[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished version 3 of my random Pokedex generator. Ask if you'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 1490891181184.jpg (947KB, 1248x933px) Image search: [Google]
1490891181184.jpg
947KB, 1248x933px
I finished version 3 of my random Pokedex generator. Ask if you'd like a dex generated for you.

New features:
>Better UI
>Export pokedex as spreadsheet document
>Generate screenshots
>Base stats generated for every pokemon based on evolution stage and type(s)
>Manually edit pokemon and base stats
>Copy and paste pokemon
>Can name pokemon

The generator creates a pokedex based on canon type combination and evolution line size ratios.
>>
File: 1490891406817.png (48KB, 1236x644px) Image search: [Google]
1490891406817.png
48KB, 1236x644px
Also if you want to download it for yourself, here.

megafileupload
com/Kkg5/
pokegen_v3.exe

For the record, I looked into it and apparently Game Maker games get a tonne of false positives from virus scanners. So it's a long-shot as to whether this will be blocked by your computer or not. Sorry. I really don't know how to fix that
>>
File: excel.png (50KB, 833x833px) Image search: [Google]
excel.png
50KB, 833x833px
I can also upload pokedexes to pastebin. If you save it in notepad as a ".csv" file you get all the Pokemon's base stats and junk.

(If you want that, please ask in advance just because I'm going to generate the screencap and quickly move on otherwise)
>>
Wow you actually put some of my ideas into it!
Will check it and see what else I could suggest
>>
File: Screenshot.png (47KB, 1236x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
47KB, 1236x644px
>>32208009
The idea about generating legendary trios, route birds, etc seemed difficult... so I just made a manual edit function which was just as difficult to get working.

Eh, I could probably get that working in a different version but life is going to start getting in the way of this side project thing. Lemme know if you run into any bugs (I already know that the screenshot button doesn't crop the dex right all the time. Working on it.)
>>
>>32208052
That's bad to know, but life priorities are priorities!

When you first posted this here I had a thread where anons suggested me typing for a fakedex and that's what I've been doing for the last days, trying to finish the designs so I can finally deliver the results.

I actually used you generator to "organize" some of the typings and got really interested in it. If you stop working on this project I'd gladly pick up the mantle (or if you don't stop, I'll ask if you'd mind I taking your idea to try to actually develop something)
>>
>>32208009
Now, about the generator:

Can't seem to make the resolution fit my scree, is there any way to change it?
>>
>>32208093
Use this however you want. Last thing I'll do for this project is clean up the code to be readable to others and upload the Game Maker 8 project file.

>>32208093
What's your resolution? This was a problem for another anon last night so I'll just try making the whole thing smaller. Which means a lot of rewriting is in my future. bleh
>>
>>32208116
Sorry that second half was meant to be directed at >>32208116
>>
File: screenshot.png.png (47KB, 1220x653px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png.png
47KB, 1220x653px
Okay. Version 4 complete.

New features:
>Fixed screencap function. Will actually save as a .png now
>UI appropriate for smaller resolutions now (Window dimensions: 1220 x 653)
>Press enter to toggle edit mode
>It's slightly uglier and I hate it

megafileupload
com/26fdg/
pokegen4.exe

>>32208116
Hope this helps you
>>
File: _Pokedex_tool-512.png (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
_Pokedex_tool-512.png
46KB, 512x512px
>>32208846
Ugh sorry. That was a buggy mess

I bugtested this time. Also added a loading screen.

megafileupload
com/26fdo/pokegen4.exe
>>
>>32210682
Same
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.