[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there will never be a game where you get to go to all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1369012329222.jpg (146KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
1369012329222.jpg
146KB, 600x575px
>there will never be a game where you get to go to all seven regions
>>
>>32217637

They would all be as empty, barren, and watered-down as Kanto was in Gen 2
>>
>>32217681
Kanto was watered down in gen 1
>>
File: piplup_after_the_contest.jpg (943KB, 1603x2047px) Image search: [Google]
piplup_after_the_contest.jpg
943KB, 1603x2047px
>>32217637
Yeah, I don't want to do that.
>>
>>32217681
Kanto was only that way because of space limitations, there wouldn't be any now.
>>
>>32217699

The time they spent putting Kanto in the game would have been better spent fleshing out Johto more
>>
>>32217637
Maybe if it was a console game and the main game was as short as it usually is.
>all seven
You mean 15.
>>
>>32217637
That'd be boring as fuck

>Go through region---8 gyms/Elite four etc

Imagine doing that 7 fucking times
>>
>>32217723
The side game regions aren't canon
>>
How does 2 regions and battle frontier with a sevii isles esque mini region sound.
>>
>>32217637
Do you mean a new game with a map of all seven regions and a new storyline that has you visiting all those regions with new content or do you want the same games with updated graphics together with seamless travel?
>>
>>32217637
Every region is virtually a reskin of one another. You'd be doing the same thing seven times. As things are, GF can't manage to create a game with one region that feels like it has enough content, so if you want 7, you're going to get an alola tier game where each region takes an hour to run through.
>>
>>32217737
Are too. They can trade or send to the main games, and are mentioned here and there.
>>
>>32217699
Then why is it that ROM hacks can add massive amounts of content to gen 2 games without removing anything? Space was not a problem.
>>
>>32217737
Orre,Almia,Floresta and Oblivia are all canon.
The others i'm not sure:
Poketopia might be canon,but aside from that...
>>
>>32217637
I have a fantasy of a sequel to Red and Blue set in Kanto about 20 years in the future, and filled with changes and entirely new routes, towns, and dungeons.

AND THEN portals start opening up, allowing you to visit SELECT locations in the other regions, namely Lush Jungle in Alola, Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh, N's Castle in Unova, the ruins of Team Flare's hideout under Geosenge Town in Kalos, Mossdeep City and the surrounding sea in Hoenn, and the Bell Tower in Johto.

Would that be a good compromise of your own vision?
>>
>>32217637
Good, because that sounds retarded.
>>
>>32217637
good because the idea of that is ass
i already visited them all
>>
>>32217720
Thanks captain hindsight!
>>
good
>>
>>32217637
why do people want this
regions like alola suck dick
Kanto as a region has literally been explorable for a full decade. There are four generations in which you can travel to Kanto.

Give me something new
Kalos had some good ideas but it didn't do enough with them. Unova also had some good stuff going, especially with seasons

Fuck Gamefreak for just abandoning cool design features instead of reusing them and building off of them desu. The Geothermal Plant in Alola could've used assets from Kalos' Badlands, except made them good, but instead it is an entirely pointless detour
>>
>>32217637
I'd say it's a strong possibility that they might do that sometime in the future.

They do remakes to slow down how often they churn out new content, so at some point, they may mash together previous regions in one game or two while they come up with the next gen.

Personally, though, I couldn't care less. I'd like bigger regions altogether, the games are all too theme-park-ish.
I'd like cities with far, far more than just 2 meager little houses and the city gym.
>>
>>32217699
there's also a limit to dev manhours, how do you decide to make more of what you have, or make what you have better? Both have drawbacks and the current franchise balances the level of content to polish well, even a gen 7 johto remake featuring kanto would have this problem, sure there's enough space, but everything takes much longer to make and the effect is the same as the GBC's storage problems. It's a game design problem really
>>
File: well.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
well.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>32217732
>Go through region---8 gyms/Elite four etc
>Imagine doing that 7 fucking times
>>
>>32217732
>>32223804
Nah, that wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>32223838
You don't get it, do you?
>>
>>32217637
it would work if they change up the tasks for every region. One region has a league, another has game based challenges were Pokemon levels might be irrelevant, others need certain attacks and walk through dungeons (side games like). If they could mix it up, turn it into one big open world game why not? But 7 regions with 7 leagues is impossible. Most people wouldn't even finish the Johto league.
>>
>>32223865
You don't get it, do you?
What's the point in curb stomping the other regions after the first one you do if your 'mons will all be over leveled when you move on after the first region? Unless 'mons can then be leveled up to 700 instead of 100, trying to make things work by other ways will ruin the game.
>>
>>32223989
You are really retarded.
We did this 7 times.
One time per gen, except gen 7.
But you can count twice for gen II.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.