[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>maximum amount of different moves is determined by move-points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1490635626977.png (309KB, 967x954px) Image search: [Google]
1490635626977.png
309KB, 967x954px
>maximum amount of different moves is determined by move-points
>better/stronger moves cost exponentialy more
>(optionaly) amount of move-points becomes a seperate stat

How does the meta change?
>>
separate stat is called 'brain' btw.
>>
>>32219160
GJ, you broke the game. Too many move-points and everything learns everything, and speedy shit is top tier. Too little move-points and stall is god since you only need recovery+STAB.
>>
>>32219252
how about, you know, we find a good amount in between those extremes?
>>
>>32219252
>speedy shit
would you rather invest evs in speed or in brain?

anyway, some moves cost more while others cost less. can't the right pricing balance the game?
>>
>>32219280

What determines a moves cost? It can't be bp, scald would cost half of hyper beam. What about secondary effects? Is 10% chance to freeze as valuble as 10% chance to burn? How much is a combat stage worth in the case of Flame Charge? Do you subtract twice that value from Overheat and Leaf Storm? What if a move is useless on it's own but has a great Year move like splash? Who is going to determine all this stuff?

This is a bad idea. Go back to the drawing board.

The best way to balance the game is to limit coverage and delete a ton of moves from the game but too bad, that can never happen. You'll have to play gen 2 if you want an attack below 80 bp to be worth a God damn thing and before every type had an extremely powerful attack. You know, back when things couldn't cover damn near whatever they wanted.
>>
>>32219160
So FE Heroes
>>
>>32219832
/thread

On that last point, are you me? I was ranting about how coverage is cancer in a Landorus thread earlier this week.
>>
>>32219832
>what determines the cost

a good way to do it would be to look at
>coverage
>output vs time and risk
>effects
>maximum amount of uses
>modify with abilities such as contrarian

and you have what you need. moves like scald would become quite expensive while more effective ones with tiny niches in the game become cheaper.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.