[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we have to be stuck with Game Freak? What would the games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: haha.png (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
122KB, 600x600px
Why do we have to be stuck with Game Freak?

What would the games be like now with a developer that cared?
>>
>>32236361
>a developer that cared
kek
>>
What do you mean by "developer that cared"? All of them are corrupt corporate entities and you know it.
>>
>Pokémon in the hands of Valve
>you don't have to buy new Pokémon games and it would receive balance patches, but most patches would just consist of nothing but hats and accessories that you can buy from the ingame shop (thankfully P2W isn't a thing) and a very rare chance receive as a drop after ranked multiplayer matches
Would /vp/ be okay with this?
>>
>>32236374
Someone like Obsidian maybe.
>>
>>32236361
If Pokemon was handled by anyone else, Pokemon would be dead.
>>
>>32236361
Believe me, Game Freak may not be the best on the tecnical side of things but compared to most AAA developers they are way more passionate.
>>
>>32236379
How?
>>
>>32237178
Because everyone else would try to make it Digimon and it would suffer the same fate.
>>
File: 1420750114360.png (40KB, 163x134px) Image search: [Google]
1420750114360.png
40KB, 163x134px
>>32236361
>CD Project Red will never direct a pokemon game
>>
Or otherwise turn it into mobile garbage that has no value whatsoever.
>>
>Why do we have to be stuck with Game Freak?
Because they created pokemon
>>
>>32237178
Because that is the case. There are no turn based RPG with even 200+ playable characters that aren't shit. Other than GF, no one can handle something as huge as Pokemon.

There seems to be this weird idea that Pokemon is great in concept. It isn't. It's just another RPG that allows you to use a lot of character. Even worse, because those characters have zero dialogue, no personality. Everything you have ever enjoyed about Pokemon, it was GF's effort. GF's execution is what made Pokemon fun. Yes, GF sucks as Game Designers. But they understand what works for Pokemon. I have zero reason to believe any other developers can achieve that.
>>
Daggit, they have a point. Anyone that would treat it as just a toy selling machine would put zero effort into it, and it no longer is a game. The only other angle is as an e-sport, and that is perhaps a worse fate because it then becomes something unrecognizable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.