[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>doesn't even come close to fixing the main problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: 250px-Platinum_EN_boxart (5).png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart (5).png
118KB, 250x224px
>doesn't even come close to fixing the main problems with DP (slowness and story)
>instead fixes a bunch of insignificant problems like the regional dex and surfing speed
>adds some postgame
>"Yeah haha DP sucks but Platinum is the best game in the series!"
>>
>>32204415
Wrong. It is the best game though.
>>
>>32204422
how
>>
Who cares about your opinion? You'll die one day just like the rest of us.
>>
>>32204415
>surfing speed
>regional dex
>postgame
not significant changes
>>
>>32204415
>Battles are slow
>The story has bad pacing
>Everything else is perfect to near-perfect
>"ERHMAGERD IT IS THE WORST GAME IN THE FRANCHISE"
Granted it's not the best, we have had several worse entries that this. Just try and compare the amount of content Platinum had to the amount of content XY or SM have.
>>
The story wasn't the main issue at all. It's still not great, even in Platinum, but it did get fleshed out. The slowness is the biggest issue in all Sinnoh games.

The regional dex in DP was a huge problem though, the variety was abysmal. Platinum made this a lot better. Platinum isn't my favourite game by a long shot, but it does improve a lot over DP - too bad it feels like what DP should have been in the first place.
>>
>>32204431
>Everything else is perfect to near-perfect
Like what?

>Just try and compare the amount of content Platinum had to the amount of content XY or SM have.
XY and SM are the first games in their respective gens. That's not a fair comparison at all.
>>
File: 1490678674099.jpg (29KB, 463x426px) Image search: [Google]
1490678674099.jpg
29KB, 463x426px
>>32204491

>They are the first ones, they Can be bad because... Emm. No argument at all

That's the most elusive and mediocre try of argument to defend XY
>>
>>32204491
>Like what?
Not him, but the game balance and difficulty come to mind. First and last Champion that gave me a run for my money, and that was fucking fun.
>XY and SM are the first games in their respective gens.
And? ORAS barely managed more content than XY, so I don't understand your logic. Also Gen 7 is almost literally a refined Gen 6 that had more years in development, so no excuse there either.
>>
>>32204603
>game balance
what is this

>difficulty
It was difficult, but that's not automatically a good thing. V and VII were also difficult, but it was at a level where you didn't have to grind more than 1-2 levels to pass a boss battle. I see no reason why I should have to pointlessly grind.

>>32204598
My point about comparing SM and Platinum is that Platinum is the directors cut of its gen, which means that it was made solely to add more (mainly postgame) content.

>Also Gen 7 is almost literally a refined Gen 6 that had more years in development, so no excuse there either
what?
>>
>>32205897

>Gen VII
>Difficult

¿What? SM has probably the easier E4 and Champ ever. Not even X/Y was that easy and Diantha has a Shit-tier team.
>>
>>32204415
Platinum's better than DP but anyone who thinks it's the best game in the series is frankly delusional. I really don't understand why people think it's so amazing.
>>
>problems with the regional dex
>insignificant
>>
>>32207585
The regional dex still has problems even after it's expanded. These problems were exacerbated as well once Wifi was turned off but I guess if you have extra DS' lying around you can trade yourself.
>>
File: Ho-Oh-for-desktop.jpg (642KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ho-Oh-for-desktop.jpg
642KB, 1920x1200px
>people think platinum are best game
It's not a bad game, but those folks are just one game off form the true best games the series has to offer.
>>
File: tumblr_o3hsj53RDe1tiy5zvo1_500.png (64KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3hsj53RDe1tiy5zvo1_500.png
64KB, 500x274px
>>32204424
Opinions
>>
>>32207609
HGSS are better than Platinum but not the best games in the series.
>>
4 > 2 > 7 > 1 > 6 >>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

platinum is the best, bw are the worst, but xy is a bad game and rse/bwb2w2 are substantially worse than it
>>
>>32207658
>b2w2
>emerald
>anywhere near the bottom
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>32207671
He's a Sinnohfetus, what do you expect? Good taste? Kek.
>>
>>32207658
Good job falsefagger. I'm a Sinnohfag as well and let me tell you that this is the worst taste I've ever seen
>>
>>32207671
>emerald
too much water

also no day/night cycle, why the fuck do they love removing features so much?

