[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are XY the most underrated pokemon games yet? >aesthetic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: 27.jpg (33KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
33KB, 400x240px
Are XY the most underrated pokemon games yet?
>aesthetic and comfy look and feel
>online Play and the PSS
>amazing Player Customization
>pacing and story dramatically improved with stuff like Exp. Share making it the most relaxing pokemon experience
>Friend Safari
>best generation design-wise
>Pokemon Amie minigames comfy and a wonderful distraction
>new mechanic integral with the story. Brought some forgotten pokemon back into relevancy
>incredible ammount of easter eggs for older and newer fans

Honestly those games are the best in the series. Give me some solid counter arguments without nitpicking
>>
>>32229802
>daily genwar thread #3895
>>
File: IMG_9160.jpg (188KB, 1237x1237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9160.jpg
188KB, 1237x1237px
>>32229802
>Honestly those games are the best in the series

Never has anybody lied to me the way you have
>>
If you think shitty graphics are "comfy" then yes.
>online Play and the PSS
Decent, but nothing to write home about.
I agree, only because the hacking community allowed for a wider array of options. Without that though, it's pretty much on par with S/M.
>pacing and story dramatically improved with..
no
>>
File: 1441486800829.jpg (9KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1441486800829.jpg
9KB, 255x255px
>>
>>32229846
Not OP, but Gen VI was genuinely comfy. Especially the fairy town and essentially every late game town you visited.
>>
>>32229821
>>32229849
>hating on gen 6 because it's cool
And they say that reddit is hivemind
>>
Oh shit, I left my (You)s at home. Sorry.
>>
>>32229802
The first part of the game is actually quite good. It falls apart after the 3th gym. Megas aren't used, the rival characters don't get proper battles. Some the villain plots are pointless and Flare has way to many admin characters.
>>
>>32230052
Oh and the Ice part of the game being no where near the fucking Ice Gym leader. A massive lore dump delivered by a generic NPC.
>>
>>32229802
XY weren't the best games in the series, not even the best first games of a gen. But I did enjoy them. While I can't remember everything, many places were genuinely comfy. I don't think they deserve as much flack that they get but I also say this about every game
>>
The most underrated games are FireRed and LeafGreen.
>>
>>32230024
>praising gen 6 because it makes you feel special
And they say tumblr is insecure
>>
>>32229802
>underrated
No. They're mostly just hated on /vp/. They're loved by masses, if only for being a lot more nicer to look at than those retarded sprites we had. Pokemon was always meant to be 3D, and XY gets all the praise it deserves for that.

>pacing and story dramatically improved with stuff like Exp. Share making it the most relaxing pokemon experience
These, however, are just pure fucking bullshit. The customization was shit. At least for me. I wasn't able to make a Trainer I was completely satisfied with, so I couldn't care less. The EXP Share was the single worst thing of this Generation. The pacing was shit.
>>
>>32230024
>>32230207
friendly reminder that both reddit and tumblr adore XY and SM.
>>
>>32230177
this
>>
>>32230295
I kinda like how they did the online stuff
>>
>>32230264
Stop this meme fag. I lurk a lot of sites unlike you and they are universally hated.
The only community which doesn't say so is Gamefaqs, only because they are biased against Sinnoh and will forever hate it and they are autists who actually breed and think pokemon is just a bike simulator so they appreciate XY. They have the audacity to say gen 4 is worst than gen 6. Indeed, even on /vp/, you can easily tell who are those faggots when they start shitalking about DP, when everywhere else gen 4 is loved.
>>
>>32230295
Does that somehow make liking them bad?
>>
>>32230493
> when everywhere else gen 4 is loved.

Keep telling yourself that, sinnohfetus.
>>
Not the best, but DEFINITELY better than Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32230493
Good on there. I lurk on gamefaqs as well and I've never seen any large hate for gen 4. Or most other gens besides a few known trolls. Believe it or not the hate is actually pretty balanced there. I've a lot of hate for SM actually
>>
>>32230925
100% This
>>
>>32229802
The PSS was good, and I miss having older characters to customise. Chickenshit is just generally ugly and the options in Alola kind of suck.
Amie and megas were great additions but the latter has been phased out and that's about it for good things XY brought.

