[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life is getting pretty shit right now, /vp/. If you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 40

File: 1401238448662.jpg (27KB, 720x274px) Image search: [Google]
1401238448662.jpg
27KB, 720x274px
Life is getting pretty shit right now, /vp/. If you don't mind, can you gush about your favorite Pokemon in this thread? Let your heart out and tell me why your favorites are your favorites.
>>
File: kec is best.jpg (310KB, 694x881px) Image search: [Google]
kec is best.jpg
310KB, 694x881px
>>32209369
Kecleon is just fucking cool. It has a cool design and isn't complete trash in battles if you know how to use it. I always imagine him changing colors based on his type, he's just so fucking rad.
>>
>>32209369
Parasect was allways top place in my heart ever since gen1 where i knew nothing about competitiveness and just pressed slash at the E4. i had one with cut at g2, and was even considering using its hoenn counterpart when first playing ruby.

i think agility parasect is fucking based and if i had gone into mogon before grass nerfed spores i wd have made it ou despite sleep clause (cuz everyone else wd be coppying me). dry skin parasect is nice suprise to send on anyone thinking they nailed my magcargo (when im not using cradily) and effect spore wall paradise wsaved my ass more than once.

anyway OP, a nice way to lose yourself is to play ZHP unlosing ranger. give it a try.
>>
File: Mega Bro.png (87KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Bro.png
87KB, 300x300px
This mon is my fucking bro. I love its design, its typing and its personality. I chose torchic in my RSE games and was not disappointed.
>>
>>32209369
I like flabébé because is like, cute and shit.
>>
File: rardevoir.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rardevoir.png
56KB, 250x250px
this fucker made me a degenerate
>>
File: 2951515_p0_master1200.jpg (68KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
2951515_p0_master1200.jpg
68KB, 325x325px
>>32209369
>always meh to it, never really cared for it ever since I first laid eyes on it in '06 when all the Gen 4 mons were leaking
>by sheer luck end up in a situation where I have no choice to try it in single player
>eh, it's a Steel, this could work
>It just won't fucking die
Before Probopass I was always fickle with my favorites. However it's been my favorite for about over 4 years and even though it's hurt some times over the years since there's barely any fanart along with the fact that I'm still mad I never got to see Roxanne with Mega Probopass to this day, when I look back I don't regret it one damn bit. If some jew relic is gonna be my favorite mon I don't give a shit, and it made me feel happy to see SM give it a bit of attention. I can at least be happy that as dumb as GF gets sometimes they'll never forget my nigga. Can't even call me contrarian I fucking love shit like starters, pseudos and mascot legends, but none of them top Probopass for me.
>>
File: porygon_exe_by_emmendal-dawlym2.png (1MB, 1784x1568px) Image search: [Google]
porygon_exe_by_emmendal-dawlym2.png
1MB, 1784x1568px
As a kid my shit was too real so I loved onix. He was big and strong and could endure anything. As I grow older now I find that I really have taken a liking to the porygon line. They are smart and show that we can truly upgrade ourselves past our history. Ie. Porygon was just a program, 2 gained a.i. status, and z is level 9000.
>>
File: 663Talonflame.png (428KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
663Talonflame.png
428KB, 1280x1280px
>>32209369
Tatonflame is probably one of my favorite bird pokemon I saw. People were dubbing this as "smogonbird" or "the brave bird". The "Smogonbird" nickname was stupid because those smogon fags on /vp/ right now.

>勇敢的鸟 (Mandarin)
>>
File: sadsel.png (181KB, 1031x786px) Image search: [Google]
sadsel.png
181KB, 1031x786px
If there was a pokemon i would train irl this would be it
>>
>>32209369
I like Ditto because it is really flexible. I could put choice scarf on it to outsweep sweepers, especially boosted ultra beasts, or leftovers to outstall stallers.
I also absolutely despise pokephiles and pokephilia, so it's a mercy that rule 34 of ditto is mostly making fun of it being used for breeding instead of actual fucking
>>
>cute
>cute cry
>fun typing (i always liked grass-types anyway)
>fun to use ingame, a bit useless competitively but that's fine
>is a fat pumpkin
>>
File: tumblr_lj5alhaswb1qhalwko1_1280.png (291KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj5alhaswb1qhalwko1_1280.png
291KB, 600x600px
>>32209369
Most Pokemon stick to either simple design, weak personality to leave the Pokemon as a fairly blank slate or a complex design with strong personality to award it with a strong presence. Swanna's fairly unique in branching out from that to give us a very concise and honest design backed up by a huge amount of character. You can get a clear grasp on what it is and how it behaves the moment you see it, which left a potent impression on me that's lasted from my first time seeing it to the present that just has not happened with any other Pokemon (or at least not in the same way).

