[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the first legendary confirmed to have a male and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: 124698520128230.png (142KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
124698520128230.png
142KB, 1024x1024px
Is this the first legendary confirmed to have a male and a female exist?
>>
>>32183611
I think so.
Maybe mew since it gave live birth to mewtwo.
>>
>>32183611
Most Pokémon breed, legendaries too. "Genderless" only means "Gender Unknown". It's not widespread information how do these Pokémon breed in game/anime/whatever canon, but they do.
>>
>>32183611
No.

>>32183631
Possibly, it could be a true hermaphrodite.
>>
>>32183644
>It's not widespread information how do these Pokémon breed in game/anime/whatever canon, but they do.
They breed with humans.
>>
>>32183644
I never understood how many legendary pokemon there actually are.

Are there multiple Arceus? Or is Arceus an exception and only one exists?
What about Giratina and Palkia/Dialga?

Are there multiple Reshirams, Kyurems and Zekroms? Their lore is that they're the fragments of the original Kyurem that split itself into 3 parts, so it'd make sense of those are unique, right?
>>
>>32183840
In-game, there tends to be one of each box legend + trio master + mythicals, with some exceptions like Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala, Heatran, Phione, UBs and Silvally.

Anime sometimes makes mutiples, such as with the Lugia in the OP, where the anime featured a parent and child.

It really boils down to which version you personally like more.
>>
>>32183611

Latias and Latios are the male and female of the same species.

Solgaleo and Lunala are also implied to be the same case seeing as how it takes a Solgaleo and a Lunala to produce a Cosmog.
>>
S i l v a l l y i s n o t l e g e n d a r y .
>>
>>32184099

It is though. It was based on Arceus, was created to kill Ultra Beasts, has the same BST as the aforementioned Ultra Beasts and the Tapus (570), and is officially classified as a sublegendary, like them.
>>
>>32184129
Metagross is artificial and has a 600 BST, just like other legendaries. But it's just a pseudo.

Meanwhile, Silvally is about as equivalent to Arceus as Phione is equivalent to Manaphy. Weak, shitty, and readily capable of being mass-produced if anyone cared to bother.

Also, "official" according to what?
>>
>>32183611
The anime canon and the game canon are separate. Multiples in the anime, unique in the games. I used to get the two confused.
>>
>>32184484
>unique in the games
There is literally no proof for or against this. It's headcanon.
>>
>>32184498
Box legendaries with the exception of the S/M legendaries are unique. There is no evidence in game that points otherwise. Actually, most box legendaries' lores make them out to be unique. Lugia and Ho-Oh don't have too much, but seeing as how all the other box legendaries (from Gen 3 to 6) are unique, it's safe to say they are too. Gen 7 is the exception.
>>
>>32183840
Some of them are just powerful pokémon that people thought they were gods or something, like Heatran. Legendary Birds are like this, but I think they're closer to real legendaries than some shit like Heatran is.

Now, the Weather Trio, Regigigas, Creation trio and some stuff like that, I think they're closer to actual legends or gods. I only think it's pretty strange an all-powerful Pokémon like Arceus being able to be caught by a kid in a technological gadget. The same goes to Primal Versions of Weather Trio.

If they make something like a Primal Arceus or Origin Form Arceus, they should make it totally uncatchable and maybe don't even appear in the game, like Mew was supposed to be in Gen I and the original Dragon in Gen V.
>>
>>32184179
>Metagross is artificial
It makes me think, how many artificial 100% created by humans Pokémon do we have?

>Porygon line
>Mewtwo
>Genesect
>Castform
>Genesect
>Type: Null

Partially Artificial:
>Baltoy/Claydol, since they became alive after mystic stuff
>Voltorb/Magnemite lines, since they became alive after mystic stuff, like Baltoy and Claydol
>Banette and Shuppet are literally Ghosts possessing objects
>The same happeongs to Golett line, since it's half ghost. Its body is planned by humans, though.
>Magearna, since it was energized by the ancient machine that used the power of Xerneas
>>
>>32184596
In the game canon...
Multiple Porygon/Castform, Mewtwo (found in multiple regions, and in X/Y Trevor says he has one), and Type: Null (confirmed by Gladion and the Aether Lab documents), one Genesect.

In the anime canon they are all multiples, including Genesect.
>>
>>32183840
Lorewise there's one arceus and one from the dialga, palkia, giratina set with possibly another one made in the hgss event.

The unova trio so far is also unique.

