[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any middle stage starter that is more "JUST."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: Torrashit.png (217KB, 1500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Torrashit.png
217KB, 1500x350px
Is there any middle stage starter that is more "JUST." than Torracat?

It's not even a case of awkward middle stage syndrome, because they're supposed to be a transtionary stage between the first and final forms.

Torracat doesn't even accomplish that. It's literally just a bigger Litten, with the only traits that carry over into Incineroar being the beefy upper body and bell that becomes the belt.

It's clear that Litten and Incineroar were designed first, and little to no thought was put into Torracat.
>>
>>32229712
quilladin and Dewott
>>
torracat is thicc t b h
>>
Wartortle is just a bigger Squirtle with ears.
>>
File: 1460165116783.png (1MB, 1800x704px) Image search: [Google]
1460165116783.png
1MB, 1800x704px
>>32229748
This. Hell, I can actually see why Samurott comes from Oshawott, but Dewott was too similar to previous stage to bridge the jump. Its one of the reasons its my least favorite of the line.
>>
>>32229712
>Is there any middle stage starter that is more "JUST." than Torracat?
I could name a few.

Prinplup
Dewott
Dartrix
Grotle
Grovyle
And Quilava
>>
>>32229748
Quilladin's got a Pupitar/Shellgon type thing going on, even if it doesn't make sense for a mammal. The transition isn't that weird.
>>
File: 250px-159Croconaw.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-159Croconaw.png
44KB, 250x250px
Croconaw randomly gaining some sort of weird caveman look and then completely losing it upon evolving always seemed weird to me.

Also only just now noticing that one weird ass diamond shaped plate on it's tail that looks like it's kind of just tacked on there.
>>
>>32229712
Torracat is easily the best looking stage of that line though. Litten is boring, has that ugly red color, and its head is way too big. Incineroar is an ugly mess. Torracat is cute, isn't just a house cat, has decent proportions and a nice color scheme.
>>
>>32229827
What the fuck is that thing on the tail
I never noticed it before
>>
>>32229712
>JUST

Are you literally fucking 12?
>>
>>32229812
Quilava is the only good member of its line though. Cyndaquil looks like an Asian Jew baby, and Typhlosion is just a fatter, uglier Quilava.
>>
>>32229838
Croconaw has a different design for every generation of games, so it's a feature that wasn't there every time.
>>
>>32229712
Torracat is a great evolution for litten. It takes what litten has, improves upon it, and adds a little more. Incineroar is the odd one out. They add a wrestling motif randomly and turn the unique flame sac collar into a belt. I'm sure it was incineroar that was haphazardly added to the line.
>>
>>32229812
>Grovyle
>Shit
Shit fucking taste. Grovyle is the best designed one in it's line
>>
>>32229712
This whole line is a fucking mess
>>
>>32229958
>They add a wrestling motif randomly
You do realise the theme is pressent in 2 out of 3 pokemon in that line right?
>>
>>32230132
>cat
>stronger cat
>FAT GAY BARA NECKBEARD AUTISTIC WRESTLING FURRY WITH STRAW PROPORTIONS
Sure. I totally see the connection here.
>>
>>32230132
I'm interested. Tell me how torracat is a wrestler and where that is conveyed in its design and in the games, poke dex, etc.
>>
>>32229833

litten is boring because of it's animation and lack of personality in the games, look how well they handled him in the anime
>>
>>32230192

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/torracat/

>The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!
>>
>>32230220
Nice strawman barafag.
Lurk more.
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>32230166
>FAT GAY BARA NECKBEARD AUTISTIC WRESTLING FURRY WITH STRAW PROPORTIONS

tfw autists have like 10-16 y and are allowed on this board...
>>
I really like Torracat's design but I wish they'd done more to bridge the gap.

