[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>High damage output >Incredible offensive typing, hit most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: alolamarowak.png (157KB, 548x545px) Image search: [Google]
alolamarowak.png
157KB, 548x545px
>High damage output
>Incredible offensive typing, hit most targets either neutrally or super-effectively
>3 immunities, key resistances such as Poison, Steel, and Fairy
>Can set up Stealth Rock
>Has reliable Ground coverage even under grass terrain
>Viable in OU and popular as well
>Edgy design that makes sense because Marowak is edgy to begin with
>Shits on Ultra Beasts, especially Pheromosa and Celesteela
>Does it all while the having the exact same stats as his relatively underwhelming earthly counterpart

Name a more based Pokemon than this. Protip: you can't
>>
File: 250px-493Arceus.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-493Arceus.png
47KB, 250x250px
>>32191246
literally 720 based
>>
If nothing else I have a hard time imagining a bigger comeback for a pokemon
>>
>>32191246
why did they bother making silvally when alola wak exists?
>>
>>32191271
the weirdest thing is how alolawak evolved naturally. there was no need for interference because nature already had planned defenses against the attacks of the almighty ultra beasts
>>
>>32191271
>>32191289
sounds like they're making a statement

really makes me think
>>
>>32191261
As a gen2 JoltWak player I never dreamed Wak would ever be viable again.
>>
>>32191246
>>>Viable in OU and popular as well
Solely because it's the only Pokemon capable of checking Magnezone+Pheromosa+Tapu Koko at the same time.
One Pheromosa is banned, this thing will drop like a fucking rock to mid-RU at best.
>>
>>32191419
it still checks half of the fighting types available
>>
>>32191246
>GF is too lazy to change Marowak stats and movepool to suit the new typing or modify Thick Club effect
>A-Marowak is amazing
>GF carefully plan Silvally stats and movepool
>Silvally is garbage
Really makes you think
>>
>>32191443
I didn't really see a reason why silvally couldn't have just had 100 in every stat instead of 95
>>
>>32191443
>carefully plan
>literally the same BST as the UBs but deliberately as un-minmaxed as possible
they made it shit on purpose or else just didn't care, but they certainly didn't try to make it good and fuck up.
>>
>>32191419
Still checks Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Kartana, Magearna, Magnezone, Scizor, Skarmory, Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Koko, and Xurkitree. Any team that has any of these Pokemon will have to switch in to a meaty Shadow Bone and take immense damage. Mega-Mawile is also checked under Psychic Terrain, Mega-Metagross under Grass Terrain.
>>
>>32191246
he is only OU viable because its the UB counter,and he has to lose is great abilitie rock head that gives him a STAB no recoil flare blitz just so xurk cant kill him
>>
>>32191246
Marowak was my bro because I loved ground types, I've always wanted him to be viable
I'm okay that his type changed, he's still a cool guy
>>
>>32191473
that would've just made silvally a mew/celebi tier pokemon, which would've hardly made it a good check to the ub's
>>
>>32191246
>Frail
>Slow af
>Damage output is okay at best

It's cool and I wish it was better, but it's not. Decent typing and access to Lightning Rod are the only things that make it viable in VGC (the only format that really matters), and usually only under TR at that
>>
>>32191492
>Celesteela
On its Defensive set, it can, but offensive Celesteela prevents it from doing anything if Stealth Rocks are up. Z-Air Slash does at least 80% to standard Matowak set.
>Ferrothorn
Something a lot of other fire types and the 2 grass types do anyways.
>Jirachi
Like Celesteela, it depends, but it checks more of Jirachi the Celesteela. Jirachi also sets up rocks, which screws it over.
>Kartana
Only if you bait it into using Secret Sword, get a free switch from revenge killing, or stealth rocks are not up.
>Magearna
Like Jirachi and Celesteela, also depends on the set. And like with Kartana, it must not take stealth rock damage.
>Magnezone
Already said that
>Scizor
Pursuit and Knock Off say hi. Marowak becomes so low on health it has no way to switch into anything else if Scizor has these 2 moves
>Skarmory
It doesn't. It gives Skarmory enough room to roost off Fire Punch and have Marowak take damage from the Rocky Helmet. After recoil, Skarmory just BBs it. Also literally just use any electic type and it'll check it better.
>Tangrowth
Earthquake, Knock Off, and Sleep Power say hi. Nigga can't even 2HKO a grass type after a knock off
>Tapu Bulu
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola in Grassy Terrain: 223-263 (85.4 - 100.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola in Grassy Terrain: 140-165 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
>Tapu Koko
Already said that too
>Xurkitree
Sure with its Tail Glow set, but with Z-Hypnosis, Marowak can only sponge so many hits, especially if it's late game and Xurkitree is sweeping your team.

And as an added note for everything here, there are tons of other checks better than Marowak-A. It would be so much better if Stealth Rocks or if it could heal itself so that it can last for more than 5 turns before dying.
>>
>>32191790

>the only format that really matters

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32191885

is this the face of autism
>>
File: 1480554502873.jpg (22KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1480554502873.jpg
22KB, 620x620px
>>32191246
>key resistances such as Poison, Steel, and Fairy
>key resistances such as Poison, Steel
>Poison, Steel
>Poison
>Steel
>>
>>32191419

Is this another cap of "4chan Guessing Tiers of Pokemon"

Remember what happened with Fini?
>>
>>32192251
Poison and Steel are coverage types now because >Fairy

Do try to keep up
>>
>>32192287
>coverage
You forget the types that carry that coverage are often Fighting or Dragon-types. Fighting-types also carry EdgeQuake or a Dark-type move and sending Wak against a dragon is perhaps the stupidest thing you could do, plus they also carry EdgeQuake unless they're special attackers in which case they can just Draco Meteor Wak out of the face of the earth.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.