[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Pheromosa were Bug/Ice instead of Bug/Fighting, where do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 795.png (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
795.png
47KB, 300x300px
If Pheromosa were Bug/Ice instead of Bug/Fighting, where do you think it would be instead? 4x weak to Stealth Rock instead of regular damage. Assume same movepool.
>>
Probably down in NU somewhere, quickbanned from PU.
>>
>>32203340
>assume same movepool
It'll probably have more Ice moves like Icicle Crash and Ice Shard.

It would still be OU good, and I think it would still be suspected despite weakness to le pebbles and common priority. Ice is just that good of an attacking type, and giving it to something with 137/137/151 offenses with a snowball effect ability is absurd (and what Ice SHOULD be given to instead of slow bulkmons anyway).
>>
>>32203356
Yeah feel free to consider more Ice options. I said that mainly with HJK and Focus Blast in mind since they still seemed fitting flavor-wise.
>>
>>32203340
I still think it would be OU. Yeah the SR weakness would hurt, but it would have the strongest Ice Beam in the tier and while Fighting moves would lose the stab, they would still be good as coverage
>>
As a rule of thumb, the more offense-oriented a mon is, the more a hypothetical ice typing turns from a liability to a boon (as long as it has the moves to make use of that STAB).
>>
>>32203356
>and I think it would still be suspected despite weakness to le pebbles and common priority.
I doubt it.
As a Pokemon that relies a lot on pivoting a x4 Stealth Rock weakness would be devastating and it would force her to pretty much become Volcarona 2.0 making the QD set the only viable one.
>>
>>32204880
This. She'd become a niche pick for hyper offense or M-Sableye offense teams rather than an OU staple.
>>
>>32204880
>>32204981
Not to mention it'd be weak to Bullet Punch.
>>
>MonoIce is now viable
OP what are you doing, you know we can't have that
;-;
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.