[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will GameFreak do when they reach 1000? . . .Lovingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

What will GameFreak do when they reach 1000? . . .Lovingly retire the franchise?
>>
>>32201915
>Pokemon
>ending
never ever

Pokemon is gonna stick around until the end of humanity and you know it
>>
>>32201915
begin making a shit ton of alternate forms, regional variants, megas, etc, so they can keep adding pokemon without technically making more than 1000.

If you counted those imagine we already reached 1000 a while ago.
>>
>>32201935
...are there really enough forms, regional variants, and megas to form at least 198?

I can't recall all of them, but I don't think it's that high. It's most likely very close, but I don't think it's gotten to 1000, has it?
>>
>>32201952
48 megas + 18 alola forms + Wishiwashi, Meowstic, Oricorio, and Lycanroc = 71
>>
>>32201952
Not counting Spinda, Unown has 28 forms alone. (Which would be +27, since one form is already currently represented in the national dex)

Might as well count.

>Mega Evolutions: 48
>Primal Reversions: 2
>Forms: (I'm literally just counting all of these, even Genesect's slight difference when it has a different Drive, since there is no TECHNICAL difference. And I'm counting by hand, but I believe I'm correct.) 178
If that sounds like a lot, it's because of forgetable shit like Cosplay Pikachu. Not to mention Vivillon forms, Silvally and Arceus....
>Regional Variants: 18

All together a total of 246 alternate forms that would be added to the Nationadex's numbers, if we counted them. Which wold then mean there are 1048 pokémon, if we count alternate forms, variants and megas.

(Not counting shadow pokémon, shinies, gender differences, or any of the various weird things you've seen in the franchise from time to time, like crystal Onix or Primal Dialga.)
>>
>>32202102
so we reached 1000 unique pokemon designs this gen? shit we didn't even celebrate or anything
>>
>>32201915
>Gen 6 - 72 new pokémon and 28 Megas (in XY)
>Gen 7 - 81 new pokémon, 18 Alola Forms and Ash-Greninja
>Gen 8 - 60~ new pokémon, 20 Regional Forms and 20 Megas
>Gen 9 - 70~ new pokémon, 30 Ultimate Bond Evolutions™
>Gen 10+ - 50~ new pokémon and everything else is a random assortment of mega-like forms and regional variations

This is the future you chose
>>
>>32202012
+ lots of unown and vivillon
>>
>>32202158
More like:
>Gen 6 - 72 new pokémon and 28 Megas (in XY) [2013]
>Gen 7 - 81 new pokémon, 18 Alola Forms and Ash-Greninja [2016]
>Gen 8 - 60~ new Pokemon, 30 Ultimate Bond Evolutions™ [2018]
>Gen 9 - 70~ new Pokemon, 25 Primal Form Devolutions™ [2020]
>Gen 10 - 50~ new Pokemon, 22 Fused Genes Form [2023]
>Gen 11 - 60~ new Pokemon, 30 Ultra-Intelligence Forms (super charged brains which allows them to talk to humans) [2026]
>Gen 12 - 80~ new Pokemon, 15 Cyber Pokemon (Can come out of your game into the real world) [2029]
>Gen 13 - 30~ new Pokemon, 151 Ultra-Cyber Pokemon (The original 151, can now come out of your game permanently for real Pokemon fights) [2034]
>>
>>32201915
Why would they suddenly stop at 1000? Why does everyone act like reaching 1000 Pokémon is a death sentence?
>>
They really don't want to cross that threshold that's why mega and island variations exist now
>>
>>32201915
Better question is what will Pokemon No. 1000 be?
>>
>>32202310
Probably something inconsequential. I mean the 666th Pokémon was a regional shitbug.
>>
Pokémon will end at 1151.
>>
>>32202313
The two numbers aren't really comparable. 666 is just a meme number associated with a religion that's even that common in Japan, while reaching 1000 would mean going from three-digit numbers in the pokédex to four. Not to mention 1000 looks way cooler.

The Pokémon number 1000 it's going to be either a mythical or a starter. Or maybe something even more special.
>>
>>32202329
At this rate it will be a Charizard evolution and we'll go from three digit dex numbers to four digit dex numbers and from three stage lines to four stage lines.

It all comes together in Generation 10.
>>
>>32202319
That was almost 1000 years ago, homie!
>>
>>32202310
>>32202329
My bets is on a mythical, similar deal as Victini.