Lore isnt always accurately reflected in the gameplay which happens in most games with a semi elaborated lore but the pokemon fanbase makes a big deal out of it not happening in pokemon.
>>
>>32184484
Most people here, like op, still do. The rule to differentiate them is easy, what happens in the anime is anime canon and what happens in the games is game canon.
>>
>>32184664
It's really that simple. Although Bulbapedia isn't an official source, it is very reliable.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Canon
>>
>>32184632
Mewtwo being found in multiple regions means nothing though.
>>
>>32184682
Yeah, it kinda does. Just like the Legendary Birds being found in both Kanto and Kalos. They can't be the same ones, because Hoopa didn't teleport them there. And even if that wasn't enough to convince you, Trevor still has one.
>>
>>32184596
Genesect shouldn't be on that list, since it's an enhanced version of an extinct pokemon.
>>
>>32184731
It's still classified as a mythical. And it's pretty much a cyborg (non-natural). It's original extinct species was just a regular pokemon, but in the anime only a few were recreated and in the games it seems as if only one exists.
>>
>>32184701
>Yeah, it kinda does.
No, because its a gameplay thing and there's no canon mewtwo catch before it its the same as groudon and kyogre being in jhoto.

>Just like the Legendary Birds being found in both Kanto and Kalos.
Same

>They can't be the same ones, because Hoopa didn't teleport them there.
There's more than one way to travel between regions. Lillie and lusamine arent teleported to kanto at the end of sm.

>And even if that wasn't enough to convince you, Trevor still has one.
I checked and that's generated dialogue, so neither.
>>
>>32184750
>No, because its a gameplay thing and there's no canon mewtwo catch before it its the same as groudon and kyogre being in jhoto.

Well the Groudon and Kyogre in Johto were in a special area used to summon them. It had direct Hoenn ties (it was even built by people from the Hoenn region). Mewtwo is found in random caves with no connection to each other.

>Same
Same indeed.

>There's more than one way to travel between regions. Lillie and lusamine arent teleported to kanto at the end of sm.
True, but there's no reason to assume that these are the same ones.

>I checked and that's generated dialogue, so neither.
It would've been removed if it wasn't true. You can't just say "oh, must've been a mistake" to help your argument. You don't know that.
>>
>>32184746
Well if you're going to take Voltorb and Baltoy off for "coming alive after mystic stuff" I don't see how you fit Gensect in there.
>>
>>32184781
Also, to add to my third point, you're talking about specific people. Pokemon are animals. There are many many humans, and there could be a few of certain legendaries. There is no reason to assume that Mewtwo or the birds are one of a kind.
>>
>>32184792
Because you can find many Voltorb and Baltoy. Genesect was created in a scientific experiment in a seemingly unique event (as far as the games are concerned).
>>
>>32184731
You're actually right. My mistake.
>>
>>32184813
You never mentioned how common or unique they are. All you said was that they were 100% created by humans.
>>
>>32184840
Well, considering how can encounter Voltorb/Baltoy indefinitely, and Genesect's backstory implies uniqueness...
>>
>>32184781
>Well the Groudon and Kyogre in Johto were in a special area used to summon them. It had direct Hoenn ties (it was even built by people from the Hoenn region). Mewtwo is found in random caves with no connection to each other.
Its an optional are introduced so you could get those mons. It having more lore than mewtwo's doesnt help your point btw.

>True, but there's no reason to assume that these are the same ones.
And no reason to assume they dont work the same way as other legendaries up to that point either. Them being in a different region means shit is there's no canon catch.

>It would've been removed if it wasn't true. You can't just say "oh, must've been a mistake" to help your argument. You don't know that.
Except it IS generated dialogue so any lack of match with the lore is an oversight as it depends on your choices. What you're saying equates to saying its canon red has a nidoking because you used it to win a kanto game. Or that leaf is canon.
>>
>>32184801
We assume one of a kind till we see otherwise. It happened with the birds though. But not because they showed up in a different region but because the frontier brains have them.
>>
>>32184179
>Metagross is artificial

This has never been stated anywhere.

We're led to believe that the Beldum line are just natural organic creatures.
>>
boo
>>
>>32184915
That guy is not Trevor and refers to a gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>32184880
>Its an optional are introduced so you could get those mons. It having more lore than mewtwo's doesnt help your point btw.
But it has an explantation. There's no explanation for Mewtwo, so it's likely that it's not one of a kind. It most certainly helps my point.

>Them being in a different region means shit is there's no canon catch.
All the events (minus distributions and online shit) is canon. Where did this meme start?

