[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that he's finished reviewing everything, what are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (169KB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169KB, 700x285px
Now that he's finished reviewing everything, what are your final thoughts on him?
>>
File: 1483660651003.jpg (54KB, 479x464px) Image search: [Google]
1483660651003.jpg
54KB, 479x464px
>>32247329
I don't care about your videos Bogleech.
>>
>>32247329
Pretty good taste for the most part. I'm glad he recognizes how Goodra and Lanturn ruined their respective lines. Plus he's a Bugfag and a Poisonfag.

What was with that weak final Marshadow review anyway? He didn't even talk about the actual mon at all. Just went off on three different tangents.
>>
>>32247329
Literally who?!
>>
>>32247329
contrarian with some okay opinions on certain things
>>
>>32247329
>what are your final thoughts on him?
Agree on some, disagree on some.
>>
A lot of good opinions, but some baffling to me. Him loving Delphox doesn't mesh well with the rest of his taste for example.
>>
>>32247415
Bogleech tries to review pokemon as objectively as he can. There's been multiple reviews(most recently Celesteela) where he said a mon wasn't his personal favorite, but still gave it 5 stars anyway.
>>
>>32247329
I don't visit his blog but I quite like his reviews. I can't say I know him frim his blog but from his site seems like a cool guy and I like his oppinions mostly. I disagree on a few things (he gave things like aromatisee and midnight lycanroc a perfect score which is bizarre to me) but he seems to have generally good taste. People here call him a contrarian but I don't think so, some of us really don't care for bipedal anthro dogs/cats/foxes.
>>
>>32247329
He's a contrarian, so fuck off with him.
>>
File: a.jpg (431KB, 816x700px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
431KB, 816x700px
>>32247490
>he gave things like aromatisee and midnight lycanroc a perfect score which is bizarre to me
Why does Aromatisse get so much hate? It might be because I typically like cute pink things, but I don't understand what's so ugly about it.
>>
File: lycanroc_midnight_770x562.png (174KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
lycanroc_midnight_770x562.png
174KB, 770x562px
>>32247490
> midnight lycanroc a perfect score which is bizarre to me
Night Lycanroc is not even a full anthropomorph. Its lanky proportions is the most realistic way to portray a 2-legged wolf. Its actually a flawless design.
>>
>>32247573
I really like this goofy, battle happy tryhard wolf. Honestly the better of the two design wise.
>>
>that OP image
Ow the edge
>>
>>32247548
Just ugly to me, sorry anon. I love cute shit but it doesn't come off as cute to me.
>>32247573
>>32247586
I like it better then the midday form but I still think a perfect rating is a little high, would be a 3/5 to me.

Any other sites like this? I like hearing people's views on pokemon, makes me see some pokemon differently sometimes.
>>
>>32247514
I bet your favorite Pokemon is Charizard
>>
>>32247329
He may be an extremist sjw outside of Bogleech, but the article he writes and the Pokemon reviews he does are excellent for the most part.
>>
File: bog on vp.png (242KB, 837x571px) Image search: [Google]
bog on vp.png
242KB, 837x571px
Wonder if he browses here, he knows we discuss him though.
>>
File: 250px-751Dewpider.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-751Dewpider.png
56KB, 250x250px
There's a guy that also reviews pokemon like bogleech, but some of his reviews are kinda stupid and almost always gives every mon a super low rating. "Not all pokemon are created equal", is his blog.

Here's the bit the guy wrote for dewpider, for example:
>Dewpider is what happens when good men do nothing. Somebody said, "what if there was a water-bubble spider, that's a thing, right?" and then left the room before anybody could ask any questions.

>Now, I admit that the argument over whether your standard government-issue Spider has 6 or 8 legs is as in-the-air as whether or not cartoon characters should have 3 or 4 fingers, but I don't think anybody would claim they have just three legs. Can we all agree on that?

>And no, I don't count those things up top as "legs", holding the bubble in place. They aren't situated right, they're something else. It's also stupid whenever anything has a "bubble" of water, because bubbles are caused by air held within a thin layer. If you try and make a bubble of water you just get water all over the damn floor, unless you're in outer space. What it really makes me think of is the technology those Gungans had.

>anyway, the Diving Bell Spider (which they were clearly thinking of) lives underwater with a bubble of air. Not water, because it can't freaking breath water, so it keeps a bubble of air. Like you do. Dewpider (stupid name by the way, something a 4 year old might come up with) is as ass-backwards as an astronaut who keeps the vacuum of space inside his helmet.

>And finally, it's majorly cross-eyed despite the enormous eyes, but also kinda looks like it has one pupil shared between them, like Duskull? Cool on a ghost, massively disconcerting on a spider.