Then again, the middle forms of starters are almost always "bigger version of first form", it's not until the final evolution where most change dramatically.
>>
>>32230220
I hope that's not your entire argument. That's not a wrestling motif.
>>
>>32229712
>torracat is the problem
>when incineroar breaks the line
>>
>>32229827
The best starter middle stages are the ones that aren't but combinations of the previous and following stages:

Examples:
>Grovyle's crest and arm leaves
>Combusken in general
>Charmeleon's red coloring
>Wartortle's feathered ears

etc

The ones that just bridge the gap aren't noteworthy at all. I constantly forget that Servine is a thing, for example.
>>
>>32230220

You do realize that's more of a hint to how strong he is by subtly referencing things like "bend iron bars and knock out large men" than anything about its actual design, right? If you want something more concrete to back up your claim, then perhaps consider its fire organ that acts like a "bell" in regards to the design itself, probably referencing a ring bell from wrestling matches.

The fact that the bell quickly switches from neck to waist is still quite a jump as it transitions.
>>
>>32229712
Incineroar was a mistake
>>
Incineroar is clearly meant to be the shillmon of this gen, which is why the anime's been hyping up Ash catching Litten so much
>>
>>32229712
I hate that Torracat isn't the same shade of red as the other two. Looks awkward.
>>
>>32229712
Shut the fuck up Nigger. You've obviously never trained a Torracat or any of its forms. Next time, consider shooting yourself before you make such a retarded post.
>>
>>32231232
Are you okay
>>
>>32231231
It's orange. Just like Charmander line goes from Orange -> Red -> Orange, Litten line goes Red -> Orange -> Red. As much as I dislike Incineroar, that's not a reason.
>>
>>32231275
I'm not saying that's the reason Torracat is JUST. It's just something that bothers me because I like Litten, and I used to like Incineroar. I don't care for the Charmander line at all.
>>
File: croc.png (32KB, 240x108px) Image search: [Google]
croc.png
32KB, 240x108px
>>32229827
I find it weird that the circle on the right of its chest seems to be expanding overtime.
>>
File: IMG_1425.png (220KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1425.png
220KB, 373x327px
>>32231232
>>
>>32231231
Torracat's orange is better than Litten/Incineroar's shade of red IMO
>>
>>32231267
>>32231324

He's the one who trying to start shit. It's so obvious that he's only hating on Torracat because he's a Popplio or Rowlet fag.
>>
>>32229712
Torracat is literally just Incineroar on all fours ya dingus
>>
File: Torracat_concpt.png (147KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
Torracat_concpt.png
147KB, 670x402px
>>32231161
Not really. Why would a cat have a "punch" as its main method of attack and always make efforts to stand up when in battle anyway? I think Torracat is a great transition and shows the halfway between going from quadrupedal to bipedal. I prefer it over Fennekin and Tepig, who just instantly go bipedal in their second stages. And just to add a little more, Torracat's fur pattern resembles a wrestling singlet.
>>
>>32230405
>Wartortle's feathered ears
How is that even remotely related to Blastoise?
>>
File: dartrix.png (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dartrix.png
103KB, 500x500px
>>32229712
This retard right here. It does absolutely nothing to bridge the gap to Decidueye and makes the spooky sniper shit come out of nowhere. Literally the only thing it carries over to Decidueye is remnants of its faggot personality.
>>
>>32229812
>Grovyle
>Shit
U fokin wot m8? Grovyle was popular as fuck, moreso than Sceptile at one point.
>>
>>32233709
And rightfully so. Sceptile ruined the design.
>>
>>32233640
In my opinion decidueye is an awful transition, I mean yea rowlet and dartrix have that whole dagger throwing theme but decidueye barely looks like its pre evos. I think rowlet and dartrix look better than decidueye in my opinion.
>>
>>32233298

>And just to add a little more, Torracat's fur pattern resembles a wrestling singlet.

No way, I never noticed that!
>>
>>32229712
Torracat is an improvement over litten
incineroars okay
>>32235586
>>32233640
same as Combusken to Blaziken
and its not like piplup and Prinplup showed any sign of being a steel type
>>
>>32235586
Awful shit taste detected.
>>
>>32235655
Butt blasted deciducuck detected.
>>
>>32233640
>eyes are squinted
>Decidueye had glasses

Really makes you think
>>
File: hmff.jpg (114KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmff.jpg
114KB, 333x500px
>>32229827
>Expecting caveman/dinosaur croc mon, maybe with part Fighting/Dark/Rock typing
>get giant Totodile instead, complete with random Kangskhan plates

I mean yeah I like Feraligatr
but

fuck
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.