>What you're saying equates to saying its canon red has a nidoking because you used it to win a kanto game.
One is a player choice, another is an actual implemented feature. Generated dialogue or not, it doesn't matter. If you have a Mewtwo he says he has a Mewtwo as well. There's no proof that this was an oversight, and it's not the same as happening to use the same Pokemon Red has in another game.
>>
>>32183840
1; mewtwo, arceus, kyruem, reshiram, zekrom, lake guardians, tapus, beasts, regigigas, regis, genies, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, jirachi, deoxys, darkrai

5: genesect (4 normal 1 shiny)

very few: lugia, manaphy/phione, mew

Exceptionally rare: kanto birds, latias/latios

This is what i got at least.
>>
>>32184924
>>32184915
Yeah that's not Trevor. It's just a kid playing Pokemon...in Pokemon.
>>
>>32184880
>>32184880
you're so fucking dense
>>
>>32184933

>But it has an explantation. There's no explanation for Mewtwo, so it's likely that it's not one of a kind.
Mewtwo's lore implies that, so we assume the lore until gameplay and lore prove otherwise. This didnt happen.
> It most certainly helps my point.
You're making lore assertions based on gameplay. By your own logic you might say there's multiple of every pokemon due multiple games.

>All the events (minus distributions and online shit) is canon. Where did this meme start?
And what's this event?

>One is a player choice, another is an actual implemented feature.
Trevir having dialogue is a feature? With that logic I can say having a team is a feature.

>Generated dialogue or not, it doesn't matter.
It does. Im explaining why.

>If you have a Mewtwo he says he has a Mewtwo as well.
On your version of the game where calem and serena have the name/team/looks you gave them. Why arent you arguing those are canon too?

>There's no proof that this was an oversight,
There's no reason to think its a canon statement. It varies depending on your choices, by that logic you could just say there's more than one mewtwo because you have a gen 3, gen 4 and gen 6 one, it holds the same weight.

>and it's not the same as happening to use the same Pokemon Red has in another game.
It us, it changes depending on your choices which dont establish canon.
>>
>>32184950
Good argument.
>>
>>32184993
You're just repeating shit that makes no sense. I've already addressed this. You're making no new valid points.
>>
>>32185323
I agree with him and think your counterarguments are weak.
>>
>>32183963
>with some exceptions like Zygarde
Eh, Zygarde is less multiple versions as much as the one splitting.
>>
>>32185323
Why doesn't it make sense? You didn;t adress it. I explained the difference between events that vary according to your decisions and gameplay and lore differences. You are just saying the things agreeing with your headcanon are arbitrarily valid and the ones that doesn't aren't valid based on an arbitrary division that you can't specify. When you specify it is when you will start having an actual valid point. Till then, of course, I will repeat myself because I don't need to make more points until you address and properly counter argue the points I made.
>>
>>32184940
If you're going by the anime (which I assume you are due to the 5 Genesect), Mewtwo, Reshiram, Zekrom, beasts, regis, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, and possibly Rayquaza have all been confirmed to have multiples running around.

I think Arcues and his direct creations are the only completely unique Pokemon in the anime. (meanwhile, gen 4's cover trio are one of the very few legendaries to have canon multiples running around)
>>
>>32185547
>I think Arcues and his direct creations are the only completely unique Pokemon in the anime.
>meanwhile, gen 4's cover trio are one of the very few legendaries to have canon multiples running around
huh? I don't watch the anime, Arceus didn't create tDialga, Palkia and Giratina in there?
>>
>>32184933
>But it has an explantation.
To be fair that explanation is kind of bunk seeing as it messes with the lore and not only removes the Orbs from Pyre where they were meant to stay but introduces a third orb out of nowhere.
It wasn't really built for any particular purpose either.

>All the events (minus distributions and online shit) is canon. Where did this meme start?
Since about gen 3 when people tried putting these postgame events together and noticed that they didn't make any sense for Pokemon that were supposedly one of a kind. Take the Embedded Tower for instance, in RSE Groudon and Kyogre were either captured or put back to rest there's no feasible way either could be in Johto for that to occur. Ray could be then that relies on the Jade orb which only existed in one game so far and didn't make a return as a megastone or the like.

In other words, unless stated otherwise it's non canon.

>another is an actual implemented feature
And?
That's like saying Alain is canon to the games when the events of the mega evolution special Steven is referencing would have to occur some time after ORAS.
>>
>>32185560
I mean that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are some of the very few legendaries with confirmed multiples in the games. I forgot the last part.
>>
>>32185652
How? There's the Gen 4 main set and the extra Ethan and Lyra might make of one of the three of them.
>>
>>32184179
why do i have to keep posting this
>>
>>32185547
It's more of a mix of games/anime.

Just whatever seemed the most likely/plausible to me.
>>
>>32185667
>how there is more than one if it's just two

Nice maths anon.
>>
>>32183611
>considering the anime as canon
Kys
>>
>>32185671
>95 in a stat is meh. 95 across all stats is horrible and not OU worthy.

What the fuck was that anon smoking?
It's all about movepool, not stats. Jirachi has 100 flat, just 5 more in every stat, and is OU.
Sure, 95 attack and speed is less than most dedicated offensive mons have, but those offensive mons also don't have 95/95/95 bulk.
>>
>>32187256
>there's an extra of all of them because there's an extra of one of them
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.