>>32230052
>The first part of the game is actually quite good
No, being stopped for every single fucking point of interest is not good. This meme needs to die.
>>
>>32230493
>I lurk a lot of sites unlike you and they are universally hated

This has to be bait. Either that, or you're just a typical sinnohfetus/unovabortion who can't appreciate any other generation besides babby's first game.
>>
>underrated
No? Only /vp/ hates on it; most people loved it. Conversely, /vp/ sucks gen 5 off while most people have mixed or negative feelings about it.
>>
Easily the most underrated but still not particularly good
>>
The story in XY was completely whack and the main villain was totally butt nuts crazy
>>
File: IMG_2826.png (151KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2826.png
151KB, 1000x630px
>>32234391
>>
>>32234472
Go outside 4chan for once.
>>
>>32234447
The story conveyed what it wanted to pretty well
>>
>>32235736
WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about? It was the worst story in the franchise and the characters were fucking obnoxious
>>
>>32229802

Sun and Moom unironically made me realize how much I loved X and Y
>>
>>32237162
If the story wanted to be shit, it did its work really well.
>>
>>32237162
>>32237190
>there are people who unironically think XY have a worse story than Gen I-III and BW2
>>
>>32229802
I liked the chibi graphics too. Don't get why so many people hate them.
>>
>>32237235
I'l give you Gen 3 (and 4, and 6), but 1 and 2 was actually not that bad if only because the villains were standard mafia and did not want to bring about the apocalypse for bullshit reasons.

This is why BW's and SM's story seem like a step up.

BW2 is in between.
>>
>>32230666
NO
>>
>vp is so contrarian it likes XY now
>>
>>32240916
New game
New shit
>>
>>32240916
XY's mechanics were good.
Its story, however, will forever be shit.
>>
>>32230177
Hope you're joking
>>
>>32230177
FRLG are the only games that get the exact rating they deserve, they are consistently marked as "pretty good" because that's what they are all across the board. There's no wide variance in the quality of its individual parts, unlike all the other games that cause people to get into big arguments due to different people prioritizing different parts of the series.

Every other game is either overrated or underrated.
>>
>>32234351
I love all of them untill gen 6, when things started going downhill. If you can't see that, remind that you are the cancer killing the franchise.
>>
There's this odd trend of opinions when it comes to Nintendo games. It's along the lines of "[Existing Franchise]: [New Game] is shit, [Previous Game] was underated, [Third Game Back] is the best."
>>
>>32229802
I liked the environments, the cities, music was nice too, and outfits were cute

But really the rest falls flat
>>
it had the best multiplayer in the series, and most of the new pokemon and human designs were fantastic
unfortunately though, everything else about the game is terrible
>>
>>32229802
Don't worry, eventually the Sinnohfoeti will rotate out and gen 6 will get the due it deserves, while gen 4 will sink into rightful ignominy as the worst generation.
>>
>>32243863

This, plus I prefer the IV/EV grind in XY, which I understand is the wrong opinion but I guess I'm just autistic.
>>
>>32229802
Tbh XY were the Pokemon games me and my friends had spoken about years ago and without realizing it after all these years. We always dreamed about having access to a wide selection of Pokemon that naturally was in the native dex without having to transfer lots of older Pokemon from older games and XY are the closest to do this as of yet.

We'd always wanted to have more than just the regional bird and other similar variants of other Pokemon tho and a way bigger dex, and we got it. Though, that was forgotten and the only focus we had was on the new stuff lol.

A dex with like 400+ Pokemon is neat, though shame we never really thought much of it until now.
>>
XY had the most convenient online features and did bring us the start of customization, and I do like some of the Pokemon from that gen -- but god damn it has so many other flaws that I just can't enjoy it. The other day I was talking to a friend about how I missed the Badge-cleaning minigame from Gens 4 and 5, and then I said "oh right, Gen 7 didn't have Gyms, never mind."

It took me a few minutes to even realize I'd forgotten that Gen 6 existed.

I literally forgot an entire gen because there was nothing to Kalos. The only remotely difficult battle was with an unexpected Hawlucha in that one cave, the plot had bizarre pacing and made little sense -- and once you beat the game, there was no reason to even open it back up again beyond comp, and sometimes I want to do a little more than Bike Simulator, especially when battles stutter framerate the way they do.

And honestly, these flaws could have been forgiven, but we got no third version to fix any of them, so they just forever remain the worst entries in the franchise with no redemption in sight.

I hate that, too, because I really did like the time I spent playing through the game at first with my friends. It's only looking back that you realize just how vapid and barren the entire experience was.