Either that, or it's a "Omega Pokemon" as a counterpart to Arceus.
>>
>>32201920
>No immortality serum
>Satan isn't returning my calls

Why even live?
>>
>after reaching 1000, Gamefreak attempts a fresh beginning by renaming Pokémon to Pokémon 2 when they start working on the next generation
Would /vp/ be okay with this?
>>
>>32201915
no
in 2030 there will 1651 pokemon on pokemon titanium for the nintendo 5ds. (3d + vr + ar)
>>
>>32201935
>not counting spindas 4,294,967,295 unique possible combonations
>>
>>32203236
>Over 4,294,967,295 unique Pokémon
The future is now
>>
>>32203227
Gold and Silver are Pokémon 2 though.
>>
>>32203406
More like Pokémon GSC is Pokémon RGB2, not just Pokémon 2
>>
>>32202158
>gen 8
>Only 60
Are you crazy?!?! Delelelete this NOW!! Hurry, before GF sees it and gets an idea!! Gen 6 MUST have AT LEAST 120+ new mons, or we WILL drop the series.
>>
>>32202308
Wrong, those are just mechanics. They can't wait to cross it, it's just no easy, cheap, or fast to make new models right now.
>>
>>32204128
I wish Game Freak would completely abandon any concern for budget. Their games are guaranteed to sell 10m+ units anyway, why should they worry about it?
>>
>>32203234
This. I need this.
>>
>>32203236
Uh, no. Those aren't designs, the spots are just separate images that are overlayed in various positions decided by an algorithm using the PID. Doesn't count.
>>
>>32204135
Right? If S &M sold like it did, being complete trash like it was, imagine how an actually good Pokemon game would sell. It's well worth the effort, they should just do it.
>>
>>32204135
Their actual problem is with cleaning up useless item lists in the internal code. Transferring Pokémon doesn't even carry over items, but they still keep elevator keys and silph scopes in every game's code for no decent reason. As a result, there's easily several MB piled up with pointless garbage in Sun/Moon and the pile will keep growing with every mainline game.
>>
>>32202301
Anyone who thinks the Pokemon franchise is just going to end abruptly is absolutely retarded. It consistenly generates a fortune.
>>
>>32204197
That's not really a concern regarding space though, as each item doesnt take too much space, and they're only a problem en masse which isnt the case. Specially since the functionality about those items is all null. I do agree they shouldn't be there mostly from a proffesional standpoint. I dont know bank's code but even if for some retarded reason it allowed items, they can just take all unknown item ids and make them a default item. Just like they turn a cosplay pikachu into hoenn cap pikachu if you hack it in. Those items arent a problem from the technical side though.

That said, they should revamp evolution methods, remove incenses and stop with the random move tutors. Either make them all one guy or add the signature legend moves as level up moves. There are too many artifacts already.
>>
>>32204197
This is why I think they should do a soft reboot. Not to reset the story or to remove any Pokemon, but so that they can remove useless data in the internal code like the aforementioned item lists, and also have an excuse to get rid of pointless/redundant moves and items.
>>
>>32202971
*sitcom laugh track*
>>
>>32202012
neck yourself
>>
>>32204404
Its strange how Masuda (I think?) said prior to Gen 7, they wanted to reduce the amount of items players would need to collect. And yet we've got Silvally's memory discs added into the mix.

Unless they meant that they were trying to reduce the tedium of having to collect so many items, since you receive all the memory discs at once. And the plates were only kept to Mele Mele.
>>
>literally one of nintendo's and gamefreak's biggest moneymakers
>still going strong
>ending
kek
>>
>>32201915
>1000
>implying they won't stop at 999
The dex is entirely in 3 digit numbers. If they're ever going to stop it'll be at 999.
>>
I'm curious about the number of Pokémon per generation once we get to 1000. Back to 100+ every gen? Or will it be smaller sizes from here on out?
>>
You know at some point there just going to stop making new Pokemon.

Once the numbers get high enough, they'll be able to endlessly recycle what they've already got. No kid will be able to tell the difference.
>>
File: IMG_2910.jpg (179KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2910.jpg
179KB, 780x770px
>>32202313
>I believe 666 is a special number
>>
>>32202313
>regional shitbug
>pokemon of which collecting each form is literally hell
It's suitable, imo.
>>
>>32202313
>regional shitbug
>actually the most viable shitbug that saw use in early XY because of compound eyes boosted sleep powder, quiver dance, and stab hurricane
smqh
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.