>Overall: 1/10

The guy basically wanted a literal spider with an air bubble because muh logic. I disagree with so many of his reviews that I'm surprised /vp/ doesn't talk more about it (but its probably for the best)
>>
>>32247724
The guy sounds retarded as fuck.
>>
>>32247724
Because the guy you're talking about is kind of an idiot.

He deducted points from Diancie in his review because he said something along the lines of "Gamefreak never stated anything about its relationship to Carbink decide the resemblance, why design two similar looking mons in the same gen and never give them any sort of connection??? Even a simple LORE tidbit would be nice."

The guy can't even read the dex entry in front of his face.
>>
>>32247429
>objective review
>>
>>32247342
I'm assuming he feels Marshadow has very little to offer like its "siblings(Mew,Celebi,Jirachi, etc) Plus he's finally done reviewing 800+ monsters, so he's probably a little sick of it.
>>
Never heard of him, but he sounds stupid.
>>
>>32247342

> I'm glad he recognizes how Goodra and Lanturn ruined their respective lines

How came sombody can be so wrong
>>
>>32248103
Goodra, eh, but Lanturn is just terrible compared to the perfection of Chinchou.
>>
>>32248370
Both lanturn and chinchou are equally GOAT lanturn's more GOAT tho, shut the fuck up
>>
>>32248441
No, lanturn sucks, has none of the charm of Chinchou. Biggest issue is the eyes, it loses the great little "+" look.
Chinchou is the best and would have been better without it
>>
>>32248441
Lanturd is shit-tier. Removes all of Chinchou's charm and doesn't even bother to replace it with looking like an actual angler.

It's just a dumb looking bath toy.
>>
>>32248478
>>32248560
Just curious: assuming chinchou HAD to evolve (to prevent answers like "better as a standalone"), what do people that dislike lanturn would have wanted chinchou's evolution to even look like? just a bigger ball with angler-like teeth?

I love chinchou's "+" eyes but lanturn overall wins for me, (still waiting for a mega or something that makes it into a huge submarine and uses the "+" for lightspots or something)
>>
>>32248588
I honestly would have been fine with it had it not dropped the + eyes to give way to the awful looking ones it has. Maybe change up the mouth a bit or make it look a little less pathetic in some way, like giving it chinchou's little "feet." It just ruins the look the line had, I genuinely would have just forgotten it entirely (well not forgotten, just didn't care) if it wasn't linked to one of my absolute favorite water Pokemon. Lanturn is just a mess, I kind of feel sorry for how bad it looks.
>>
>>32247548
Plague doctor fags
>>
>>32247663
>he's an sjw so no wonder he dislikes Lucario
what
>>
>>32247329
I'll never forgive the way he treated Vivillon.
He didn't even have the decency of mentioning its gimmick despite being the very same concept he wished Arbok had.
>>
>>32250817
To be fair, it is rather disappointing to have the only new bug type line being yet another butterfly, and Vivillon's design is nothing terribly special at the core, despite the assortment of patterns.
>>
>>32247586
I used to like the midday one more, but I ended up liking the midnight one more design wise in the end. The one rock shard lying flat on midday lycanroc's back looks odd to me for some reason.
>>
Literally who?

Stop shilling your stupid youtube channel.
>>
>>32250817
>tfw the 666th Pokemon wasn't Beelzebub
It sucks he never covered Vivillon's gimmick, but this would have been a perfect opportunity for GF. But no, like >>32250861 said, they put it on yet another lepidopteran.

Also, why the fuck did gen 6 have only 1 new Bug type line
>>
File: lanturnfix.jpg (149KB, 594x403px) Image search: [Google]
lanturnfix.jpg
149KB, 594x403px
>>32248588
Bogleech thinks Lanturn oughta be more like this

I quite like it
>>
>>32247329
He is a cool guy, and can't wait to see him reviewing TELEFANG
But the best part wasn't his reviews. It was disscusion down below. I loved talking with people about our favorites.
>>
Bogleech's reviews were incredibly in-depth and interesting. I even found some new found respect in Pokemon I previously disliked like Gardevoir.

He's got some GOAT opinions on some of the Pokemon's designs but a lot of his favorites are some of my favorites and I'm a huge poison and bugfag like him so maybe I'm just biased.

I'm also glad I found someone who dislikes Lucario as much as I do.
>>
>>32251025
Because Gen 6 is SHIT. You can tell how good a Generation is by looking at how many good/cool Bug-types it has.

