[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if a trainer drops their pokeball? Say they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: d75jL9F.png (421KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
d75jL9F.png
421KB, 1280x720px
What happens if a trainer drops their pokeball? Say they're walking along a route and a pokeball falls out of their bag or whatever and they don't notice. Does the Pokemon try to make its way back? Is it essentially free, and able to be recaptured by another trainer? In the games when you throw a pokeball it says the trainer blocked the ball, so what if the trainer isn't around?
>>
>>32189005
anon please do not make me feel sad for imaginary creatures
>>
>>32189005
Don't lose yor pokeballs. You should be doing a quick count of your pokeballs every few minites. If your not autistic enough to do that, your not autistic enough to be in the pokemon world.
>>
>>32189005
Most of the mechanics behind Poke Balls are still a mystery and are never clearly defined in the source material that the video games are. I've spent many hours full of autism over the years thinking and theorycrafting about how the damn things work but in the end that's just headcanon. We can assume that there isn't anything preventing an already caught Pokemon from being recaught by someone else just from what you already said (it's the trainer who blocks your thrown balls in a trainer battle). But would a Pokemon that's already been caught and is accompanying a trainer of its own volition, rather than struggling against capture, be able to open a ball from the inside in the scenario you suggested? The anime has various Pokemon that pop up out of their balls of their own will, and on other occasions Pokemon have even refused to come out when called upon. But then again using the anime as a source is questionable, since other derivative media portray Poke Balls in different ways, and even the anime has stuff never shown in the games, like the shrinking/expanding function.
>>
File: 1479174869884.png (148KB, 780x675px) Image search: [Google]
1479174869884.png
148KB, 780x675px
>>32189005
>putting your friends in pokeballs
>>
You can catch N's Pokemon after he releases them, so there's no reason that mons can't be recaught in the wild.

And it's been shown that Pokemon can get out of the balls if they need to, and hunger is a pretty damn motivating force.

So I'd assume it would go:
>drop ball
>pokemon gets hungry and exits
>probably hunts a bit before coming back to hang around the ball, hoping their trainer returns
>eventually they stop going back
>either live in the wild or are recaught later

But, you know. It's all headcanon.
>>
>>32189050
>yor
>minites
>your
>your
Nice try, but under-eighteens aren't allowed on this board
>>
Drayden explicitely said Pokeballs don't trap pokemon. They can get out anytime they want. If a trainer drops his ball without noticing, the pokemon can just pop out to call him.
>>
>>32189153
Anon my two favourite pokemon are dragonite and ampharos, as much as I'd love to have them out as much as possible their fucking huge I would need a whole nother bedroom for them and that's not even a full team
>>
I'm going to have to schedule a meeting with Mr. Gamefreak, and demand these issues are addressed in the next game. I can't sleep at night knowing that I don't know.
>>
Is it wrong if the pokeballs touch?
>>
>>32189193
/thread

>>32189120
You can sleep easy now, boyo
>>
>>32189120
If you consider it canon, it is said in Colosseum that pokeballs protect the pokemon from being re-captured by another trainer. Snag balls, however, can neglect this protection and re-claim the mon.
>>
>>32189212
>Ampharos
>4'07" 1.4 m
>Dragonite
>7'03" 2.2 m
>huge
>>
>>32189160
N never used pokeballs though, that was just the limits of game mechanics.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.