[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between a Ghost Pokemon and plain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1488382183620.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488382183620.png
9KB, 454x288px
What's the difference between a Ghost Pokemon and plain old Ghost (there have been ghosts in the canon that are not Pokemon)? What determines which you become? Can Ghost Pokemon die? Can they be killed? What happens after they die if they can die?
>>
>>32208345

Ghost-type Pokemon have ghost like properties (or shadow/darkness/spirit powers), but not all of them are actual ghosts.

Only a few Ghost-type Pokemon (Gengar and the Yamask and Phantump lines) are explicitly stated to be dead humans.
>>
>>32208345
why do reaction images like this piss me off so much. this one and the alakazam and blastoise ones.
>>
>>32208438

This raises a question, do ALL people become Yamask when they die or does it requires specific circumstances? How do people know Yamask are dead humans? What happens to Pokémon who die?
>>
>>32208345
I assume that the "plain ol' ghosts" are the ghost of a dead person or Pokemon that has yet to be reincarnated as, well, Ghost-type Pokemon.
>>
>>32208345
I always figured that ghost type pokemon were just living organisms with many of the abilities and properties commonly associated with ghosts, which is why they can breed and eat.
>>
Didn't you realise yet? The only anime canon is the first season and the only game canon is rb and gs.

The rest is non canon shovelware.
>>
>>32209088
?

Are ye in the wrong thread?
>>
ghost
>>
>>32209088
Uh, even if we were to accept this metric, that changes nothing for the OP's question.
>>
>>32209133
>>32209127
Ghost nonsense didn't get so silly in the canon I mentioned, unless I'm mistaken. I might be mistaken.
>>
Ghost Pokémon aren't ghosts, they're undead monsters that were born undead (or evolved undead\changed form into an undead, in some cases) with a few exceptions. Those being Yamask (ghosts of humans) and Spiritomb (108 dead human souls inhabiting a keystone). The rest are just ghost\undead-like beings.
>>
>>32208438
thats folklore and legends you idiot, pokedex also record that kind of data
>>
Oh and Driftloon too. They come from souls of both humans (that did'nt turn into Yamask instead) and Pokémon.
>>
>>32208438
This, except that there are no Ghost-types that were former living beings. Ghost-types are just beings with Ghost-types powers. Yes, they can die.

Honest-to-god ghosts can exist, but you'd never be able to catch them. The best you can do is to momentarily cause them to dissipate.
>>
Dex entries are just stories people tell to teach something to kids. Like the Bible.
>>
>>32208345
Unless we are presented with HOW the one who wrote dex entries found out that human become Yamask or Drifloon, it should be just dismissed as legends, not necessarily true. It's not something you can just confirm easily.
>>
>>32209161
you're mistaken
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.