[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tournaments with recurring characters from previous Pokemon games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Tournament.png (146KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Tournament.png
146KB, 300x225px
Tournaments with recurring characters from previous Pokemon games should be a thing in every Pokemon game going forward, and they should let you watch the AI matches instead of having them happen off-screen.
>>
>>32214185
Cool idea.

But I'd honestly prefer some sort of battle frontier in every game
>>
>>32214201
why not both?
>>
>>32214185
Why would you want to watch ai battles?
>>
>>32214201
>>32214269
This, but GF is too lazy
>>
>>32214279
This.

Just make a better online experience in general. Something similar to Showdown with chat and spectators. (Not the tiers and teambuilder)
>>
>>32214269
Both would be great but ya gotta be realistic. This is gf we're talking about here
>>
>>32214279

A few would be neat like Lance vs Cynthia.
>>
>>32214279
I like watching AI fights in vidya, espeically if GF would ever bother to make the AI more complex than a toddler for once.

It used to a hobby of mine to just corral the Marines through levels of Halo and try to see if they could kill all the enemies themselves.
>>
>>32214185
You should be able to choose an character to bet on and take control of for each battle.
>>
>>32214185
Why, though? If a character is just going to appear in Battle Facility, they'll need a 3D model, updated to fit the graphic of that Generation. That takes time. If a character is going to appear outside of the Battle Facility, they'll need an updated design and a role. That takes even more time.

This is time, a limited resource, being spent on, quite literally, nothing. Time that could go towards making an overall better game. Wally appeared in SM, but it added nothing. Sure, it was nice seeing him again, but no one cares. It could've been anyone. A generic NPC trainer would fit Wally's role just as well. Take Sina and Dexio. Their role was justified. Someone from another region is introducing Mega Evolution to a trainer from Alola, where Mega Evolution isn't a big thing. Even Red and Blue are justified. They needed strong trainers to be the Bosses of Battle Tree, so instead of making new characters no one cares about, like the Maison leaders, they picked two of the most beloved characters known for their strength for the job. Then there's Colress and Grimsley. Unless their roles are expanded upon in future games, they're a waste of effort.

Don't get me wrong. I like seeing older characters return. But you have choice here. Spend time bringing back characters, or make the game overall better. Between the two, I care a lot more about the latter.
>>
>>32214850
modders do the same thing with existing assets almost a week after the game released.
>>
>>32214651
>making two of the worst champions face off

I don't really get it.
>>
>>32214864
That's Diantha and Iris, anon.
>>
>>32214876
Just Iris. Diantha was neat. Iris was just gf being lazy again. Wallace was cool
>>
>>32214201
Same, I don't even like the Battle Frontier that much.
>>
>>32214279
In-game betting.
>>
>>32214291
which game had showdown?
>>
>>32214948
Smogon
>>
>>32214944
This. Would love it! Too bad gambling is bad because Murica... Damn I miss the game corner
>>
>>32214902
Diantha was GF being lazy, iris wasn't great but definitely not as bad as Diantha.
>>
>>32215006
It was taken out because of laws passed in Europe because gambling is bad, dumbass.
>>
>>32215006
It was Europe that got gambling deleted, actually.
Thanks for that, yurocuck.
>>
File: RUMBLE.png (324KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
RUMBLE.png
324KB, 636x358px
>>32214279
>>
File: 1424786936213.png (203KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
1424786936213.png
203KB, 600x470px
>>32214185
Knowing GF, they're probably gonna have boxed and generic dialogue so they say the same thing to all trainers not yours rather than something interesting to a potential rival/friend/etc.,

Why put in the effort, really?
>>
File: PWT_Fuuro_Nagi.jpg (241KB, 715x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PWT_Fuuro_Nagi.jpg
241KB, 715x1000px
>>32214185
>and they should let you watch the AI matches instead of having them happen off-screen.
It should be toggleable. The option is there for the sake of fanservice, but you don't have to watch
>>
>>32216148
Did they fug?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.