Such a clean, appeasing design supported with a powerful identity just makes me happy; it's a joy to look at. This thing's somehow able to beat out three families of my favourite animals in the world and I wouldn't want that to change. I love this stupid swan.
>>
File: horse.png (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
horse.png
65KB, 250x250px
Then listen up! My favorite Rapidash... It... cute... lovely... smart... plus... amazing... you think so?... oh yes... it... stunning... kindly... love it! Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... spectacular... ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you too long! Thanks for hearing me out!
>>
File: image.png (240KB, 800x919px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240KB, 800x919px
I love Zoroark. Its my favorite type, good stats, nice move pool, super useful in my White playthrough, and a unique gimmick ability.

Also its personality in that one movie is pretty great and Zorua is cute.
>>
>>32211820
Just give me my Bike Voucher, old man.
>>
File: 1490069862045.jpg (115KB, 700x580px) Image search: [Google]
1490069862045.jpg
115KB, 700x580px
It's hard for me to say what my favorite pokemon really is. But right now I feel it's carnivine. I have a soft spot for the poor plant, I love the design and how it's been portrayed in the games and anime. I wish it was better, but I won't cry over it. It's cute and cool, and that's all that matters, not all pokemon need to be garchomp.
>>
File: 1490678674099.jpg (29KB, 463x426px) Image search: [Google]
1490678674099.jpg
29KB, 463x426px
>>32209369
Gliscor is by far the best Sinnohvolution and its design its pretty cool.

Poison heal is comfy AF and it was my First Max-Evolved Shiny
>>
File: 1483671113555.png (497KB, 1225x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1483671113555.png
497KB, 1225x1261px
My love for Exeggutor started with the old "March of the Exeggutor Squad" episode of the anime that I watched as a wee sperg. The goofy cry, the goofy heads, the way they trampled everything. I just loved it. It helped when the champion had one in Gen I (even if the moves were shit). Psychic was strong too.

Gen 7 was the icing on the cake as it got a new, even goofier form.
>>
File: IMG_1394.jpg (36KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
36KB, 215x234px
My favourite is Houndoom

Dark has always been my favourite type ever since I fought Karen in G/S/C, her houndoom sweeped my team, I thought It was so cool looking and strong, and Houndoom has been my companion Pokemon ever since
>>
File: Capture4.png (733KB, 567x426px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
733KB, 567x426px
if i were told to make a pokemon out of a prism i wouldn't know what to do, but somehow game freak pulled it off. it has such a weird but fascinating anatomy. thinking about how it's essentially just that mass in the middle with limbs attached is funny but also really intriguing to me. i love the way shapes make up the face, very cool idea. it's great how game freak manages to wring a lot of emotion out of it even though it seems like such a stiff, almost nonliving thing. even klefki seems more organic, yet it's so clear when it's angry or pleased. the refresh animation where it just curls up and seethes is really fucking funny.

gf did a great job animating it. like when you send it out of its pokeball it throws its arms to the side as though it had been trying to break out. in particular there's a great use of weight in its animations. like when it's using a physical attack and it brings its huge claw down, and when it shoves you away because you tossed the bean or something.

it's got a lot of potential backstory wise as well. it might not have even come from ultra space, but rather some far-off dimension. something completely bizarre and opposite to the world we know. i wonder what role it must play in its homeworld? maybe it's the equivalent of a pikipek there. who knows? it's a lot of fun to speculate about.

playing with it in refresh is pretty funny too. you catch a vicious, violent prism monster from beyond the stars with a bad habit of firing lasers everywhere, right, and it's covered in spikes with not a single soft spot on his body. and you have this genius idea to pet it. and then you do, and it turns out necrozma likes that and it has a favorite spot. you can even feed it beans and malasadas. that is absolutely ridiculous and adorable.

sorry you're going through some tough times op. i hope things get better for you, even if it's just a little bit better, and i encourage you to keep pushing on in spite of life's difficulties.
>>
File: alakazam.gif (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
alakazam.gif
52KB, 250x250px
Alakazam has been one of my favs ever since transferring my Kadabra from Blue to Crystal and getting it to evolve. I was a pretty awesome moment. 17 years ago or so...

