[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually worth it now to go back and play gen IV if I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Is it actually worth it now to go back and play gen IV if I haven't already? I played every other generation but managed to miss this one. Opinions seem to vary from it being the best thing ever to it being a slow piece of shit. What say you /vp/?
>>
>>32193897
it is slow but its fucking great, play it already and make your opinion
>>
Dear god do not play diamond and pearl. Ridiculously slow and far too few pokemon. Platinum is so much better
>>
Platinum is definitely worth a play, if only to experience the last time GF put effort into making challenging Gym Leaders
>>
Nobody gives a fuck. If you want to play then go and play the games period.
>>
>>32193922
you gave enough of a fuck to respond
>>
File: 1460349779875.jpg (102KB, 570x453px) Image search: [Google]
1460349779875.jpg
102KB, 570x453px
>>32193922
I mean I'll probably do it anyway, I was just interested to know what the general opinion of it was here
>>
>>32193937
Just telling op that if he wants to play then play. Listening to others really does you no good, you have to decide that for yourself.
>>
>>32193897
Play Platinum
>>
>>32193897
I felt they were terrible. They have a similar feel to gen 3, with more neat gimmicks, worse new Pokémon, fewer new Pokémon, a rehashed plot, and edgy and excessive legendaries. Not to mention the extreme amount of HM's and the shrill music (which some people are fond of, but I felt that it didn't turn out well.)

The dex is also garbage in Diamond and Pearl, and only slightly less garbage in Platinum. Expect half of the mons available to be Kantomons. Again. Geodude and Zubat and Magikarp. Again. And again.

Also Poképhilia, implied in US release, explicitly states in Japanese release.

I mean, apart from all that, it: 1.) has a good amount of challenge depending on how you play it and what mons you choose and 2.) it's got some charm with the locale. You might like it. If so, cool. But I hate them, personally, and so I wanted to voice my opinion itt.

This is only for Sinnoh, though. HGSS were really quite good.
>>
>>32194007
egads, a moderate opinion.
>>
diamond/pearl are ruby/sapphire tier, but i think platinum is the greatest game in the series. sinnoh has so many cool new pokemon, and the cross-gen evos are actually fantastic barring one or two. if youre more a fan of nostalgia, like johto, have a short attention span, or like generally cozy places, hgss is better.
all in all, gen 4 is one of the best gens. gen 4 is THE best imo
>>
Gen 4 is okay. Diamond and Pearl are arguably the weakest of all the main series games thanks to being ungodly slow, unpolished, and not actually having half of the new Pokemon available during the main game. Two Fire type lines (Chimchar and Ponyta) is a meme, but there's only two Ice type lines as well as barely any Dark types, an Garchomp's your only Dragon besides the cover legend until postgame. Sinnoh is also pretty bland, a huge amount of caves with Zubat and Geodude everywhere (especially early on, my god), and some areas are too big for their own good.

Platinum fixes this all up a bit. It still runs slow and is tedious in places, but it's not as bad as Diamond and Pearl, and having the actual full Sinnoh Dex and fleshing out the story somewhat makes it a lot better. It's what Diamond and Pearl SHOULD have been initially, and that's sad. Still has Sinnoh's main flaws regionwise, but there's not a lot you can do about that in a third version.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.