>b2w2, aka autistic green-haired prettyboy's abuse saga pt. 2
i wonder why.
>>
>>32207749
N is in B2W2 for literally 2 minutes
>>
>>32207840
i don't care how long he's in it for, i care that the entire region was cucked because they wanted to try making some epic story which ultimately fell flat on its ass and couldn't be bothered putting any actual effort into anything else.

if they hadn't reused unova for b2w2, maybe it would have been good, but making me reexplore the shittiest region imaginable was a bad move.
>>
>>32207629
out of curiosity, what games would you say are best of the main series games?
>>
4>5>3>7>6>2>1
all other opinions are objectively wrong.
>>
>>32207951
Let me help you out kiddo

4>2>3>1>6>7>5

There ya go
>>
>>32207609
How are HGSS the best games? Nostalgia?
>One good boss battle
>two tiny regions with barely anything in them
>DP tier dex
>inherited DPPt's HM and speed problems
Sure, they look pretty and have the best menu setup of any Pokemon game, as well as a lot of gimmicks, but I can never bring myself to play through 16 gyms that are all weaker than random ace trainers in Platinum. They also have less content than Platinum and BW2, and a copy-pasted post game facility.
>>
>>32208055
>One good boss battle

Several actually
>>
>>32207977
>one being anything more than the worse gen
anyone who think r/b/g/y are good/aged well are deluded by nostalgia.
>>
>>32208069
>people who like gen 1 are deluded by nostalgia

Haha nice meme friend
>>
>>32208055
Honestly, the post game is mostly what does keep bringing me back to it even though many of my favorite pokemon where added gen 5 and onward. Silver is also, in my opinion, one of the better written rivals even leaving out the stuff about Giovanni that you only see with an event celebi. I admit, i don't usually play through kanot much because holy hell is it a barren mess but the main game is still fun and rewarding. And before you say i'm blinded by nostalgia, i was a teenager when gen 4 came out and didn't even play it until after wards. I dropped out of the fandom after gen three and didn't get really into it again until the 5th gen games where coming out. And i never played the original gen 2 games because i didn't have a game boy color.
Maybe a lot of the things i liked best where a bit gimicky, but if little things like minigames and following pokemon make the game more enjoyable and memorable how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>32207920
I don't know. I tend to enjoy most of them but after playing most of the games in the series several times over it's too hard for me to overlook their flaws and it ends up making it difficult to choose one that is the best overall. Gen 4 in general has a huge speed issue that brings down the games but conversely they have decent endgame content or random shit you can do like in HGSS.
>>
>>32208069
What if they like FrLg?
>>
The regional dex was literally the only problem with DP, other than that travesty it's easily the best start to a generation.
>>
>>32208161
those are part of gen 3 and i can at least understand that since not only at the vanilla versions of those games not plagued with as many glitches and frustrating mechanics but there are plenty of hacks for those games due to the large number of hacking tools for fire red that open up a lot of possibilities, like adding in the special physical split.
There's really no reason to choose gen 1 games over their remakes.
>>
>>32204415
those are some pretty significant problems anon
>>
>>32204415
Sinnohfoeti. They think HGSS is good too. Give it a few years and the Unovabortions will replace them and Gen 4 will take its rightful place as the worst of all time.
>>
>>32204415
>doesn't fix slowness
>fixing slow surfing speed is "insignificant"
????
>>
File: 1490918195434.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490918195434.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>32204415
>>
>>32204415

What was wrong with Sinnoh's plot? Gym Leaders started being actual people and not just boss fights.
>>
>>32207906
>Unova
>Worse than Sinnoh
Fucking awful taste, kill yourself my man
>>
>>32204415
DP had a good story and Plat improved it. DP's main problems that everyone bitches about are the slowness and variety of Pokemon. Pt wasn't much faster but it was still faster, and it fixed the dex.
>>
Platinum did fix the speed though.

