[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>124 Speed >95 Special Attack >Immunity to the Flinch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0519.png (368KB, 955x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.png
368KB, 955x743px
>124 Speed
>95 Special Attack
>Immunity to the Flinch from Fake Out
>Quiver Dance
>Fairy type

>Not even RU

What went wrong?
>>
>>32207343
Might've been good a few gens ago but why would you use that instead of Pheromosa? I mean even with Phero getting banned there's better bugs.
>>
>Bagon used Dragon Rage!
>Ribombee fainted!
>>
>>32207343
>shitty defenses
>rock weakness
>fake out is useless thanks to the new mega evolution mechanic
>>
File: FFFDSD.png (420KB, 605x530px) Image search: [Google]
FFFDSD.png
420KB, 605x530px
>>32207350
>why would you use this pokemon when this one is better?
eugh
>>
File: llo.png (92KB, 199x204px) Image search: [Google]
llo.png
92KB, 199x204px
>>32207353
>dragon rage
>bug/fairy pokemon
>>
it's got no coverage. kind of an issue with a bug/fairy type
>>
>>32207387
You asked why it's RU. If there is a better option, people will use the better option to win.
Ribombee is the inferior option in battle, so they wouldn't use it. Hence, RU. Use your brain, I just answered the question.
>>
Ribombee is a Pokemon that by all means I should like since it hits almost all of my preferences but I just don't like it.
>>
File: ribombee_by_psiaus-daqgh7m.png (424KB, 706x693px) Image search: [Google]
ribombee_by_psiaus-daqgh7m.png
424KB, 706x693px
It's such a shame because it's such a power house during the main story. Even having honey gather my ribombee more than did her fair share of work. I've even been trying to breed for a half decent shiny.
>>
>>32207343
It's paper thin
>>
>>32207343
Lacks the bulk, good status, raw strength of better bugs.
>>
File: IMG_2084.png (499KB, 681x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2084.png
499KB, 681x665px
>>32207475
>everybody complains about Hau's Raichu
>mfw Ribombee was at the front of the party
>>
>>32207353
>>32207353
Could this be bait?
>>
>>32207526
I had Munchlax with crunch. I didn't know people thought that fight was hard.
>>
>>32207377
How does fake out change Mega Evolution now?
>>
>>32207582
It can catch you off guard depending on what you have in the lead.
>>
>>32207526
>>32207582
>>32207615
i had a ton of pokemon good against psychic types. I have ducideye, ribombee, and absol. That riachu wasn't going to do shit to me.
>>
A slight breeze can kill it like most Quiver Dancers.
>>
File: 1469997711689.jpg (39KB, 599x713px) Image search: [Google]
1469997711689.jpg
39KB, 599x713px
>>32207464
not op nerd

and "this OU pokemon is better" doesnt explain why it doesnt scrape by in RU.

use your brain, if you don't know RU meta then dont pretend like you know the answer by making an irrelevant comparison
>>
>>32207526
Any adult who finds the main adventure in any Pokemon "hard" has to have brain problems or has never played a video game before
>>
>Bug/Fairy has awful coverage that only Hidden Power Ground can patch
>can't set up on anything that isn't a choiced Fighting type or a weak Scald
>zero defensive utility when defense is supposed to be Fairy's strong suit
>there's already a dozen nearly identical Quiver Dance users
>too cute
>>
>>32207801
Well it's the topic of the thread and is basic logic, even if I didn't play RU then it's still a valid reason, despite the simplicity and lack of elaboration.
Smogon tiers are based on usage.
Ribombee is shit so nobody uses it, hence why it doesn't hit RU.
Use your brain, if you can't understand the basic logic behind "it's not used enough because there are better things to use" then you don't understand what I was saying.
The OP didn't even specify that it was RU they wanted it to be in, just that it was too shit for it. I provided one of the best bug options for battle as a reason why it can't function in a popular tier.
Even to answer your specific question, there's better shit to use in RU so nobody uses it.
And yes, it does explain it in the most simple way. When there is something better, no one wants the crappy one.
>>
>>32207801
Idk, saying it doesn't get used because other stuff is more viable is a bretty basic answer.
>>
>>32207343
>Not even RU
What the fuck are you talking about OP there's no NU at the moment you idiot
>>
>>32207343
Smogon banned Quiver Dance Baton Pass.

In Battle Spot it's quite usable.
>>
File: RUbombee.png (11KB, 283x129px) Image search: [Google]
RUbombee.png
11KB, 283x129px
>>32207343
>Not even RU
>>
File: pikachu.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>32207884
>When there is something better, no one wants the crappy one.
your arguement lost all credibility here, sorry
>>
>>32208361
That's how competitive play works anon, I'm sorry. And it's not an argument, it's a statement of fact. Why do you think people don't use Flygon over Garchomp? Because with Garchomp, they'll win. And in competitive play, people want to win. So yes, regardless of your great strats or how amazing the design may be, people will choose the better option so they can have a better chance of a win. You lack any sort of sense or credibility if you can't see this.
>>
>>32208361
t. karenfag
I love Ribombee but it's pretty easy to acknowledge that people would rather use OP shit than something that's just ok.
>>
File: 7O06U3T.png (216KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
7O06U3T.png
216KB, 500x372px
>>
>>32207343
Pretty simple famalamadingdong. In OU it's just strictly inferior to phero and volcarona, otherwise;
>Lacks opportunities to set up, no sleep powder or other moves to shut down something for a turn.
>Heavy reliance on hidden power, excessively easy to wall, even when set up doesn't OHKO bulkier threats with neutral STAB.
>Very weak to hazards long term, both spikes and SR, can't come in terribly much.
>The above two points are workable on their own but a death sentence together.
>Otherwise lacks support moves to abuse speed, is outclassed in this department by the likes of klefki and froslass.
Screen setters are a dime a dozen, a fast aromatherapy is nice but that's not worth a team slot if it offers no other role compression. Move tutors might offer it some nice shit eventually though, if only for doubles, seems likely to get after you and tailwind. This would make it the fastest non-mega after you in the game.

>>32208268
>>32208189
There's no NU but if you go by the last usage stats it'd be NU.
>>
I'm actually surprised it's gonna be NU. It's a pretty decent quiver dance sweeper. We may see it being banned to RU some day. But of course there are glaring problems, Ribombee can't do jack shit to steel types.
>>
>>32207607
New stats and ability now are counted in the turn of the mega evolution.
For example mega beedrill can instantly use its 145 speed and mega sableye can't use prankster when mega evolves
>>
>>32207626
>All those Pokemon at the start of the third island
Nice try guy
>>
I'm using one on my VGC team, and it's beautiful in Doubles. Fast Aromatherapy, a signature move that can heal allies or damage foes, and decent damage output with a Quiver Dance. Shame it blows Regigigas dick in singles.
>>
Quiver Dance is an amazing move, but its users tend to be too frail to really take advantage of it. The only real exceptions are Volcarona and Pheramosa.
>>
>>32211071
I can't wait till mega banette gets out of limbo so i could use its mega's prankster on turn one.
>>
>>32212806
>sleep powder
>quiver dance
>>
>>32212949
And for mega swampert that can instantly use swift swim.
And for mega lopunny that can use an extra coverage move
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.