I also liked using it in Pokemon Stadium 2 pretty much solely because Psybeam had a cool animation.
>>
I've always really liked Porygon-2, not sure why.
>>
File: primarina3.jpg (149KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
primarina3.jpg
149KB, 960x1024px
I was lucky enough to be a fan of this series since the very beginning: Pokémon Red was my first videogame ever. As you can imagine, this franchise and all of its creatures hold a very important place in my heart.
No Pokémon design ever resonated with me as much as this one, though.
I could go on about how I love that every element of its design feels like it has so much thought behind it. I could go on about how pleasantly surprised I get everytime I learn something new about it, even months later.
But, in the end, what's most important is that Primarina striked me with its beauty from the first moment I saw it. Just thinking about this thing, it makes me happy.
>>
Lightning dog, pretty much the only reason I like it.
That said I first seen it in Rescue Team when playing through Mt Thunder, had taken a liking to it since then.

His mega done him no justice.
>>
File: Dragon Slayer.png (520KB, 1200x1606px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Slayer.png
520KB, 1200x1606px
I really liked Pokemon in general as a kid, but I never really liked any one Pokemon more than all of the others. Then I was watching the anime and the first episode with Gardevoir aired. I thought that it looked like a princess, and it has been my favorite ever since. Really hate how many people want to fuck it though.
>>
File: gallade_wat.jpg (10KB, 300x123px) Image search: [Google]
gallade_wat.jpg
10KB, 300x123px
>>32215108
>filename
>>
>>32215129
Fairy-type is super effective against Dragon-type.
>>
>>32214356
Congrats. I now love Necrozma.
>>
File: 1471816680534.png (406KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1471816680534.png
406KB, 600x404px
I just think the Bulba line looks amazing.
>>
File: 1465933643139.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1465933643139.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>32215204
>>
File: mudkip.png (165KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
mudkip.png
165KB, 420x420px
I grew up watching Pokemon on TV whenever I was somewhere with cable. The good shit in Kanto and Johto. I had toys, cards, video cassettes, whatever you can imagine. I knew and loved all the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon.

On Christmas Day when I was young, I finally got a Gameboy and Ruby. I got to go into a setting with no knowledge of the Pokemon I would see. I saw this one and instantly loved it. To this day, Mudkip is my favorite and I still feel that childish gidiness when I get to choose one as my starter.
>>
File: 160_Feraligatr8.png (269KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
160_Feraligatr8.png
269KB, 600x450px
I got into Pokemon through the anime. Gold was my first main series, with Stadium technically being my first game. Feraligatr is essentially my version of Charizard for those who started with Red. When I played Gold for the first time, I literally only used my starter because of how much I liked it. I caught other stuff, but never really used them. I started training other Pokemon after losing to Red when I first challenged him. That Feraligatr was the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100. I still think the whole Totodile line is amazing.

Thanks for all your posts, you guys.
>>
File: 15108077_p0_master1200.jpg (152KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
15108077_p0_master1200.jpg
152KB, 600x600px
>>32216998
No problem
>>
>>32216998
Hope things get better for you, OP
>>
>>32216998
Sharing is good. Thanks go to you, too.

>>32217282
nice cup
>>
File: 1422100645638.png (34KB, 437x199px) Image search: [Google]
1422100645638.png
34KB, 437x199px
>have always liked the water starters since Squirtle
>they never get any fucking attention ever, despite being the best or almost best designed starter every gen
>Gen 5 Oshawott and Dewott give me hope but Samurott crushes it with shit stats, no fighting type and lolquadruped
>out of the shitshow of XY comes this guy
>godly ability, great stats and design, and finally the first water starter to receive the attention they deserved

Greninja will always be the hero of water starters to me.

And fuck Ash-Greninja
>>
File: tumblr_oalemsyRGb1qc68ujo1_500.png (276KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oalemsyRGb1qc68ujo1_500.png
276KB, 500x500px
My favorite Pokemon as a 6 year old until I was 22 years old was Eevee.

She's just so fluffy and cuddly. As I got older, she represented potential to me, like I could be anything in the world.
>>
slowpoke is just so stupid looking. i love his fat pink body and vacant eyes. he just seems so chill and calming.
>>
File: 1427139811019.jpg (174KB, 464x424px) Image search: [Google]
1427139811019.jpg
174KB, 464x424px
This seems like a nice thread.