That being said, Platinum isn't the best game in the series. It's tied with / below HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Diamond & Pearl weren't bad either. They were far better than Ruby & Sapphire, Black & White, and X & Y.
>>
>>32204415
I liked DP, though. I used to think Emerald was great until I played Diamond. I actually loved how long it took to get to the first gym, it made me feel like I was heading out into a big world filled with towns and routes to explore.

Platinum was just an improvement on an enjoyable experience.

I started with Gen 1.

I probably wouldn't say Platinum was the best in the series though. That would go to X&Y_.
>>
>>32204415
>and story
I really think it was completely on par with the games that had been released up until that point, and remains in the top half even today. The only reason to resent it is disliking the idea of introducing gods.
>>
>>32209094

>Unova better than Sinnoh

Wow Anon, you have such a shit-taste
>>
>>32209094
Unova is the most bland region aside from Kalos, and is also the second most linear after Alola, therefore making it the objectively worst region except for maybe Kanto. Unovabortions really need to take their rose-tinted glasses off once in a while.
>>
>>32207658
>Sinnohfags are this retarded
>>
>>32209515
>XY
>best game in the series
shit taste anon, best game in the series would have to go to BW but even that has its flaws.
>>
>>32208055
You forgot the shitty level curve, the most important thing there.
>>
>>32209526
What? The stories for every Pokemon game are the same garbage repeated with a few tweaks here and there. They're all mediocre as fuck, DPPt don't really offer anything new story-wise beyond the new abilities of the legends.
>>
>>32209136
DP had a weak story. What it lacked was a proper climax, and that is precisely why Platinum is far better. Being thrown into another nightmarish dimension where an otherworldly god lives in order to stop the man who is threatening reality itself is a far better climax than defeating a man who is threatening reality on a mountain. I mean, sure he's still dangerous but the climax in platinum is more impactful given the circumstances
>>
>>32210322
That's probably why he said 'completely on par'.
>>
II > IV > V > I > III >>> VII >>>>>>> VI
>>
>>32204598
>They are the first ones, they Can be bad
Nobody said this. His point was that first games of a generation are always gimped and should never be compared to second or third games of a gen
as long as goy freak has this mindset, it's a valid point
>>
>>32210519
I prefer the latter, it's less over the top. It's also more appropriate as the stage of your final fight with him is the same place as where you first met, and there is actually a strong sense that he could return someday with another plot since he isn't stuck in some nightmare reverse world.

The only things Platinum really added or changed storywise I liked was introducing Looker, bonus scenes with the Gym Leaders, and Barry got some extra lines that were nice though I felt he was fine already in DP.
>>
>>32210636
t. sinnohfetus
>>
>>32210798
t. autist
>>
>>32210848
We're on /vp/ boyo, we're all autists here.

But some of us aren't underage :)
>>
>>32210852
>But some of us aren't underage :)
Correct. I'm not, but apparently you are, as you've just outed yourself. Congrats.
>>
File: stop that modern family.gif (2MB, 275x244px) Image search: [Google]
stop that modern family.gif
2MB, 275x244px
>>32209147
>Diamond & Pearl weren't bad either. They were far better than Ruby & Sapphire, Black & White, and X & Y.
>>
>>32208212
the slowness in battles and menus was the biggest problem. the surf speed was annoying but wasn't a huge problem since you rarely do it
>>
>>32208316
the fact that it was just a repeat of gen 3's. galactic are terribly designed, terribly written, and their arc is really strange and badly done. yes, it took some steps to make gym leaders more than just boss battles, but they stoll didn't really have any personality (aside from a couple).
>>
>>32209136
>DP had a good story and Plat improved it
>>
File: 1474311537626.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474311537626.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>32209147
>Platinum did fix the speed though.
It fixed the surfing speed which was a problem but not nearly as much of a problem as the menu/battle slowness.

>Diamond & Pearl weren't bad either. They were far better than Ruby & Sapphire, Black & White, and X & Y.
pic related
>>
File: IMG_3054.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>32207658

We're not even trying to be subtle here.
>>
File: 25788999.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
25788999.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>>32209938
>I have no idea what I'm talking about: The Post
>Unovabortion
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.