[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Began with the linear regions >Gym leaders only have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 5th gen.jpg (199KB, 453x700px) Image search: [Google]
5th gen.jpg
199KB, 453x700px
>Began with the linear regions
>Gym leaders only have 3 Pokemon; Elite Four only use 4
>Removed Secret Bases, Contests and Battle Frontier
>Most Pokemon were just Kanto copypastas with a few tweaks
>A lot of unnecesary legendaries
>Black City and White Forest become completely useless if you stop visiting them frequently
>Worst anime season after Johto saga

The only thing BW1 did right was making TMs infinite and having a good story (which Pokemon never really needed because it's aimed towards kids, unless you're interested in competitive play)

BW2 did much better with PWT, more zones, tutors, Pokestar, old Pokemon, Benja, achievements and many other things, but if people praise gen V because of BW1, then they have some serious problems.
>>
File: IMG_0256.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0256.png
54KB, 500x534px
k
>>
>>32218619
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
>>
>>32218619
100% agree with this, BW was the beginning of the series regression
>>
>>32218619
Tru Dat.
>>
>>32218619
True. Which is why most people prefer bw2. BW2 are great games. While I dislike Unova as a region, I did feel that BW1 did Unova better. BW2 Unova feels like a different region. If you want an authentic Unova feel, I recommend you play BW1
>>
>>32218619
I agree with everything but point 2. That has always been a dumb thing to complain about.
>>
File: 1481579739662.png (112KB, 446x460px) Image search: [Google]
1481579739662.png
112KB, 446x460px
>>32218619
>having a good story
It was better than any other mainline game. But """""""""""""""""""""""""""good"""""""""""""""""""""""""""? The shit I took this morning was better. I would, unironically, watch that shit over BW's story.
>>
Gen 5 is definitely the most "acquired taste" of all the games besides maybe Sun and Moon. Half the things that people like about Gen 5 (only new Pokemon in BW1, story focus, fast pace) are the same things people dislike about it. I personally love it, BW1 felt so fresh to me while BW2 added more to the game. BW2 feeling more "traditional" compared to BW1 did make it have less of an impact on me than BW1.
>>
>>32220000
I respectfully disagree
>>
>>32218680
Someone hasn't played gen 4. Hell most of the removals OP listed can be attributed to the negative response to those changes.
>>
>>32218619
replaying black I forgot how quickly things kick off. You get your pokemon at the start and immediately have 2 pokemon battles.

I don't know how they fucked up xy rivals when they had perfected it here. Although I feel like the grunts at the dream yard revealed waaaaay too early that Ghetis was lying about his goals
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>
File: 1488045050420.png (83KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488045050420.png
83KB, 150x200px
>32223284
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.