Shuckle is one of my favorite creatures in any game ever. Ever since I was a child turtles were my favprite animal, I adored them. I remember being dissapointed in the squirtle like as other then the shell they didn't much after actual turtles. In comes shuckle and its everything zi love about turtles, its cute, lazy, and uses its shell as a defense mechanism. Of course kid me didn't really think about the fact it was bug/rock type but it was a turtle to me. As I've got older I've seen countless people say what they think it is which is always interesting. The most likely to me is a scale insect but I want to believe it takes inspiration frim multiple things and ideas to be...just shuckle. And I love that.

As a design shuckle is just perfect. Its cute, silly, easily recognizable, interesting, its just perfect. Even in a world of ridiculous creatures shuckle is the oddball out. Its just a weird rock, worm, barnicle, scale insect, jar, fungus thing that wishes to be left alone with its rotten berries. I relate to that, its a lazy little guy. I can write an essay how much I love it, shuckle is just great.
>>
File: wooper space.jpg (49KB, 517x627px) Image search: [Google]
wooper space.jpg
49KB, 517x627px
it's adorable and it's an instacatch in any game it's in. It's on a custom mousepad of mine, and I've even gone out of my way to hack it in as a starter in the PMD games, where i can use it without needing to evolve it. i love quagsire but wooper's better

It's the primary reason why i almost never take the Water starter, even. It's absurdly useful ingame too, learning EQ naturally and able to take a hit.
>>
File: 234066-pokemon-raichu.jpg (31KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
234066-pokemon-raichu.jpg
31KB, 500x544px
Raichu is my favorite. He is the perfect combo of cute and mischevious.

I always enjoyed seeing Pikachu and Raichu interact in the series it was like an older and younger brother rivalry.

Dex enteries were always cool. 100k volt ahocks, its Fur glows in the dark and it can kill an indian elephant
>>
File: IMG_6444.jpg (119KB, 960x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6444.jpg
119KB, 960x732px
Started Pokémon as a kid with the anime but grew out of it when kids started saying it was "gay" or "for babies". Then in 2013 I got in college and made friends that were really into it and it resparked my interest. I began to read up on it, check videos and let's plays. Eventually in May 2016 I decided to buy a 2DS and I chose Pokémon Y because it had Dragalge in it.

I loved Dragalge because it looks like a Pokémon that's in control. It inspires respect, fear and awe. This is a Pokémon that you give a wide berth to. Its eyes speak of calmness, control yet a hint of intelligence and wisdow. It's body is so slender, not overdetailed or underdetailed and it's 3D model is so great it somehow vaguely faintly reminds me of a Reaper or something out of a Lovecraftian story.

Also, ot's not the best in game, but it's definitely something. With Adaptability its high special attack makes it a fearsome foe with his Dragon Pulse and Sludge Wave. It has an interesting typing that can strike the fear of God in any fairy type. If only it wasn't so slow...
>>
>>32219906

Forgot to mention, pic is a watercolor I did of my fave Pokémon
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 200x173px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 200x173px
Reuniclus has the perfect balance between cute and cool, and it showcases a lot of creativity this way. Its evolutions are all consistently well-designed and they all have genius names. Reuniclus is also competitively-viable, meaning I can use it and not have it as dead weight.

Reuniclus was also the backbone for the White team, and I will always be grateful for that. Reunclus is a smart, cool, and easy-on-the-eyes design and is not only viable to use, but also a total bro.
>>
File: IMG_5747.png (641KB, 851x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5747.png
641KB, 851x552px
My favorite Pokemon will always be Golduck. From watching the anime and the way they always portrayed its psychic powers just made it so badass to me. My first games was Sapphire and my Golduck that I nicknamed Freezy was my first Pokemon that I trained to level 100. I then proceeded to trade him all the way up to HeartGold over the course of the years. I actually owned that Pokemon for 8 years which is crazy to think about for me. I finally let him go after that but he'll always stick with me.
>>
Lapras is my favorite pokemon because I want to fuck her
>>
File: Best Dragon.jpg (195KB, 700x517px) Image search: [Google]
Best Dragon.jpg
195KB, 700x517px
When I first got into Pokemon (around Gen 3) I decided to get a booster pack to try it out. It was mostly unremarkable, but one card stuck out. It was a badass reverse-holo Salamence. While it would be nothing special today, I had never seen anything like it (I hadn't played the games and I watched a little of the anime). When I got that card, I decided to check out the rest of the franchise, and I've been a fan ever since.

Now, there are other reasons Salamence is my favorite. It's a beast competitively, it has a pretty great design, and I've had some amazing times playing with it. However, it's my absolute favorite because I probably wouldn't be a Pokemon fan without it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.