[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since the next mainline games are confirmed to be either Alola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (38KB, 710x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 710x402px
Since the next mainline games are confirmed to be either Alola sequels or Kanto sequels set after the events of SM (or maybe both, with one of the regions being postgame), what are your hopes and expectations for them?
>>
>confirmed

Have i missed something?
>>
>>32239608
That there's no story
>>
>>32239620
You're missing OP's retardation
>>
>>32239608
>Kanto sequels set after the events of SM
but kanto games had sequels before hypothetical kanto sequels that take place after SM.

does johto games suddenly stop existing?

maybe johto games disappear to same place where virtual console re-releases go to?
>>
>>32239608

Hopes: They won't be shit
Expectations: They'll be shit
>>
>>32239608
-New regional forms
-Vs Seeker
-Gym Leader/ Trial Captains rematches
>>
>>32239608
>Kanto sequels set after the events of SM
Fuck, I wish. The next game in this series will be the last I buy, so I hope it's at least in a good region.
>>
>>32239649
>it got a sequel before so it can't get ANOTHER sequel
Huh?
>>
>>32239697
real problem is that no one ever acknowledges the first sequels.

people talk about ''kanto sequels'' like they are the first sequels instead of second sequels.
>>
>>32239608
At this point I'm only expecting a Pokémon game, setting my hopes so low than even the bare minimum would still be something.
>>
>>32239608
>Region becoming more aesthetically pleasing
Generation 7 3D looks great. The thing is, there's not much to see in Alola, especially in the routes, which makes exploring them not as fun. Don't have to too out there. Just add a bit more to see.

>Regional form
Everyone loves these, so give more. Preferably up to Generation III receive them this time, but not a requirement. Kanto only is still better than nothing, so I'm fine with that too. Just give more regional forms.

>New Trails/More Trails and Totem Pokemon
Change the Trails up a bit. Preferably, increase the number, but if that is too much, just change the existing ones. I liked the Trails, but if they're the same, it would be disappointing. And Totem Pokemon are perfect bosses. Give more. Increase the number.

Other than these, there's the obvious stuff like improving the existing stuff like the postgame, Plaza, Pelago and PokeRide. And I'm okay with adding more content, just don't make it a clusterfuck. No need to add so much shit that I wouldn't even care about half of it.
As far as the story is concerned, I'm hoping for just two things. Don't have Lillie return, or at least don't give her any big role. Maybe just a cameo. I love her, but I think her character arc is done. Too much extra focus would be just a negative here. The second being the protagonist. Unless the excuse is that they're traveling with Lillie, have them appear. I can buy that one excuse, but I don't need them pulling some other bullshit.
>>
there was no xy2 why would there be sm2
>>
>>32241024
>implying next game isn't Pokemon Prism and Cube, with Necrozma, the chaos, and Zygarde, the order
>>
>>32241024
Because XY's story was done by the time XY ended. The region itself felt incomplete, with some hints here and there that could (and honestly should) have been expanded upon in a third version, but as far as the story goes, there weren't any sequel hooks.

If XY had as much sequel bait as SM then the game would end without AZ and Floette meeting, for example.
>>
>>32241305
SM has no sequel bait. Lillie going to Kanto to heal her mother is just an extra info fr you to realize there is a good ending for both of them and it tes with the beggining of the game (you came to Alola from Kanto, now Lillie goes there)

There's no other sequel baits
>>
>>32241090
well, then necrozma has to end up as a power construct gimmick as well
>>
File: third legendary progression.png (1MB, 3253x1765px) Image search: [Google]
third legendary progression.png
1MB, 3253x1765px
>>32244508
>power construct
Nah wait for a new absorfusion
>>
>>32239608
What hopes and expectations?
>>
File: dusclopskun.png (47KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
dusclopskun.png
47KB, 217x190px
>>32244568
anything except in-battle 50% or less health transformations
>>
Sinnoh Remakes with a Necrozma postgame.
>>
>>32241305
>Because XY's story was done by the time XY ended.
They literally left us with a cliffhanger concerning Lysandre and then there's Malva who clearly hasn't given up. SM on the other hand is done everyone has their happy end.
>>
>>32244568
So Gen 8's third legendary is going to have 13 forms?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.