[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that this would absolutely be the best game in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: xivkl21i4pny~01.png (876KB, 1000x1649px) Image search: [Google]
xivkl21i4pny~01.png
876KB, 1000x1649px
Daily reminder that this would absolutely be the best game in the series.
>But it wouldn't be Pokemon! Not even a little!
You are autistic if you think less handholding and overworld Pokemon makes a game "not Pokemon."
>>
>>32195801
I would buy the switch just to play that game.
>>
File: xivkl21i4pny.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
xivkl21i4pny.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
>Using the autistic crop of IanMazgelis' post
Pokemon combat is fucking boring.
>>
>>32195832
>Changing the battle format
No thank u desu.
>>
>>32195801
>Using a prerendered scene for comparison of what the game should look like
>>
>>32195801
Seems pretty shit.
Also those features wouldn't necessarily mean less handholding. He'll overworld pokemon already makes it significantly easier than before because you'll never be placed in a dangerous situation on long routes or caves.
Such a game would probably have more cinematics involved too.
>>
>>32195845
It's not pre rendered
>>
>>32195847
>OP image explicitly says less handholding and cutscenes
>"Yeah but the problem is there'd be more handholding and cutscenes"
>>
No here is what a pokemon game needs

1. Plenty of new pokemon (assuming it is not a remake or third version)
2. The new region pokemon take precedence over the old pokemon.
3. Large world with memorable locations.
4. The world feels alive and doesn't "die" when you finish the game. Characters in the game have set schedules and important characters such as your Mother or the Professor have a wide array of different dialog.
5. Ability to actually jump into the game instead of clicking through an hour of cutscenes.
5b. Reliance on less cutscenes to tell the story. Focuses more on your and your pokemon team.
6. Good supporting cast.

Battling the gyms out of order would be cool, but it's not necessary. As long as there are plenty of different options in the game to spice up each playthrough then the game can use linear scaling.
>>
>>32195872
I think the overworld Pokemon thing would be helpful, the most annoying thing in Sun and Moon was the RIDICULOUS amount of time between the start of a wild encounter, when the battle starts, and how long running away takes.
>>
>>32195801
>>32195832
if they just removed cutscenes and made the trainers more difficult i wouldn't complain
>>
>>32195952
Including the little cutscenes like before a battle
>>
>>32195801
>le scaling meme
enjoy movesets with nothing but moves that are learned by leveling up
>>
>>32195849
He's taking about the frieza scene.
>>
>>32195855
Just so you know the overworld monster appearances was literally designed to be easier than random encounters.
You're also never going to get an open world game without a disgusting amount of cutscenes.
>>
>>32195832
Given the size of certain Pokemon it'd be weird having them on the overworld.
>>
>>32195881
like other anons mentioned that would be too hard to implement without fucking up everything else, random encounters just need to be decreased with the animation being decreased, i was playing one of the gen 2 remakes right after finishing White and i noticed how much quicker battles were there

If i could add my own idea for a feature i would make it so the player can choose which pokemon he will send to battle, this way you don't need to wait until after your pokémon is sent to battle to run away
>running through grass
>encounter happens
>wild shows up
>vision of the player's back with pokeballs on his/her belt
>BATTLE / RUN
>choosing battle makes you choose between one of your pokeballs and them send that pokémon
It also unfucks party management and rewards balltism
>>
>>32195832
>Stall-fests become dodge-fests
what really changes famallama
>>
battles are 'set' style by default
the option for battle style is now classic (regular pokemon battle)
'enhanced' or something (for you shitters that want timed hits)
dodging would be dumb if you could dodge everything, slightly reduce damage would be better. unless you're using a move like double team, then sure press buttons better for higher chance of dodging
>>
>>32195840
>wants gym to be challenged at any time
>doesn't want to change the battle format

And this is why open world will never work
>>
>>32196150
Playing though BotW right now and I barely notice cutscenes.
SM did a shit job with cutscenes because they stopped the flow of play constantly not because there are a lot
>>
>>32195801
Yeah! Let's add all regions too for a much more EPIC game! XD
>>
>>32196596
>using XD ironically
Fuck off
>>
>>32195801
>Art style i can't really agree with because they have to market it towards children
>pokemon being visible in the overworld will affect things like shinies but if certain pokemon are elusive aswell as others being more prone to attacking you would be great
>more customisation is fine if it's postgame and not during the maingame it would look stupid walking around dressed up as courtney/cynthia but specific trainer type clothing is fine
>Badges and trials can be done in any order sure but they shouldn't be scaled in anyway that's stupid
>Make scripted parts be able to be skipped as to retain a story
>>32195832
that fighting style would ruin pro play
>>
>>32195801
Reminder that some gyms being stronger than others is canon and scaling them to your pleasure is a shit idea.
>>
>>32195801
Changing the combat style in a mainline game is unnecessary and will never happen.
A less obtrusive story and less linear progression would be nice but they shouldn't go overboard. Ideally progression would be something like Gym 1 -> Gyms 2, 3, and 4 in any order -> Gyms 5, 6, and 7 in any order -> Gym 8 -> Elite Four.
That way they can still keep fixed level scaling but you can choose which areas you tackle when depending on where you want to explore or what your team is best equipped to handle.
>>
>>32195801
I'd love for some fan to make an open world pokemon game and then everyone realize that it would be shit.

Not that it would make much of a difference anyway to most of the people on this site, people here hate new things.
>>
>>32195801

>any order

No that destroys pacing

Kanto was releatively short which is why they gave you free reign in gen 2
>>
>>32195801
>Changing the combat system
lolno

Pokémon Switch will only be as good as the effort Game Freak puts into it, or else we could end up with another XY.
>>
I'll never understand why the fuck people care so damn much about the gym order. They've always served as checkpoints and little else. Even in gen 1, Saffron was the only area that could really be done in any order. You COULD skip Vermillion and Celedon's gyms, but you had to clear every other event in the town to progress so it's not like you had any real freedom in where to go.
>>
>>32195801
>fucking repel of all things is what makes the player almost invisible to mons
>shitty meme customization for players and not pokemon
>overworld pokemon
it would only work on a gigantic map of the likes we haven't even seen in any generation yet
>thinks scaled levels is a good idea

i only agree with you on less handholding and skippable cutscenes but holy fuck it hurts to say i even slightly agree with someone as fucking retarded as you
>Daily reminder that this would absolutely be the best game in the series
>You are autistic if you believe otherwise

go off yourself you self-entitled parasite
>>
>>32196730
This is probably the best post I've seen on this site
>>
>>32196775
>>32196886
These
Open world Pokemon is a terrible idea and generic RPG at best.
>>
so much close mindedness in a single thread...
it really makes you wonder about the intellect level of the board
>>
>>32198183
it's a child's rpg
coming up with shitty ideas for it and calling everyone else autistic for not agreeing with you doesn't rexactly put you higher than the other fags here
>>
>>32196578
I've always wanted them to just do away with levels. Make harder trainers be harder because they
a) Have better Pokémon
b) Have a better team design, synergy etc.
c) Have better AI

It would probably be really difficult, but it would be cool.
If you compare somebody with six random PU Pokémon and a 30-loss-streak in PU to a top-of-the-ladder Ubers player, there's a huge difference there, so it should be possible.
>>
So what you want is Pokemon: Breath of the Wild
>>
Weird idea that might make facing the gyms at any order work. Why not just turn it into post game stuff? The story doesn't need to be daisy chained with the gyms and elite 4. I'd much rather see a story that feels more inspired and tries to break out of the "be the champ" schtik.

If you finish the main game, then you could challenge the gyms (with their teams being relatively the same level) and then Elite 4.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.