My main gripe with Gen6 as a whole is that ORAS are fucking abortions, but XY isn't so great, either, as much as I wish otherwise.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>32229802
If you think chibi low-res characters are comfy, I guess.
>online Play and the PSS
It worked, sure. That doesn't mean it was the third coming of Christ.
Incredibly limited, doesn't let me be a femboy. Disgusting.
There's a thousand year gap between the fist and the second gym, you retard. The pacing is abysmal.
>Friend Safari
Cool I guess.
isthisbait.jpg
>Pokemon Amie minigames comfy and a wonderful distraction
Sure, but they were just a tiny part of the games, not nearly enough to help christen them as 'the best in the series'.
>new mechanic integral with the story. Brought some forgotten pokemon back into relevancy
Agreed.
>incredible ammount of easter eggs for older and newer fans
Again, just easter eggs don't make a game the best in the series.

The game are slightly underrated, maybe. Best in the series? Fuck off and find some better bait.
>>
>>32245372
>what is B2W2
>>
XY was certainly flawed, but it was the first of the 3D era so it could be given some leeway. Furthermore, it gave a solid base for future 3D games to start with.

Too bad Gamefreak is Gamefreak. I'm still baffled at how the PSS and player customization are objectively worse in S/M.
>>
>>32245693
They had good intentions

They wanted to bring back the fan favorite Join Avenue feature, which was a huge factor in maintaining interest and co-operation back in B2W2, with lots of reward for extended playing.

Problem is, they tried to merge it all together, and we ended up with both a botched Join Avenue, and inconvenient wi-fi services
>>
>>32245652
>If you think chibi low-res characters are comfy, I guess.
If not, then literally no mainline Pokemon game before it was comfy.
>It worked, sure. That doesn't mean it was the third coming of Christ.
Objectively the best the system has ever been.
>Incredibly limited, doesn't let me be a femboy. Disgusting.
Of course a faggot would hate gen 6.
>There's a thousand year gap between the fist and the second gym, you retard. The pacing is abysmal.
Still better than Johto or Sinnoh in that regard.
>isthisbait.jpg
Please tell us what your favorite generation of Pokemon is.
>Sure, but they were just a tiny part of the games, not nearly enough to help christen them as 'the best in the series'.
People often cite following Pokemon as a major feature of HGSS, and Amie is an objectively better and more interactive version of that. Absolutely worth citing.
>>
>>32245733
If we're going by design quality only, gen 3 for sure. Followed closely by 2 because of the quality of the dog and bird legendaries.
>>
>>32230295
That's because XY is casualized garbage (even more so than usual) and SM has a shitty waifu story to shield it from criticism.
>>
>>32229802
>liking a beautiful puddle that's extremely shallow
>>
>>32245964
What do you mean by shallow?
>>
>>32243434
FRLG and pretty amazing games. They're never usually brought up. I honestly prefer it over HGSS. It was a great Gen1 remake

>>32245635
My thought on XY are pretty much on par with you. Except for the ORAS part. It actually liked that game and found it much more enjoyable than XY and SM. Could just be nostalgia talking though

>>32245733
The gap between first and second gyms in Sinnoh is pretty big, but I never really found that to be a problem because unlike in Johto, you are not underleveled or forced to fight pokemon 10+ lower than yours.
>>
>>32245679
Was specifically 400+ mons, though B2W2 was nice tho
>>
>>32229846
>it's pretty much on par with S/M.
Dude XY literally has more clothing options than SM. The only saving grace to SM's customization are the dyes
>>
>>32237235
What the hell is XY's story even?
>Lysandre thinks the world is shit so he's going to nuke it to reduce overpopulation
>featuring the box legend which was suddenly obtained
How is that any worse than
>criminals that want to make money
>criminals that want to be great again by finding their old leader
>environmentalists who go too far
>split-up part of a criminal organization that wants to control the region (again)
>>
>>32237306
>was actually not that bad if only because the villains were standard mafia
That's precisely why it was bad. On top of their lack of presence in the story TR had some absurd goals for a world where monsters with super powers can be obtained fairly easily.
Which is also why having Pokemon as a prize at the game corner is pretty dumb I mean someone can easily just capture their own for a fraction of the price Coins would cost them.
They weren't much of a threat either mind you. Their biggest job was taking over Silph for a masterball that's it.

GSC was basically them falling apart for good.

I mean, come on, it's a fictional series who in their right mind thought that regular gang members would be interesting?
>>
>>32247444
Because XY had some message to convey that applies to our world. I can't think of any other pokemon game that did that
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.