
File: hourai.png (199KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hourai.png
199KB, 500x500px
>>32262254
Fucking love the Pelago. I don't feel as shitty sticking my bros in the PC all the time now because they're chilling on a tropical island, and it's convenient as fuck for hatching extra eggs from leftover MMing and for training shit I'm too lazy to.

Also gets me money and a single gold cap, the money I use to buy clothes and vast amounts of nest balls.
>>
>>32262254
It was a great system. However it's a new feature that wasn't in gen 3-4, so /vp/ will hate it since it doesn't stimulate their nostalgia
>>
>>32263135
But most actually like pelago unlike festival plaza
>>
>>32262254
It was a great addition but ultimately useless because post-game there's nothing to do so Pelago loses any of it's uses.
What are you supposed to use the berries on if there's no more trainers to fight?
>>
I'm okay with it.
Finished completing all the islands two days ago.
>>
>>32263180
...I'm not even going to question it, except for the matter that you could've blindly stumbled into any number of those things.
>>
>>32262349
what glitch?
>>
File: Poke+pelago_309e22_6111537.jpg (183KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
Poke+pelago_309e22_6111537.jpg
183KB, 900x505px
>>32262254
In all honesty, I like it a lot.
I spent a big portion of my day at work, so I don't have as much time to grind around in Pokemon as I'd like. But then there's Pelago to do it for me. All I need is some beans, and I can coordinate when their activities end with when I get home, so I can pick up where I left off. It's great.
>>
>>32262254
Love the AFK nature of it, can EV train to specific values while you're out and unable to play, plus how easy it is to get more berries than you'll ever need. Hate how, for some evo stones, this is literally the only way to get them/to get multiples and it involves waiting 12 hours, but it's better than not being able to get them at all.
Don't find much use out of the sauna island (tauros hatches eggs REALLY fast, and you increase friendship much faster with your infinite EV reducing berries), the wild pokemon island is pretty useless and I hate how you can't decline the pokemon and have it leave (although I've heard it has an increased shiny rate?)

>>32262359
But it DOES have the post league pokemon appearing thing

It's just not very good
>>
>>32262349
Why would they fix it?
TPCI doesn't give a flying fuck unless Verli-fags cry about shit.
>>
>>32262254

doesn't matter cause Poke Pelago will go byebye next gen and there will be no equivalent of it. Just like everything good they add in the games that isnt a major mechanic change.
>>
>>32265578
There's a glitch with pelago. When the system go to from January 31th to February 1st, everything on your pelago will be done. Berries, expeditions for items, EV train, etc.
To do, just put to work everything you want on pelago. Save the game and change the dat of console to January 31th and the hour to 23:59 (or 23:58), now quickly, start the game, wait until the game change the day and like I said, everything on pelago will be done.
>>
>>32262254
i will miss it
>>
>>32266034
I've had this happen to me recently, and I've only got the game for 3 weeks. You sure it doesn't apply to other months?
>>
>>32266189
It's probably because of the whole variable length of February thing.
>>
>>32262254
Best thing in SM
not perfect, for sure, but it's their best idea.
>>
>>32262525
Thing is even if a player has an hour to play they can do more than what the pelago allows in 24.
>>
>>32266822
You can do both. So far I've found isle evelup essential for precise EV training. But when it comes to grinding levels, nothing is better than SOS Golducks
>>
>>32262254
I honestly love how passive it is. You're basically getting a bunch of free stuff without doing anything. While I loved the mechanics of XY's berry fields and it being more engaging, Isle Aplenny is also doing a bunch of things right. In fact, lots of things in Poke Pelago are done with the whole intention of complimenting the normal gameplay
>gradually get more pokemon just from the first island so you can always progress in Isle unlockables
>grow all these berries en masse to have readily available friendship berries and to collect dye
>get all this treasure from the mines to easily evolve pokemon or to sell and buy clothing
>EV train on the island because chaining is tedious
>place extra eggs you don't want to hatch because you already got your 5 IV one in the hot springs to focus on the next one
It's simply pure genius, and the music is so comfy. I wouldn't mind if they left it as is if we're ever visiting Alola again.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.