Bug-battles are the basis of Pokémon, they are its roots.
>>
>>32247490

Aromatisse is a great design though. She's a French harlot/lady of the night.
>>
>>32251847
+ Bottle of perfume.
>>
>>32251668
I don't agree with Bog on a lot of things, but that Lanturn redesign is 10/10. I wish he'd done the redesign thing more often, the Lucario one was pretty decent as well (better than the real thing, anyway).
>>
>>32252208
Post Lucario one
>>
>>32247329
Thank god he put it in text format rather than a 10 minute long youtube video for each line.
>>
>>32250976
>youtube channel

Are you retarded?
>>
File: BogDog.jpg (168KB, 555x659px) Image search: [Google]
BogDog.jpg
168KB, 555x659px
>>32252227
>>
>>32252305
That is absolute garbage
>>
File: 1481510399519.png (387KB, 920x2645px) Image search: [Google]
1481510399519.png
387KB, 920x2645px
Just read up on it and I have to say that I like his taste in general. Especially the marine bio bias. zoology stuff was great as well. Reminded me of sun and moon hype season where we got bullshit like this.
>>32251668
I'm surprised. That's pretty good.
>>
>>32247429
>objectively

I hope those are your words and not his, that's part of the mantra for self-obsessed retards.
>>
He's reviewing individual types now.
>>
>>32247663
>an entire 4chan of people
Why are normies so stupid? Who the fuck uses "a 4chan" as a unit of measurement? How much would "a 4chan" amount to?
>>
>>32255825
I think he was using "4chan" in the same way people say "forum" or "subreddit". Of course he's made the rookie mistake of thinking "forums = hiveminds".
>>
>>32252275
>shilling

Are you retarded?
>>
>>32255894
That makes more sense, but it's still really stupid
>>
>>32250861
Giving it a low score for being repetitive would have been one thing. but it didn't deserve a fucking zero just for not living up to dumb, baseless expectations.

>>32251025
GF is a japanese company, christianity is not as common over there, and while it may be treated as cool mythology it's still unrealistic to expect faithfulness to western misconceptions of christian text. Beelzebub isn't Satan nor a moth, that "review" was seriously reaching, and the 666 thing is overblown anyway.
I wouldn't mind if it was just a joke, but don't think it was. He went on to say Vivillon was "inexcusable" in the next one.
Also are we certain that GF knows what number a pokemon will be before designing it?
>>
>>32252305
Not good at all
>>
>>32256156
It didn't get a zero, it got a 2.5/5.
And he states in the review that "it's not a bad pokemon, no, not at all. I like it for what it is."
>>
>ignores that all UBs share prime number base stats for muh all Mons are from another dimension theory
>>
>>32256156
From the comment section, directly from him.
>"Was "NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" not enough tip off though that my rating was tongue in cheek? Since it's two and a half and I said it was an "alright design for another butterfly," you can fairly surmise that my truest rating for it is a three."
>>
>>32256204
Fuck I misremembered.
Never mind.
>>
>>32256393
Perhaps you were thinking of Gallade or Lucario? Those are the only ones I am aware of that received a zero.
>>
>>32251680
What discussion? Most comments on his reviews are sucking his dick and agreeing with everything he says.
>>
>>32256437
Or arguing about politics/gender crap.
But some Pokemon actually receive quite a few negative comments, most recently Magearna, many of them stating that they disliked it because it looked like a maid. Sometimes that place looks like YT comments.
>>
File: tidus3.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tidus3.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
how does a sperg fixated on invertebrates and biology become a hardcore SJW?
How did he go so wrong?
>>
>>32256510
Apparently a lot of it was from his girlfriend. But he went so overboard by himself that he even drove away some of his favorite authors because of his autism.
https://archive.is/MWkmb
>>
>>32256537
He's really fucking unstable.
(((His))) political opinion seems to keep his fans afloat and seems to help him cope with psychological problems.
Actually depressing to see such an intelligent guy succumb to one of the worst trends imaginable.
>>
>>32256727
Yeah, and his articles are pretty enjoyable, even the non-Pokemon stuff. I still hold a slight bit of respect for (mostly) keeping his good content separate from his retarded side.
But like you said, he IS a mentally unstable sperg. It was bound to happen, like a Chris-chan but with a semblance of a brain.
>>
>>32256510

I usually just try to ignore it, but every once in awhile it seeps through and taints his other stuff (the Tapu article being the most recent one, especially if you delve into the comments).
>>
>>32255400
What, really? Where? link?
>>
>>32247429
>Bogleech tries to review pokemon as objectively as he can.
Bullshit, he freely allows his bias towards wierd and gross things to show through

>>32247789
>>32252909
Nothing can truly be objective, but there's a difference between an atempt to be objective and not even trying
>>
>>32251668
FUND IT
>>
>>32247329
Looked him up expecting faggotry and shit taste but
>Trapinch line with a master ball
>Mudkip line with a master ball
He's alright in my book
>>
>>32258661
http://www.bogleech.com/pokemon/normal.html
>>
>>32257815
I mean saying "yo Gamfreak, you might want to not turn these culturally relevant figures into monsters." isn't really an overreaction. On the other hand, videogames(like SMT,Digimon) have been doing this for a while. I mean, there's a Digimon based on JESUS.So pointing this out is sort of pointless.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.